PDA

View Full Version : water level in Havi??

WetWillie
10-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Going out tommorow.. Is it still safe to go up river?? I heard it was 2ft lower then normal..
Anyone? :D

INSman
10-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Went up a couple weekends ago in a 36' Skater and it was definitely shallow.
Either follow someone in or stay up in the lake ...

Magic34
10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Going out tommorow.. Is it still safe to go up river?? I heard it was 2ft lower then normal..
Anyone? :D
I tried to go up myself on Sunday and 20 yards too left or right and it is way too shallow. Definitely follow someone up and trim that sh*t.
In your position, I wouldn't even try to head up river. Just get it done the smart way..... without any risk.

Throttle
10-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I do not recall who posted it within the past couple of days, however they stated there was not much room for error, what caught my attention was the 18 inches of water below him.

Magic34
10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I do not recall who posted it within the past couple of days, however they stated there was not much room for error, what caught my attention was the 18 inches of water below him.
That was me, I'll find the thread and bump it.

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
It was definitely shallow last weekend. We made it up and down in a 29' shockwave with twins though. We just went were the stuck boats weren't. :D

INSman
10-07-2005, 09:23 PM
It was definitely shallow last weekend. We made it up and down in a 29' shockwave with twins though. We just went were the stuck boats weren't. :D
You hangin' with Frenchie again ?? :hammerhea :messedup: :D

Magic34
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
You go past me?

rivercrazy
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Was there any dogs on board? LOL! :D

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
You hangin' with Frenchie again ?? :hammerhea :messedup: :D
We jumped on his boat in the afternoon. Nice ride. :)

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
You go past me?
Don't know. Was Vessel Assist trying to pull you off the sandbar?

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Was there any dogs on board? LOL! :D
Just some fake ones. :D

Magic34
10-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Don't know. Was Vessel Assist trying to pull you off the sandbar?
No.
I started heading up river at about 2 PM on Sunday, and I made my break to the left(North) about 200 yards too late and that put me about 15 yards too far to the right. I could clearly see bottom, it was shallow as sh*t. I was trimmed up all the way and shut it down. I thought I did hit, just because how well I could see the bottom. Once stopped, I threw the box anchor over with about 10' of rope and my buddy pulled me out of there. I immediately checked the sea strainers and they had clean water in them, so there was no way I touched becuase the pickups are the lowest part of the boat.
I had a buddy pull me to deeper water and we went on our way. I was in waist deep water where I was anchored and it got shallow quick in a lot of areas.
Once on my trailer, I crawled under the boat and nothing in terms of any signs of touching and my props and skags were as they were when i picked the boat up new.
I feel I was very lucky, but I won't lead the pack again in the future.

WetWillie
10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Dont lie!! YOu told me that thing ran ashore and you fixed it with duct tape!
Why do you think im asking?
That should help resale! ;)

Magic34
10-07-2005, 09:56 PM
No, I spun out and then drove it ashore backwards. This was after the story I listed above.
Not selling anymore. I got that one issue resloved and I am really happy with life now.

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
No.
I started heading up river at about 2 PM on Sunday, and I made my break to the left(North) about 200 yards too late and that put me about 15 yards too far to the right. I could clearly see bottom, it was shallow as sh*t. I was trimmed up all the way and shut it down. I thought I did hit, just because how well I could see the bottom. Once stopped, I threw the box anchor over with about 10' of rope and my buddy pulled me out of there. I immediately checked the sea strainers and they had clean water in them, so there was no way I touched becuase the pickups are the lowest part of the boat.
I had a buddy pull me to deeper water and we went on our way. I was in waist deep water where I was anchored and it got shallow quick in a lot of areas.
Once on my trailer, I crawled under the boat and nothing in terms of any signs of touching and my props and skags were as they were when i picked the boat up new.
I feel I was very lucky, but I won't lead the pack again in the future.
It was shallow for sure. Someone was stuck pretty good and they were trying to pull them out.

Kilrtoy
10-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Was SYA with him

Not So Fast
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
A friend made the trip from Laughlin to the sandbar last weekend in a 25' Daytona, TWICE, I told him he was STUPID. I have to agree with River Dave about trimmin her up and flying over the shallow part at the mouth of the lake, why not just trim up all the way and idle through the shallow part, less dangerous right? I've been stuck there and just got out (everybody) put it in trailer and pushed off, no problemo! Seems lots safer to me and thats how i will do it from now on so dont go by and swamp me PLEASE :D By the way the lake was up a little yesterday, about 10" Peace NSF

1Shockwaveguy
10-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I made it through on Wed. morning in a 25ft shockwave. Just trim up and go for it. If you dont know the lake well follow someone