PDA

View Full Version : Machining Shaft for Inducer--Need Instructions

DeputyDawg
10-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Does anybody have instructions on how to go about machining the pump shaft to accept the inducer??

FASTRAT
10-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Does anybody have instructions on how to go about machining the pump shaft to accept the inducer??
talk to Duane at HTP
fastrat

Jet Hydro
10-04-2005, 06:06 PM
talk to Duane at HTP
fastrat
Hey I was gonna say that...lol :hammerhea

steelcomp
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
You'll need a lathe and a mill. You'll have to step down the dia, plus cut in a keyway. Location of the inducer is important, then a spacer and/or or shims between the inducer and the impeller. Not sure on the location of the inducer in relationship to the impeller. Location of the impeller should already be set. Once you know the distance between the two, you know where to stop the step for the inducer. Inducer and impeller aren't the same bore size...inducer is slightly larger. I have my shaft turned so the impeller will slide off and on with a good tug..probablu about .002 -.003 clearance, which is what I'll do for the inducer as well. Cutting the keyway will be the trickiest part, It's a simple process with an endmill, but not if you've never done it before.
Good luck. :D

Duane HTP
10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Send me your email address and I'll send you a schematic of the shaft cutting.

Cs19
10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
You could get the blueprint from DPS, probably much easier than trying to get the dimensions over the phone.
Im gonna try one next race,can't wait.

Duane HTP
10-04-2005, 07:08 PM
CS19, check your PM.

DeputyDawg
10-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks Duane. If I don't get my info from Don I will take you up on that offer. He is in the hospital again right now so his son is trying to run things.