PDA

View Full Version : Anyone launch at Take-off point latley?

2Driver
10-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Wondering what that was like with Havasu down a bit.
That can be a dicey ramp.

Outnumbered
10-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Wondering what that was like with Havasu down a bit.
That can be a dicey ramp.
Where is that?

riverroyal
10-06-2005, 08:02 AM
any boat over 28 feet,no way

2Driver
10-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Where is that?
A nasty ramp on the very south end of the lake. I sucked rocks one year at low water just getting my Carrera off the trailer... and the fenders of the trailer we submerged :mad:
BTW: I turned down 2 full price offers on the Chaparral yesterday. Can you believe it? I think I might just put it in the garage until my back settles down. Friggin' boats make you Schizophrenic..no they don't..yes they do.. :D

riverroyal
10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
those boats resale fast,i had one

Not So Fast
10-06-2005, 08:14 AM
I know that when they improved it last winter that the work was done with the water at about 445' or maybe a little lower so the ramp should be pretty long. It is a challenging ramp for anyone not good at backing up especially in a 28 footer and I would assume at least positraction or 4 whl dr because it is steep. I would not try it with my boat or truck (Tundra) as I'm sure it would not be up to the task. Hope this helps NSF

riverroyal
10-06-2005, 08:20 AM
april,the water was so low at black meadow we couldnt launch,i drove up,looked out the window and left,drove to the springs,paid 10$ and used the ramp there

2Driver
10-06-2005, 08:25 AM
april,the water was so low at black meadow we couldnt launch,i drove up,looked out the window and left,drove to the springs,paid 10$ and used the ramp there
The Springs...Yeah that might be the ticket. My back surely can't handle a bad ramp episode. Actually we should just go watch the race on Saturday and leave the boat home. :(

Outnumbered
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Go to Cattail Cove. We just went there last weekend and it was fine. Nice quiet family oriented and close to Phoenix.

Not So Fast
10-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Go to Cattail Cove. We just went there last weekend and it was fine. Nice quiet family oriented and close to Phoenix.
SSSHHHHHHH! Geez!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

djunkie
10-08-2005, 09:02 AM
That place sucks. Stay away from there. :D

2Driver
10-08-2005, 09:05 AM
SSSHHHHHHH! Geez!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
Hey, it looks from the weather report here in Phoenix that the river is going to howl all weekend with that low bearing down, what are they saying at the river? Wind I bet?

Outnumbered
10-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey, it looks from the weather report here in Phoenix that the river is going to howl all weekend with that low bearing down, what are they saying at the river? Wind I bet?
Its supposed to be cool this weekend. No boating for me, I'm taking out the KTM. Whooo Hooo, can't wait :lightsabe