PDA

View Full Version : Nozzle Question

Devilman
10-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Last weekend I noticed what looked like a straw sticking up out of this area here, so I pulled it out. Is there some sort of seal or O-ring that goes there or was it a piece of trash the pump picked up?(Whatever it was, it was damaged) The Berkeley site wasn't much help... It's a 12JC pump with a Place diverter BTW. Thanks!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812nozzle1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2812nozzle2.jpg

ARS Marine inc.east
10-06-2005, 04:59 AM
What you pulled out was the Teflon O'Ring that seals those two joints, From leaking water.
Over time they will either push out Due two the extreme water pressure
or get all chewed up from sand.
Just take it apart and put a new teflon o'ring on.

LGCDEVIL
10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
It's a seal. Keeps the nozzle from working metal to metal. You need it. I have seen both a clear plastic tube like yours and also white plastic one piece deals. Sounds like you had the clear plastic tube.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Thanks guys! Last weekend when we were running, I noticed some extra spray around the area. I thought maybe the reverse bucket was dragging a little. The thing I pulled out was clear, hence the straw idea. Looks like I'll be orderin an O-ring. Does it just sit in there? (Hint:easy fix?):D Thanks again!

LGCDEVIL
10-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Easy as it gets.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Easy as it gets.
Heard that! Thanks! :cool:

gqchris
10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey Devilman,
When I ordered my rebuild Kit the one that came with mine was too big and the wrong size. I picked one up in person at Place Diverter out in La Habra, CA. They were very cool about it seeming I needed to get the pump back together for the next days river trip. Just an idea if you are looking at where to find it:) :smile:

BigBlockBaja
10-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Something that should be noted.... Is the Berk O ring different from the Place Diverter? Mine is new and never had to replace it yet.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 10:21 AM
That's one thing I was wondering too. I've got the phone number off Place Diverter's website. Also have a number to a place in Houston that deals with Berkeley stuff. I was gonna call Place first & see if that is where it should come from. Seems to me it would be a Place item....

sdpm
10-06-2005, 10:38 AM
That would be the 2 piece o-ring not the 1 piece nozzle o-ring. Two different parts.

sdba069
10-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey Kevin. Remember me??????????

DeputyDawg
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Come on Gary, you know a nozzle O-ring job is too big a deal for you, stick to the easy stuff man!! j/k
Hey Devilman, try this place www.performancemarine.cc
or this place, www.performancemarine.cc
If all that fails call Gary Snow.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Come on Gary, you know a nozzle O-ring job is too big a deal for you, stick to the easy stuff man!! j/k
Hey Devilman, try this place www.performancemarine.cc
or this place, www.performancemarine.cc
If all that fails call Gary Snow.
I talked to a guy at Place this afternoon. He called that thing a double seal ring(?) double something..... I wrote it down cause I knew I'd drink some beer & forget!LOL! About 15 bucks from them. He also said to check & see if it had been ground down in that area. Seems some people will do that to get a taller roostertail, but make it more likely to blow the seal like that. I don't think this one has been ground on, but I've been wrong before. Can anybody tell from those pics I posted or is that just normal to be scratched up right there at the pivot point?

Devilman
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey Kevin. Remember me??????????
Hey man, if you can hook me up with that seal thing, I'll be glad to make the purchase. It's the clear one by the way. Apparently, it's been going south for a while. Not too long after I bought the boat, I noticed what looked like a straw poking out towards the nozzle. I showed it to Esabataj at Jetfest & he didn't know what it was. He said, "get it out of there!" Then, at Plowmans, on Sunday morning I'm going over the boat & I see the piece sticking up out of that joint I pointed out. Oldbuck seen it & didn't know either,said the same thing, "Get it outta there" & after that, he says, "man, got quite a bit of slack right there! LMAO! Anyways, if you got that seal, lemme know. I'm gonna need it cause now I'm suffering from what Taylorman calls, "The Dirty Rooster".
And it's Kenny, BTW. :cool:

Taylorman
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Some time back, someone was talking about a screwed up rooster tail on the boards. Someone chimed in and said their did that, they changed the seal and it fixed it.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Some time back, someone was talking about a screwed up rooster tail on the boards. Someone chimed in and said their did that, they changed the seal and it fixed it.
I want my rooster tail to be clean & pretty like yours Taylorman!:D Hows things in yer neck o' the woods? Find a boat for your dad yet?

Greaser
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
D-man what you doin on the computer after 5 :squiggle:

sdba069
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
From the pic, it looks to have been ground on before, but can't tell for sure. I've only seen a couple of those blow out before. I've had guys powdercoat the diverters and leave that ring in there, and the heat would get it. I'll check on the shelf tomorrow and see what I have. Thanks DD. By the way, I should know something tomorrow on our little project. I got the go ahead from the other interested party today.

Devilman
10-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Me?!? Talk about the pot callin the kettle black!! WTF, dude! I get on every now & then in the evenings when I got time. I had to check on my nozzle deal. Can't be gettin dosrespected at the river with a dirty rooster!!:D

Greaser
10-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Now you know you cant be taking any "dirty tail" with you to the lake.LOL

Greaser
10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks DD. By the way, I should know something tomorrow on our little project. I got the go ahead from the other interested party today.
Damn.......it must be TOP SECRET LOL

Devilman
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Now you know you cant be taking any "dirty tail" with you to the lake.LOL
Got that right! Mrs. Devilman would be kickin my ass! Hey Greaser, my suppers done. I'll get with ya tomorrow!
Garry, I'll call ya tomorrow sometime. Thanks for looking out for me!

Greaser
10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Got that right! Mrs. Devilman would be kickin my ass! Hey Greaser, my suppers done. I'll get with ya tomorrow!
Garry, I'll call ya tomorrow sometime. Thanks for looking out for me!
Take it easy buddy

DeputyDawg
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Good deal Gary, that makes me very much happy!!! I'm getting antsy over here. I bought a new injector set up today for the motor, and some pistons, rods, rings, heads, valves, crank and lots of other goodies. My wife is gonna sh*t when she sees the credit card statement. I am saving all my cash for you Gary!

sdba069
10-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Man. I'm like a bank teller..... It comes in, it goes out, I just watch it and see it goes where it's supposed to. Did you make it down here this weekend? The last I heard, you had cancelled the trip to Ennis for the bracket finals and were headed to Lake Whitney. I'm supposed to spend the day over at Ennis Friday. I need to deliver a blower setup to a Fuel Funny Car guy, Terry Haddock, so he can deliver it back to his buddy in Washington state. He's supposed to get me a vehicle and pit pass so I don't have to ferry the thing in. I'll be in touch.

DeputyDawg
10-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I did cancel my trip to the bracket races but we did not make it to the Lake either. When I called I told your wife that we were going to try to make it down one day but instead we wound up driving all over the damn state trying to find somebody to work on our fifth wheel. I have been needing to get some work done on my 27' Tahoe Toy hualer 5th wheel for a while now because I just don't have time to do it myself but I have gotten so frustrated trying to find someone who knows what they are doing that I have just decided to sell and by something bigger anyway. Sorry we couldn't make it down, I really wanted to but I have got to keep the wife happy with this RV deal so we opted to work on that instead, but like I said I have just decided to buy a bigger one and be done with it. The only problem is that I still need to have a few things done to the one I have now before I sell it. Oh well, it looks like I am going to have to do the work myself after all. I certainly have more important things to be doing like building deer blinds, setting up feeders, ordering drag boats, building a dolly trailer etc. etc.