PDA

View Full Version : Lightning exhaust

throwerb
10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I found a hole in one of mine today, anyone have a set for sale or know the cheapest place to buy some?

FASTRAT
10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I found a hole in one of mine today, anyone have a set for sale or know the cheapest place to buy some?
there not cheap no matter where u buy them...
save the $$ & take it to ur local welding shop & have them "tig" weld the hole
fastrat

mrgoslow
10-05-2005, 05:00 AM
throwerb, where is the hole? ive had a set for three years and have been wondering about longevity. i did however, install ball valves on each rail and on my block. they all get drained when i pull the plug and stay open until next use.

LGCDEVIL
10-05-2005, 05:15 AM
I would have the headers media blasted. You'll find more holes in them after blasting. Weld up the holes and have 'em powder coated (re-install and run them before you powder coat to make sure you didn't miss any holes). Probably less than $500. Maybe get another couple of years out of them. The inside tubes are stainless and will last a long time.

TJS
10-05-2005, 06:00 AM
I TIG welded a hole for my old Landlord who I rented my shop from. IMHO they are too thin. They were only a few seasons old. They were in salt water though. I would have them TiGed up like others are saying and then have them coated.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

throwerb
10-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Hole is about 2 inches inside the #3 cylinder. They are only three years old no salt water ever. :cry: