PDA

View Full Version : Scout kid comes through.

Man-de-lone
10-05-2005, 09:12 PM
One of the kids in my son's Boy Scout troop saved another kid at his school from choking last week.
The little dipshit was running around chewing on a carrot and a piece got lodged in his throat. No one knew what to do, so his friends stood and watched as he turned blue and dropped to his knees....finally they panicked and ran in all directions looking for a teacher. Little Kevin, the smallest scout in the troop walks over and calmly give the kid a Heimlich squeeze and shoots the carrot piece out. Carrot boy is wheezing and gasping for air, but is very much alive thanks to Kevin.
Our smallest scout is only 11 years old, not even 4 feet high. A little medical training goes a long way....he's a nice kid too. They gave him a standing ovation and a cool award at the quarterly meeting earlier tonight. :cool: Way to Kev!

10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Great job Kevin!
As an Eagle Scout and current scout leader, I can attest that the stuff you learn in scouts comes in handy for life!

JetBoatRich
10-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Nice Job Kevin :supp:
Good for him staying calm and doing what is right ;)

LHC30Victory
10-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Kudos to the Scout and his Troop! Well Done :D
Don't forget to put him in for the BSA Lifesaving award. Many scouters don't know about these type of awards, but they are issued from National HQ and are really nice. Present it at a Court of Honor!

bchbum
10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
All of us had to go to cpr training after , our boss was out dinner with his family & the guy at the next table started choking & died because no-one knew what to do . My boss said , he would make sure none of us would never feel as helpless as he did that nite .

Water Romper
10-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I see a future paramedic hereĀ… :D

OutCole'd
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Very cool, Kid should be very proud of himself.

Debbolas
10-07-2005, 07:27 PM
As a Boy Scout Widow...........I love to read stories like this :D
Congrats!!! :D

Mrs_Wally_Gator
10-08-2005, 09:01 AM
WOW!!!! Way to go Scout!!! My boys are in Cub Scouts, one is a Bear and one is Weblos 1. It always makes me proud when hear fellow scouters doing good!!! WTG Kevin

Sherpa
10-13-2005, 08:17 AM
awesome!
--Sherpa

phebus
10-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Richard, you should contact your local fire dept., and let them know of the scout's actions. I know up here where I work, they give awards for public life safety acts, and I'm sure it would mean a lot to the kid to be recognized for his actions. It may have been a life changing event for both parties.

Man-de-lone
10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Rick, nice idea. But we don't want it to go to his head..... :D