10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Nothing like mashing the gas!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/709374726-R1-023-10.jpg

flattie
10-03-2005, 06:26 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/709374726-R1-021-9.jpg

Jetboatguru
10-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Doesn't this pic remind anyone of the "Ups and Downs" poster? We need her hair to be flowing into the scoop and we need her boobies to be bouncing and then Voila!!! Nice looking boat.

MandDPerformance
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah!! Yeah!! Show me boobies!! Heah, Heah!!

Kim Hanson
10-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Doesn't this pic remind anyone of the "Ups and Downs" poster? We need her hair to be flowing into the scoop and we need her boobies to be bouncing and then Voila!!! Nice looking boat.
Not even close Guru, the "Ups and Downs" poster the were moving at a good speed, this look's like a let off and stomp it thing. Good picture though :cool: .........( . )( . ).............. :D

LUVNLIFE
10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I thought someone here was going to remake and update the Ups and Downs photo since we can't get anymore of the originals :idea:

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 01:13 AM
That's "Leaping the Sanger" ???
Kinda makes ya go hummm???
Is there a propeller or rudder under there somewhere???

flattie
10-05-2005, 04:26 AM
I also have half of the engine you have acceptance. & Im the only one with a V -drive withing 300 miles of me. So everything I do to my boat from engine work to painting ect. Has all been done by me in trial and error. When I first started playing with this boat it only went 75mph now it runs in the 107 area with mufflers and full of gas. So I think Im doing ok! Hopefully I will have a heck of alot lighter hull this winter. Although I like the lines on the Sangers. Or maybe it needs a injection setup on it what do you think?

MoJetBoPar
10-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Great looking bubbledeck!

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I also have half of the engine you have acceptance. & Im the only one with a V -drive withing 300 miles of me. So everything I do to my boat from engine work to painting ect. Has all been done by me in trial and error. When I first started playing with this boat it only went 75mph now it runs in the 107 area with mufflers and full of gas. So I think Im doing ok! Hopefully I will have a heck of alot lighter hull this winter. Although I like the lines on the Sangers. Or maybe it needs a injection setup on it what do you think?
I think your on the right track. Try side steppin the down peddel right after hammerin the gas and watch that thing clear the waters surface.
Good lookin deal too :D

Jetboatguru
10-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Take Acceptence's advise on bunny hopping your boat!
Disregard any kill switch info he may have for you. :( :p

flattie
10-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey Acceptance what dia prop and pitch are you running on your deal? Just about every other time I side step the pedal I break one of the center plate turnbuckles. Also evertime I have did this I have always had both tanks pretty full of gas. I have also had it come back down on one side really hard & though I was going for a swim.

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Acceptance is an animal when it comes to jumping boats, don't listen to a word he says.
Brian

superdave013
10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Ya know, good ol Acceptence might be banned for life from NJBA but everyone still talks about him. He was STILL the talk of the pits the last time I was up there. And as he should be. I don't think anyone has got to the fence let alone cleared it!

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Ya know, good ol Acceptence might be banned for life from NJBA but everyone still talks about him. He was STILL the talk of the pits the last time I was up there. And as he should be. I don't think anyone has got to the fence let alone cleared it!
Are you serious? This is a story I got to hear(read).
Brian

Unchained
10-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Was that the boat where the guy got pitched out at the start line at Red Bluff in 2003 and the boat did several laps around the start line without the driver?
He didn't have the kill switch hooked on his jacket.
I think he went on to win the class.

superdave013
10-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Nope,
I'll try and re-tell this the best I can. Maybe Greg can correct any errors.
So Acceptence shows up at NJBA tech with a hose clamp around his kill switch. They boo hooed that and took the clamp. So he don't want that cap falling off during his run so he puts a lil duct tape around it.
All is well at this point but opps, one thing he didn't think about. It seems his new scoop flexed down some when the air was hitting it at speed. That made his throttle stick WIDE OPEN. SO now the beach is comming up quick and at the last section he bailed. That's right, he stood up and jumped! Had to have been going close to 120 or so.
The boat keeps going on a clean set all the way to the beach.
Now they have a pretty good size grass area down there and a dirt parking lot. The boat goes across the grass, across the parking lot, UP a little hill and OVER a 6' chain link fence. Then it goes across the little road that goes to the camp ground and went up the next hill a bit. Then it caught on fire and burnt a big section.
So when they got the fire out and looked in the boat the first thing they saw was that tapped up kill switch. lol
I didn't know Greg at the time but I was standing right there watching it go down. I'm tellin ya, he was like a true punk rock star that day!!
Oh, he had the old "Dialed In 911" boat. That was a super nice boat before the fence hop!

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Damn,
Ordinarily I think I might be pissed at safety equipment jacked up like that. I guess noone got hurt, and just Acceptance paid the price.
A lifetime ban ey? That has got to hurt.
That must have been a sight to see.
Brian
Nope,
So Acceptence shows up at NJBA tech with a hose clamp around his kill switch. They boo hooed that and took the clamp. So he don't want that cap falling off during his run so he puts a lil duct tape around it.
All is well at this point but opps, one thing he didn't think about. It seems his new scoop flexed down some when the air was hitting it at speed. That made his throttle stick WIDE OPEN. SO now the beach is comming up quick and at the last section he bailed. That's right, he stood up and jumped! Had to have been going close to 120 or so.
Now they have a pretty good size grass area down there and a dirt parking lot. The boat goes across the grass, across the parking lot, UP a little hill and OVER a 6' chain link fence. Then it goes across the little road that goes to the camp ground and went up the next hill a bit. Then it caught on fire and burnt a big section.
So when they got the fire out and looked in the boat the first thing they saw was that tapped up kill switch. lol
I didn't know Greg at the time but I was standing right there watching it go down. I'm tellin ya, he was like a true punk rock star that day!!
Oh, he had the old "Dialed In 911" boat. That was a super nice boat before the fence hop!

PE 316
10-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Was that the boat where the guy got pitched out at the start line at Red Bluff in 2003 and the boat did several laps around the start line without the driver?
He didn't have the kill switch hooked on his jacket.
I think he went on to win the class.
No. The Red Bluff incident you are talking about involved Lynn Cortner driving his "Tar Baby II" Pro-Eliminator (8 sec) boat.
You are right, he did go on to win the class for that event (over our boat in the finals by the way)...

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey Acceptance what dia prop and pitch are you running on your deal? Just about every other time I side step the pedal I break one of the center plate turnbuckles. Also evertime I have did this I have always had both tanks pretty full of gas. I have also had it come back down on one side really hard & though I was going for a swim.
I enjoy nothing more then lettin her fly!!!
I now have two brand new unused MENKINS props for the deal when it's back together, I think???? 11 1/8 X 15 and 11 X 16.
I busted mounts, pads, bolts and turnbuckles every time I went out, when launching that thing you can expect damage. But danm it is alot of fun.
Props, been through 5 or so!!! problem is when you land and the prop is zinggin rpm and it hits the water, IT BENDS REAL BAD. Wala trashed prop!!!
Still the expense is well over shadowed by the fun factor :D
As for the boat, jumping it will destroy it in a short amount of time if your goin for "BIG AIR"

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
LOL :D you da man Tony!!!

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Nope,
You got it somewhat close, I got a cool video somewhere around here.
The whole incident could be summed up with:
WHAT A RIDE!!!

Cousin Bob
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Now that theres a thread about Greg, his head will get even bigger :D
Kinda glad I was busy that weekend, and didn't get to make the trip. It sucks seeing people crash, of course the phone call was'nt much better. Not only was he banned from NJBA, I think he was told not to attemp that racing stuff again. :jawdrop:
Oh yeah, were is that Sanger at again, and why :D :D

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I read through your whole post....
And yet you still do it.
Crazy
I didn't realize it was so bad for the boat.
Brian
I enjoy nothing more then lettin her fly!!!
I busted mounts, pads, bolts and turnbuckles every time I went out, when launching that thing you can expect damage. But danm it is alot of fun.
Props, been through 5 or so!!! problem is when you land and the prop is zinggin rpm and it hits the water, IT BENDS REAL BAD. Wala trashed prop!!!
Still the expense is well over shadowed by the fun factor :D
As for the boat, jumping it will destroy it in a short amount of time if your goin for "BIG AIR"

Kindsvater Flat
10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah, were is that Sanger at again, and why :D :D
Just look how tight they are hold on!!
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/449.jpg

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Disregard any kill switch info he may have for you.
Now I understand what you meant.
Brian

voodooCanoe
10-05-2005, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=superdave013]Nope,
NO SH*T, that was you! you are a star! I must have seen that video about 1000 time. Damn, you are lucky to be around. I would think jumpin' out of the water would be last on your list. :D

wsuwrhr
10-05-2005, 08:06 PM
NO SH*T, that was you! you are a star! I must have seen that video about 1000 time. Damn, you are lucky to be around. I would think jumpin' out of the water would be last on your list. :D
Haha.
Where on your list is jumping a fence with a dirtboat?
I have never been there, but how much time do you have to "look around" for the problem at the end of a run when you realize it ain't shutting off?
Brian

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Lucky indeed, that video still plays often.
I get calls all the time when people first see it.

ACCEPTENCE
10-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Haha.
Where on your list is jumping a fence with a dirtboat?
I have never been there, but how much time do you have to "look around" for the problem at the end of a run when you realize it ain't shutting off?
Brian
Brian,
That's funny "dirtboat", lol.
You should get out there sometime, Ming is kinda cool, up close and personal.
A good place to see races.
"Look Around"???
About three, maybe four seconds and it was decision time, live or die.
Fact is by the time I got done sliding, tumbling, bouncing and doing kartwheels
I was very close to shore and could have probably stood up and walked outta the lake had the bells in my melon not been ringin so damn loud.
As I have this thought, my next thought is:
WHAT A RIDE!!!

Sangerboy
10-06-2005, 07:43 AM
I would think jumpin' out of the water would be last on your list. :D
I think ridin that thing onto the shore at 120 would be last on my list :eek: :eek:

wsuwrhr
10-06-2005, 08:08 AM
I think ridin that thing onto the shore at 120 would be last on my list :eek: :eek:
I think riding onto shore under ANY power would be last on my list.
120? That had to be ugly.
Brian