PDA

View Full Version : Glory of Christmas

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 08:07 AM
The tickets are now on sale, and if you hurry you can get discounted tickets for a few shows. the Regular price maxes out at $40.00 however, I was able to get tickets for a discount show on December 1st for only $18.00, they are doing a few different nights for the discount amount, but if your interested, better check soon...

JackieV
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I am so excited to decorate for Christmas!
Never been to see the Glory of Christmas, but I know I'd love too.
Thanks for the info!

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I have never been either, however one of the girls here at work has been a couple times and says it's well worth it, bought the tickets for my son's Birthday Present.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-11-2005, 02:02 PM
We went a couple of years ago. I was actually a little disappointed. Its very cool but I was expecting more of a play and less of an opera. But one of the animals pooped on stage and one of the actors stepped in it. :D :squiggle: :D

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 02:04 PM
We went a couple of years ago. I was actually a little disappointed. Its very cool but I was expecting more of a play and less of an opera. But one of the animals pooped on stage and one of the actors stepped in it. :D :squiggle: :D
Yuck,. I did not realize it was an opera, darn, I thought it was a play (performance) as well. Hope I don't leave too disapointed,(thank goodness I did not spend full price on the tickets)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, its neato but there is ALOT of singing. I think its definately worth seeing.

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, its neato but there is ALOT of singing. I think its definately worth seeing.
Oh good, I feel better now. Thanks. I figured it was a good age to take the boy, and treat myself to something new that we had not done before.

JackieV
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
I enjoy this kinda stuff. My Dad always has tickets for the latest plays and concerts. I only regret not going to more when I was between the ages of 18-23 years old. ( I was enjoying my partying at that time.) My dad would invite me out alot but I never really went.
Now I just love anything he and I go too!
I'm definately going to see if he can get tickets to this show...I want to at least see it once in my life. :)

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
I wanted to start exposing myself and my son to new things. We have a camping membership which he loves to use. And now I want to start taking him to "age appropriate" shows, just out to experience the world a bit. I have started a savings plan so that next year, we can rent a cabin up in big bear or arrowhead for a couple nights during the snow season so that he can see what its like to do that.

JackieV
10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I wanted to start exposing myself and my son to new things. We have a camping membership which he loves to use. And now I want to start taking him to "age appropriate" shows, just out to experience the world a bit. I have started a savings plan so that next year, we can rent a cabin up in big bear or arrowhead for a couple nights during the snow season so that he can see what its like to do that.
That sounds fun! I'm sure he'll like that. How old is he?

MsDrmr
10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
That sounds fun! I'm sure he'll like that. How old is he?
He's 11 will be 12 in December, old enough to appreciate what the play is about, and still young enough to be impressed with the mechanics.
He has seen a couple "Disney on Ice" things and he loved those, so hopefully, he will enjoy that. The next thing is a Hockey game, I think he is going with a friend to Kings hockey game this year.

JackieV
10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
He's 11 will be 12 in December, old enough to appreciate what the play is about, and still young enough to be impressed with the mechanics.
He has seen a couple "Disney on Ice" things and he loved those, so hopefully, he will enjoy that. The next thing is a Hockey game, I think he is going with a friend to Kings hockey game this year.
Oh yeah! He'll enjoy it all. That's great.

XtrmWakeborder
10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I work there as an asst. electrician and fly the angels for the show "although i won't be this year because of time constraints." It's a pretty good show, but it's not an opera. This year i think they are doing something new with the angels because of creation early this summer. If you enjoy some singing theatre and ballet it's a pretty good show to go see.