Static Films
10-10-2005, 09:19 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Coryspics24/ss80crash0022.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Coryspics24/ss80crash0012.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Coryspics24/ss80crash0102.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Coryspics24/ss80crash0112.jpg

FlatStupid
10-11-2005, 05:24 AM
Sorry about the crappy luck Dave! Glad to hear Ty's in good shape.

BILLY.B
10-11-2005, 06:05 AM
That truley sucks Dave. Ty came out of it semi ok from what I heard so thats the important deal. But what ashame to have not only a good looking boat but a top contender week in and week out destroyed. Any luck on the finding the engine?. :cry: :cry:...PS, I do know that Tony and Jeff Brock???? were seen renting some scuba equipment last night so if you don't find that engine you might try one of there garage's. Just trying to help a buddy out :D .

dmontzsta
10-11-2005, 06:13 AM
:sad: Sucks to see that beautiful B Boat like that. I am VERY sorry to hear about what happened Dave, but glad nobody was hurt.

Kurtis500
10-11-2005, 07:40 AM
OUCH! Thats a very nice boat. I cant imagine what its like to look at your boat when its in that condition. :(

olbiezer
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
sorry to hear about your boat and hope everyone is ok........what happened to make it crash? anyone figured that out yet?

Static Films
10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Update:: We located the Motor Today. GOing to pull it up soon

Morg
10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Dave,
So sorry to here about the boat. Glad Ty is ok, but just a little sick to see the boat tore up.
If you need divers say the word & I can get myself & a couple from Reno to come down & search. Let me know.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Dave i heard you called clyde for my # to go dive and get the engine but i never got the call... give me a shout if you need help...

Tahiti350
10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Not trying to stir things up, justs asking a question out of ignorance...
Can/should a hull torn up like this be fixed? From the picture most of the damage "appears" to be to the gunwales, but if severe enough to tear the engine out I'm sure there is other damage. What, besides cost, would be the deciding factor on deciding whether to fix or to replace the hull?
Also, what is the bar shown in the last picture? Looks like it would be a hazard to the driver if the side that is still conected is in the original location. I wouldn't want something poking me in the head, especially in as severe of an incident as this.
Glad it was ony money that was lost, best of luck on getting back on the water soon.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
from what i know of glass it is not repairable ( to make it safe enough to run again) this being carbon and knowing its laminating properties i don't think its savable
also if you look close enough the whole top was riped off from the deck back

BA Kurtis
10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
ss-80
Sorry about your boat that was a beauty, glad to here no one was hurt and you found your motor.

Wildchild80
10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Thank you to all who helped me get my stuff back. Gordt and I took the motor apart tonight everything looks pretty good, So all is not lost. The best news is that Ty is okay.
Wild Child II is going to be even better yet!!!!!!
Thanks again,
David Rankin

Hallett
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Thats great news i don't know how it could be any better but i know
you will find away. will you make the world finals or is it to early to tell.
it would not be the same without you guys there. thank god know one
was hurt. please keep us posted. ;)

WaterBox
10-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Not trying to stir things up, justs asking a question out of ignorance...
Can/should a hull torn up like this be fixed? From the picture most of the damage "appears" to be to the gunwales, but if severe enough to tear the engine out I'm sure there is other damage. What, besides cost, would be the deciding factor on deciding whether to fix or to replace the hull?
Also, what is the bar shown in the last picture? Looks like it would be a hazard to the driver if the side that is still conected is in the original location. I wouldn't want something poking me in the head, especially in as severe of an incident as this.
Glad it was ony money that was lost, best of luck on getting back on the water soon.
That would be a top support for the dry sump oil tank, The loose end was probably hooked to a bracket that was on the front of the engine, or maybe a bracket commimg of the stringer under the seat.

Terminal Velocity
10-13-2005, 12:17 PM
That would be a top support for the dry sump oil tank, The loose end was probably hooked to a bracket that was on the front of the engine, or maybe a bracket commimg of the stringer under the seat.
Small correction, can't run dry sump oiling system in super stock, it's actually a cool can for the fuel. And i've seen how cold Dave's getting the fuel, at Burley his intake manifold was sweating, almost as much as someone running methanol :crossx:
The mount would be the same as WaterBox said if it were indeed a drysump tank. That is how mine was mounted with the Pro Stock engine.

WaterBox
10-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Small correction, can't run dry sump oiling system in super stock, it's actually a cool can for the fuel. And i've seen how cold Dave's getting the fuel, at Burley his intake manifold was sweating, almost as much as someone running methanol :crossx:
The mount would be the same as WaterBox said if it were indeed a drysump tank. That is how mine was mounted with the Pro Stock engine.
Thank's for keeping me straight Jimmy :wink: Might be a good place to keep a cold one!

Wildchild80
10-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Thats great news i don't know how it could be any better but i know
you will find away. will you make the world finals or is it to early to tell.
it would not be the same without you guys there. thank god know one
was hurt. please keep us posted. ;)
We will be at the World Finals we have had a lot of offers from other teams wanting to loan me their spare boats NOW TELL ME WHAT OTHER SPORT WOULD MAKE THIS OFFER TO THEIR COMPETITION BOAT RACERS ARE THE BEST END OF STORY!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
10-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Dave, if you need a boat, my DCB is yours to run in Phoenix. I realize that I would be loaning you the winning boat but I would rather race you and lose than to not have you out there at all. :D

ColeTR2
10-14-2005, 06:56 AM
We will be at the World Finals we have had a lot of offers from other teams wanting to loan me their spare boats NOW TELL ME WHAT OTHER SPORT WOULD MAKE THIS OFFER TO THEIR COMPETITION BOAT RACERS ARE THE BEST END OF STORY!!!!!!!
Dave, if you need a boat, my DCB is yours to run in Phoenix. I realize that I would be loaning you the winning boat but I would rather race you and lose than to not have you out there at all. :D
Very Cool!!

Wildchild80
10-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks Tony I appreciate your generocity but I am highly allergic to 2 stroke oil

Jordy
10-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks Tony I appreciate your generocity but I am highly allergic to 2 stroke oil
:D :D :D

wsuwrhr
10-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Ive got a sweet Anthony boat that you can borrow. If you dont mind the Pentastars on the seats.
Brian

lucky
10-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Thank you to all who helped me get my stuff back. Gordt and I took the motor apart tonight everything looks pretty good, So all is not lost. The best news is that Ty is okay.
Wild Child II is going to be even better yet!!!!!!
Thanks again,
David Rankin
My favorite ss boat is STILL The wild child , Thanks for keeping her alive

Jetboatguru
10-15-2005, 06:12 AM
My favorite ss boat is STILL The wild child , Thanks for keeping her alive
Slurp slurp gulp swallow.

TRG
10-15-2005, 08:13 AM
i need one of those lil' yellow heads falling over in laughter to insert here right after tonys post! LMFAO!

lucky
10-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Slurp slurp gulp swallow.
you know it buddy :D