PDA

View Full Version : Stereo help in my jetboat

Danhercules
05-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Well, I just got a killer B-day present.
A complete stereo for my boat. Two amps, CD changer, head unit, crossovers, two 10'', four 6'' and two tweeters. All Pioneer stuff.
I have no clue how it goes together. Its all used, but good stuff.
I can install a deck and speakers, but thats about it.
Anyone wanna drink some beer on a weekend and a heck of a steak dinner? Hell, even a little surf and turf.

502 JET
05-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Sure sounds great!!If your up for the long tow I am game.LOL J/K

OldYeller
05-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Stereos are not the mystery that most people think that they are. The stereo in my boat is currently at 10,000 watts. The biggest trick to to watch the resistance of the speakers if you are going to put mor that one per channel. I cant be there to help out, but if you run into any questions, I'll do my best to help out.

Hustler
05-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Dan, just take it to Wired for Sound in Temecula. They will not disapoint you on how good of an install they do.

flat broke
05-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Dan,
If this wasn't mother's day weekend, I'd be down to come on out and help. You know where we'll be next weekend so that won't work, but if you can put it off til the weekend after that, I think we could manage to get out there and help ya out.
One thing you'll have to do before you start workin on a Saturday is figgure out where you want the amps and subs located. The larger gauge wire you'll need for power for the amps and for speaker leads for the subs typically isn't found at Best Buy. You'll need to know how much you need and have it on hand before you start. Decent speaker wire can be had more easily, but if you can avoid the retail chain stores on that, you'll probably do better on price. Your gonna laugh when you realize that your "free" stereo system ends up costing you way over a hondo in wire ;)
Talk to you later and let Ty and I know if you can wait til we're free,
Chris

Aluminum Squirt
05-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Dan, there's actually a stereo forum here on HB. Who knew? I thought all there was was just jets until a few weeks ago. Anyway, I think there are a couple of guys over there that sell stereo stuff (components as well as wires etc) as a little side business, they may be able to hook you up-Aluminum Squirt

Danhercules
05-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Your gonna laugh when you realize that your "free" stereo system ends up costing you way over a hondo in wire ;)
Who ever said it was free? LOL It was a B-day present. I hate when presents cost me money. LOL :p
I did get some large power wire with it too.

hack job
05-11-2006, 09:00 AM
dan i see how it is i get my stereo in and then you have to try and out do me lol. :p i have some heavy guage wire if you need some more.

Jordy
05-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I guess if you can't be fast you may as well have something to listen to, huh??? :D :D :D
Just take it down to WFS and have Adam and his crew work their magic on it. You won't be disappointed with their work. ;)