PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah??

Riverready
10-07-2005, 06:34 AM
Somebody tell me somthing about Cheetah?? Anything, good and bad, what do you all know about them, how are their hulls, are their tunnels true tunnels, do they really work? I am looking at the 24 Stiletto. Perfect size and interior for what I'm looking for, just don't really know much about the company. I would think the ride is bitchen with the tunnel hull, but there are some other boat builders that have tride the tunnels in the past with not very much success. The only other two current tunnels of the same nature as Cheetahs I can think of right are Stoker and Schiada (20.5).
Thanks for any input guys!

dicudmore
10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
you will get more response on this in the SandBar section...
Some like Cheetah, some don't. There are several 24' Stilletto owners here on the boards that can chime in.
I have the 29' V and have been more than happy with the boat and with Cheetah in general.

Waldo
10-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Friend of mine has a 24 Stilleto mid cuddy/open bow. I really like the boat. I always enjoy the ride. Different feeling and turns on a rail. It has a 496HO (w/o turbs) in it and we've hit 80-85, depending on conditions.
Some dislike Cheetahs because of rigging/finishing...others say "You get what you pay for". I think Cheetah is a good buy for the buck. If the value is good for you and yours, that's all that matters.

mondorally
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
but there are some other boat builders that have tride the tunnels in the past with not very much success. The only other two current tunnels of the same nature as Cheetahs I can think of right are Stoker and Schiada (20.5).
I can't help you withe any Cheetah questions, but if you have any questions on the Schiada 21' River Tunnel or maybe interested in buying one ... let me know. You could probably get into this one for quite a bit less than a new Cheetah.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/200196RT_Side.jpg
Justin

UnionJack
10-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Somebody tell me somthing about Cheetah?? Anything, good and bad, what do you all know about them, how are their hulls, are their tunnels true tunnels, do they really work? I am looking at the 24 Stiletto. Perfect size and interior for what I'm looking for, just don't really know much about the company. I would think the ride is bitchen with the tunnel hull, but there are some other boat builders that have tride the tunnels in the past with not very much success. The only other two current tunnels of the same nature as Cheetahs I can think of right are Stoker and Schiada (20.5).
One of my really good friends is selling his, if your interested.... All redone interior and gel, open bow with a Promarine Engine, 700 hp and IMCO SC drive, with full hydraulic steering. I will try to find some pictures.

Beer-30
10-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I was looking at the Stilleto prior to my purchase. My only suggestion is to get the walk-thru; if you are going open bow. The tunnel hull doesn't afford much headroom in the mid-cuddy version.

Reaper1
10-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Sandbar Mike had a Cheetah. :)

Mr. Pixilated
10-08-2005, 12:47 PM
My wife and I love our boat....Pixilated Pussy is our boat ....Check it out on the boards..

jayd_jr
10-08-2005, 02:43 PM
I have a cheetah just not a stilletto... I am happy with my 24 deck. Great boat!!!

Two K's
10-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I think that their 29'v is a nice looking boat so I emailed them to see if they would sell me a hull and upholstery without power and hardwear [steering,gauges,ect]They emailed me and said they would be intouch but that was a few weeks ago. Does anybody know if they make a tunnel in the 28' range. Looking for something with a cuddy without power and must have a centerpod but im also looking at v's

andy01
10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
PM Jordy on the boards if he doesn't find his way to this thread..... He can help you out............. :boxed:
Andy

UnionJack
10-08-2005, 04:00 PM
you can look for cheetin brad

dicudmore
10-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I think that their 29'v is a nice looking boat so I emailed them to see if they would sell me a hull and upholstery without power and hardwear [steering,gauges,ect]They emailed me and said they would be intouch but that was a few weeks ago. Does anybody know if they make a tunnel in the 28' range. Looking for something with a cuddy without power and must have a centerpod but im also looking at v's
Call them...they are NOT computer literate when it comes to email etc...
They will sell the the boat like that, hull and upholstery.

Beer-30
10-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Their rotary phones work, though :eek:

Two K's
10-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Thank's for info. I'll give them a call during the week, :idea: and I'll use my rotary from my garage :smile:

Riverready
10-09-2005, 07:03 PM
One of my really good friends is selling his, if your interested.... All redone interior and gel, open bow with a Promarine Engine, 700 hp and IMCO SC drive, with full hydraulic steering. I will try to find some pictures.
If you could get me more info that would be great!

Cheetin Brad
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
If you could get me more info that would be great!
Give me a call if you're interested.
Brad 909-238-4478.

bigq
10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
I can't help you withe any Cheetah questions, but if you have any questions on the Schiada 21' River Tunnel or maybe interested in buying one ... let me know. You could probably get into this one for quite a bit less than a new Cheetah.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/200196RT_Side.jpg
Justin
Is that a 21'? Thing is sweet!!!! :D

Beer-30
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I believe it is a 21' river tunnel. And you are right.....sweet!

dicudmore
10-12-2005, 06:33 AM
I believe it is a 21' river tunnel. And you are right.....sweet!
I second that...those and the 21' Hallett Vectors are some of my all time favorites :D

mondorally
10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Yep, 21' River Tunnel - For sale - $65k obo as seen here! (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94463&highlight=schiada)

Beer-30
10-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, some of them are a little overboard for me, no punn intended. This one just looks extra clean, paint and lay-out wise. Also, it is an open bow! Two thumbs up!

Riverready
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, keep it coming!

HeavyHitter
10-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I like my 23' Cheetah. Right size, responds well to hp, and doesn't cost what a house did 2 years ago.

Two K's
10-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for PM Dan I called them and he called me back the other day and is going to send me more pic's and info on his 29er Has no problem with me using my own power

dicudmore
10-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for PM Dan I called them and he called me back the other day and is going to send me more pic's and info on his 29er Has no problem with me using my own power
cool...let me know if there's any info I can provide ya on it :cool: