PDA

View Full Version : SS fliped at Irvine

ColeTR2
10-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Rankin fliped the yellow Carbon Fiber SS boat. He walk to the car to go to the hospital, he said his sholder was hurting. The boat is totaled and the motor came out of the boat and is still in the lake. Get well soon!

dmontzsta
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Just got off the phone with Shawn. He said he went diving for it, but could not find it. Sucks to hear, sounds like it was a bad day for a few people.

flattie
10-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Was that the ss-80 boat ?

LakesOnly
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I know all about getting spit out and experiencing shoulder pain. Happened to me about six weeks ago and the surgeon put seven screws and a plate into my collar bone. Hope the driver fairs well in the big picture of things.
Sorry to hear about the loss of boat & powerplant (I didn't have that misfortune when I got tossed). I'd think the motor will be recovered.
LO

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Just got off the phone with Shawn. He said he went diving for it, but could not find it. Sucks to hear, sounds like it was a bad day for a few people.
yes it was a sad deal to leave there knowing that Phill and myself couldn't locate the engine.... it is in 35ft of water and the visibility is about 6 inches we couldnt see shit it was total darkness down there the only way we could have found it was to trip over it.......... also the k-5 blew the engine spit a rod from what i seen and tony said.. the k-69 looked to have a few engine problems as well oil all over the bilge on a good note the search is still ongoing for the engine with sonar. I told Gordy to call me and ill go down and get it if and when they find it......

GofastRacer
10-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Wow that sucks sorry to hear that, best wishes for a speedy recovery!..

Rexone
10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Glad no one was hurt seriously. Hardware can be replaced even though it's sad when things go south.

dmontzsta
10-10-2005, 06:08 PM
yes it was a sad deal to leave there knowing that Phill and myself couldn't locate the engine.... it is in 35ft of water and the visibility is about 6 inches we couldnt see shit it was total darkness down there the only way we could have found it was to trip over it.......... also the k-5 blew the engine spit a rod from what i seen and tony said.. the k-69 looked to have a few engine problems as well oil all over the bilge on a good note the search is still ongoing for the engine with sonar. I told Gordy to call me and ill go down and get it if and when they find it......
Sucks! You can tell the season is slowing down.

wsuwrhr
10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Hope Dave is OK.
Brian

FlatStupid
10-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Hope Dave is OK.
BrianI heard Ty Newton was shoeing the boat! Possibly separated his shoulder. :(

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-10-2005, 06:54 PM
I heard Ty Newton was shoeing the boat! Possibly separated his shoulder. :(
yes Ty was driving it... heard 2 storys as to what was wrong with him so im not gana say...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Ty seperated his shoulder and was back at the lake a few hours later.

ColeTR2
10-10-2005, 07:45 PM
That's Great news!!

ssmike
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
JG - Who bought the Hughes boat? Less motor? :D

wsuwrhr
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I heard Ty Newton was shoeing the boat! Possibly separated his shoulder. :(
The first post:
Rankin fliped the yellow Carbon Fiber SS boat.
Well whoever was driving, I hope they are OK.
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
JG - Who bought the Hughes boat? Less motor? :D
Don't try and hijack the thread, you live 5 minutes away and didn't show up! Whats up with that? (Dont answer that in this thread) :hammerhea
JG

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
The first post:
Rankin fliped the yellow Carbon Fiber SS boat.
Well whoever was driving, I hope they are OK.
Brian
I hope you're ok :devil:

DAVEY B
10-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Glad to hear Ty is ok!! :D does anyone know what happened?
Thanks Jerry for the dvd how much do i owe?

lucky
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
rankins team will put it all back together -- :D Gald EVERYONE IS Alive and I wish the team my best --

BILLY.B
10-11-2005, 06:12 AM
Glad to hear Ty is ok!! :D does anyone know what happened?
Thanks Jerry for the dvd how much do i owe?Two seats. Metalflake silver with a rootbeer bead and I think a K-32 stiched in there somewhere. Should be no problem for a boy of you talents. :rollside: :rollside:

ColeTR2
10-11-2005, 07:16 AM
I have never met Ty. I just hear people saying Rankin's boat crashed. I'm glad Ty is OK! I enjoyed watching him drive the K-69. I saw the crash from a stright on view, It didn't happen in the corner. He just started going stright 50 yards out of the corner and the boat lifted just a little and then just slamed over like the prop grabed hard.

wsuwrhr
10-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Im fine, thanks
Brian

uclahater
10-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Glad to here Ty's OK thats the most important thing :idea: Dave sorry about the boat,but we all know you can fix anything!!!!

CircleJerk
10-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Always sad to hear of anyones crash. Just glad there were no serious injuries, I know of a similar shoulder problem that sidelined one of our guys. He hit the header on his way out during a mild spin out!

Cs19
10-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear about this, but glad to hear hes allright and was back at the lake that same day.
That boat was trick, I checked it out in San Diego.. :supp:

Jetboatguru
10-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Glad Ty is OK. He was hauling the mail in the K boat. Thanks for the lift to Parker Dave and thanks for helping me with storing my boat and the trip the airport.
Tony