PDA

View Full Version : 25'daytona eliminator

sunset44dp
11-13-2001, 06:17 PM
interested in purchasing a 25' daytona,
how does this boat handle in a 3-4' chop.
and in rough waters. is it a better lake boat than bay boat with rougther seas?

Blown Lavey
11-13-2001, 10:56 PM
You would be better served buying a boat with more free board if you are going to do a lot of ocean running.It can go from 3 ft to 5 in seconds out in the big blue.

boatnam2
11-14-2001, 02:26 AM
if your going to do very much ocean running a 25ft cat is not the boat you want.very easy to stuff.

FastCats
11-14-2001, 06:02 AM
Hi Sunset,
3-4 foot get more freeboard like a 26 American Offshore, they like the rough water,
If you are going to the ocean with big swells, look for a little bigger hull, American Offshore (as the name implies) builds a nice 3100
Scott

racingrascal
11-14-2001, 09:35 PM
Are you going to use the boat in the ocean or on the lakes? If it is mostly lakes then I have heard great things about how they handle. In the ocean I am not to sure of, these guys are right not a lot of freeboard on that boat. But you know if you aren't not planning on going out in some really big seas that boat would probably work great. Lavey makes a nice cat with a lot of freeboard Ultra builds a very nice cat as well that is real tall on the sides "freeboard". Just depends on what you are after. If it is the low stants of the Daytona then it will work great out on the lakes.
Andy

kmahtm
12-07-2001, 08:22 AM
I THINK ELEMINATOR BUILD'S A QUAILTY BOAT I KNOW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WITH 25' DAYTONA'S
[This message has been edited by kmahtm (edited December 18, 2001).]

Craig
12-07-2001, 12:55 PM
KMAHTM, I'm not doubting what you've seen, but I have 2 friends with 22' Daytonas and one with a 25'. One 22 is a stock ride the other 22 is about 100 mph boat and the 25 has hit 106. None of them has displayed any of the probelems you talked about except the porpoise. That's something a lot of different make cats have and typically is easily tamed with tunnel tabs.
Craig

RiverDave2
12-07-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by kmahtm:
I DON'T THINK ELEMINATOR BUILD'S A QUAILTY BOAT I KNOW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WITH 25' DAYTONA'S AND WHEN I WAS IN THE BOAT'S AT SPEED THE FLOOR MOVES 1-2 INCHES THE SEAT BOX'S LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO RIP OFF THE FLOOR. ALSO THE 22-25 DAYTONA'S HAVE BIG PORPOISE PROBLEM. WHEN YOU BUILD 30 BOATS A MONTH HOW MUCH QUAILTY CAN GET ? ALSO 22-25 HAVE PROBLEM WITH RIPPING OUT TRANSOM !
25' Daytona where the floor moves 1-2 inches?
Ripping out the Transom?
Who are your buddies with the boats? Do they post on the boards? What Eliminator EVER had the Transom ripped out of it?
I'm not a huge fan of Eliminators becuase I think there over priced and a couple of other things that bother me as well, but I have a REALLY HARD TIME swallowing what you just said.
RD

kmahtm
12-07-2001, 02:58 PM
OK TIME TO PLAY NICE?

rivercrazy
12-07-2001, 03:04 PM
I ain't buying the tabs and proposing story.

Craig
12-07-2001, 03:31 PM
Maybe so, but I can personally vouch for their success on a 25' Daytona (single step) and a 22' Sport Cat. I've driven both, with and without tabs, they work on those boats, they don't completly eliminate it, they smooth it out so you can drive right through it.
Craig

mrpumps HTM
12-09-2001, 09:28 PM
TORN OUT TRANSOM IF YOU ARE IN QUESTION CALL PATS FIBERGLASS ASK ABOUT TRANSOM'S IN ELEMINATORS ALSO THERE IS ANOTHER SHOP CALLED HIGH TECH MARINE I BELIVE IT IS IN SIMI CALL HIM ABOUT THE 25' DAYTONA WITH TRANSOM RIPPING OUT AND FOR THE 22' THIS BOAT WOULD NEED 48" CAV PLATES TO GET RID OF THE PORPOISE PROBLEM I ALSO SEEN A 22 WITH A CLAMP ON DANGLING OFF THE BACK GOING DOWN THE ROAD TRANSOM RIPPED OUT ! ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BOAT JIM LANG IN SIMI VALLEY IS WORKING ON

fat rat
12-10-2001, 05:00 AM
My friend here in Maryland has a 25' Daytona powered by a 600SC 300+ hours running upper 90's......the boat will porpuse around 75-78 mph but you power right thorough it and at 80 or so it goes away. As far workmanship we've seen no signs of any of the above...ie, transom's breaking, floor flexing, seats box comming apart and ect. I have a 21' Daytona and the boat is awsome in every aspect.

RiverDave2
12-10-2001, 10:31 AM
KMAHTM, I'm still having a hard time believing what you just said.. How did the boat get the transom ripped out? Did it hit a Sand Bar at 60mph? The porpouse isn't near as bad as your making it sound either.. Maybe your buddies boat isn't setup right?? Sure sounds like it to me anyways.. Wrong X dimension? Are they Outboards? Too much/Not enough Set Back or height? Wrong prop/s?? There's way to many variables to say that the whole 22-25 line sucks.. I know and have met guys with some EXTREMELY quick/fast 22' Eliminators with twin O/B's on the back that haven't had any of the problems your talking about.. Why don't you tell your two friends to come on the board and post and we will help them work there problems out?
RD

rivercrazy
12-10-2001, 11:45 AM
Well said RD! The guys is making Eliminator sound like they are not built as well as Bayliners. Total BS

DBM
12-10-2001, 12:44 PM
Sunset44dp,if my suspicions are correct this kmahtm person is just trying to start crap and has some personal issues to work out with himself,Eliminator is a good sound company witch has been building cats alot longer than any of the custom boat builders.
They have 10!! different models in the cat,s alone as far as making to many boats per month maybe there better organized,have a better staff, or a larger work force, a few different facilitys, better quality control.
Eliminator and DCB have been rigging clamp ons to eliminators for years Fact, without the problems your mentioning in a blanket manor, as for you seeing a boat going down the road with the transom ripping out come on!!!how conveniant,and if it were true maybe he did not secure them properly for travel,maybe he hit a log in the water and was bringing it to be repaired,Im, sue you pulled him over and asked being the genuinely concerned citizen that you are,
Does this look all to familar delaminating,floors moving,things flexing,the sky falling, this was,is going around about another MFG on the boards this guy mentioned on another thread,and proceeded to bash Eliminator there too, it seems that this is his sole pupose on this site,please get back to the topic and dont use it to vent your frustrations, or air your personal issues.
As far as the 25 daytona for a sea going boat this would not be my pick, while it does handle chop very well,I know thru experiance, It lacks enough freeboard and transom in my opinion to take out in the ocean,but a great lake boat, if you want some additional info call bob teauge,at teauge marine in santa clarita he,s the test driver for Powerboat Magazine, and has tested all types of cats not to mention his statice as a leader in the hot boat engine building industry,
Also Boost power marine in thousand oaks has built and rigged a ton of Eliminators, try calling him for some more info,

RiverDave2
12-10-2001, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mrpumps HTM:
TORN OUT TRANSOM IF YOU ARE IN QUESTION CALL PATS FIBERGLASS ASK ABOUT TRANSOM'S IN ELEMINATORS ALSO THERE IS ANOTHER SHOP CALLED HIGH TECH MARINE I BELIVE IT IS IN SIMI CALL HIM ABOUT THE 25' DAYTONA WITH TRANSOM RIPPING OUT AND FOR THE 22' THIS BOAT WOULD NEED 48" CAV PLATES TO GET RID OF THE PORPOISE PROBLEM I ALSO SEEN A 22 WITH A CLAMP ON DANGLING OFF THE BACK GOING DOWN THE ROAD TRANSOM RIPPED OUT ! ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BOAT JIM LANG IN SIMI VALLEY IS WORKING ON
Does everyone who owns an HTM type in all Caps Lock sentances?
RD

Slick
12-10-2001, 04:38 PM
I personally am not a big fan of Eliminator. I like the boats, but when I was in their shop 6-7 yaers ago with my buddy, they wouldn't give us the time of day. I think it's because we were in our early 20s and they didn't think we could afford anything or were tire kicking. They were real snooty. Little did they know my buddy had 30k buring a hole in his pocket. Needless to say he didn't buy an Eliminator.
I don't think there's much foundation in those couple of posts. I know a few people with eliminators and they're pretty nice boats. Don't have much experience with the 25 Daytona but it should be a great lake boat for you. I'd keep it out of the salt.
Slick

riverliver
12-10-2001, 06:15 PM
Sunset44DP
I have a 25 Daytona, I think it is a great boat. the reason I bought it was I was looking for a cat and Eliminator made me the best deal, I had look at most of the cat's out at that time and felt that there where a lot of great boats to chose from.
I have had a few Eliminators and have good luck with them and the service has been good, they don't bend over and kiss my ass but thing get taken care of.
(25 Daytona is not an ocean boat)
Sunset44DP good luck with what ever you buy !
Slick
I under stand what your saying, I have learnd not to judge a book by it's cover.
I had the same thing happen to me while looking for boats,(other dealers) drove up in my work truck and got the cold sholder came back the next week with the wife and the BMW 740 and got all kinds of service, sad but true.

ULTRA28
12-10-2001, 09:30 PM
Eliminator builds a great boat. Our service department works on every different boat you could imagine and I have never seen the problems that KMAHTM is talking about. If there is a problem with a transom, I would like to know the whole story before casting judgement, like, was the boat rigged or re-rigged by someone other than eliminator and not properly supported for the weight hanging off the back. Eliminator has not earned their reputation in the industry by putting out anything substandard.
[This message has been edited by ULTRA28 (edited December 10, 2001).]

BradP
12-13-2001, 04:29 PM
25" Daytona, Blown Paul Pfaff 540, 4.3# boost,
804 horse on dyno sheet
28 pitch prop
4 adult males avg. wt 230#
two full tanks
112 on GPS
not my boat, I held the gps though
Oh by the way , 5 seasons no problems except Imco steering. No porpoise

DMB
12-19-2001, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by mrpumps HTM:

Sigus
12-19-2001, 05:27 PM
I have been watching this board for some time now and have pick up some great tips. Would like to share my Eliminator experence. I have 91 Daytona 22 with a 540 carb motor, I have pushed this boat to the wall many many times in all types of water conditions. This hull is rock solid and shows no sign of cracking. Great boat, on the other hand Eliminator has lost sight of the customer with the way they handle service.
Sig