PDA

View Full Version : Travis Pastrana lands the double back flip!

Waldo
10-07-2005, 10:00 PM
How f'n insane is this???
http://www.racerxill.com/pages/news/images/Double_100405.jpg

Waldo
10-07-2005, 10:00 PM
It's in the latest EXPN Mag...the one w/Danica Patrick.

Phat Matt
10-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Very f'ing insane.

Wonderboy
10-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Damn! I've been waiting for him to do this in public. I knew he would. Can't wait to see him do it in a competition. I think he pulled this off over a year ago, but in a foam pit. That guy's got some cajones!

havasujoe93
10-07-2005, 10:21 PM
That boy is crazy, I heard he's one of only two people in the world to crash soo hard to seperate is upper torso from is bottom torso and still live.
That double back flip has got to be the sickest stunt. I can't wait for the X-Games. Do you think he will pull it in the Winter X games, on snow????
How crazy would that be???

JetBoatRich
10-08-2005, 03:56 AM
How f'n insane is this???
http://www.racerxill.com/pages/news/images/Double_100405.jpg
What a crazy trick :D the guy is nuts :D

HOSS
10-08-2005, 04:48 AM
Thats one sick dude.

Mrs.Racer277
10-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I heard about that Wed. I think. That is crazy insane. :) :)

Waldo
10-08-2005, 06:56 AM
That boy is crazy, I heard he's one of only two people in the world to crash soo hard to seperate is upper torso from is bottom torso and still live.
Yeah, he's a modern day Evil Kinevil (sp) stepped up quite a bit.

Silver
10-08-2005, 07:00 AM
That's crazy!

Mrs.Racer277
10-08-2005, 07:03 AM
And I just want to learn how to do a stoppie! :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-08-2005, 07:28 AM
That is nuts....
I'll stick to water sports..

TwinMach26DCB
10-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Undoubtedly this kid has skills... I just wish he would have REALLY competed with the supercross guys and lived up to the hype... These circus stunts are fun, and there is no doubt about the balls it takes to even consider this stuff, but personally he is SO FAR below the Rickies, the Bubbas, Reeds, (The REAL MEN out there !!)

totenhosen
10-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Undoubtedly this kid has skills... I just wish he would have REALLY competed with the supercross guys and lived up to the hype... These circus stunts are fun, and there is no doubt about the balls it takes to even consider this stuff, but personally he is SO FAR below the Rickies, the Bubbas, Reeds, (The REAL MEN out there !!)
:rolleyes: Whatever!

MagicMtnDan
10-08-2005, 07:46 AM
I'm glad there's no shortage of "young-and-dumb" guys who are willing to risk life and limb to keep us entertained! I enjoy watching them try these stunts and the crashes are spectacular :D

Froggystyle
10-08-2005, 07:49 AM
:rolleyes: Whatever!
Agreed...

Trigger
10-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Well he did prove he can ride (Race). That is behind him. Think of the money he is making doing these "circus stunts". More than likely he is making better money than your Bubbas and Reeds. Think about it, what draws more people, races or the specialty attractions (x games, videos etc....)? I love motox racing, because I did it for years, but the money is elsewhere.

Boa1277
10-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Last time I checked he had a 125 National Championship on his resume, Travis can ride with Reed, Windham, Stewart, Carmichael on any given day, I just dont think his body can stand up to a full series anymore. I read somewhere he has the body of a 80yr old with all of the injuries. He has the speed and besides that he is by far the most likeable of all those guys. I guess it just your definition of BELOW, you should really get your facts straight before you make dumb comments.

tcook33
10-08-2005, 09:07 AM
You're high!! :rolleyes:
He's got just as much natural talent, if not more, than any one of those guys. He's probably one of the most "overall" talented humans to put their leg over a motorcycle. He doesn't race anymore, because he does what he loves. His heart wasn't into it like it should be to win a championship. He has moved on to other things and had done very, very, well with it. Why bash the guy for following his heart? He WAS a contender with all these guys when he raced, through the ametuer ranks all the way into his pro career. He was plagued with injuries not allowing him to get to where he wanted to be.
Don't get me wrong. RC, JBS, and CR and unbelievable. After all RC IS the GOAT. But you are comparing apples to oranges. Let's put RC in Summer X Big Air. Then we will strap him into a rally car. After that, a short flight to the Grand Canyon with a parachute, and then we will give him a while to learn the double BF....Then I like to see how he matches up with TP. :D
Nevermind, knowing RC, he'd probably whoop Travis' ass in all those. :sqeyes:
All Im sayin is it's not fair to say Travis is "so far below" these other guys.

tcook33
10-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I just wish he would have REALLY competed with the supercross guys
Supercross guys, huh? Last I checked there WAS an outdoor series. You probably never been to one though with comments like that.