PDA

View Full Version : Extrudehone and Jethot coatings?

Hotcrusader76
07-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Well I think I have made up my mind on sending my Edelbrock Tunnel Ram off to Extrudehone to have their service performed to it. It will set me back approx. $365.00. Is this fair? Is it worth the extra cfm and flow?
Afterwards its going to be sent to Jethot, along with my Bassets, to be Sterling coated. Are both of these additions to my motor worth it?
What are some opinions, pros and cons to this modification? Does anyone have good feedback in regards to coating their parts?
Please forward comments to tdlofstrom@tpcracing.com
Thanks
Ty

comin' unscrewed
07-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Hmmmm..... I've often wondered what the Extrudehone process could do for my impeller, bowl and snoot......

chaparral2350sx
07-22-2002, 04:38 PM
Ty
The Jethot coating is great a budy of mine did it to a header for a supervee racer. That was 10 years ago and it still looks as good as the day it came out of the box from the coaters. Now the extrude hone is another story I have no success stories on that one. I think if you are rpm up around 6700 to 7000 you might see a gain.
Tom :rolleyes:

BOFH
07-22-2002, 05:39 PM
In Houston, there is a company that has been doing coatings for 20 years. (PolyDyne) "Back in the day" we started using them for Super Vee. Every time I go I see parts for Grand National engines all over the place. :-) I used there thermal barrier coating on many engines and headers. For the headers, the big thing is no rust, and they don't get too hot to work on the engine. For the engine you coat the combustion chambers, pistons, and exhaust runners, and valves. This results in MUCH cooler temps, and no hot spots. No hot spots means NO DETONATION! I was running a VW Beetle for 3 years with 13 to 1 compression on pump gas! All it had was thermal barrier coating, water injection, and a cam with 296 duration. Made a bunch of Mustang owners pissed... :-) I never used Jethot, so I can not comment, but I can't recommend Thermal Barrier Coating enough!