PDA

View Full Version : Now Here's A Real Jet Boat!

455Rocket
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Ford, Chevy, Mopar, Olds... ain't go nothing on this baby! Take a look...REAL jet boat (http://www.youtube.com/?v=cwL32shUrS4)

Mighty Thor
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
but you can roast a weani at 120 mph!

FuelInMyVeins82
10-08-2005, 01:18 AM
not to shabby but damn i would have a headache in about a minute of that thing firing up

Kev-o
10-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Helped build the hull for that thing 23` Eagle powerboats Sport, No longer Eagle powerboats now Outlaw Eagle. outlaweagle.com, lots of 100+ MPH boats. :devil:

LAFD
10-08-2005, 07:31 AM
some pretty crazy stuff. would be a fun toy.

LakesOnly
10-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Somebody copied Arneson (http://www.arneson-industries.com/).
Cool technologically and gearhead-wise...but Ford/Chevy/Olds ain't got nothing on it??? My TINY Ford motor came straight from a station wagon and would TOAST that boat in the quarter mile, as could many-a-boat on this forum. :D Turbine engines take forever to spool up and inhibit launch big time. But on open water though...uh, well...that's another story. ;)
Cool boat.
LO

malcolm
10-08-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure who copied who. That boat was their 2nd design and was started over 5 years ago!
Squirt 2 (http://www.nyethermodynamics.com/squirt_2.htm)

Taylorman
10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
There is a company in south la that puts turbine engines in everything. They are Marine Turbine Technologies. Ive been to there shop once and they had turbine engines in a big fountain, in a bass boat inside the cowling of a Merc 300, in an airboat, an S10 truck. I was driving in town the other day and i saw that S10 truck driving down the road. Sounded wicked a turbine truck pull up beside me.

malcolm
10-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmmmm, now we know why he's selling his Olds! :D

olbiezer
10-08-2005, 08:42 AM
wonder if he meets the 88 dcb limit lol......the water cops would have a field day with this guy....... :crossx: :rollside: :rollside:

Kev-o
10-08-2005, 10:13 AM
You guys ever see Leno`s turbine powered crotch rocket? Can you say Organ donor :crossx:

bottom feeder
10-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Helped build the hull for that thing 23` Eagle powerboats Sport, No longer Eagle powerboats now Outlaw Eagle. outlaweagle.com, lots of 100+ MPH boats. :devil:
Welcome to the boards. Great to see another tin boater. Big bonus being with Outlaw/Eagle

olbiezer
10-08-2005, 01:23 PM
theres just something i cant get used to in this boat........turning the starter..........fuel switch on..........ignition on at 40 % or so rpm........

Rampager
10-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Lakes Im not so sure about that!
Ive been in Squirt 2 on Lake Ontario for a unfortunatly breif ride and let me tell ya that boat pulls like a mother!
You'd have to talk to Mark Nye about the details but Id be very surprised if that boat couldn't pull a major holeshot if you wanted to. Mark has the free turbine set up with a brake so you can stall the output shaft while the power turbine remains spooled. I don't think Mark has ever really beat on the boat persay but if you were willing to try I bet it would lauch as hard as any jet. perhaps kev-o can give some details on what that hull ended up weighing(was a custom, 23' if I recall) but that T-58 makes about 1300 (!!!!!!!) Hp and weighs just THREE HUNDRED-ish pounds! The boat is unreal
Loud yea but not how you'd expect.if you crack the ear seals on the helmet you're just deafened by the suction of the intake. My buddy on the dock says the boat gets pretty quiet once its a short distance away. Much quiter than a performance big block.
Overall a sweet boat and a super nice(and smart) guy. Check out NYE.ca
Our club ran past his cottage this year and he chased me down on a jetski to Check out my Eagle tunnel. Ive known him a few years after stumbling across his site. I belive Squirt 1 ended up down in Az (that rings a bell anyway)
Cheers
oh yea and btw and as depressing as it is, gas turbines are exempt from muffler laws up here :confused: :confused: