PDA

View Full Version : Is there really life after divorce?

H20 Toie
10-02-2005, 07:19 AM
After being married for 14 years and being fairly successful, we had all the toys we wanted Motorhome, Harleys, Sandrail, quads, Boat (except it was a Commander) Jeep and Hummer, plus a great house with good neighbors and the best little girl in the world (8 years old) and then everything goes to shit.
While going out and buying a 35' Cigarette has been a lot of fun and i have really met a lot of great people this summer, i get to see my daughter quite a bit but it is just not the same, my new house is only a few miles away so her and the dog stay with me whenever possible and i can drop her off at school in the morning.
It just seems that after spending most of your like working to provide for your family and being prepared to retire someday and then having to start over, whats the point.
Boy do i sound like a whinner. oh well maybe i should stop drinking so much at night then i might not be so hungover and feel like rambling on but oh well.

76ANTHONY
10-02-2005, 07:23 AM
BEEN THERE DONE THAT, yep it sucks, get on with life and stay with your daughter as much as possiable. keep on workin and have fun, sorry just my.02

spectratoad
10-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Yep I got that t-shirt. Just hang in there. Be there for your daughter and yourself. I spent my nights drinking after the kids went to bed and when they went to their mom's I spent the nights at the bars, left bar went to work. Didn't want to go home to my empty house.
It does get better. I looked at it like it can only get better because it can't get much worse.
Lots of peeps on here have been through it so you can find alot of support/advice on here I am sure.
Most of all....have fun and be true to yourself and your daughter. :D

LHC30Victory
10-02-2005, 08:06 AM
YUP. It sucks. Although it does get better over time as you learn to live with and for yourself and your daughter, there will be times that you feel like shit again.
Seeing them go back to moms is hard and if you and your ex don't see eye to eye on raising the kids, or the mutual support isn't there, its even worse.
We all survive, take care of yourself or you wont be able to take care of your daughter.
Ted's counseling service - 24/7 :D

JetBoatRich
10-02-2005, 08:08 AM
sorry to hear about your past :yuk: but it does happen and be thankful you can be there for your daughter and teach her to be strong through difficult times.
Hang in there :cool:

INSman
10-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Dan
When the time is right, someone special will come into your life. I just don't know if you will find her amongst this crazy ***boat crowd !! :supp: :D

SK48
10-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Been there, done that. Don't worry it gets better if you let it. Doesn't happen over night.

Mrs.Racer277
10-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Hang in there. Enjoy the years you have with your daughter and her dog. They will grow up fast. Maybe hanging with some good friends will take your mind off the rest. And I am sure you will find the right person to spend the rest of your life with. Anytime you want to come over the hill and meet for dinner let us know. :cool: I wish you all the best.
And atleast you have your friends here to vent to. :wink:

76ANTHONY
10-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Hang in there. Enjoy the years you have with your daughter and her dog. They will grow up fast. Maybe hanging with some good friends will take your mind off the rest. And I am sure you will find the right person to spend the rest of your life with. Anytime you want to come over the hill and meet for dinner let us know. :cool: I wish you all the best.
And atleast you have your friends here to vent to. :wink:
you could always take up smokin :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-02-2005, 08:31 AM
76 already on my list this morning! ;)

HCS
10-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Been there. My daughter is 23 years old and lives 600 miles from me. Hardly see her at all anymore. :frown:
Do like I do. When you drink at night, log on to Hot Boat forums and sound off. :D

Miss Perfect
10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
76 already on my list this morning! ;)
Did he ever really get off your list?? :D

Biglue
10-02-2005, 08:40 AM
LMFAO.
Good morning Mrs. Racer 277.

Mrs.Racer277
10-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Nope :rolleyes: :p
Good Morning to you too! :)

76ANTHONY
10-02-2005, 08:47 AM
:D :wink:

76ANTHONY
10-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Nope :rolleyes: :p
Good Morning to you too! :)
:wink: :yuk: :D

HCS
10-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Hi jackers! :D

NoCal NoBoat
10-02-2005, 09:06 AM
H20Toie -
Don't want to sound like a chiche machine. There is definitely life after divorce, but you have to be really patient. My daughter was 5, the divorce was not my idea, and I should have, but didn't see it coming. Here's what I did right (trust me, it's a very short list - if you want to talk about what not to do, I could write a book).
Since you're divorced , you probably took care of this already.
Joint legal, joint physical custody. Big help to staying in your child's life. Your ex can't leave for "greener pastures" with your child without your approval. Important people in your daughter's life, like teachers and doctors,
understand that they WILL talk to you about important matters, not hide behind "I'm not sure you're a custodial parent, there are legal considerations here"...
Trust me, the next ten years with your daughter are going to fly by. Don't miss a thing...
Manage your finances carefully (you're probably supporting a household and a half these days). I didn't do this well, and it cost me, in cash and stress.
Everything in moderation.
Friends and family are a big help, (and, unfortunately these days, many of them have also done that, been there), They are a big help !
14 years later, I'm married to somebody who is genuine, and has my back. My daughter is kicking down doors at college, and sends me e-mails that share things other than a need for money.
The last time I talked to my ex-wife, she had a couple of regrets...

ROZ
10-02-2005, 09:08 AM
It may be tough at times, but you're not starting over..That little girl's smile and love plus your good health is all you need... Good things happen to good people. Do your best at being there for your daughter and provide as stable home for her as possible, and your life will again, in your eyes, flourish :)
This place can be quite an outlet, so say whatever you need to get off your chest. Maybe Mrs. Hooter will give you a hug and make it all better :)

ROZ
10-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Been there. My daughter is 23 years old and lives 600 miles from me. Hardly see her at all anymore. :frown:
Do like I do. When you drink at night, log on to Hot Boat forums and sound off. :D
But she does post on the boards at times, doesn't she?

missboatnam1
10-02-2005, 09:18 AM
yes, there is.....you just have to take it one day at a time, and you will heal...then life will start over, and make you a stronger wiser person....i was with the same jerk for 28 years, i thought i could never start over, but i did, and its awsome ;) ;)
take care

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Hell Yesss There Is, :d

Essexive G's
10-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Life is what you make it. There were no promises when you popped out of the mold. I think to help you get over for the interm, you need to be really pissed off at your mom and dad for havin ya.
That'll help you forget everything else. :D

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2005, 10:13 AM
It's tough now, but it will get easier. It's always tough sharing the kids, but you gotta think about what you do have and make the most of it. More cliches, I know. You owe it to yourself, and to your daughter to stick with it. You'll be happy again, and at some point realize that you're much better off. It kills me that I couldn't give my kids a traditional "nuclear" family, but we make the most of what time we have together and we don't have a moody biatch to screw up our fun. :wink:
I feel ya, though. It can be really tough. I've made tough choices to be near my kids (even live in the IE - j/king) but wouldn't trade the time with them. When I get down, I think of my kids. It always brings me back up. I'm now looking at getting married to another woman. Amazing how things happen.
Best of luck to you. You'll be fine. :D

HCS
10-02-2005, 10:18 AM
But she does post on the boards at times, doesn't she?
Yep. Which is cool. She knows where to find me. :notam:

MagicMtnDan
10-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey, the good news is you're single! Get out there and get some strange. Just don't get involved for a while you're not ready (trust me, I know).
Stay close to your friends and closer to your daughter. Invest in yourself (instead of toys) and you'll come to enjoy being single and spoiling yourself.
Did I mention you're single and you can go out and get laid?! :)

Windy
10-02-2005, 10:47 AM
There are better days ahead...promise. ;)

H20 Toie
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Wow thanks for all the support, My daughter is more important to me than anything, i never knew my dad i use to see him maybe once a year so it is very important to me to be in her life as much as possible.

LHC30Victory
10-02-2005, 10:57 AM
There is your focus. Remember that and all else will fall into place.
Good luck. Call anytime.

Debbolas
10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
:D Best of luck to you, :clover: I know this is a tough time. You will be a stronger person for it. Like eveyone has said, keep close to your daughter and go to as many Hot Boat events as possible. :D
:clover: Life will surprise you with love when you LEAST expect it. Believe me I know ;)
:clover: Hang in there, we are here for you :clover:

H20 Toie
10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Invest in yourself (instead of toys) and you'll come to enjoy being single and spoiling yourself.
Yep time to head to the gym, i have great people working for me so i don't have to work 24/7 anymore but i'm not giving up the toys, i did get rid of the Commander but i don't plan on getting rid of the Cig for a long time.
Besides i am curious to see how long it will take me to get in shape, i have managed to meet all my goals that i have set before so it will just be another challenge.

comin' unscrewed
10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
After being married for 14 years and being fairly successful, we had all the toys we wanted Motorhome, Harleys, Sandrail, quads, Boat (except it was a Commander) Jeep and Hummer, plus a great house with good neighbors and the best little girl in the world (8 years old) and then everything goes to shit.
Perhaps, like many couples in America today, you were spending more effort on the frame than the picture?

H20 Toie
10-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Perhaps, like many couples in America today, you were spending more effort on the frame than the picture?
I could see how you would think that, but the problem we had was the business and how to run it which caused the problems and since i was not going to fire all of my employees to make her happy, I know that i am not perfect but i tried to do what was best for us but somehow managed to mess it up bigtime.
The saying that money does not buy you happiness is true and money was never the issue it had to do with control and respect and trust.

DeputyDawg
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Be so glad that you live close to your daughter and get to see her often, as that is priceless! My ex married a fighter pilot and they move all around the globe so I don't get to see my two oldest kids near enough, and believe me when it is time to take them to the airport and put them on a plane it's tough. Watching them walk down that jetway thing and turning to look back at me with tears rolling down their faces as they step out of site will suck almost every ounce of life out of you. Hang in there man, it will get better and charish that little girl because they grow up too fast.

HCS
10-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Here's one for ya. :D
A woman's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day. One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer. As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears..."You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business
failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost
the house, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were
still by my side...You know what?" "What dear?" she gently asked, smiling as
her heart began to fill with! warmth....................
"I think you're bad luck, get the f*ck away from me!"

H20 Toie
10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Be so glad that you live close to your daughter and get to see her often, as that is priceless! My ex married a fighter pilot and they move all around the globe so I don't get to see my two oldest kids near enough, and believe me when it is time to take them to the airport and put them on a plane it's tough. Watching them walk down that jetway thing and turning to look back at me with tears rolling down their faces as they step out of site will suck almost every ounce of life out of you. Hang in there man, it will get better and charish that little girl because they grow up too fast.
It is bad enough when i go on a show for a few days i can not even imagine what it would be like to live in another state, i guess i should be grateful for what i have.

Forkin' Crazy
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Been there done that. Been divorced for 5 years now. My son was 3. She had been cheating on me for some time (must have been blind...lol). She got married to the guy that she was cheating with 2 months after the divorce. I remember my son saying, "Daddy, I got a new Daddy." Man, you talk about hurting! I wanted to kill the bitch!!! My point is, it could have been worse.
Spend a lot of time with your daughter. I think when the children get older, they can chose who they live with primarily. That's what I am counting on b/c I don't get to see him enough right now.
Best of luck!

Throttle
10-03-2005, 01:56 PM
oh yeah, better???
you bet! not the same but better!

a catered life
10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
While going out and buying a 35' Cigarette has been a lot of fun and i have really met a lot of great people this summer, i get to see my daughter quite a bit but it is just not the same, my new house is only a few miles away so her and the dog stay with me whenever possible and i can drop her off at school in the morning.
It just seems that after spending most of your like working to provide for your family and being prepared to retire someday and then having to start over, whats the point.
Boy do i sound like a whinner. oh well maybe i should stop drinking so much at night then i might not be so hungover and feel like rambling on but oh well.
man sorry it all went to shiat :yuk: but YES there is life after divorce (sometimes its really good) :smile: you talked about all the material stuff but thats shiat isnt important in the big picture your health and the wellfair of your daughter if i would have stayed married i would have had NOTHING divorce was the best thing to happen to me and we had 4 kids it was hard at first really hard but i had to maintain myself for the sake of the kids..8 years later and my ex still wants to get back together but i know its better for us to stay apart....keep a tight relationship with your daughter and remember this one important thing DONT BAD TALK ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF YOUR DAUGHTER THE EX NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS BE A BIGGER PERSON AND LET THE CARDS PLAY OUT. ONE THING I CAN SAY ABOUT DIVORCE IS A LOT OF THE TIMES ONE OF THE ADULTS BAD TALKS THE OTHER ONE AND THIS USUALY BACK FIRES. and what ever you do dont drunk call her hard to do but you gotta move on.....good luck brother

H20 Toie
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
and what ever you do dont drunk call her hard to do but you gotta move on.....good luck brother
What? me get drunk. :D

WYRD
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Dan
When the time is right, someone special will come into your life. I just don't know if you will find her amongst this crazy ***boat crowd !! :supp: :D
Why not could happen :idea:
I have been through two divorces H2O and the one thing that I have learned is that "everything" happens for a reason. It may take a month, year, or even years to realize. But trust me you will see why you are going through this. Good Luck and god Bless ;)

riverbound
10-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I unfortunately am in the same boat as you. But I have reached the point where everyday is getting better and better. Just keep in there and things will work out for you.

H20 Toie
10-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I have been through two divorces H2O and the one thing that I have learned is that "everything" happens for a reason. It may take a month, year, or even years to realize. But trust me you will see why you are going through this. Good Luck and god Bless ;)
I'll drink to that.

OGShocker
10-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I burned up three ex's before I found my soul mate! I love my wife!
Don't get down too far, it does get better. Love your daughter, she is all that matters now.

riverbound
10-04-2005, 01:21 PM
......And these things happen when you least expect them too.

MsDrmr
10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow thanks for all the support, My daughter is more important to me than anything, i never knew my dad i use to see him maybe once a year so it is very important to me to be in her life as much as possible.
You have the support of many peeps here on the boards, don't loose track of your daughter, she will always need you. With the seperation of my husband and myself, he does not get to see his dad anymore, he does not call to see how he is doing or ask to see him, and my son suffers for that. Don't let that happen to you and your daughter.
Mr and I seperated in Feb, and the hurt does last a long time. Don't rush through the emotions of it, just go with it, have someone(s) that you can turn to and be open with for support. Try not to become bitter or angry,cause that will just hurt you and your daughter.
Spend time alone, so that you can learn that you are okay by yourself and can manage. Use this time to build a relationship with your daughter, and don't rush into bringing other women into the situation.

Debbolas
10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
You have the support of many peeps here on the boards, don't loose track of your daughter, she will always need you. With the seperation of my husband and myself, he does not get to see his dad anymore, he does not call to see how he is doing or ask to see him, and my son suffers for that. Don't let that happen to you and your daughter.
Mr and I seperated in Feb, and the hurt does last a long time. Don't rush through the emotions of it, just go with it, have someone(s) that you can turn to and be open with for support. Try not to become bitter or angry,cause that will just hurt you and your daughter.
Spend time alone, so that you can learn that you are okay by yourself and can manage. Use this time to build a relationship with your daughter, and don't rush into bringing other women into the situation.
Hello Stranger ;)

MsDrmr
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Hello Stranger ;)
Hello, how are things for you?
Things are slow here, just trying to keep on top of work
Hows the mr. doing? Getting ready for his busy season?

Magic34
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
With the seperation of my husband and myself, he does not get to see his dad anymore, he does not call to see how he is doing or ask to see him, and my son suffers for that.
I normally don't get involved or chime in on stuff like this, but I am in one of those moods today.
To your ex..... That is BULLSHIT. Your kid needs you a$$hole.

MsDrmr
10-04-2005, 02:18 PM
I normally don't get involved or chime in on stuff like this, but I am in one of those moods today.
To your ex..... That is BULLSHIT. Your kid needs you a$$hole.
Thats what I have trying to say...He is not the biologial father, but he is the only DAD my son has known. He misses him so very much, and the mr. has seen him three times since Feb 11th. for a couple hrs.

Magic34
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Thats what I have trying to say...He is not the biologial father, but he is the only DAD my son has known. He misses him so very much, and the mr. has seen him three times since Feb 11th. for a couple hrs.
Doesn't matter.
Look guy, this kid looks up to you and you are a positive influence in his life. Make the kid feel good, talk to him, it will make a difference 1 day.

MsDrmr
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Doesn't matter.
Look guy, this kid looks up to you and you are a positive influence in his life. Make the kid feel good, talk to him, it will make a difference 1 day.
Thanks for your help, maybe he is willing to listen to you over me...don't matter to me who he takes the advice from, as long as he takes it.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Whenever kids are involved, whether they be biological or not, it is a difficult situation for everyone. I can relate.

MAINEVENT
10-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm doing quite well the only thing that does get to me is not seeing my kids when i want other than i lost 125lbs of dead weight :hammerhea :hammerhea

WYRD
10-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm doing quite well the only thing that does get to me is not seeing my kids when i want other than i lost 125lbs of dead weight :hammerhea :hammerhea
well considering checkers is about 115 you only lost 10lbs :D

MAINEVENT
10-04-2005, 03:03 PM
well considering checkers is about 115 you only lost 10lbs :D
Very very well worth it then :devil: :devil: :rollside: and i think she's less then that :rollside:

WYRD
10-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Very very well worth it then :devil: :devil: :rollside: and i think she's less then that :rollside:
:idea: :D :D Hubba Hubba :D

Debbolas
10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Hello, how are things for you?
Things are slow here, just trying to keep on top of work
Hows the mr. doing? Getting ready for his busy season?
Yes, we are remodling our kitchen (not fun)...... :wink:

Magic34
10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Whenever kids are involved, whether they be biological or not, it is a difficult situation for everyone. I can relate.
Not doubting that at all, but I grew up with divorced parents and know how important it is.
Here is a little story.
My senior year of high school, I decided to coach a little league team, major division 10-12 year olds. I decided this after the draft took place, so the other coaches had picked a team with some kids from tryouts. I talked to my 2 best friends and they decided to be my asst. coaches. So here we are (3) 17 year olds coaching a little league team. We all played baseball all of our lives and I went to ASU baseball camp every summer for 2 weeks a year growing up until I was 15 y/o.
So we have our first practice, you should have seen the look on the parents face when 3 teenagers show up to coach their kids. LMAO.
Now, this was the same division that the LLWS everyone watches on ESPN2, the 10-12 y/o. For the kids that are not as good, they have the minor division, which is less competitive.
Well, the first practice takes place, and these kids SUCK. Remember, the other coaches picked this team, we were just given it, well, only 3-4 of our kids should have been playing at this level. Some of them could not even catch, seriously. Well, we couldn't tell them that, so we worked, and worked and worked.
OK, now getting to my point. There was a kid, I think he was 11 years old. his Mom was around 40 and dating a 21 y/o guy. His dad was never to be found. This kid was also less than 4' tall. He was tiny, smallest kid in the league. Couldn't hit, could barely catch, couldn't bunt.
One game his Dad showed up. Now mind you there was 15 games or so, and he only came to 1. My parents being divorced, my dad living in another state, he didn't see my games often at all, actually rarely. But when my dad would make it, I felt awesome.
So, his dad shows up and I notice it. I normally only played this kid 3-4 innings per game and tried to not put him in areas where the ball came a lot. You know second base or right field. We also had slow pitchers.
Well, I start the kid at second base after knowing his dad is there. I play him all game and also bat him first in the lineup. I wanted his dad to think that he was one of the top kids on the team.
Believe it or not, Shawn was this name, got 2 hits, and had 3 balls hit to him. He made every play and got each hitter out on each of those 3 plays. This kid was glowing!!!!! I even gave him the steal sign and he would have been out but the catcher threw it into center field and he was safe at third from first. Everything went perfect for him that day. It meant so much to him that his dad could see this 2 hours of his life.
I felt I was a hard ass at 17, but I almost cried watching this. I gave this kid a huge hug when he came in. I was so happy that he had the feeling of a caring father.
This team we had was terrible. I had a kid that had a seizure when he was younger and only had use with 1 arm, but we made it work. It was one of the most growing experiences I ever had.
To mrsdrmr's ex...... You are this kids dad. It doesn't matter if he is technically yours or not, but you would never believe how good he would feel if you would spend some time with him. Go to a game or something that he does. You cant even describe the feeling that the kid will have when he sees you or hears from you on a regualr basis. It's not hard to do, but makes a huge difference in someone's life.

rmarion
10-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Not doubting that at all, but I grew up with divorced parents and know how important it is.
Here is a little story.
My senior year of high school, I decided to coach a little league team, major division 10-12 year olds. I decided this after the draft took place, so the other coaches had picked a team with some kids from tryouts. I talked to my 2 best friends and they decided to be my asst. coaches. So here we are (3) 17 year olds coaching a little league team. We all played baseball all of our lives and I went to ASU baseball camp every summer for 2 weeks a year growing up until I was 15 y/o.
So we have our first practice, you should have seen the look on the parents face when 3 teenagers show up to coach their kids. LMAO.
Now, this was the same division that the LLWS everyone watches on ESPN2, the 10-12 y/o. For the kids that are not as good, they have the minor division, which is less competitive.
Well, the first practice takes place, and these kids SUCK. Remember, the other coaches picked this team, we were just given it, well, only 3-4 of our kids should have been playing at this level. Some of them could not even catch, seriously. Well, we couldn't tell them that, so we worked, and worked and worked.
OK, now getting to my point. There was a kid, I think he was 11 years old. his Mom was around 40 and dating a 21 y/o guy. His dad was never to be found. This kid was also less than 4' tall. He was tiny, smallest kid in the league. Couldn't hit, could barely catch, couldn't bunt.
One game his Dad showed up. Now mind you there was 15 games or so, and he only came to 1. My parents being divorced, my dad living in another state, he didn't see my games often at all, actually rarely. But when my dad would make it, I felt awesome.
So, his dad shows up and I notice it. I normally only played this kid 3-4 innings per game and tried to not put him in areas where the ball came a lot. You know second base or right field. We also had slow pitchers.
Well, I start the kid at second base after knowing his dad is there. I play him all game and also bat him first in the lineup. I wanted his dad to think that he was one of the top kids on the team.
Believe it or not, Shawn was this name, got 2 hits, and had 3 balls hit to him. He made every play and got each hitter out on each of those 3 plays. This kid was glowing!!!!! I even gave him the steal sign and he would have been out but the catcher threw it into center field and he was safe at third from first. Everything went perfect for him that day. It meant so much to him that his dad could see this 2 hours of his life.
I felt I was a hard ass at 17, but I almost cried watching this. I gave this kid a huge hug when he came in. I was so happy that he had the feeling of a caring father.
This team we had was terrible. I had a kid that had a seizure when he was younger and only had use with 1 arm, but we made it work. It was one of the most growing experiences I ever had.
To mrsdrmr's ex...... You are this kids dad. It doesn't matter if he is technically yours or not, but you would never believe how good he would feel if you would spend some time with him. Go to a game or something that he does. You cant even describe the feeling that the kid will have when he sees you or hears from you on a regualr basis. It's not hard to do, but makes a huge difference in someone's life.
Thats an AWESOME story..............thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

MagicMtnDan
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Not doubting that at all, but I grew up with divorced parents and know how important it is. Here is a little story.
That's a terrific tale - I'm glad you told it to us. You should be proud of what you did for him and the other kids. :cool:

Magic34
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
That's a terrific tale - I'm glad you told it to us. You should be proud of what you did for him and the other kids. :cool:
Thanks.
I had to go out and find another player so we could win a game, so I got a family friend who was 12 y/o and a big kid. He was probably one of the biggest in the league, and not fat. So I convince him to get on our team and clear it with the league, these other a-hole coaches bitched about this kid coming on my team and one of them tried to get him on their team. It was a fight to keep this kid who I talked into playing and was a very close family friend on my frickin team. Those old bastards sucked. Got to the point of if he wasn't on my team, he wasn't going to play. I mean we really sucked bad. Lost all but 1 game.
Also, there was 1 kid who was the best pitcher in the league. I knew the guy who taught him how to pitch, hell that same guy coached me at one point. He threw really hard and tossed a handful of no hitters. This little punk would hit one of the first batters each game and the kid would go down crying. The rest of the team was scared sh*tless. The kid was taught to do this, I know because I was taught but never did it.
Well, he hit that little kid Shawn one game and I lost it. I went off on his dad (his team coach) and the ump. I wanted the kid tossed, and after my fit, he only hit 1 other kid. He would say it slipped, but it always happened in the first inning and he threw 3 of 4 pitches in the strike zone for every batter after that.
So... take us to all star season. I was asked by the only other cool coach in the league to help coach because the kids liked me. Well, batting practice came up and a coach was pitching to the kids. Guess who the coach was pitching :crossx: That hot head kid stepped in the box and I threw as hard as I could inside on every pitch. From that distance, it would have been like a 95 MPH fast ball. He shit his pants and stayed clear of me the rest of the all star season.

ROZ
10-21-2005, 09:19 PM
A lot of great advce here, thanks :)
Howz it going h20 toie?

H20 Toie
10-22-2005, 10:28 AM
A lot of great advce here, thanks :)
Howz it going h20 toie?
It is going ok, it seems like a lot of people are in the same boat. :frown:
We will see how the winter goes.

WaterBox
10-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Maybe we should traid paychecks for a year or so, I don't have any of them problems :D

H20 Toie
10-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Maybe we should traid paychecks for a year or so, I don't have any of them problems :D
Sure but you get the bills to.

MsDrmr
10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Dan, your not whining, as it's obvious so many are going through this painful ordeal, you're not alone. I know your hurting and confused right now, and no drinking is not the answer, but even I found it's a good numbing agent....a temporary fix.
I can't even begin to tell you when the pain will cease as I am still in pain. But I have to believe that you, me, and others in this situation will find some peace and happiness in our lives at some point.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-22-2005, 12:37 PM
It is going ok, it seems like a lot of people are in the same boat. :frown:
We will see how the winter goes.
Next week in Dumont I will go hunting the hot grity biatches with you!

H20 Toie
10-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Next week in Dumont I will go hunting the hot grity biatches with you!
Sounds like a plan

Silver
10-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Time is just about the only thing that heals ya heart!
Hang in there, find the good in your life, stay positive! You never know what the future has in store for you!
Here's three of my favorite words: FAITH, HOPE, LOVE. They still excits in your heart!