PDA

View Full Version : Plowman Review

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 03:38 AM
Had a great time Saturday, Got to meet some nice people and had a fun time running against some of them .
Hope all were safe Sunday .
There were some serious hardware running this year.
Now I just need to get more power for my runner bottom , so I can keep up next time...

Badboat1
10-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Nice to see everyone again Hope every one made it home with no breakdowns

Devilman
10-04-2005, 05:31 AM
First time there, had a blast!! Nice putting some faces to the names & visiting with some good friends. Me & the wife already looking forward to next year! Once again, many thanks to Greaser, Black, & their ladies for cooking Saturday night. Awesome grub!! Best thing I think was bringing home a running boat! :D :D

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 05:42 AM
First time there, had a blast!! Nice putting some faces to the names & visiting with some good friends. Me & the wife already looking forward to next year! Once again, many thanks to Greaser, Black, & their ladies for cooking Saturday night. Awesome grub!! Best thing I think was bringing home a running boat! :D :D
Glad you had a good time. it is addicting ..
It was nice meeting you.

Devilman
10-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Glad you had a good time. it is addicting ..
It was nice meeting you.
Same here. Nice meetin you as well. I was already starting a list of things to get for the boat on the way home. Addicting is right! I need more vacation time!! :cool:

jdf
10-04-2005, 07:50 AM
i saw alot of you guy's on the water. and pulling thru the park...we have about everthing that happened on the water on tape and will put it all together...who is the older man that has boogity boogity i know he is from sheverport la .. man that boat is faster than fed ex ....
rrr what happened to you ride
river rat very nice ride
richard think i saw you criuse thru on the water ..

rrrr
10-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I got some trash in the fuel pump, cleaned it out on Sunday and it ran fine. We didn't launch again because of the wind. Uh, and I had a few beers... :D
That Stryker is effin incredible. Fastest "production" kinda boat I've ever seen. Didja notice he put a #6 drive on it this year? Wonder how much HP that thing puts out....
Sure had a good time, y'all. Thanks for cooking, Bert and posse. Great fajitas.
Next year we tie up the CoE rangers and make 'em walk the plank. Arrrrrrrgh!! :devil: :crossx: :crossx:

jdf
10-04-2005, 08:14 AM
yes it will move on did you watch all of them get it on late sat. me budddy that was in the 16 yellow custom kraft tried to hang with him ..casey did put the hurt on a few ...next year you need to come over to tyler

oldbuck40
10-04-2005, 08:35 AM
yes it will move on did you watch all of them get it on late sat. me budddy that was in the 16 yellow custom kraft tried to hang with him ..casey did put the hurt on a few ...next year you need to come over to tylerHey jdf were you parked down close to the ramp? i thought i saw the red and white boat parked up there when i went to pull rrrr out of the water. i was in on some of that running with the stryker,,he always want to cheat and get a real good rolling start before he says go! well next year it aint gonna happen that way,he can run like the rest of us or forget it! but it was all in fun though and we had a great time!!! :)

oldbuck40
10-04-2005, 08:44 AM
i see ya there omega! we missed you and shannon at the lodge,,maybe next year! jeff tells us that you are realy becoming a super star at work!!! hang in there bud it will only get better,and i think that is wonderful for you and shannon! :D :D :D

Greaser
10-04-2005, 08:47 AM
We had a great time. Many thanks to Gerry for coming thru for me. The engine you built is awsome!!!!!
Greaser<---------A very happy Performance Marine customer.

Devilman
10-04-2005, 08:56 AM
"Well, I'm going home!" :cry: :cry:

Greaser
10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
"Well, I'm going home!" :cry: :cry:
LOL Who would have said that??? :hammer2:

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 09:23 AM
i saw alot of you guy's on the water. and pulling thru the park...we have about everthing that happened on the water on tape and will put it all together...who is the older man that has boogity boogity i know he is from sheverport la .. man that boat is faster than fed ex ....
rrr what happened to you ride
river rat very nice ride
richard think i saw you criuse thru on the water ..
Thanks JDF ; Now if I can get some more power to go with the boat.
Did I meet you ? Where were you at ?

Devilman
10-04-2005, 09:36 AM
LOL Who would have said that??? :hammer2:
You never heard?:D You should ask Oldbuck, I'm sure he'd be more than pleased to fill you in.... :cool:

Greaser
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
You never heard?:D You should ask Oldbuck, I'm sure he'd be more than pleased to fill you in.... :cool:
Is it the same person who said they didnt feel up to any boat riding that day?lol

badbug
10-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey fellow boater friend, , i understand you think i might be trying to cheat on the start, but the truth is at last years race i broke my bravo one outdrive after thirty minutes of being on the water due to trying to come out of the hole. This year I was only trying to get some race time in by rolling start to save the outdrive. THERE ARE NO RED LIGHT BEAMS SO SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS APPEAR TO TAKE OFF FIRST. After all it is 3500 lbs and it could use a little spot, but i definitely was not trying to cheat at all. I dont want to win by cheating.. IT STILL HAS A BRAVO ONE DRIVE ON IT, NOT A #6. It does have a setback box though. If you noticed that sunday i ran everyone from dead stop idle. I didnt care if it broke on sunday as long as i did get some race time on saturday and that is what i did.Luckily after 10 or so runs out of the hole sunday, it stayed together. What boat were you in?/ SOMEONE HERE ASKS HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER IT HAS, well dynoed on 1 carb it made 730 hp and saturday I ran 150 horse nitrous with it. Sunday I ran 250 horse nitrous to run my buddies red and yellow eliminator. He has 1150 hp all day long. I HAD A BLAST ALL WEEKEND. THANKS GUYS FOR RACING ME

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey fellow boater friend, , i understand you think i might be trying to cheat on the start, but the truth is at last years race i broke my bravo one outdrive after thirty minutes of being on the water due to trying to come out of the hole. This year I was only trying to get some race time in by rolling start to save the outdrive. THERE ARE NO RED LIGHT BEAMS SO SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS APPEAR TO TAKE OFF FIRST. After all it is 3500 lbs and it could use a little spot, but i definitely was not trying to cheat at all. I dont want to win by cheating. If I wanted to really go quick, I would bring my blown alcohol edge stealth jet. I have 10 times more fun with the family boat . IT STILL HAS A BRAVO ONE DRIVE ON IT, NOT A #6. It does have a setback box though. If you noticed that sunday i ran everyone from dead stop idle. I didnt care if it broke on sunday as long as i did get some race time on saturday and that is what i did.Luckily after 10 or so runs out of the hole sunday, it stayed together. What boat were you in?/ SOMEONE HERE ASKS HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER IT HAS, well dynoed on 1 carb it made 725 hp and saturday I ran 150 horse nitrous with it. Sunday I ran 250 horse nitrous to run my buddies red and yellow eliminator. He has 1150 hp all day long. I HAD A BLAST ALL WEEKEND. THANKS GUYS FOR RACING ME
Your boat is awesome, How did you do against your buddy ?

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey jdf were you parked down close to the ramp? i thought i saw the red and white boat parked up there when i went to pull rrrr out of the water. i was in on some of that running with the stryker,,he always want to cheat and get a real good rolling start before he says go! well next year it aint gonna happen that way,he can run like the rest of us or forget it! but it was all in fun though and we had a great time!!! :)
yea that was us with all the pickle fork's up by the road ..pebble's had a small set backand she didn't want to hurt her baby ...maybe we well have all of them togther by summer ......it's going to be a long winter in the shop
3 tx -19 to work on and one vdrive with a blower

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks JDF ; Now if I can get some more power to go with the boat.
Did I meet you ? Where were you at ?
you drove right bye us on the way to the other end .we had all the pickle fork's and tx 19 our's is the red and white one

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey fellow boater friend, , i understand you think i might be trying to cheat on the start, but the truth is at last years race i broke my bravo one outdrive after thirty minutes of being on the water due to trying to come out of the hole. This year I was only trying to get some race time in by rolling start to save the outdrive. THERE ARE NO RED LIGHT BEAMS SO SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS APPEAR TO TAKE OFF FIRST. After all it is 3500 lbs and it could use a little spot, but i definitely was not trying to cheat at all. I dont want to win by cheating. If I wanted to really go quick, I would bring my blown alcohol edge stealth jet. I have 10 times more fun with the family boat . IT STILL HAS A BRAVO ONE DRIVE ON IT, NOT A #6. It does have a setback box though. If you noticed that sunday i ran everyone from dead stop idle. I didnt care if it broke on sunday as long as i did get some race time on saturday and that is what i did.Luckily after 10 or so runs out of the hole sunday, it stayed together. What boat were you in?/ SOMEONE HERE ASKS HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER IT HAS, well dynoed on 1 carb it made 725 hp and saturday I ran 150 horse nitrous with it. Sunday I ran 250 horse nitrous to run my buddies red and yellow eliminator. He has 1150 hp all day long. I HAD A BLAST ALL WEEKEND. THANKS GUYS FOR RACING MEyou guy's need to come to tyler or lake of the pines some times next summer and we will come over there

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
you drove right bye us on the way to the other end .we had all the pickle fork's and tx 19 our's is the red and white one
Ok . Now I remember. You have a very nice ride too.

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
thank you that one is hers..you ride looked like it was running clean maybe some more horse's ???

Devilman
10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Is it the same person who said they didnt feel up to any boat riding that day?lol
You got it! He was in a lot better mood that night though!! LMAO! Talked to him a little yesterday, they were on the way home, coming into Austin, so I didn't talk to him too much. We made it home in 4 1/2 hours ourselves, pretty good I thought! I definitely gotta get started on the winter motor, I would have liked to got in on some of that running out there!

oldbuck40
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey fellow boater friend, , i understand you think i might be trying to cheat on the start, but the truth is at last years race i broke my bravo one outdrive after thirty minutes of being on the water due to trying to come out of the hole. This year I was only trying to get some race time in by rolling start to save the outdrive. THERE ARE NO RED LIGHT BEAMS SO SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS APPEAR TO TAKE OFF FIRST. After all it is 3500 lbs and it could use a little spot, but i definitely was not trying to cheat at all. I dont want to win by cheating. If I wanted to really go quick, I would bring my blown alcohol edge stealth jet. I have 10 times more fun with the family boat . IT STILL HAS A BRAVO ONE DRIVE ON IT, NOT A #6. It does have a setback box though. If you noticed that sunday i ran everyone from dead stop idle. I didnt care if it broke on sunday as long as i did get some race time on saturday and that is what i did.Luckily after 10 or so runs out of the hole sunday, it stayed together. What boat were you in?/ SOMEONE HERE ASKS HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER IT HAS, well dynoed on 1 carb it made 725 hp and saturday I ran 150 horse nitrous with it. Sunday I ran 250 horse nitrous to run my buddies red and yellow eliminator. He has 1150 hp all day long. I HAD A BLAST ALL WEEKEND. THANKS GUYS FOR RACING ME
hey bad bug just screwin with ya,,i was there last year and we were standing on the bank right were you blew the lower unit,so yea i know knew what your were trying to do,,them damn unit's cost some$$$$,,i was in the black and yellow Taylor with the blower!

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
thank you that one is hers..you ride looked like it was running clean maybe some more horse's ???
The boat is new to me, my motor is 8 year old, maybe 500 HP , need more HP. Gotta get boat paid for first. It handled great..

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:15 AM
did it come from out west maybe??

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 10:16 AM
did it come from out west maybe??
Not for sure,

badbug
10-04-2005, 10:17 AM
you guy's need to come to tyler or lake of the pines some times next summer and we will come over there The river is a great place to hang out, bbq, and race. red river shreveport,ls.. We might be on the river in a couple of weeks.

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:19 AM
i think i saw one like it awhile back for sale was just thinking out loud some where on here is a pic of my flattie it's a dimarco runner

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2005, 10:19 AM
The river is a great place to hang out, bbq, and race. red river shreveport,ls.. We might be on the river in a couple of weeks.
You guys both have very cool rides. Maybe one of these days , I can step up to play with you guys.

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
The river is a great place to hang out, bbq, and race. red river shreveport,ls.. We might be on the river in a couple of weeks.let me know and we will see what is up that weekend

jdf
10-04-2005, 10:24 AM
our bunch is already making plans for next year for some fun..

badbug
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
I will be selling the motor out of the stryker to help build another style of motor. Its a 11.5-1 496 bbc with cnc pro one 335 heads with the best manley valves,, shaw and franklin holley 1000 hp carburetor, hvm super sucker nos plate , .680 roller, 454 r intake. It was dynoed at smith bros July 6th at 730 hp without nitrous. 4340 crank, severe duty i beam rods, internal balance, dan olsen full box pan, Ran 115 mph at 3600 lbs sunday evening in v-hull on single pass. About 8-10 hours on motor, and NO, not racing hours. Block is also grouted. asking $7500 obo for it.

Devilman
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Sure had a good time, y'all. Thanks for cooking, Bert and posse. Great fajitas.
Next year we tie up the CoE rangers and make 'em walk the plank. Arrrrrrrgh!! :devil: :crossx: :crossx:
Hey man, it was damn nice to meet you! Saw you run for a bit Saturday, your boat was damn impressive!! Glad to hear your setback was minor. Me & Carole had a blast bullshitting with you & Fonda! Hope to party with you guys again! :cool:

charlie f
10-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Hope all made it home safe and sound. We all had a great time this year, and look forward to next year.
Thank you all for the hospitality.
It was a pleasure meeting more of the HOT BOAT group.
Who knows what kind of motor I will come up with by next year, this kinda gets in your blood.

sdba069
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Word got back to me Sunday afternoon that the park rangers told some people that this was the last year that we could do this unless I got with them and did some kind of special events permit. I swore I wouldn't get back involved, but it's too good a deal to let it go. So, rest assured, I will get to work on it, starting today.

sdba069
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey BadBug............. Sorry that I missed you guys down here this weekend, but I ended up working all weekend. Just wondering if Jerry Davis made it over with you. Haven't talked to him in a while. Heard your old boat was running pretty good. Thought you might bring the jet this year.

Cheyenne372
10-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Word got back to me Sunday afternoon that the park rangers told some people that this was the last year that we could do this unless I got with them and did some kind of special events permit. I swore I wouldn't get back involved, but it's too good a deal to let it go. So, rest assured, I will get to work on it, starting today.
................ :idea: ........... :cool:

Greaser
10-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey garry, you are right, its really a great event. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

rrrr
10-05-2005, 10:46 AM
WE did dyno my blown injected 496 at smith bros this summer and it made 1255hp at 13 lbs of boost. It should run prety good in the jet.
Pretty good? LOL :D
Your Stryker is sumthin' else. Man that thing is fast.

sdba069
10-05-2005, 12:16 PM
rrr........... Good to see you guys, too.

sdba069
10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Gary(1R)....... What do you think SCSDBC...... South Central States Drag Boat Club?

Shark In The Pond
10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey Gary(1R)....... What do you think SCSDBC...... South Central States Drag Boat Club?
Hmmmmmmmmmm ?

borderlinecrazy
10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Badbug,....I brought my Warhawk (white with red) up this year cause last year I felt crazy standing on the bank all day.
Your boat was incredibly fast and I thought the boat of the event (for me).
How did the run against the eliminator turn out? Several of us felt that was the race we wanted to see, but on saturday you just sat and talked for 20 minutes while we all waited. I turned blue holding my breath. :frown:
I really enjoy this event because of all the different kinds of boats and I was
very carefull to not be on the water when you were..... :cool:
Came up from Del Rio, Texas and hope to return next year.

rrrr
10-06-2005, 03:45 PM
That's a long drive. Next year come over and talk, we hang out with the rest of the big BSers around space 32......
:D
Hey Garry, I'm glad we came by Sunday and got to see you and Tammy Sue.

Brazos River Rat
10-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Hey Badbug,....I brought my Warhawk (white with red) up this year cause last year I felt crazy standing on the bank all day.
Your boat was incredibly fast and I thought the boat of the event (for me).
How did the run against the eliminator turn out? Several of us felt that was the race we wanted to see, but on saturday you just sat and talked for 20 minutes while we all waited. I turned blue holding my breath. :frown:
I really enjoy this event because of all the different kinds of boats and I was
very carefull to not be on the water when you were..... :cool:
In post 29 he stated this >>
we are tied with 1 win each. stryker vs eliminator .
I was also hoping to see them run..

badbug
10-07-2005, 09:52 AM
In post 29 he stated this >>
we are tied with 1 win each. stryker vs eliminator .
I was also hoping to see them run..
The eliminator and the stryker ran twice sunday afternoon after all the waves settled down. The stryker upped the nitrous and won the first race and lost the second race. I guess we waited till sunday cause neither one of us wanted to get blasted by the other one and we really didnt know who was faster. We ran out of the hole both times. Im sorry we didnt run saturday so more could see it. We figured everyone would be there sunday for sure. Will be back next year for sure. Come and egg us on.

Taylorman
10-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Wheres the pictures?

jdf
10-08-2005, 09:57 AM
what pic. working on it