PDA

View Full Version : Sirius radio

79Challenger
10-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Okay, who has it? Do you like it? Why did you purchase it?

Run_em_Hard
10-08-2005, 08:48 AM
It kicks ass. Any station anywhere. Hip Hop station isn't even edited. Its great.

olbiezer
10-08-2005, 08:50 AM
love it.......listen to raw dog comedy station all the time good talk radio and all the football games on sunday also......lots of news and music too>>>>>

Big Kahunaa
10-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Had it for about a year now love it could't live with out it plus howard stern is on in january

boxscore
10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
I have both XM and Sirius... I like the programming on Sirius tons better.

79Challenger
10-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Had it for about a year now love it could't live with out it plus howard stern is on in january
That would be my biggest reason for choosing Sirius over Xm

79Challenger
10-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I guess its decided then. Sirius it is.

Big Kahunaa
10-08-2005, 09:08 AM
they have the chanel up right now yesterday they just had people on there fartting because howard is still in contrac but they can only add new chanels twice a year

Flashover
10-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I bought stock in it years ago, so go with Sirius Please...... :smile: :smile:

79Challenger
10-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I bought stock in it years ago, so go with Sirius Please...... :smile: :smile:
I bet you made a pretty penny for the investment put out. Anyway it will be Sirius. I need some Howard in the morning :D . Besides, I might as well help my own portfoilio too, right? ;)

Flashover
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
I bet you made a pretty penny for the investment put out. Anyway it will be Sirius. I need some Howard in the morning :D . Besides, I might as well help my own portfoilio too, right? ;)
I still have it, Bought a bunch at .74 cents. The one i didn't hang on to i sold at $4.00 was XM and right after i did that it went into the $30's. I screwed up on that one... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Outnumbered
10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
I've got both and would agree.

Ziggy
10-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I sell both and I agreee---Sirius...........22 takes me back to my good old days. :D :cool: All the old KROQ crew.

79Challenger
10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
I still have it, Bought a bunch at .74 cents. The one i didn't hang on to i sold at $4.00 was XM and right after i did that it went into the $30's. I screwed up on that one... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I bought at a dollar and some change. When I checked last, like a month ago, I think it was in the $7 range? I looked at XM but the buy was too steep at the time.
I did real well with qualcom a few years ago.

BajaMike
10-08-2005, 09:56 AM
What's the best receiver to get that's easily moved from car to boat to truck??? :idea: :confused:
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Outnumbered
10-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Go to www.Crutchfield.com and you can get some real good info and super-close-up photos of the gear.
I'm not too sure about the Sirius boat combo. I have heard mixed reviews on the reception. The XM reception in the boat rocks and its very simple with no ground-plane issues. Just double sided tape the little magnetic car antenna to your dash and you are good to go. Juts be sure it has good line of sight to the sky.

OnlyMoney
10-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Sirius is your best bet. We have it at home, in the cars, in the boat. The boat does have some issues getting a good signal at the sandbar (unfortunately), but other than that....it rocks! For car to home I would get the cradle that hooks up to both. Everyone makes them now, just a price and style preference at this point. NHL and MTV already changed over this past month, Howard comes in January :cool: and you can't forget that Margaritaville is now on there, too!! You can get trials to both online and check it out before you buy, but we all know you're picking the right one...SIRIUS. XM came in our car and it's not bad, but the programming is better on Sirius and you'll see more stations moving to Sirius once their XM contracts expire. All thanks to Howard. :p :p

Ziggy
10-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Sirius is your best bet. We have it at home, in the cars, in the boat. The boat does have some issues getting a good signal at the sandbar (unfortunately), but other than that....it rocks! For car to home I would get the cradle that hooks up to both. Everyone makes them now, just a price and style preference at this point. NHL and MTV already changed over this past month, Howard comes in January :cool: and you can't forget that Margaritaville is now on there, too!! You can get trials to both online and check it out before you buy, but we all know you're picking the right one...SIRIUS. XM came in our car and it's not bad, but the programming is better on Sirius and you'll see more stations moving to Sirius once their XM contracts expire. All thanks to Howard. :p :p
I use the plug-n-play unit and alway just lay the antenna on the dash of my boat.....nary ever a reception problem anywhere on the lake, even in that narrow canyon/cove I was in with the wife :D :D :D

SoCal_fun
10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I'll be getting mine shortly, gotta have Stern on for the commute in the morning! :D

All IN
10-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Sirius is the greatest and once Howard come over ot will be off the charts.

Outnumbered
10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Howard's a fag :D

Dawn Patrol
10-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I sell both and I agreee---Sirius...........22 takes me back to my good old days. :D :cool: All the old KROQ crew.
22 is the Shizts!
Isn't funny how many KROQ DJs are on there?

Outnumbered
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
22 is the Shizts!
Isn't funny how many KROQ DJs are on there?
Yep, that's my favorite.