PDA

View Full Version : Trailers *West Coast*

paradigm shift
10-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Looking for some help with a trailer for a 29' deep vee with a single engine. It will get dipped in salt so aluminum is preffered as I am tired of messing with paint. I would consider an open channel galvinized if the price was right. Want torsion bars - disc brakes set up for salt led lights pretty standard stuff now a days.
Checked with Extreme last year at the boat show and I do not think I can afford there gavinized painted set up. Very nice though.
Depending on the year I can tow up to 7,500 or 10,000 miles so I need a trailer with good bunks to support the boat.
I know it is not the usuall West coast trailer but I am looking for some recommendations for a possible West coast builder. I know there has to be some other than in Texas and Florida.
Thanks

soupersonic
10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
http://zieman.com/old/
they made a pacific trailer fit my current boat and did a great job , looks like they have several locations in Ca

nielly
10-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I recently bought an Extreme for my old jet boat. I was happy with their service and great craftsmanship. They offer some type of compound they put inside the trailer to keep it from rusting from the inside. I have a lake boat so it did get details.
http://www.extremetrailers.com/

Outnumbered
10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I have had great service at Extreme but I think Zeiman could get it done cheaper since price is an issue. PM "Riverdave", I remember him having a trailer built for his mini Schiada at Zeiman. They did a real nice job. I'm sure he can tell you who to talk to and which location to use for Zeiman.

Cat Skinner
10-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Call Sport Boat Trailers in Patterson, CA. Ask for Bob Keil. He is the owner. They build trailers for west coast Master Crafts. Quality and price are very good. CS

paradigm shift
10-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Thanks to all, keep em coming.
Boat sits on a Hoss which is now Zeiman. Nice trailer but the new one will not be tube unless it is sealed 100% and pressurized to keep salt water out.

Quality Time
10-11-2005, 07:48 AM
ABtrailers.com. Only company in the area (So Cal) making Aluminum Trailers.

DeltaSigBoater
10-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Have you conisdered a galvanized trailer by PACIFIC TRAILERS (http://www.pacifictrailers.com)?

Quality Time
10-11-2005, 08:24 AM
If you plan on using it in the salt, Aluminum is the way to go. I have seen rusted galvanized trailers. I have an aluminum, just rinse and go. It has tosions, aluminum wheels and SS discs. It does not have the led's (yet!). It may not be the most stylish trailer compared to painted steel, but galvanized tailers look worse IMHO.

79Challenger
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Have you conisdered a galvanized trailer by PACIFIC TRAILERS (http://www.pacifictrailers.com)?
I used to build for Pacific. Both galv. and painted trailers are pretty nice. And the price is very reasonable. Besides, Chino ia about as local as you can get.

h2ospdskir
10-11-2005, 09:32 AM
ask for brian 661 286 9997

a catered life
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
ask for brian 661 286 9997
ditto this will be your last call and ask for allen... brian is in and out to much but this is one dam great shop intertech mfg........dam great price and awesome work

soupersonic
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks to all, keep em coming.
Boat sits on a Hoss which is now Zeiman. Nice trailer but the new one will not be tube unless it is sealed 100% and pressurized to keep salt water out.
Mine is a pacific and its pressurized,zieman worked on it to make it fit my boat so im sure they can build one. It was originally for a 38' boat and they made it fit my 35'. They did a great job , i would recommend them to anyone.

Beer-30
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
everyone has their fav brand, but I am really impressed with my Zieman. Very well built and maint free. I am sure they would build whatever you want for 2/3 of an Extreme.

tamalewagon
10-11-2005, 11:33 AM
You should pm EVO22. He builds trailers and comes highly referred. For that, I can also state that Bre speaks highly of him which is where I got the referral. Good luck.

79Challenger
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Mine is a pacific and its pressurized,zieman worked on it to make it fit my boat so im sure they can build one. It was originally for a 38' boat and they made it fit my 35'. They did a great job , i would recommend them to anyone.
I probably built that trailer. We did alot of the pressurized rigs for Dick Simon Marine.

paradigm shift
10-11-2005, 04:55 PM
If you plan on using it in the salt, Aluminum is the way to go. I have seen rusted galvanized trailers. I have an aluminum, just rinse and go. It has tosions, aluminum wheels and SS discs. It does not have the led's (yet!). It may not be the most stylish trailer compared to painted steel, but galvanized tailers look worse IMHO.
That is exactly what I have been thinking and researching for a while. I really like the look of a tube trailer but I am after durability and easy maintenance now. Tired of fighting rocks dings – rust. Will not see the salt much but it only takes once!
Thanks for all the options. Now I have to make some calls. :rollside:

timewarp
10-11-2005, 08:25 PM
There was a company called West Coast Trailers that was at the SCOPE Poker run, they had a bunch of nice looking aluminum trailers. Might be worth looking into, prices seemed reasonable.
Caleb

Outnumbered
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Here, this may be of some help:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43618&highlight=bubbles+trailer

Dusty Times
10-12-2005, 03:25 AM
I probably built that trailer. We did alot of the pressurized rigs for Dick Simon Marine.
Do you work for Pacific?
I have a Pacific and have some questions if you do?

Bre
10-12-2005, 08:01 AM
You should pm EVO22. He builds trailers and comes highly referred. For that, I can also state that Bre speaks highly of him which is where I got the referral. Good luck.
Yes use Intertech. :cool:

79Challenger
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Do you work for Pacific?
I have a Pacific and have some questions if you do?
I used to. I was there for about 3 years. Spent the last 1 1/2 as lead welder for the painted division. I may be able to answer some questions.

paradigm shift
10-12-2005, 05:25 PM
There was a company called West Coast Trailers that was at the SCOPE Poker run, they had a bunch of nice looking aluminum trailers. Might be worth looking into, prices seemed reasonable.
Caleb
Thanks Caleb, http://www.abtrailers.com/201.html
Took a little looking but I think this is the one you are talking about. They do aluminum for anyone else looking.
I will be looking in to most all of the MFG suggestions so thank you all.
Andy

craiginlaverne
10-16-2005, 06:03 PM
79 challenger, i work at pacific. been ther for a while. how long ago did you work there? as for that guy looking for alum. trailers. sure the frame resist rust, but what about the rest of the trailer? not to mention, they FLOAT in the water!! good luck loading your boat when that happens. also after a couple of years they BEND!! we build trailers for people who once had alum trailers. you should see the frame after we off load the boat. they dont care what happens to their alum trailer after they trade it in to us. you should see those tailers go down the road with a pretty good size deep v boat on it. they actually flex so much, that it looks like the whole thing will start to leave the ground, even with the torsion axle. we do torsion axles also. give us a call 909 902 0094. chances are, we have the pattern for your boat, so we wouldent need it to build your trailer. we will also load the boat for you and make any adjustments right there..if needed. we also put LED'S standard on our trailers. not those square or round pieces of shiat lights!! good luck on your quest!! :hammerhea

CAHotRodBoy
10-16-2005, 07:04 PM
http://www.westcoasttrailers.com/
Ask for Wayne. Good guy. I got a aluminum trailer for my Cigarette from him.

79Challenger
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
79 challenger, i work at pacific. been ther for a while. how long ago did you work there? as for that guy looking for alum. trailers. sure the frame resist rust, but what about the rest of the trailer? not to mention, they FLOAT in the water!! good luck loading your boat when that happens. also after a couple of years they BEND!! we build trailers for people who once had alum trailers. you should see the frame after we off load the boat. they dont care what happens to their alum trailer after they trade it in to us. you should see those tailers go down the road with a pretty good size deep v boat on it. they actually flex so much, that it looks like the whole thing will start to leave the ground, even with the torsion axle. we do torsion axles also. give us a call 909 902 0094. chances are, we have the pattern for your boat, so we wouldent need it to build your trailer. we will also load the boat for you and make any adjustments right there..if needed. we also put LED'S standard on our trailers. not those square or round pieces of shiat lights!! good luck on your quest!! :hammerhea
I worked there a few years back. Damn, more like 5 or so. Tell Dale, Ernie, and Mike that Jason said whats up. They might not have the best things to say about me, but oh well. At one point, well after I had left, Roger considered me competition! I built 15 or so trailers on my own, didn't fly as a busniess though. Wher are you at in the shop? I may be running my boat and trailer down. I need the trailer painted.

craiginlaverne
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
79 challenger..........i drive mostly. i like it becaues i get out of the shop. you know how it can get. too much drama for me. i believe i remember you. did you have a white chevy truck? i had a white chevy truck at the time you worked there. can you believe these guys actually wanting an alum. trailer? i like how somebody called them maintenance free. yea right!!! :220v: later dude!!