PDA

View Full Version : buying from private party

1975sleekcraft
10-09-2005, 08:22 AM
if i want to buy parts from a private party (from this site) , how would i go about this. the guy lives in another state. how do i get him the money and know he is going to ship the item? whats a way to know I wont get scammed?
i buy stuff online all the time. never from a private party.
please help!!!!!!!!!-------leary---------

Devilman
10-09-2005, 08:36 AM
if i want to buy parts from a private party (from this site) , how would i go about this. the guy lives in another state. how do i get him the money and know he is going to ship the item? whats a way to know I wont get scammed?
i buy stuff online all the time. never from a private party.
please help!!!!!!!!!-------leary---------
You can use paypal if you already do business online. As far as knowing you won't get scammed, you just gotta trust 'em. Work out the details over the phone, sometimes you can get an idea about the deal by talking to them. I've dealt with a couple of people on the boards, total strangers. But no negative experiences. I'd say most of the time it comes down to one boater helping another boater out..... My take on it anyway. Good luck!

gregr1971
10-09-2005, 08:43 AM
i've boat a few things from the folks here on the board,i would bet that the guys on the boards here wont screw you,some talk sh*t, but it's all kidding around i bet. send the guy some money ,if he screws you,post it up all over the boards,someone on here lives by him!

moneysucker
10-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Use pay pal and if you think something is going bad file a fraud claim within 3 months. I have delt with a lot of people on the boards and have never had a negative experience. Who is it that is selling? Everyone else could give you an idea.
Cy

1975sleekcraft
10-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I have F heads.I read somewhere that these heads are one of the most sought after heads olds made.I always wanted the aluminum heads all ported and all that.Im not sure if there worth all that.Im only runnin about 375-400 horse(guess?).
I just definetly don't want to send someone(western union)a crap load of money and end up with a sucker wrapper on my head.
thanx for the help so far.how do i get ahold of PAYPAL.

moneysucker
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
You just go to paypal.com

Red Horse
10-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I have F heads.I read somewhere that these heads are one of the most sought after heads olds made.I always wanted the aluminum heads all ported and all that.Im not sure if there worth all that.Im only runnin about 375-400 horse(guess?).
I just definetly don't want to send someone(western union)a crap load of money and end up with a sucker wrapper on my head.
thanx for the help so far.how do i get ahold of PAYPAL.
You want the "C" castings. Those are the hard to find ones. They were built from 68 to 72 on the 455 with 390 OEM horsepower. Dont quote me on the years, but the C heads are the ones you want for iron. For good answers on OLDS stuff, call Joe Mondello. Here is the links
http://www.mondellotwister.com/
http://www.mondello.com/

Marlin455
10-10-2005, 04:54 AM
All of the BB Olds info you could ever ask for-www.realoldspower.com- Check out this site BEFORE you buy anything from Mondellos- It will be enlightening, to say the least- PS- Properly ported and polished, ANY of the olds big block heads will flow enough to support 600 hp :) Just my .02 cents, Stan

HotDogz
10-11-2005, 09:32 AM
The "F" head is one of the most sought after heads as they are true w-30 big valve heads and pretty hard to find. Olds car clubs would appreciate the iron more than performance enthusiasts would for an accurate restoration. "C" heads are reported to flow the best of the iron castings. Edelbrocks aluminum heads flow better out of the box than any iron head can.

Sherpa
10-13-2005, 06:59 AM
don't ever send money western union........ the receiver can pick up the money
anyplace..... (IE: you have no address to try and find the guy if it goes bad)
I always send a US POstal money order........ mailed....... if it is a guy from
here, then say so........ I'm sure you'll get feedback if it's negative........
--Sherpa
PS: paypal sucks........