PDA

View Full Version : I"M SO EXCITED, CHARGERS VS STEELERS

Not So Fast
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Nobody else excited about this game? :confused: I thought there were plenty of fans of these two teams on here!!! Come on now, this is a HUGE game for both teams and should be very entertaining to say the least. The Mighty Steelers playing the Boltz in Powder Blue, God Damn, I cant wait ! GO BOLTZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

89checkmate
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
GO Chargers !!!!!!
This is their come out game. Time to show what they can do.

Ralph Brunt
10-11-2005, 04:22 PM
we beat the pats last week and i was happy with that if we beat the steelers that will make my season ralph

Holland
10-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Got my money on the game....
Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!! :boxingguy

missboatnam1
10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
:p :p go chargers, im really excited...i think they are going to do well this year!! :rollside:

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I guess I'm the first to represent The Steelers. :D

Dawn Patrol
10-11-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm not a Charger Fan, but I really like the Powder Blue uniforms. Why don't they wear the throw backs all season?
Go Steelers..........

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
No touchy the man trying to catch the ballie.

Focker
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
i hope pitt beats the shit out of them
BRONCOS BABY

JetBoatRich
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Go Broncos :wink:
Wait, that was yesterday :cool:
watching the Angels on the main screen and the football on the other :wink:

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Nice start!! :D

Focker
10-11-2005, 05:54 PM
did ya see that touchdown
the sd player pulled the guy in
go BRONCOS :hammerhea

Dawn Patrol
10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
If they wore them all season, they wouldn't be throwbacks. They have to get approval from the league and the opposing team to wear their non-official uniforms.
Yeah, I know that. I just think the Sparklers should change their colors back.

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
One way or another...we'll get it. But these refs are making it tough.

JetBoatRich
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
The referees are just giving this game to Pittsburgh.
hate when they do that :jawdrop:
been watching/listening to the Angel game, what's up :jawdrop:

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
The referees are just giving this game to Pittsburgh.
Say wha??? Correction, the Chargers are giving the game to the Steelers and the refs are catching it. Not to be outdone, the Steelers are racking up a few of their own.

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Do you want to review those personal fouls? One of them for sure was a late "hit" or shove. Thats 30 yards in those alone. And Rushing yards... 19? Blame who? ;)

JetBoatRich
10-11-2005, 07:07 PM
have to make the catch :cool:

JetBoatRich
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Never mind the REF's gave S.D. the ball :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Flag happy ****ing refs!!! What a joke. Either side, rediculous!!!

Wet Dream
10-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, I'd love to stay up and see what happens, but at this rate its going to be 1 am here before the game is over. I'll have to check the replay tomorrow. Thats the only thing that sucks on the east coast when it comes to sports...Monday Night FootBall is so damn late. So its either sit here and watch this fiasco, or chase the wife around the bedroom.... HMMM ;)

Mrs.RoxySnow
10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Now that the Angels won! This game is getting good! :D ! Go Chargers!

Focker
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, I'd love to stay up and see what happens, but at this rate its going to be 1 am here before the game is over. I'll have to check the replay tomorrow. Thats the only thing that sucks on the east coast when it comes to sports...Monday Night FootBall is so damn late. So its either sit here and watch this fiasco, or chase the wife around the bedroom.... HMMM ;)
on behalf of all the Denver BRONCO fans I would like to think your team

Red Eye
10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Maybe the Chargers shouldn't have wore the pretty powder blue unis tonight, and then maybe they might have won. :cry:
GO RAIDERS!!!

Not So Fast
10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
HEARTBROKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown: NSF

STONE33
10-11-2005, 08:59 PM
:hammerhea STEELERS ALL THE WAY

MagicMtnDan
10-12-2005, 12:16 AM
* Walking through the parking lot I could tell it was Pittsburgh West - LOTS of Steelers fans everywhere! People were high-fiving me and yelling out to me when I walked past.
* Got to the parking lot later than I hoped (Qualcomm Stadium SUCKS - not enough parking, no off-site parking to speak of, etc., etc.) so I couldn't catch up with any of you listers. Wish I could have met you (especially Walter - thanks for the invite!).
* Once inside the stadium, walking around the outer "ring" going to my section, the roar of the Steelers fans became deafening - "Here we go Steelers here we go!!!" Of course the San Diego team gave away white rags the fans could wave in response to the Terrible Towels.
* I was telling people "the weather sure is nice - it must be 80 degrees here in Pittsburgh!" That was always good for a laugh.
* The game was great (but you know that). I haven't been to a game in a long time and we had nosebleed seats (Section 17, third row from the top) but it was very cool to see the whole field and watch the holes open up and then close quickly, watch the receivers run their routes - just take it all in. I realize now just how much we miss watching the games on TV and just how bad TV coverage is.
* It felt like the Steelers penalties were keeping San Diego's drives alive. The Qualcomm stadium folks only seemed to show replays quickly when it might help the Chargers. The screens (only two of them) looked smaller than my 65" big screen TV at home.
* Whenever it got quiet (whenever the stadium crew didn't start blasting music or DEE-FENSE over the speakers, we'd start up the "Here we go Steelers here we go! chants." The Terrible Towels were flying and we Steelers fans had a great time.
* I had a Chargers fan (a drunk one) take the seat next to mine (among a huge crowd of Steelers fans) as the second half started. He was drinking his beer and talking to me about why Shottenheimer doesn't run LD more and how small the Steelers look (he said they used to be big but now they're small), etc., etc. I just told him "scoreboard - check out the scoreboard!" but he wouldn't shut up. When the Chargers scored their 2nd FG he patted me on the neck and said something to him. I told him (expletives deleted) to keep his ****-******** hands off me repeatedly and got in his face. Finally the guy and gal Steelers fans who were sitting next to me came back and told him to move a seat away. I was very glad not to have to listen to him anymore.
* LD was held to less than 70 yards rushing. He did get his TD but the Steelers were all over him.
* The Steelers had lousy field position most of the game (all 1st half). They still played studly and the three-play touchdown drive was a thing of beauty. That drive and the way the Steelers handled the final drive for the game-winning FG were beautiful. The last drive reminded me of Tom Brady and the Pats killing the Steelers a couple weeks ago. It was especially sweet seeing them win after Ben went down.
* The post-game stadium exit was a lot of fun! Hearing all the Steelers fans chanting and cheering and high-fiving each other while the Chargers fans were griping about how they couldn't believe their team lost.
By the way, here's some interesting stuff:
Tomlinson was held to 62 yards on 18 carries. Brees threw his first interception in three games, which set up Bettis’ TD run.
“That was probably the best defense I’ve faced as far as the run game in my career,” Tomlinson said.
*The drive home could have been painful but it was instead a joyous trip up the 5 freeway talking about how much fun it was to see the Steelers win and all the Steelers faithful cheer their team on.
PS: The best thing I can say about the San Diego Chargers is their cheerleaders are very good looking - a LOT better than the Steelers' ;)
http://www.cheerleader.com/ChargerGirls/04/04Chargers1.jpg

Wet Dream
10-12-2005, 03:37 AM
It was nice waking up to the alarm clock this morning. I usually can't stand it when my wife decides to crank it up and blasts me out of bed, but this morning was different. I caught the last part of the morning news and as my head cleared, it was refreshing to hear "The 3 and 1 Steelers". :D

JetBoatRich
10-12-2005, 03:42 AM
looks like the Charges made a game of it :supp:

jbtrailerjim
10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Went to the game last night and watched my beloved Steelers pull out a win against the Bolts. Great game! I loved seeing all the Steeler fans there. I think it was almost a 50/50 split on the amount of fans for each team. Pretty pathetic if you were a Charger fan at the game. Qualcomm stadium is a joke. Parking is $17.00 and the parking lot is the biggest cluster f*ck I have ever been in. Good times though. Didn't get home till 1:30am and up at 5:00am. Damn, I'm tired. Gonna be a long day.

Focker
10-12-2005, 07:12 AM
ya baby, broncs 3-1 (first place} = :p - keyes
Broncos are 4 and 1
:rollside:

Red Eye
10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=MagicMtnDan
Tomlinson was held to 62 yards on 18 carries. Brees threw his first interception in three games, which set up Bettis’ TD run.
“That was probably the best defense I’ve faced as far as the run game in my career,” Tomlinson said.
[/QUOTE]
Didn't he say he was going to rush for the season record of 2,200 yards or something like that?

jbtrailerjim
10-12-2005, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=MagicMtnDan]
* I had a Chargers fan (a drunk one) take the seat next to mine (among a huge crowd of Steelers fans) as the second half started. He was drinking his beer and talking to me about why Shottenheimer doesn't run LD more and how small the Steelers look (he said they used to be big but now they're small), etc., etc. I just told him "scoreboard - check out the scoreboard!" but he wouldn't shut up. When the Chargers scored their 2nd FG he patted me on the neck and said something to him. I told him (expletives deleted) to keep his ****-******** hands off me repeatedly and got in his face. Finally the guy and gal Steelers fans who were sitting next to me came back and told him to move a seat away. I was very glad not to have to listen to him anymore.
[QUOTE=MagicMtnDan]
I had some drunk loud mouth Charger fan sitting next to me also. He was talking shit all game. It was great when Reed kicked the winning field goal and to see the look on this idiots face. :)