PDA

View Full Version : pomonkey

jets4me
10-02-2005, 04:47 PM
8 jets running at pomonkey today i was running keith playing around and something not so good happen hit a wake boat out of the water engine cuts off comes back down then you know what happens then hold on hard left moparjets girl seen the hole thing she was in tears i was a littil shookin up but lesson learned no one hurt other then that a great turn out at pomonkey other then the police coming threw the woods about the noise but what ever thanks all for a good time

Slacker
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry couldnt make it up there, went to the radar run today.There was some fast boats up there. 30 foot spectra doin about 111 mph, good weather and a nice turn out.Later...

sunkisst
10-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Mike,I guess all of this happened after I left.Your engine did not get hurt too bad,Huh?When I left it was noisy.

jets4me
10-03-2005, 05:31 AM
if it was not hurt it is now but not a problem i will have it fixed before lake james i hope ?

rich seibert
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
jets4me
sorry to hear that your motor is not feeling well, i have had my share of bad luck this year, ..as well
....did it happen to over rev when you raced waterbed fred, do you have a rev limiter on your ign box.?? that water was not the best to be playing in ??at that time of day
the only time i was not scared was when i was driving,
my hull goes in the repair shop tomarrow 1st thing :hammer2:
it will float alot better this time next week,...with a 1/2 dozen less holes
hope you getter going again

jets4me
10-03-2005, 04:16 PM
well i just pulled the head off and the lip on the piston busted on #3 cyclender but did not hurt any thing block fine head fine we were on the way in and me and kieth where playing around and i sprayed it and some rough water come up fast could not get off the gas fast enough it bucked up then nose down engine off 180 degrees like rite now. we almost got throwed that was a lesson for me no glasse water no foot in the throttle i am going to order some nitrous pistons tomorrow try to have ready for lake james ok rich had fun saturday take care see ya soon Mike

miketsouth
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
WHERE IS THE PICS, BRO :D
Happy to hear no one hurt. I understand this is a property of that type of hull and can be very unforgiving.
Also happy to hear no real damage to the engine.
Also jealous to hear y'all 'younguns' can swap pistons like i swap beers.
I went to Hagarstown to see my folks and play on the upper potomac with FAKETHIS (now known as mister 'third base') . You got to get him to explain that one.
We burnt some gas. MightyMouse had a chance to shine once again, it was grand. Pops place is majestic.

miketsouth
10-03-2005, 05:03 PM
other then the police coming threw the woods about the noise but what ever thanks all for a good time
tell me about this BS. The commercial aircraft that threaten every day to land on that stretch of river drown ANY jetboat out.
Oh yeah, how was the Hydrilla?

CMZRACING
10-04-2005, 02:51 AM
yea the cops were ok, they just wanted to let us know that residents were unhappy. they said they cant do anything about it, but just wanted us to be a little more respectful around the shoreline. hmmmmm well ok, and they left. hydrilla wasnt bad, atleast not enough to have to jump over board every 5 min. had a great time, cant wait for another little meet, starting to get chilly these mornings, hope a couple of good weekends are still in store!

miketsouth
10-04-2005, 12:51 PM
yea the cops were ok, they just wanted to let us know that residents were unhappy.
that is their job, keep the peace, as well as making sure you all aint out there trying to hurt someone.
Generally i have not had any big trouble with the Bronze out there. I be very polite, have my stuff in order and obey the rules. If they do the same, i think it is great.
If, on the other hand, they stop you for no reason, plow around you and try to swamp you in a no wake zone (for no reason) i dont like that. They have done both. Called their office both times and got (honest sounding) apologies both times. If i had videos of what the fools did to me under the Wilson Bridge (coast guard aux.) i would have got two fools off the river, and more.
Making it to Pomonkey from DC is a gamble. It can get just too rough too quick in that big water.

jets4me
10-05-2005, 04:06 AM
mike i did not see no airplane but i did get to see a runway .....thats all i can say cant say her name lol see ya