PDA

View Full Version : Got to luv E-BAY !!!!!!

blown540flattie
10-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Well here is a little story, A week or so ago a good friend of mine had his 2005 4x4 CrewCab Duramax stolen from his driveway at 2:00am in Las Vegas. Cops didnt do much gave him a report number and went on thier way. I was one bad AXX truck fabtech 6" lift 22"welds Fox shocks all the way around.Well to make a long story short. He was looking last night on ebay for anything like his truck had on it being sold well low and behold a 05' engine trans and transfercase for sale in vegas. Naw it couldnt be!!! In the picture it has a red "Baldwin" oil filter. So he went to the dealer and got the build sheet for his vin and the number for the engine. so he went down to the guys shop to see it and check it out. Well the last 8 of the vin was on the motor. He told the guy he would get the money if he would end the auction early he said no problem. he left and call the cops. Well today was a long day
got a warrant found a stolen dully and all kinds of stuff stripped and chopped up. They impounded tons of stuff. Arrested two guys for tons of charges and running a chop shop. This stuff really pisses me off people spend thier hard earned money and these pieces of sxxt do what they do but you got to love finding it on ebay!!!! Jeff Grob's Mountain West Custom Vehicle Restoration is a chop shop so beware!!!!! EBAY AD DURAMAX 2005 6.6 LITER GM DEISEL ENGINE 16K MILES (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8004855899&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

obnoxious001
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Score one for the good guys. Great that he was ambitious enough to search, even better that he was able to do the "catching".

scottys
10-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Thank You for posting. Nice to hear.

YeLLowBoaT
10-09-2005, 04:38 AM
LOL they never catch the smart ones.....happy to hear that they got them.

olbiezer
10-09-2005, 06:18 AM
the sheriff's just busted a guy here in brandon ms for the same thing......some farmer in texas found his tractor that these dudes stole on ebay and found all kinds of stollen boats cars etc at these guys lot........guess u just got to be carefull all the time anymore........

moneysucker
10-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Good old Jeff Grob will tell you anything that is wrong and not convenintly leave details out like others...What about "this botor is so f-ing hot I shouldn't have it on e-bay" or "even though I didn't steal it myself, this motor can out run cops" Kills me, congratulations on catching them. too bad the truck probably isn't wanted back but at least some of the aftermarket parts may be able to be recovered and installed on the new one.
In the ad:
Jeff Grob's Mountain West Custom Vehicle Restoration has a reputation for quality and service – but in case you're just learning about us, we'd like to explain how we do business.
“I have first-hand knowledge of every job that comes in and out of these doors,” says owner Jeff Grob. “When you buy a vehicle or part from Mountain West, you can always deal directly with me and I'll tell you exactly what you're getting for your money. No matter the condition of a vehicle or part, I'll tell you straight. If a distributor needs some adjusting, you'll know it. In fact, you'll get a status overview in writing. I've dealt with a number of online vehicle and part sites, and I know how information gets conveniently left out. At Mountain West, you get the professional quality and service you expect and deserve.”
This is the same straight shooting that Jeff brings to all the work produced by Mountain West. Located just one mile west of Mandalay Bay off of the Las Vegas Strip, Mountain West Custom has built a stellar reputation the old-fashioned way, with a man of integrity at the helm and a crew of skilled craftsmen behind him. From hot-damn paint jobs and unparalleled fabrication work to ingenious mechanical design and engineering, the Mountain West team achieves the “impossible” every day.

MandDPerformance
10-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I've been robbed twice and I spent numerous hours trying to locate stuff. Never got anything back. It really makes me happy to hear these pieces of shiat were busted.

MandDPerformance
10-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Good old Jeff Grob will tell you anything that is wrong and not convenintly leave details out like others...What about "this botor is so f-ing hot I shouldn't have it on e-bay" or "even though I didn't steal it myself, this motor can out run cops" Kills me, congratulations on catching them. too bad the truck probably isn't wanted back but at least some of the aftermarket parts may be able to be recovered and installed on the new one.
In the ad:
Jeff Grob's Mountain West Custom Vehicle Restoration has a reputation for quality and service – but in case you're just learning about us, we'd like to explain how we do business.
“I have first-hand knowledge of every job that comes in and out of these doors,” says owner Jeff Grob. “When you buy a vehicle or part from Mountain West, you can always deal directly with me and I'll tell you exactly what you're getting for your money. No matter the condition of a vehicle or part, I'll tell you straight. If a distributor needs some adjusting, you'll know it. In fact, you'll get a status overview in writing. I've dealt with a number of online vehicle and part sites, and I know how information gets conveniently left out. At Mountain West, you get the professional quality and service you expect and deserve.”
This is the same straight shooting that Jeff brings to all the work produced by Mountain West. Located just one mile west of Mandalay Bay off of the Las Vegas Strip, Mountain West Custom has built a stellar reputation the old-fashioned way, with a man of integrity at the helm and a crew of skilled craftsmen behind him. From hot-damn paint jobs and unparalleled fabrication work to ingenious mechanical design and engineering, the Mountain West team achieves the “impossible” every day.
Somebody should shoot this lying Mother F'r.

wsuwrhr
10-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Somebody should shoot this lying Mother F'r.
I don't know why anyone didn't.
He is probably already out of jail.
fu.cker. Next time I am in Vegas I may pay him a visit.
Brian

stix818
10-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Right on blown540flattie. Good to see A$$HOLES get caught for F***KING the working man!!!!

Jim W
10-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Here's a true E-Bay story---- told to me by a good friend about a guy he personally knows.
This guy comes home from work and sees tire tracks in fresh snow (upstate NY, near Rochester) up to his house. Foot prints around the house and up onto the front porch. He figures----no biggie, my brother must of stopped by today.
Comes home the next day and more foot prints up onto the porch and the nicest canoe of 3-4 is gone. He wonders why his brother would take the canoe in the middle of winter and calls the brother up. His brother says he didnt do it, call the cops. Cops come, make a report.
Come spring time this guy figures he is going to find another real nice canoe and looks on E-Bay. Sure as chit, he sees his canoe on E-Bay being auctioned off!
So, he goes down to the sherriffs and shows them the canoe on E-Bay, which is now 25 mi. away in Rochester and at a pawn shop. The cops go up to the pawn shop and take the canoe, give it back to the owner.
The good part is, anything pawned over a certain value has to have the person's ID info to go with it. NICE!!!!!!
The cops got ahold of some teenager----who was dumb enough to present his ID and the kid squeals on his 2 other buddys!!!!
True story, happened last winter.
Be good, Jim

schiada96
10-10-2005, 09:34 AM
so why is the auction still going?

Norseman
10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
so why is the auction still going?
I imagine that computer access is some what limited in jail...... :D
And who would you call with your one phone call, a lawyer or ebay????

blown540flattie
10-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I dont know why the auction is still up. I emailed E-Bay with no reply. Well my budy gave me the update of the truck, what was left of it. No frame tires or suspension, no doors, cab got cut into several pieces and no front body panels. He said it was really sad. He said you can put all of the pieces in the bed of a truck. There is a little more to the story. The shop where the motor was found is on highland street. For the last couple of years the cops have been finding chopped up car parts in trash cans in the area and couldnt find out where they hav been coming from.It was called the Highland mystery by the detectives, well not no more. I will post the pictures when he send them to me and thanks guys for all of the input!!!

meaniam
10-11-2005, 09:18 AM
you think his buddy is dumb enough to place the rims on ebay. maybe they already sold the rims and there running around town. he would have gotten away if he did some preselling. before reciving the inventory. glad to see the dush bags have been cuaght. spread the word around town that shop will have no choice but to move. or better yet fold. i wonder how many theifs he employeed

Sherpa
10-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Awesome story!
sure makes ya want to hack the guys arms and legs off with a chain saw though............
--excellent detective work!
--Sherpa