PDA

View Full Version : water bottles in the pits

aauya
10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
water bottles water bottles does any one check whats in them????????? did PAPP pour some of his speacial mix in that killing time boat how in the hell did that boat win and who in the hell tunes that motor he need to change the jetting if there going to run 151 proof

jweeks123
10-03-2005, 02:51 PM
i thought i recall that boat making a strong pass in the final.
in the 8s
jw

bp
10-03-2005, 03:13 PM
well, i'd say give 'em a little bit of a break. 8.56/117 isn't a strong pass, but they finally had it running ok after almost sinking it in san diego the weekend before. that package is pretty new (they were still collecting pieces in august), and it takes awhile to sort things out. besides, they may want to run t/e with it instead of p/e...

MikeF
10-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Word I heard was a PROP boat in their (near) future. :mix:

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Word I heard was a PROP boat in their (near) future. :mix:
i heard the same thing ..... also heard the word fuel in there too

Cs19
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Seems its a bit inconsistant, but I thought the boat ran hard once they got the bugs worked out, Tom said something about the saltwater created some problems in the wiring.They broke the suction at SD, which explains the saltwater getting into the wiring.
Should be a contender in the 8.50 class.

moneysucker
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I was told that the salt water corroded the wiring to the point that after changing boxes coils and every other part they could think was the problem the final solution was hard wiring the ignition through the dead man and that solved it. It was inside the harness that had a problem from what I understand. As far as the rumors, I never heard the "fuel" word but I did hear Capsule. And no where was the word Jet. But none of what I hear was confirmed with my own eyes so as far as I know it could be as real as the stuff thatis poated in the Moneysucker, petrofied, quack attack thread.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM
all i know is that i heard it from ED's mouth ..hmmmm

TRG
10-06-2005, 11:25 AM
water bottles water bottles does any one check whats in them????????? did PAPP pour some of his speacial mix in that killing time boat how in the hell did that boat win and who in the hell tunes that motor he need to change the jetting if there going to run 151 proof
PLEASE!... ive been involved in papps pits for some time now, there is absolutly no liquor involved while racing, after the races (away from the track is something else!) we all tie one one, majority of all racers delve in the hooch (am i wrong??)!
Todd

BUSBY
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Go look at the competition in Blown gas Jet you'll find there isnt any,thats how he won.
There isn't any, or wasn't any that day?
http://www.njbaracing.net/results/2005/09/ladders/bgj.pdf
I think there is still a boat out there who would have provided an excellent race ... should have won ... :idea:

moneysucker
10-06-2005, 11:57 AM
PLEASE!... ive been involved in papps pits for some time now, there is absolutly no liquor involved while racing, after the races (away from the track is something else!) we all tie one one, majority of all racers delve in the hooch (am i wrong??)!
Todd
I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone said something to the 4 post wonder. I have been around Teams that Tom is involved with and it is always a profesional operation.

BUSBY
10-06-2005, 12:07 PM
yes,it's true. we bought the old tin indian boat. kurtis hydro. can't wait for next year! and thank you.
And after speaking to Tommy ... I heard PM possibly? I say good for them ... and have fun! No matter what class. Nice boat BTW ...

screamdreambrad
10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Aauya I Don't Think That This Is The Appropriate Forum For Your Personal Feelings About My Race Team.

pacman
10-06-2005, 07:11 PM
hey BFP don't you mean OUR race team? :eat:
EFP

BUSBY
10-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Wow ... where did that come from :confused:
Calling Ron's (who isn't my Daddy btw) boat a joke isn't very cool, what did he ever do to you ??? it is a consistant low 8 second jet boat ... and I think it gives a bit of competition to the other boats in it's class ...
I think Ron, Willis, Tom Cress, Brad ... all of those guys are good competition for each other ...
:hammer2:

BUSBY
10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
THERE ISNT ANY.
NOW DONT GO TALKING ABOUT YOUR DADDYS BLOWN GAS JET, ITS AN EMBARASSMENT. IT RUNS DEEP IN THE 8S EVERY NOW AND THEN ?.THERE ARE PRO GAS BOATS (BOTH FLATS AND JETS) ALL OVER THE COUNTRY THAT WILL DESTROY THAT JOKE OF A BOAT.STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT.
You should check you numbers before saying "every now and then" ... Ron is consistantly 8.3's to 8.5's all year ... still good competition for all that I mentioned above IMO ...

OMAHA 18
10-07-2005, 07:57 AM
i ve met tommy in the mid west b4 and he is usually hammerd by 9 in the morning. go check his glass at the next race 99% vodka 1% juice.

BUSBY
10-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Good competition IMO ...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2358DSCF8231a.JPG

BUSBY
10-07-2005, 08:45 AM
And you call Ron's deal a joke/embarrassing? I'm sure other "fans" would disagree ...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2358IMG_0151.JPG

cyclone
10-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Ron's boat runs good. It ain't no potato chip and the numbers he's putting up with an engine displacing 100 cubic inches less than his competition is pretty impressive.
What's not impressive is guys hiding behind screen names and taking cheap shots at others. :sleeping:

jweeks123
10-07-2005, 08:54 AM
time to flush this thread
jw

superdave013
10-07-2005, 08:58 AM
What's not impressive is guys hiding behind screen names and taking cheap shots at others. :sleeping:
I agree that's bull shit. It's one thing to joke around with one of your friends but to try and hurt someone's biz is total b.s.
I spend quite a bit of time talking to Tom at the race on Sunday. And it was pretty late in the day. As far as I could tell he was not drinking.
Sounds to me like someone got beat and is a lil butt hurt over it.

Jetboatguru
10-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Ron has come along way in the last couple years. I can remember several instances when he couldn't even get the boat lit on the rope. Then I watched a couple times when he would get it fired the water from the pop off would splash up and drowned the mag. I admit it, I cursed him under my helmet a few times for slowing down the show. :D

Jetboatguru
10-07-2005, 09:02 AM
As far as Mr Papp goes,
That dude has been around long enough and proven himself time and time again. A little drinking is not gonna hurt his reputation or his business.

disco_charger
10-07-2005, 09:49 AM
As far as Mr Papp goes,
That dude has been around long enough and proven himself time and time again. A little drinking is not gonna hurt his reputation or his business.
This is what always gets me. Dude has been in the buis for years. If he was so jacked up, and drunk all the time, wouldn't he be out of it by now?
By the way, if that boat in Blown Gas is such a joke, why not step and become the high points champion? It's easy, right? :hammerhea

Squirtcha?
10-07-2005, 09:55 AM
i ve met tommy in the mid west b4 and he is usually hammerd by 9 in the morning. go check his glass at the next race 99% vodka 1% juice.
Dude, you've got five posts on the board and half are negative in nature. Maybe you need to check yourself (proof read) a little before throwing it out there.
Your posts (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=627736)
Maybe it's not intentional (maybe it is).
I find that it's real easy to piss people off if you don't choose your words carefully. Some things (opinions) are best kept to yourself.