PDA

View Full Version : Mallory ignition?

UltraLucky
03-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Considering installing Mallory Breakerless Dist., Hyfire VI box and Blaster coil. Looking for feed back if any of you have tried this combo. I am replacing Thunderbolt V system. Thanks, UltraLucky

Craig
03-23-2003, 10:18 AM
I ran a Unilight and coil in my Gran Sport for years. Never had any problems. I like the MSD as well, that's what's in the boat.

shirkey4750
03-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Have ran the Mallory Unilite in my last three boats, Had one module go bad and it was a used one when I got the distributor. My Thunderbolt ign. went out on my cruiser last summer, and I jerked the Mallory out of my hydro and put it in. And I could tell a difference in the performance, so I have a new one to install permanet. I'm going to use a MSD6A box with it.

gnarley
03-23-2003, 07:15 PM
I have a Unilite now & it took 4 modules to make it work right! Mallory was selling them with defective modules last year & didn't know it. I kept poping them & Mallory was great in helping determine the problem & didn't charge anything, it was really a drag though & took a couple of months to figure out. Now it's fine & happy with the results. If you get one make sure to get a spare module, it will get you home.