PDA

View Full Version : ski tow

keithmenard
10-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Has any one used one of those ski tows that bolts to the intake manifold?
Any luck with them? Who sells them?
I am thinking about going to one, but I am not sure if I will have the right clearance for the pipes going to my intercooler.

FASTRAT
10-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Has any one used one of those ski tows that bolts to the intake manifold?
Any luck with them? Who sells them?
I am thinking about going to one, but I am not sure if I will have the right clearance for the pipes going to my intercooler.
i personally dont like them...they are ugly looking...i use a set-up which consists of a 3/16" cable hooked to the tie down hooks/loops on the bk of the transom...it runs thru a float (made by Berkeley) with rollers on 1 end...so it can move side to side...keeps the ski rope from being sucked into the jet...works great...i pull skiers, tubers etc with n/p...never sucked a rope...just my .02 cents
fastrat

BigBlockBaja
10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
I use a ski tow like your asking about. The transom on my jet is only about 1/4 inch thick. If I drilled it and attached rings to it, Im sure i would rip holes in my transom. I have had very good luck with mine. I bought it off another ***boat memebr. If you think about it, The whole boat is built around the stringers. Why not attach to the strongest part?