PDA

View Full Version : 300 results...

steelcomp
10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
OK...who knows the results of the 300? Lets hear it.
Where's Squirtin Thunder??? :confused: :confused:

MikeF
10-09-2005, 08:30 PM
ANY NEW UPDATES? Cmon!

BUSBY
10-09-2005, 08:35 PM
ANY NEW UPDATES? Cmon!
Well Mike ... I guess they weren't as fast to post as we thought???

MikeF
10-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Maximus must be revelling in the win (being closer to the bottle than the computer screen). I they have the overall win, rightfully so! We'll hear soon enough. :D

Brooski
10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Where the heck is Jim aka Squirtin Thunder? He posts on every thread every day, now its the one day we need info, and he is no where to be found....... :cry:
Maybe the Heartbeat got a pacemaker and didnt die....

olbiezer
10-09-2005, 10:15 PM
bottom of the river maybe? big blue ovel shining into the night? lol come on jim post up!!!!!

victorfb
10-09-2005, 10:41 PM
from what i hear, the short bus had a little hydrolock problem getting started and took off a few laps down with dave making up some serious time with some awsome lap times. up untill the motor made a pop around lap 7 and that was it. jim (squirtin thunder) had a cam go flat at about 8 laps into it. tysons boat was running good for most of the race and then had ignition problems. might have been the MSD box. a little bad luck for all three teams. only 1 injury that ive heard about, an unknown boat lifted and set itself in the reeds. driver got a couple broken ribs, and was taken to the hospital. no word yet on his condition, but from what i heard he was ok. jim (squirtin thunder) was also taken to the hospital after he made it back to shore. possibly a seizure, which jim suffers from bells palsey. no word yet from jims family, but im hoping for the best. prayers go out to both of them.

Big Proppa
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I'll start a new thread with the pictures I took this morning. Great time - sure hope all is well with jim

moneysucker
10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Hope everyone is alright. That sucks to hear the mechanical problems that knocked most out of the race. Oh well, There is always next year. If CBR won, I am sure that jim would have been posting from the ambulance. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the hospitalized.
Cy

olbiezer
10-10-2005, 12:38 AM
hope every one is ok i know they were all really excited about racing today.....sorry to hear jim had some health problems......

victorfb
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM
ok, just got off the phone with jim and he is ok. about an hour after the race he sat down next to his wife and grabbed his chest and went out. inside the ambulance they found his heart rate was 202bpm. they had to stop the heart and hit the re-set button sort of speak. close call for sure. stayed at the hospital for a while but he and his family are back at home resting. tests will come soon on the cause. glad to see your ok jim.
for the boat... seems he lost a cam due to high spring presure. had to use a set of heads from another motor at the last minute and didnt have time to replace the springs. a gamble, but hey, it is a betting town.
rest up jim, them doctors are gunna have a field day with ya. :boxingguy

MikeF
10-10-2005, 05:26 AM
his heart rate was 202bpm. they had to stop the heart and hit the re-set button sort of speak.
:jawdrop: Looks like the heartbeat HAS just stopped! :jawdrop:
Hope you are ok Jim! :)

JetBoatRich
10-10-2005, 05:49 AM
ok, just got off the phone with jim and he is ok. about an hour after the race he sat down next to his wife and grabbed his chest and went out. inside the ambulance they found his heart rate was 202bpm. they had to stop the heart and hit the re-set button sort of speak. close call for sure. stayed at the hospital for a while but he and his family are back at home resting. tests will come soon on the cause. glad to see your ok jim.
for the boat... seems he lost a cam due to high spring presure. had to use a set of heads from another motor at the last minute and didnt have time to replace the springs. a gamble, but hey, it is a betting town.
rest up jim, them doctors are gunna have a field day with ya. :boxingguy
Thanks for the update Victor, glad to hear Jim will be OK :cool: scarey situation.

disco_charger
10-10-2005, 07:01 AM
I hear tht the Dana team (Tyson's boat) lost a couple of MSD boxes that got wet, but other than that the boat ran flawless.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-10-2005, 07:26 AM
I hear tht the Dana team (Tyson's boat) lost a couple of MSD boxes that got wet, but other than that the boat ran flawless.
form what i know they only lost 1 and went back out and ran more laps and tyson got tired and put her on the trailer early...he also got the most laps with a jet...
that sigaro went out as well after 18 laps with a blown pump and engine. im shure Futs had a good time running that thing even if it was slow as hell ...lmao...
hope jim has a speedy recovery......his boat was lookin good when it WAS runnin
ohh and the accident was a yellow whacker ......

flat broke
10-10-2005, 08:51 AM
form what i know they only lost 1 and went back out and ran more laps and tyson got tired and put her on the trailer early...he also got the most laps with a jet...
that sigaro went out as well after 18 laps with a blown pump and engine. im shure Futs had a good time running that thing even if it was slow as hell ...lmao...
hope jim has a speedy recovery......his boat was lookin good when it WAS runnin
ohh and the accident was a yellow whacker ......
Until Hacker or one of the crew gets back, the best info I have is that the first msd (just a 6al) went bad, they pulled it out, blew it out and tried to go out again, but it was still popin and missin. Then Tony was able to locate a 6m2 (Thanks to whoever helped out with that), they wired that in place and went out for more. I don't know how long it took to go through all of that, but it didn't sound like Ty hung it up because he was tired. I could be wrong on that, but he seemed pretty excited when I talked to him, so I'm guessing they just plain ol' ran out of time.
I don't have the official lap counts, but if the boat Tim was drivin went 18 laps, it will be close between the Dana and the ol' circle boat. Any word on what that CJ advantage ran? I figgured they would have been the favorite for most laps by a jet. I gotta throw some props to DNE on the Ford in the Dana. The one bit of information I did get from Ty is that the vitals on the engine looked great the whole time. Oil pressure and temp as well as water pressure and temp never wavered. I'm sure he's a little frustrated that the MSD went south, but on the up side, he knows he's got a nice capable rig for regular river duty, and when I asked him if he was ready to start building a new rig for next year's deal outta the Spectra, he replied something along the lines of, "why, we can just drive the Dana"
I almost forgot, Best wishes to Jim and his family in hopes of a speedy recovery and favorable test results.
Chris

tpmarine.com
10-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Jim sorry to hear about the race, but glad to hear that you are ok and home resting.

Brooski
10-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks for all the updates Vic. Glad to hear Jim is okay. I guess it may be time for him to change his signature line.. :2purples:

Big Proppa
10-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I really glad Jim is OK - the same thing happened to me after partying with hustler all night a month ago, heart just started racing out of control, nothing 80 jewels of electricity can't handle :D - No alcohol involved in Jims case, just glad to here he is doing better, really had us scared for a minute.

old rigger
10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
WTF? I thought the drivers had to pass a physical? I would have thought that his bells palsey would have kept him on the beach?
Glad everyone's OK though.
jim (squirtin thunder) was also taken to the hospital after he made it back to shore. possibly a seizure, which jim suffers from bells palsey.

SK48
10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
We had a great time in the CJ402 boat. Boat ran great for 2 plus hours, and
the calgo steering cable went bad, and was just not safe to run anymore.
We probably went as far as any jet, got third in division 2. Only Gritch and the K-17 boat were in front of us, in that division. My favorite boat was the
cracker box in division 1, they ran the whole race in some pretty rough water
and made it to the finish line. Those are some tough drivers & co riders.

LakesOnly
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
What a great idea for an event! As in, "Hey it's end of the season, so let's go out and run the piss out of out boats for 300 miles and see what happens!" :D And I mean this in a good way. Everyone has the off season to rebuild, and that's just part of racing. What a great summer ending blow out event...wish I could have made it.
Hope a lot has been learned from those that entered, in that building a motor for a max effort balls-to-the-wall pass for just 1320 ft is a whole different build than an endurance race where a motor must run a sustained deal for a long period of time.
Sounds like all had a blast. Think I'll start prepping a motor specifically for next year's event. :cool:
I had been staying in touch with Jim over the past 10 days or so prior to race day, scrambling to get him parts he needed pronto, offering tidbits of specific build info here 'n' there, etc. During that time, I could sense the pressure he was under--and I mean down to the wire/last minute race prep dealings--and feel that he should be commended for sticking to his guns and making this race. Jim pulled a lot of hat tricks all the while promoting AND pushing the limits of his health.
Get well soon Jim.
LO

DeputyDawg
10-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Our prayers are with you Jim, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Miss BK
10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know who was in the yellow outboard that went into the weeds?
And how many boats total?
Thanks for posting the info!

Squirtin Thunder
10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone !!! First we want to thank our entire team along with Short Bus, Four Q and Team Shocker for their support and help. Next, we need to thank all of our sponsors for their support.
As some of you may know, we fell out of the race in the 9th lap. We were running 4 minute laps with a hurt engine. A last minute problem before we left for the race caused us to use an older set of heads, that had excessive spring pressure for cam break in. When we arrived in Parker, we started to test. Somehow we got junk in the needle and seat, at quarter lap the fuel pump just started dumping fuel into the carb, which caused us to wash down the brand new engine with fuel. We flushed the engine several times with fresh oil to remove all traces of gas. At 8:00 am on race day, we were still unsure if we would race or not. At first start, oil pressure was at 20-25 psi, the last time the gassy oil was changed, the oil lines were mistakenly put in the wrong spot, this was done at midnight. Fixed this small detail, started engine and 80 psi. Mad dash to get inspected and registered, We were going racing. Things were going fine, at lap 5 we blew a water line, came in to pit for repair and top off. 4 laps later the engine stopped running, we were out. Upon inspection in the pit, the cam flatspotted from the spring pressure. No chance of getting back in the race, but a job well done by everyone !!!
About one hour later, everyone one was watching race and having a good time. Jim came over and sat down next to me, he was talking with MrsBordsmnj and MrsBoatnam. All of a sudden he grabbed his chest, lost consciousness and almost fell over. Again the TEAM came thru, we kept Jim semi conscious, got the medic and an ambulance. They placed Jim into the ambulance, Jim's heartbeat was about 202, they gave him an injection to stop his heart and then restart his heart before they went to the hospital. The doctor's stated that if we did not get help when we did that we would have lost him. They wanted him to stay in the hospital, but Jim was more worried about the team and boat. We made arrangements for him to be seen by his own doctor here at home. The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart. Jim is now resting comfortably (LOL) in the hospital, waiting for the rest of the tests that have been planned for him. At this time, he will be there until tomorrow, unless something happens. I will post from time to time, to give updates as they happen.
Again, thanks to everyone for their support, before, during and after the race.
Thanks
Mrs ST

Squirtin Thunder
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
WTF? I thought the drivers had to pass a physical? I would have thought that his bells palsey would have kept him on the beach?
Glad everyone's OK though.
Jim had a physical, before he actually committed to the race and before he began obtaining sponsors and a team. That was one month before the race. As I stated in my previous post:
The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow! How scary for you. Tell Jim the Sportin' Woods are concerned and will keep him in our thoughts. Glad to hear he is feeling better.
Angie

Boy Named Sue
10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Talked to Jim on the phone last week. A really nice guy. Praying for a speedy recovery, thanks to the Lord help was there when he needed it.
~ Suey

Jet Hydro
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Jim had a physical, before he actually committed to the race and before he began obtaining sponsors and a team. That was one month before the race. As I stated in my previous post:
I`m glad to hear that he`s ok but I`m also sorry that all his hard work ended with a pop. Guess his racing is over with having heart problems. I`d go nutzzzzzzz if I couldn't race because of health problems. Time for him to step back and look at things in a different light. Good Luck Jim and slow down before it`s to late ;)

disco_charger
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I have Bell's Palsey. You would never know it, and I could pass any physical in America. Bell's Palsey affects the seventh cranial nerver and only affects your ability to control certain muscles in your face. It's sometimes painful, but for the most part harmless.
Glad to hear that Jim is going to be ok.

old rigger
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I never heard of bells palsey, I was going on what victor said at the begining of this thread...
"jim (squirtin thunder) was also taken to the hospital after he made it back to shore. possibly a seizure, which jim suffers from bells palsey. no word yet from jims family, but im hoping for the best. prayers go out to both of them."
I assumed that because it was mentiond, it must be part of his problem.

hack job
10-10-2005, 02:26 PM
well team dana ran well till on lap four the msd cut out and got a little wet( a little is a understatement) lol
we monekyed with it and then put it back in and tony went out and did a couple more laps. then it started acting up again,. so we pulled the chip and blew out what we could and i headed out. i got no futher than the pit exit when it started cuting out on me. :devil:
then i got about a 1/3 up the track and it shut down. i floated and tried starting it for over 20 mins with the hatch up and never recieved aide from the support boats. at which point i put it on a dock ( five houses from turn one) and grabed a cell phone forma awsome spectator and called my crew. about 45 mins later we were back in the pits working on a fix.
we asked a few other racers about here boxs and hit gold( tony did) and we got that bady boy in there . i was off in the drivers seat!!! this thing was a blast. i cant wait till next year i really believe that if we would havenot had those issues we would have been right there. with my tanks and speed i would be able to run about 17 laps and then pit so that would have cut us a break for the boats that would have been a bit faster. as for me getting tired yes i did get some arm pump, but i also did not know that there was less then 5 laps left in it. otherwise i would have stayed out . i felt bad that tony only got to run like 4 good laps( when we pulled him out we were first in our div.) so i wanted him to get some more seat time.
i really loved the event and i have lots of ideas for next year. ( cause you can count on boat 02 being there )
i still dont know our over all or division results i was guessing that we were the last jet running . glad every one had a good time and that it went so well.
i would like to thank Tony Scarlata, Greg Shaw , Mark Wright and my Dad, and those who stoped in to the pits throw there helping hand in. i would also like to thank our sponsors Dana performance boats, American Turbine, and Sweet Performance Plumbing.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone !!! First we want to thank our entire team along with Short Bus, Four Q and Team Shocker for their support and help. Next, we need to thank all of our sponsors for their support.
As some of you may know, we fell out of the race in the 9th lap. We were running 4 minute laps with a hurt engine. A last minute problem before we left for the race caused us to use an older set of heads, that had excessive spring pressure for cam break in. When we arrived in Parker, we started to test. Somehow we got junk in the needle and seat, at quarter lap the fuel pump just started dumping fuel into the carb, which caused us to wash down the brand new engine with fuel. We flushed the engine several times with fresh oil to remove all traces of gas. At 8:00 am on race day, we were still unsure if we would race or not. At first start, oil pressure was at 20-25 psi, the last time the gassy oil was changed, the oil lines were mistakenly put in the wrong spot, this was done at midnight. Fixed this small detail, started engine and 80 psi. Mad dash to get inspected and registered, We were going racing. Things were going fine, at lap 5 we blew a water line, came in to pit for repair and top off. 4 laps later the engine stopped running, we were out. Upon inspection in the pit, the cam flatspotted from the spring pressure. No chance of getting back in the race, but a job well done by everyone !!!
About one hour later, everyone one was watching race and having a good time. Jim came over and sat down next to me, he was talking with MrsBordsmnj and MrsBoatnam. All of a sudden he grabbed his chest, lost consciousness and almost fell over. Again the TEAM came thru, we kept Jim semi conscious, got the medic and an ambulance. They placed Jim into the ambulance, Jim's heartbeat was about 202, they gave him an injection to stop his heart and then restart his heart before they went to the hospital. The doctor's stated that if we did not get help when we did that we would have lost him. They wanted him to stay in the hospital, but Jim was more worried about the team and boat. We made arrangements for him to be seen by his own doctor here at home. The doctors in Parker and here at home have confirmed that the Bells Palsy was in no way shape or form the cause of his heart problems. Bells Palsy affects the brain and NOT the heart. Jim is now resting comfortably (LOL) in the hospital, waiting for the rest of the tests that have been planned for him. At this time, he will be there until tomorrow, unless something happens. I will post from time to time, to give updates as they happen.
Again, thanks to everyone for their support, before, during and after the race.
Thanks
Mrs ST
glad to hear Jim is doing ok

steelcomp
10-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Donna, tell Jim to give me a call when he has time or is up to it. I've been through the same thing. Spent 6 hrs in the ECU with a heart rate of 225, then 3 hrs in the CCU the next day when they had to put me under, and hit me with the paddles to regain a regular heart rythem. Very scary, and I was alone, and had to get myself to the emergency at the time. I can tell you the biggest contributing factor to what he experienced was stress. I'm glad for him that he was surrounded by good people, and that he got the attention he needed, and is going to be OK. Give him my best. and to Little Thunder, and you, too, of course. :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks to everyone !!! Jim is resting comfortably. He misses being on the board. He will be back soon. He says hello. He is already planning for next year, but at a slower pace. Like he said today, I have a full year to get ready instead of just 3 1/2 weeks. Also if anyone has any pics of the boat, please post !!!
Thanks,
Mrs ST

LVjetboy
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Thunder, your posts spark interest in this forum and jet boats. Passion. IMO that's what it's all about... Looking forward to your recovery and good health.
Take care,
jer

MAXIMUS
10-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Guys anybody talking shiat to Jim & his team, better have been out there racing & making an effort! There are those in life that step up & do & those that sit back & watch the doers! Jim stepped up & gave it one hell of an effort! I watched him drive & was very impressed of his conservitive approach to a very long race! For all those that ran jets, "WE SALUTE YOU" ! Next year my amigos lets rock that friggen beach! :crossx:

MAXIMUS
10-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Tyson it was good meeting you bro! Take care & see you guys soon. Guru you sounded taller on the radio! :D I wish we had more time to have a cocktail & chew the fat! I really enjoyed putting faces with some of you fellas. FourQ & Futs good seeing you both! Thanks for coming by & hope to see you at the next one! :)
Squeezing Spectra it was nice to meet you, & Super squid with the lead foot ;) thank you for your service with the plumbing & good luck to you both for next year! That Spectra is just plain lethal!
:220v:

MAXIMUS
10-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Maximus must be revelling in the win (being closer to the bottle than the computer screen). I they have the overall win, rightfully so! We'll hear soon enough. :D
No no no not me! :D Mike it was an emotional victory for myself & my friends! At 68 yrs of age Grich can add that to his resume. Phil & myself have watched many enduros together from his dock & never imagined that we would be out there competing much less winning the whole enchilada. We worked our asses off on that boat & made a few sacrafices here & there. I wish my daughters were with us at the end... I just wanted to go home & see my kids & tell them about the weekend! I will race the parker enduro until the demise of myself or it!

Squeezing Spectra
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Maximus it was great meeting you and your crew damn good job you guys did and we will be back i think dave had a little too much fun out there and hopefully no more bad luck. LOL Bruce

lucky
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
I hope your doing well Jim- at least you had nine laps of fun and supported the cause - ( i believe you could have took maxi pad anyways ) lol

MAXIMUS
10-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I hope your doing well Jim- at least you had nine laps of fun and supported the cause - ( i believe you could have took maxi pad anyways ) lol
Biatch! :coffeycup :notam:

superdave013
10-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Guys anybody talking shiat to Jim & his team, better have been out there racing & making an effort! There are those in life that step up & do & those that sit back & watch the doers! Jim stepped up & gave it one hell of an effort! I watched him drive & was very impressed of his conservitive approach to a very long race! For all those that ran jets, "WE SALUTE YOU" ! Next year my amigos lets rock that friggen beach! :crossx:
Well said!

superdave013
10-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Tyson it was good meeting you bro! Take care & see you guys soon. Guru you sounded taller on the radio! :D I wish we had more time to have a cocktail & chew the fat! I really enjoyed putting faces with some of you fellas. FourQ & Futs good seeing you both! Thanks for coming by & hope to see you at the next one! :)
Squeezing Spectra it was nice to meet you, & Super squid with the lead foot ;) thank you for your service with the plumbing & good luck to you both for next year! That Spectra is just plain lethal!
:220v:
lead foot? Heck, I never really got in the throttle. We are already planing a new bullet that hopefully will go the distance.

hack job
10-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Maxi, it was great to meet you and i want to thank you very much ! with out you bud this thing would never have happened. thank you very much! i know you guys put in your homework and made it home first! we now know what its going to take to make this happen and i pretty sure we got you next year . lol
superdave it was blast seeing you run that big bus down the track. gald you guys gave it your all( bruce this gose for your whole team)
Jim we have had our issues in the past, and iam sure they will happen again. but iam glad to see you make it out there and give it your all .hope all is good. and we will see you next year no dobut.
to those that want to talk trash step up next year then you have some room to say some thing. otherwise :sleeping:

jackpunx
10-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Here is some great pics of the race taken by STVKeith
link (http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/05/bw300/index.htm)

MAXIMUS
10-11-2005, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=hack job]Maxi, it was great to meet you and i want to thank you very much ! with out you bud this thing would never have happened. thank you very much! i know you guys put in your homework and made it home first! we now know what its going to take to make this happen and i pretty sure we got you next year . lol
I don't doubt that Tyson, I am thinking that our luck couln't ever be that good again! :cry: Your boat is beautiful! I am sorry Chris couldn't be there, however a new child is way more special! :)

Sleek-Jet
10-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear Jim is doing OK and that he was on the beach when everything went south... Sounds like he was sailing under a lucky star. Here's to a fast recovery.
I'm thinking he might want to change his signature though. :notam:

hack job
10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't doubt that Tyson, I am thinking that our luck couln't ever be that good again! :cry: Your boat is beautiful! I am sorry Chris couldn't be there, however a new child is way more special! :)
Ben,
I know that your boat will be a runner again next year. ( BY THE WAY THAT THING IS AWESOME) iam not saing we were going to win but damn we would have been top ten aleast!!!. and my niece is a blessing for sure. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I want to thank everyone that helped us out !!!
We had a good plan but even the best plans have snags.
Our biggest problem of this whole deal was I started too late.
I also want to thank all of you here on HB for the kind words !!!
They think that I am fine right now and are unsure what or why this happend.
I am going back tomarrow for more tests. They are being very thurrow. They are not leaving a single vain untouched. So far the only thing they have found was that my potasium is low.
I know one thing forsure is that my team, Code Blue Racing was the best on the river. We worked hard. Team Shocker comes in a very close second and The Short Bus crew are great also. Amanda I still think I earned that bikini top of yours !!! I will trade you for a CBR T-Shirt !!! Bruce, Squezzing Spectra thank you for your help. Jason and Bill I owe you guys big time. I think I will have you guys do the Nov. driving duties for me. That is right !!! In Nov. the SCSC is having there season opener.

Nucking futs
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Congrats Maxi on the win,boat looked good all day.Your hard worked paid off BIG !!
Hacker, You and Tony made that boat look good out there and it was doing great.
Squirtin Jim, Dude, all I can say is Great Job !! I saw you in the pits at 6:30am doing everything that still needed to get done. I asked you in the morning if you were going to make it and you told me " We will be out there" And you were. Your boat looked really nice out there.
Bruce , Super Dave, All i can say is Shiat !!! that thing was flying !!! Dave can Definatly wheel a V-Drive. I think you guys should step it up a few Divisions. :D
I would like to thank Rich Enoch for the oppertunity to drive his boat. I had the time of my life out there. Rich Handed the boat over to me at about lap 10. He was running about a 5.1/2 min. lap times at about 47 MPH and was in the top half overall. We lost the pump brg about lap 15 so we limped it in and checked a few things and went back out and i didnt want to hurt it anymore so I trailered it at lap 17 or 18. We were the slowest but we had a blast doing it !!!!!!!
I can't wait to do it again and would say WE need a Jet only class !!!!! There were 4 jets out there running and we need more. Don't knock it Till you try it!!!!!
Tim

SK48
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I had a great day driving a Jet boat Saturday. I used to circle race them
in the 70's & 80's, and have been in v-drives for about 15 years.
Some of my friends brought the old comp jet down from Idaho for
the enduro. I drove the second hour and really enjoyed it. We had
so much fun, we are making plans to do it again next year.
I think the best thing about this enduro was the classes, & rules.
A lot more first time racers or old racers were involved. It was more
relaxed not having 20 F1 outboards going by us at 120 m.p.h.

superdave013
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I can't wait to do it again and would say WE need a Jet only class !!!!! There were 4 jets out there running and we need more. Don't knock it Till you try it!!!!!
Tim
Tim, You have to admit that div 2 was pretty bad ass. racing with that 5 liter Hydro/tunnel thing was to cool. Running with K17 was cool too. I hope they don't change anything about div 2. And plus the jet vs v drive thing could get real fun next year too. :boxingguy :2purples: :boxingguy

lilrick
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
i'm in!!!!!

steelcomp
10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I think I know what I'm doing with my 19' Spectra v-dr, now. :D :crossx:

MAXIMUS
10-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Tim, You have to admit that div 2 was pretty bad ass. racing with that 5 liter Hydro/tunnel thing was to cool. Running with K17 was cool too. I hope they don't change anything about div 2. And plus the jet vs v drive thing could get real fun next year too. :boxingguy :2purples: :boxingguy
Maybe they could just lower the cubic inch limit down a touch! :idea: What do you think Daaaaaveeeee.... :notam: :D

old rigger
10-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Hey futs,
I was wanting to ask you if there was any difference you could feel in driving that jet with the twin rudder set up as compared to a more traditional jet?
I would like to thank Rich Enoch for the oppertunity to drive his boat. I had the time of my life out there. Rich Handed the boat over to me at about lap 10. He was running about a 5.1/2 min. lap times at about 47 MPH and was in the top half overall. We lost the pump brg about lap 15 so we limped it in and checked a few things and went back out and i didnt want to hurt it anymore so I trailered it at lap 17 or 18. We were the slowest but we had a blast doing it !!!!!!!
Tim

superdave013
10-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Maybe they could just lower the cubic inch limit down a touch! :idea: What do you think Daaaaaveeeee.... :notam: :D
I think 510 is pretty good. What ever it is lets get if figured out now seeing as we are starting from scratch.
I will say that next year we will have our act together better. This was a last minute idea to run the bus. Next year we'll be ready and if anyone wants to pump the engine to check be our guest.

flat broke
10-12-2005, 10:42 AM
As long as you don't bring it down below 501, I'd say do whatever you guys want. I have a sneaking suspiscion there will be some powerplant and rigging changes made in the next 11 months based solely upon last weekend's events :)
Chris

MAXIMUS
10-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I think the current 510 is cool! Even a little bigger if it means slipping in some of those already above! :idea:

Nucking futs
10-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey futs,
I was wanting to ask you if there was any difference you could feel in driving that jet with the twin rudder set up as compared to a more traditional jet?
Rich, That boat is a handfull if your not paying attention. It turns hard, I mean HARD !!! Boat tracks straight as an arrow and handles the chop rather well. You turn the steering wheel a 1/2 inch and it wants to move fast. It was a blast to drive and i can see it worked real well with a locked out nozzle. the Boat overall was a dog, I thing the pump was shot when we got there and if he decides to race it again im in for sure. It was only running on 7 cyl. the first few laps and the secondaries floats were way to high. After the first lap in it I could tell it wasnt right so we trailered it and did some quick maintinance and then it ran really well untill the pump all but gave up.
Time to save up and get me a new race boat....... :D
Im hooked for sure.
Tim

old rigger
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Time to save up and get me a new race boat....... :D Im hooked for sure.
Tim
Duh, it's in your blood anyway. lol
thanks for the driving report. That set up looks pretty cool.