PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Biesemeyer jet

MISSING
10-05-2005, 11:27 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4579253161&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
I bought this boat off Ebay and have was wondering a few things. Looking for parts for the pump, a Berkley 12-JB, I am having trouble finding the JB listed. Are another models rebuild kit, etc. compatible with this pump? Not sure what impeller it has, but at what point does a stainless/bronze impeller make a difference? I'll be putting in a 400hp 454 with the hopes of putting a supercharger on it in the near future, or maybe nitrous. Whats the fastest anyone has heard this hull going? Any small mods to increase top end? Thanks for your time.

BigBlockBaja
10-05-2005, 11:36 AM
MISSING..
I am almost positive the pump is the same as a G pump with some minor casting differences.
If you got the funds... Go stainless with whatever cut the guro's here recomend.
Just my .02

olbiezer
10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
its a really nice hull but be prepared to shell out some cash if u dont do everything yourself.......strip it down and see what ya got...mine had some nice bulsa floor in it under 25 yr old rugs full of dirt and a 6 pack of empties in the gunnels when i got it...see what ya got there......... see what ya can do, u have alot of work ahead of ya that s for sure.......

MISSING
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for your input. Is 80's mph a realistic goal for this boat? If I clean it up and blueprint the bottom, what kind of horsepower will I need?

Squirtcha?
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
80 mph is not unrealistic. It'll probably take around 600-650 hp (possibly more) and lots of setup/ride tuning to get there.
My hull is a generic semi-v I'm running 80-85 mph (depending on conditions/weather). I've got 500 hp in the motor and a 150 shot of nitrous. I blueprinted the bottom myself, the pump's been setback, shoe/rideplate, snoot, and lots of tuning work. Can't say for certain, but I think mine would have less bottom surface in the water than yours (guessing here).
I had visions of 90 dancin in my head, then came to the harsh realization........jets like/need lots of power, if ya wanna go fast.
Most of these guys that are running 90+ mph live in the 700-750 hp
neighborhood.
Here's a link to my website showing some of the stuff I've done to mine. I'll warn ya in advance.............I'm not a webpage designer guy.
My pages (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/jetboats.html)
It aint all about horsepower, but it plays the biggest part. You can make a brick go fast if ya put enough ponies to it.
disclaimer: These are just my personal opinions based on my own experiences over the past 10 or so years.
mine had some nice bulsa floor in it under 25 yr old rugs full of dirt and a 6 pack of empties in the gunnels when i got it....
Can't believe those bastards didn't leave at least one full one for ya olbiez.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Nice boat. Looks like great project potential. Best of good luck. :mix:
A 400HP 454 isn't hard to come by, with headers (thru-hull Lightnings), mine should be there in spring. I'm having my heads ported next winter ('049 open chambered large oval port irons). My head grinder says they really respond to even a stage 1 porting, 70 to 80 HP For under a grand, I'm there. :cool:
According to dad, his/my Taylor SS has seen 72 with the orriginal Indmar 454 on a 75HP Nitrous run. She won't do that right now (about 62 w/o nitrous tho), but her hull is pretty skinned up. I'm working that this winter. Gonna learn to spray Gellcoat. hahahaha. :D You should have an easier time than me with what looks a good bit lighter and is a tunnel
I am trying to push her to 80+ which, I figure will take about 600 HP in my fairly heavy shallow-V hull. Spring will also show up with a NOS Sniper system replacing the Marvin Miller for an adjustable 100 to 150HP boost. I'm keeping the covered engine keeping her real skills a secret (a "sleeper" untill awakened) so no blower in my future. That power level tho means a Bronze Agressor B impeller somewhere over the winter, as I find $$$$$. :D

NELSON#109
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
that looks like it was a nice boat at one time, and could be a real sweet one again... take your time with it, it is a sweet hull and it will be worth doing things right. i belive the hull is considered a mod v... its not a tunnel, but close.... either way those are bitchin boats, youve got a great project... good luck, and talk to the right people before tearing into it... it would be a shame to go half ass on the restoration. nelson#109

olbiezer
10-05-2005, 04:21 PM
hey missing......squirtcha has been doing this stuff along time and can help u with any advise id say.......mine turned out to look good and run fair at 70 after way too much money.....(i didnt do much of the work myself lol)......i got 70 with a unmodified old jg pump so see what ya can do keep us advised with pics we love pics lol

MISSING
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks alot everyone for your responses, I appreciate it. Keep'em coming if you have any input as I'll take everything into consideration. I took a look at Squirtcha? website, looks really good, hopefully I can get my boat to a similar level. Sorry for all the questions but can anyone tell me how a ride plate, loader intake grate, bowl stuffer, wedge help top end? Any drawbacks to any of these? Any other parts I should be looking into? Thanks again

Jim Brock
10-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I 'v seen that style hull run 125+ mph in blown gas jet in 1980,650 hp should run at least 80mph, 12jb pump is almost the same as a 12jg, parts will interchange