PDA

View Full Version : Leinart upset with "cheap shot"

Not So Fast
10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Listening to Rome today the story was Matt Leinart was a little pissed about the cheap and LATE hit he took from the ASU DB. He suffered a mild concussion from the hit so maybe thats why he was off a little. I thought it was way late and helmet to helmet, he was lucky he wasn't hurt worse than he was. He didn't cry about it, just stated the fact. Cant wait for the Cal and UCLA games. History in the making, gotta love a winner!!! :wink: NSF

Not So Fast
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I forgot " GO BOLTZ" Monday nite is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

JetBoatRich
He was rocked a little :hammerhea they said if it happened in the NFL a fine would be handed out. :220v:

JetBoatRich
I forgot " GO BOLTZ" Monday nite is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
Who are you taking on that game :eek:

BUSTI
10-07-2005, 09:02 AM
At the Monday am breakfast with Coach Carroll he disclosed that he had received a call from the NCAA chief ref advising Carroll of his cocern with the refs calls last saturday. First the hit to Matt should have resulted in the immeadiate ejection of the asu player as it was so obviouly intentional leading with the top of his helmut and the fact the hit was for no other purpose other than to cause injury.
2ndly after review the asu player was not forced out of bounds and as such should not have been an eligible receiver. Amd lastly the tape did not show conclusive evidence enough to reverse the call on the field and Bush should have kept his reception on the asu 11 yard line.
This all doesn't matter as USC won bur at least the MCAA knows when the officiating is bad.
It is good to be a Trojan.
Fight On!

Not So Fast
10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Who are you taking on that game :eek:
Well, after the first two games I would have said we didnt have a chance, but the play calling also SUCKEDASS (Cameron seems to get it now) BIG TIME. After the last two games I would say we can play with any team in this league and have a good shot of winning especially since there are no super teams right now, hell, Tampa Bay is what 4&0 and last year they were bad, the old saying "On any Sunday" rings very true right now. The Chargers just have to win the games they should win and play well against the tougher opponents and we will be there come play off time. Further I like what Merriman looks like he is bringing to the team, a vicious pass rush, he has a lot to learn but his temperment looks like what this team misses from the absense of JR.SEAU !! Teamed up with Donny Edwards will make a pretty good pass rush! Maybe the DB's will get the message but I doubt it, for sure the weakest part of our game. Anyway, I'll take the BOLTZ on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CHARGERS Peace NSF

BROADMINDED
10-07-2005, 10:20 AM
not only did he get his bell rung on that hit but at half time he took 7 stitches to the chin from it also.

Roxysnow
10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
It's actually good that Leinhart takes a couple good hits. It's going to toughen him up a little. He's not getting touched at all with that offesive line! Don't get me wrong, it was a wicked cheap shot but whats going to happen when he goes into the NFL and get cracked there by a regular sack?

Not So Fast
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
It's actually good that Leinhart takes a couple good hits. It's going to toughen him up a little. He's not getting touched at all with that offesive line! Don't get me wrong, it was a wicked cheap shot but whats going to happen when he goes into the NFL and get cracked there by a regular sack?
Good Point RS, it's a big change acoming thats for sure, bigger and faster guys but still it was a CHEAP SHOT with intent to harm period!! NSF