PDA

View Full Version : Ink on the upholstery

GBLASER
10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
This might save my kids lives if someone knows how to remove ink from the boat seats. For my kids sake please help

sxpilot
10-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I have seen baby wipes take off some pretty bad stuff..no joke
as far as chems
goof off works well on fabric and doesnt lift the color either...
how bad is it?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I have heard rubbing alcohol. I would test it first, though.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Hair Spray......
It will even remove permanant marker,,,,,
I.E...."Sharpie"....
CJG

HOOTER SLED-
10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Maybe goof off????? Acetone???? Magic eraser???? Good luck???

SOCALDETAIL1
10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
GOOF OFF will do the job, Mark

wsuwrhr
10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I washed an ink pen in my shorts and it blew up in the dryer. Wife wasn't too happy about that.
I kept my mouth shut while she bitched at me, although you KNOW what I wanted to say.
Anyway, I know its powdercoated, but I used carb cleaner on a rag. Nothing else worked for me. Came right off.
Maybe try a little and see.
Brian

Outnumbered
10-06-2005, 11:17 PM
DON'T USE GOOF OFF!!!
I was told about this too and tried some on a hidden place in the boat vinyl. IT TAKES THE COLOR OUT OF THE VINYL. Its too harsh.
Get a plastic bristle scrub brush and some carpet stain remover or carpet/upholstery cleaner. Scrub in circles. This will get rid of most of the ink. Then set the cushions in the sun for a few days. The sun will bleach the spots out. This works on ink, bathing suit color bleed, and plastic grocery bag ink.
Good luck.

Chase
10-07-2005, 05:58 AM
I have found that nailpolish remover works well...for ink and nail polish (believe it or not)...it seems the girls always leave marks on my white vinyl from thier painted toes. Note that I have used this stuff on white vinyl and not coloured areas, so be careful.

OGShocker
10-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes out just about anything.
Hide the kids. SWB and I agree! :crossx:

NOTALENT
10-07-2005, 06:41 AM
yup yup...I concurr...definatley works wonders..

Infomaniac
10-07-2005, 06:47 AM
That worked for me from ink pen on white boat interior

Man-de-lone
10-07-2005, 07:19 AM
I washed an ink pen in my shorts and it blew up in the dryer. Wife wasn't too happy about that.
I kept my mouth shut while she bitched at me, although you KNOW what I wanted to say.
Anyway, I know its powdercoated, but I used carb cleaner on a rag. Nothing else worked for me. Came right off.
Maybe try a little and see.
Brian
I am guessing you wanted to say: "Check the damn pockets before you wash it then, Biatch!!!!, even Debbolas knows that" :hammer2: :D

Redneck
10-07-2005, 07:21 AM
yep best things in the world they work on everything they even took my boot marks off my plastics on my quads.

GBLASER
10-08-2005, 03:07 PM
thanks for the info. I will try the Magic Eraser. So funny to read about everyones upholstery nightmares. My girls toes also left marks, their new bathing suits, new towels etc. Thanks again you might have saved a life.

MsDrmr
10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
yup yup...I concurr...definatley works wonders..
thats three for the Magic eraser

HotDogz
10-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I 2nd hair spray and rinse with water immediately afterwards and blot with clean towel. Will not damage upholstery or clothes.

topless
10-08-2005, 04:00 PM
The best way is to just cut out the offending spot! :D No seriously, hairspray works. I've done it many times and your wife probably has some anyway. Why go buy something you don't need. Try it first. ;)

LUVNLIFE
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
thats three for the Magic eraser
Heres four for Magic Eraser :D

INFINITEJJ
10-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Denatured Alcohol, just use a good vinyl cleaner / protectant after.

Debbolas
10-08-2005, 05:27 PM
John told me to use a brush (because the seat is porous) and scrub with a de-greaser (like simple green) Be sure to condition your seats after.
Magic Eraser is awesome, but will scratch paint.
John & Michelle sell some great stuff for cleaning and conditioning boats :cool:

Debbolas
10-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I think Kachina is the only company that paints their upholstery on. It's hard to machine stitch a water buffalo. :p :D
WHATEVER :rolleyes:
I tried magic eraser on my car paint, and it left little tiny scratches............so, use it on your upholstry, but NOT any painted surfaces;)

Debbolas
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
It's cleanser, not a great idea to use on anything that will scratch.
Found that out the hard way, it's a micro abrasive.........not good for paint :cry:
Works great on seats................ :D
(hope Scream doesn't check out the side of my car door) :rolleyes:

Debbolas
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
You better delete it before he sees it. :D
Yeah, he is NEVER on anymore..............World of Warcraft has taken over my husband :hammer2: