PDA

View Full Version : 21 ft ADVANTAGE v-drive???

Dentz72
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Anyone ever see a ADVANTAGE 21ft v-bottom v-drive???
Saw one for sale wondered if anyone knows how they rode or what it would be worth...? I talked to the guy...he said i was he bought it from the guy who had it built.....He owned wallgreens...? It was brand new in 87 If I remember...correctally!! Rigged as a v-dive...I guess they didn't make many as v-drives!! I has been for sale for years....I saw it three years ago and just stopped today!!ITS sweet!! All anodized, crome, factory hardware...Nice!
502 banks deal! 6lbs of boost!! C-500, MSD..ALL NICE HARDWARE!!Full interior...seats next to the motor, engine hatch built around the intercooler and electric cav deal! a NICE PEICE!! wONDERED If anyone has owned one...Are they a good solid peice!!

old rigger
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Yes, we built 4 of them between '87-'89. One ski race boat and three for regular type customers. All with the 20.5 Classic molds. Don't remember one with a Banks set-up on it though.

MKEELINE
10-04-2005, 09:57 AM
I remember seeing a blue and white one in Hot Boat along time ago(maybe 5-6 years). It had a blower motor, i believe they said Jim Wilkes did the motor.

Dentz72
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
This boat was maroon or burgundy and siver and a few other colors...is had a
ss prop three blade anodized...red tube for the driveshaft...all hardware was anodized...crome...polished...beautiful boat!! The guy said the person who origonally bout the boat had it built for his wife...I think they lived in AZ!!
How did they handle the water...I like to drive my boats in the rought water out on lk st clair....I bet this thing had less than 100 hrs on it since it was built...1 nick in the whole boat!! Interior and guages were silver...silver or grey carpet!!Nice peice!! Does andyone know what the price of this boat would be back in the day...without motor...rigged minus motor....The only thing wrong was...it had been sitting...for years...needs some tlc!!