PDA

View Full Version : NJBA Nationals Oct 2005

Willis
10-11-2005, 08:28 PM
October 10, 2005
:argue:
Hello everyone,
It’ that time again, “NJBA Nationals”, the last race for 2005.
:messedup:
Do you have what it takes o be a “High Points Champion”? If you think so, come on down and “Watch the Lights”, let your “Hotrod” do the talking!!!!!
How many new players do we have??? :devil:
Willis

cyclone
10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm there!!! mine runs again and is almost ready for ya willis.

Willis
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Mike,
Come on down and Watch the Lights
See ya out there :supp:
Willis

cyclone
10-11-2005, 09:04 PM
yes sir. :)

Cs19
10-11-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm there, I'm hoping for some solid laps in the 9.0 class. :)
Those of you going testing, be careful.
I dont know of any new river racers as of now, anybody kicking the idea around?

Willis
10-12-2005, 05:49 AM
CS19,
:supp:
Any new River Racers?
All racing fields will be wide open next season if the "SandBagging" rule goes away and racers can run what they have in the brackets.
Just remember, the club is what you make it!
Willis

BAE_557
10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
I should be there if everything comes together.
Does the NJBA allow top fuel jets to run in the river racers?
Are there any restrictions on the superchargers or overdrive percentages for fueler jets?

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I should be there if everything comes together.
Does the NJBA allow top fuel jets to run in the river racers?
Are there any restrictions on the superchargers or overdrive percentages for fueler jets?
http://www.njbaracing.net/2005_njba_rulebook.pdf
As of right now ... the river racer class if designed for new racers ... I've been watching your build from a distance ... I guess you would be called a "new racer" as you haven't been racing with your boat before ...
You will have to pass tech though ... check out the link above and review the rule book with regards to BFJ's and supercharged engines ... that will get you going in the right direction ...

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 11:04 AM
something else to read up on ...
http://www.njbaracing.net/river_racer.php

billet racing
10-12-2005, 01:36 PM
I'll make it this time. Last run with the lake boat. Then she gets a back seat, covered engine and through hull exhaust. An honest 100 mph lake boat.
I beleive a few others from the Laid Back Boaters Association will be there as well. Some complaining about the joinin fee for one race. Come on, I paid my full membership fee, and only raced river race, twice.
Willis, I have the hots for running a blown alcohol. Negotiating on a motor at this time, need to find a hull. Wife's ready to divorce me.(J/K)
see you all there.
Jerry

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Jerry as in Jerry Francis?
Ron Fuentes & I have missed you out there ... we loved the twin turbo deal ... a quiet 100 mph boat! Wasn't it 101? all I know was that it is a big Daytona that's fast AND quiet!
Glad to hear that you're coming back out! Not glad to hear it might be your last time!
Brian

BAE_557
10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Willis, I have the hots for running a blown alcohol. Negotiating on a motor at this time, need to find a hull.
Jerry
I thought you bought or were going to buy that Mach 1 a few weeks back.

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Wait Jerry ... just re-read it (your post) ... glad to hear your thinking blown alcohol ... steppin' into my world ... you won't regret it! :)
Get a Kelvar Stealth for your hull ... call Tom Papp ... a lot of guys here are happy with them. They're light weight and strong enough for the blown alcohol deal ...
or ... there might be a Daytona going up here soon ... Brad (screamdream), is Ed getting rid of the yellow one?

cyclone
10-12-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll make it this time. Last run with the lake boat. Then she gets a back seat, covered engine and through hull exhaust. An honest 100 mph lake boat.
I beleive a few others from the Laid Back Boaters Association will be there as well. Some complaining about the joinin fee for one race. Come on, I paid my full membership fee, and only raced river race, twice.
Willis, I have the hots for running a blown alcohol. Negotiating on a motor at this time, need to find a hull. Wife's ready to divorce me.(J/K)
see you all there.
Jerry
I hear you on the membership thing. I a paid the full fee this year and only made one race so far. That's racing though i guess. :)

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah ... I guess I'll be there ... having to make some mods ... possibly to accelerator location ... but I'll be there ... :D

cyclone
10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
:D
you go twinkle toes!

fleetimus
10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
OK, I am duly chastised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I get some stuff done at home, I am going to try to bring the Condor down.

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 02:32 PM
you go twinkle toes!
:D :D :D
As a back up plan ... just spoke to a back up hired gun! It's on!

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 02:32 PM
OK, I am duly chastised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I get some stuff done at home, I am going to try to bring the Condor down.
I'm figurin' you got my PM ... glad to hear you're making it out.
Brian

BAE_557
10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I am going to try to bring the Condor down.
Hey Fleet, I am trying real hard to have mine done as well, we should hook up for the road trip south.

77charger
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I might try and make it out this time :D

BUSBY
10-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I might try and make it out this time :D
Alright! Another one! We want you guys back! First Jerry ... now Robert!
Anyone else? Come on now ... looking for all of those NJBA lurkers out there!
I heard Mikey B (Bad Meds) was coming out with his old Cole Hydro from up north ... any truth to that Mike?

flattie440
10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
BGF 440 will be there with tony driving my dad will be driving another BGF also..... looks like 6 to 7 boats in BGF should be fun!!! :D

77charger
10-12-2005, 05:00 PM
only going to watch brian.But might go again in march too

77charger
10-12-2005, 05:01 PM
BGF 440 will be there with tony driving my dad will be driving another BGF also..... looks like 6 to 7 boats in BGF should be fun!!! :D
does your dad still know how to drive?If not i can show him sometime soon :idea:

bp
10-12-2005, 05:56 PM
see you all there.
Jerry
it'll be good to see ya jerry!

Cs19
10-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Niiiice.Sounds like there are some boats coming.
Heard today 2 new DNE/MPD guys are rolling out to give it a bash, they are both sporting new engines and jet drives and are jumping right into the brackets and pro classes. Chris Braun will also be there this weekend with his 19 Daytona sporting a new nasty DNE engine in there, he was at the last race but had to leave on Sat. for a wedding, so he didnt get to actually race the boat.Also looks like Mikes "flaming ultra" will be back to run UBFJ and a bracket after a nasty NOS fireball at the last race.I'm not sure about Mares98, but last I heard he was coming back out. :cool: Talked to DJDplacecraft tonight, he said hes coming out to run BGJ and a bracket and his buddy Shaun who has a super quick 18 performance will be coming out for his first time.I'm not sure if hes planning on RR or brackets/class.Toddnjuzz mentioned he was wanting to run, but I know he had a hernia operation yesterday, so he may not be up to it.BGman203 wants to come run his injected flattie, but he is swamped with work and school, hes 50/50 right now. All the usuals will be out past the outramp as far as I know, not sure about Black Bear racing (Black Mamba) though.Come by and say whats up if you get a chance.
Anyways, thats my update.
CS

steelcomp
10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Heard today 2 new DNE/MPD guys are rolling out to give it a bash, they are both sporting new engines and jet drives and are jumping right into the brackets and pro classes. Chris Braun will also be there this weekend with his 19 Daytona sporting a new nasty DNE engine in there, he was at the last race but had to leave on Sat. for a wedding, so he didnt get to actually race the boat.Also looks like Mikes "flaming ultra" will be back to run UBFJ and a bracket after a nasty NOS fireball at the last race.I'm not sure about Mares98, but last I heard he was coming back out. :cool: Talked to DJDplacecraft tonight, he said hes coming out to run BGJ and a bracket and his buddy Shaun who has a super quick 18 performance will be coming out for his first time.I'm not sure if hes planning on RR or brackets/class.Toddnjuzz mentioned he was wanting to run, but I know he had a hernia operation yesterday, so he may not be up to it.BGman203 wants to come run his injected flattie, but he is swamped with work and school, hes 50/50 right now. All the usuals will be out past the outramp as far as I know, not sure about Black Bear racing (Black Mamba) though.Come by and say whats up if you get a chance.
CS
Chris, I'll be there Saturday to give you a hand in the pits if you need. I can get there Fri night. If you're going to be movin the motor around and stuff, you might need an extra.
Started on the intake this week. :D...sorry... no pics this time. ;)

Cs19
10-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh, you wanna play like that huh? :D
Yes we will be moving the engine in between rounds, probably could use the help.

77charger
10-12-2005, 08:32 PM
CS
i heard a rumor earlier this week that someone else is returning to the 1/4 mile as of now!.Defintely by next season. :D

Cs19
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah? Who might that be Robert?

77charger
10-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh yeah? Who might that be Robert?
just know it aint a jet boat :crossx: and will be runnin very hard. :wink:

TRG
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
My doctor let me know as of yesterday that im gonna shitz and fall back in it!
He does not think it will be a wise decision to race but i told him that i will be visiting him until the thurs before the 21st. still have to tie up a few things on the boat yet, but i should not have a problem getting her there!
gotta luv those drugs, but it kinda blows not being able to bend at the hafl way point! hernia's suck!

UBFJ #454
10-13-2005, 05:32 AM
The only Association that has the TFJ Class is the IHBA and they require the boat to have capsule ... If a boat doesn't have a capsule in it, It Is Not a TFJ'er and Can't Run in that Class. Actually the IHBA Class is TAF/TFJ so a TFJ would run with the Top Alky Flatties ... TAF/TFJ Being One of the Three Top Pro Classes on the IHBA National Circuit .....
So BAE 557, until you put a capsule in your boat what you have is a BFJ in the NJBA (IHBA doesn't have that Class) or, a non Pro Bracket Boat in the IHBA (in which you can't run any faster than 8 Seconds) ... You Don't Have A TFJ Boat and to say that you do is just simply B.S..
Re this year's NJBA Nationals ... If we're there, we're there ... If we're not, then we're not ... Mike & I'll decide whenever we decide ... We, The Whole Krewe, could use the T&T Time to set up for the World Finals and it would be good for Mike to get back into the seat and practice cutting His '.O' Lights ... We'll See ???

Cs19
10-13-2005, 07:26 AM
BAE,that White Thunder guy has been running River Racer,so can you. Nowhere in the rulebook does it say a certain type of boat cant run RR. If for whatever reason you dont want to run that class, run exhibition...
See ya soon.
CS

mj680
10-13-2005, 07:28 AM
The only Association that has the TFJ Class is the IHBA and they require the boat to have capsule ... If a boat doesn't have a capsule in it, It Is Not a TFJ'er and Can't Run in that Class. Actually the IHBA Class is TAF/TFJ so a TFJ would run with the Top Alky Flatties ... TAF/TFJ Being One of the Three Top Pro Classes on the IHBA National Circuit .....
So BAE 557, until you put a capsule in your boat what you have is a BFJ in the NJBA (IHBA doesn't have that Class) or, a non Pro Bracket Boat in the IHBA (in which you can't run any faster than 8 Seconds) ... You Don't Have A TFJ Boat and to say that you do is just simply B.S..
Re this year's NJBA Nationals ... If we're there, we're there ... If we're not, then we're not ... Mike & I'll decide whenever we decide ... We, The Whole Krewe, could use the T&T Time to set up for the World Finals and it would be good for Mike to get back into the seat and practice cutting His '.O' Lights ... We'll See ???
Bear
Blown Fuel Jet and Top Fuel Jet is the same class.Max 50 percent nitro.
In IHBA a capsule is required,and they run in PCE on a index.They don't run with the TAF,s.Thats a SDBA or SLDBA rule.
In NJBA the capsule rule is over 145.00 MPH. Any ET is okay. Ron :cool:

mj680
10-13-2005, 07:39 AM
BAE,that White Thunder guy has been running River Racer,so can you. Nowhere in the rulebook does it say a certain type of boat cant run RR. If for whatever reason you dont want to run that class, run exhibition...
See ya soon.
CS
Where are the River Racer rules in the Rulebook ? :confused:

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 07:47 AM
B.S., I do beleive that prior to the modern day era, TFJ's did not have capsules, the same with TFH's.
Anyway, I was trying to make the distinction that it is a nitro burner in hopes to get an accurate answer to my question. When you say Blown Fuel Jet in the NJBA, most likely the boat is going to be an alcoholer not a fueler.
Like I said, I am trying to get the boat back together for the last race. Currently, the heads are still at Brad Anderson's.

Cs19
10-13-2005, 07:49 AM
They are in the river racer rules.
Will there be a Sunday Showdown?

cyclone
10-13-2005, 08:08 AM
They are in the river racer rules.
Will there be a Sunday Showdown?
where you staying chris? think i'm going to the red lion. going to check and see if they got a spa. i'm done with the rio. tired of getting lied to about the bar being open and the spa being fixed at that place. :lightsabe

BUSBY
10-13-2005, 08:20 AM
where you staying chris? think i'm going to the red lion. going to check and see if they got a spa. i'm done with the rio. tired of getting lied to about the bar being open and the spa being fixed at that place. :lightsabe
That's why everyone on the board, rescue, tech, etc. moved to the Holiday Inn ... Red Lyon had too many rules about using the spa & wouldn't cater to NJBA'ers ... plus Tailgater's is across the street! :D You can stumble back to your room!
http://holidayinnbakersfield.com/

BUSBY
10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
B.S., I do beleive that prior to the modern day era, TFJ's did not have capsules, the same with TFH's.
Anyway, I was trying to make the distinction that it is a nitro burner in hopes to get an accurate answer to my question. When you say Blown Fuel Jet in the NJBA, most likely the boat is going to be an alcoholer not a fueler.
Like I said, I am trying to get the boat back together for the last race. Currently, the heads are still at Brad Anderson's.
I agree ... what makes a Fuel Engine? Running Ch3No2 ... Nitromethane! If it's supercharged & runs Nitro ... it runs in BFJ ... so does alcohol ... only because we have few of either anymore ...
Sooooo ... if you (BAE) make it out and there is another blown jet running something other than gas ... you will run them as well ...
To say that a BFJ is not a TFJ ... I don't agree ... how does a capsule change the fuel running in the engine or anything else. NJBA is the only org. that will allow someone to run fuel in an open jet boat anymore ... as long as he stays under 145 mph ...
So TFJ, BFJ, jet with huge engine, real fast jet on Nitromethane or whatever you want to call it ... he can run ... as long as he passes tech and runs under 145. We offer him a safe place to run his boat ... without requiring him to spend at least an additional $10k for a capsule ... no matter what it's called.

cyclone
10-13-2005, 09:26 AM
That's why everyone on the board, rescue, tech, etc. moved to the Holiday Inn ... Red Lyon had too many rules about using the spa & wouldn't cater to NJBA'ers ... plus Tailgater's is across the street! :D You can stumble back to your room!
http://holidayinnbakersfield.com/
Who do i hit up for the racer discount?

billet racing
10-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah I considered the Mach 1, but I was concerned with the age and the bottom. Besides, I did not realy care for the paint job. would spend too much money changeing things.
The other option, is working with someone else. I have a nice trailer, tools and some know how. Would be wiling to work as a hired gun while I work on my next project. Can travel, and cover some expenses.

BUSBY
10-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Who do i hit up for the racer discount?
Let them know you are with NJBA ... they hold a block of rooms (like 50?) for NJBA at the discounted rate ... hopefully they've not been booked up already ...

cyclone
10-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Let them know you are with NJBA ... they hold a block of rooms (like 50?) for NJBA at the discounted rate ... hopefully they've not been booked up already ...
sold out of rooms with two beds. only got a few rooms with 1 bed in them.

UBFJ #454
10-13-2005, 01:46 PM
TFJ is TAF/TFJ, An Idiot Is An Idiot ... If someone wants to Run With 'The Big Boys' that's fine with me, I'll Support Them (Knowledge, Parts, Etc.) ... But ... Just for someone to 'Self Acclaim' He/She is 'whatever' that is Not, is Absolute Crap ... And, by the way, Crap is That Kinda Brown 'Stuff' that you don't want following you arround ... If you doubt me ... Ask a few Pro's in private who Know This Idiot and why they don't want anything more to do with Him .......

BUSBY
10-13-2005, 01:52 PM
TFJ is TAF/TFJ, An Idiot Is An Idiot ... If someone wants to Run With 'The Big Boys' that's fine with me, I'll Support Them (Knowledge, Parts, Etc.) ... But ... Just for someone to 'Self Acclaim' He/She is 'whatever' that is Not, is Absolute Crap ... And, by the way, Crap is That Kinda Brown 'Stuff' that you don't want following you arround ... If you doubt me ... Ask a few Pro's in private who Know This Idiot and why they don't want anything more to do with Him .......
:supp: :confused: :supp:
wow ... I guess there is more to the story than I know ... I was just answering the guys question ... if he's running nitro ... he's running nitro ...
I don't want in the middle of this ...
:supp: :confused: :supp:

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I guess Eddie Hill never ran a TFH because it didn't have a capsule, same as TFF. So what your telling me that all the past non-capsule fueler jets were not TFJ's. If everyone else is in agreement then who is the idiot here, not that hard to figure out.
It is obviuos that you have some sort of problem with what I am doing. You give me shit about running this boat at the lake, you give me shit about trying to get this boat to the track. WTF is it? If I were you I would concentrate on my own program and not worry what everyone else is doing.
Speaking of conversations with true pro's and not self proclaimed ones, I have talked to many myself and your program is never mentioned, must be a reason for that. I don't need your support and actually never wanted or asked for it, whatever advice comes from you, I more than likely do the opposite.
Even though I have much more to say, I am not going to use this board as a stone to sharpen my axe. I will be more than happy to PM you my phone number and we can talk more offline.
One more thing, I was at MPD last weekend working with Jeff Bennett and Jack McClure on hardware changes. So by your post "Ask a few Pro's in private who Know This Idiot and why they don't want anything more to do with Him" they must not be up to speed.

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Uh oh...Iiiiiiinnnnn commmmiiiing!!! :rolleyes:

cyclone
10-13-2005, 06:01 PM
daaaammmmmnnnn! tell him how your really feel Bear.
I dont know about you but i'd love to see a TFJ or whatever you want to call it come out to ming and lay down some 145 mph passes. Remember this stuff is all about fun right?
BAE- good luck and i hope you can get it together and make some safe and quick runs.

OMAHA 18
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
cant we all just get along haha.

Willis
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
BAE- good luck and i hope you can get it together and make some safe and quick runs.
Mike, and everybody,
Lets make the end of the year a safe one and everybody get your sponsors together so we, NJBA can order the trophies with the correct sponsors name.
:jawdrop:
Mail your trophy sponsor checks to: Jim Guthrie
http://www.njbaracing.net/contact.php
The next time you visit the NJBA website, hit the refresh button and check out the new look.
Willis

sdpm
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I for one would also love to see that boat run. It is a great looking setup. I have been waiting for it to show up some where. I was the one who said that I would love to borrow his engine for a race and put it in my hydro to see what it would run. Nitro or no Nitro. I would love to see it. :D

cyclone
10-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey BAE- throw up some pictures of your boat for those that don't know what all the hubbub is about. i'd like to see it again.

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I for one would also love to see that boat run. It is a great looking setup. I have been waiting for it to show up some where. I was the one who said that I would love to borrow his engine for a race and put it in my hydro to see what it would run. Nitro or no Nitro. I would love to see it. :D
That's more where that motor belongs. :idea:

sdpm
10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I hear ya Steel! I have a 1100 hp 465ci Pontiac that I would love to trade him. He has exactly what I am looking for. Anyone have one just lying around and not going to use it?? :wink:

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 07:16 PM
I hear ya Steel! I have a 1100 hp 465ci Pontiac that I would love to trade him. He has exactly what I am looking for. Anyone have one just lying around and not going to use it?? :wink:
That boat would go damn near as fast with your motor, and a lot less headache.
I'm lookin around here in my garage....nope...sorry, fresh outa Brad motors. :notam:

cyclone
10-13-2005, 07:18 PM
i dont get it. Wouldn't you guys rather see a new and hopefully quick jet boat out on the rope versus talking so much smack on the guy that he says "fock racing with those guys" and instead keeps running his boat at a public reservoir?

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
i dont get it. Wouldn't you guys rather see a new and hopefully quick jet boat out on the rope versus talking so much smack on the guy that he says "fock racing with those guys" and instead keeps running his boat at a public reservoir?I'd rather see a boat that is going to make consistant passes, and not spend a lot of precious time holding up the show while the owner figures it out. Not being disrespectful, just realistic.

BigBlockOldsJet
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I guess Eddie Hill never ran a TFH because it didn't have a capsule, same as TFF. So what your telling me that all the past non-capsule fueler jets were not TFJ's. If everyone else is in agreement then who is the idiot here, not that hard to figure out.
It is obviuos that you have some sort of problem with what I am doing. You give me shit about running this boat at the lake, you give me shit about trying to get this boat to the track. WTF is it? If I were you I would concentrate on my own program and not worry what everyone else is doing.
Speaking of conversations with true pro's and not self proclaimed ones, I have talked to many myself and your program is never mentioned, must be a reason for that. I don't need your support and actually never wanted or asked for it, whatever advice comes from you, I more than likely do the opposite.
Even though I have much more to say, I am not going to use this board as a stone to sharpen my axe. I will be more than happy to PM you my phone number and we can talk more offline.
One more thing, I was at MPD last weekend working with Jeff Bennett and Jack McClure on hardware changes. So by your post "Ask a few Pro's in private who Know This Idiot and why they don't want anything more to do with Him" they must not be up to speed.
BFJ/TFJ doens't seem to be the true issue here. I am thinking it might be a little of something else on Bear_454's behalf.

cyclone
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd rather see a boat that is going to make consistant passes, and not spend a lot of precious time holding up the show while the owner figures it out. Not being disrespectful, just realistic.
Can you offer up a better place for him to run his boat to "figure it out"?
I know a lot of river racers like you and I that have held up the program in the past so why should it be any different for this guy? sounds like you and Bear have a grudge against this guy that goes beyond holding up the program.

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I'd rather see a boat that is going to make consistant passes, and not spend a lot of precious time holding up the show while the owner figures it out. Not being disrespectful, just realistic.
Whenever someone says "Not To Be Disrespectful", you better believe some kind of underlying disrespect will follow.

sdpm
10-13-2005, 07:41 PM
My take on the whole thing is thinking that Jak (bear) is thinking that this guy is a nut to be running an open boat with an engine like it has. He is thinking how unsafe it is without a capsule. BAE is saying that alot of fast and I mean FAST boats ran for years without capsules and feels that he should be able to do it. I understand both of there points, I just don't think it came across very good. I personally feel that if BAE has the knowledge and capability to build what I have seen, that he is not a stupid person by any means. I would dought that he is the kind of person to run something like that without thinking about safety. I am pretty sure he knows what he has and knows how to run it. I would be right there supporting his venture. I could be wrong, but I am never wrong! :D
Maybe it is a personal thing between them. Who knows?? :confused:

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 07:41 PM
I guess this is what I get for not being one of the boys, right Bear. If this is what it's all about, you can freaking keep it as far as I am concerned. All along the message was take it to the track, now that I am finally doing it, I still get grief.

Cs19
10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Woah. :sqeyes:
Who cares what it is..BFJ,TFJ, I personally could give a shit...Just bring it out and run the damn thing, its the last race of the season. Ya'll need to get off the internet and work on your friggin boats already.

bp
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Whenever someone says "Not To Be Disrespectful", you better believe some kind of underlying disrespect will follow.
you can run river racer with it. bring it out, i'll tech ya if you want. just make sure you have all the required safety gear for an open fuel (alky or methane) boat as stipulated in the rule book; any of the techs will look for the same stuff.
other than that, just make sure you get to the drivers meeting on time, and do what jones tells you to do. plenty of people to help answer questions.

squirt
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
As stated by a few I think BAE should be supported in his effort to get his boat to the track. It will be by far the safest enviorment that he can test it. I've sure seen alot of negitive post on the boards eveytime BAE post up. This is a beautiful boat with a ton of labor put into it. I for one wouldn't miss a chance to see it run at Ming. BAE I'll probably be going to Bakersfield also, most likely without the boat tho. I will be available to help you and Fleet anyway I can.
Don

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Can you offer up a better place for him to run his boat to "figure it out"?
I know a lot of river racers like you and I that have held up the program in the past so why should it be any different for this guy? sounds like you and Bear have a grudge against this guy that goes beyond holding up the program.
No, and I have nothing against this guy. Never met him, just heard a lot about this project, all of which I take with a grain of salt. What I do know for a fact, is that it takes a long time to get a motor like his dialed in, even for the best in the business. How many real full passes do you see in a top fuel anything except dragsters? and even then?? If he gets it lit on the rope, I'm thinkin it'll make maybe one good pass in a weekend, and then probably hydraulic a head. Motors like this need a program to be anything but useless. A program of people, a program of parts, and a program of experience.
As far as seeing a Bad Ass jet, like I said, I feel that there are already jets that run as fast as he's going to run out there with much less motor, and a lot more success and consistancy, that are just as much fun to watch, and will make pass after pass. I think the reason you don't see many BFJ's any more, and I mean the real deals, is because they are just so underwhelming, when you think of all the power and effort and expense that has to go into one just to get it to make a full pass. A blown fuel anything that only runs 150-160 is just boring. IMO, this deal isn't going to be any different, I'm sorry to say.
And knock on wood, I've never held up the program, that I can remember, for more than my 10 sec. reaction times!! :D :hammer2:
For the record, William,...I hope I'm wrong, and you can come out with your program together, and enough help and know-how to make this thing work. Good Luck. :D

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I didn't say "not to be disrespectful", I said, and I meant, I'm not being (intending to be) disrespectful. Am I?? Did something disrespectful follow?

sdpm
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
WOW Steel, I sure hope that my boat gets all the way down the track. I don't want to get chewed on! I sure don't understand any of that? So in other words if your boat won't make it down the coarse every time, don't bother comming? What's up with that??

squirt
10-13-2005, 08:08 PM
No, and I have nothing against this guy. Never met him, just heard a lot about this project, all of which I take with a grain of salt.
A blown fuel anything that only runs 150-160 is just boring. IMO, this deal isn't going to be any different, I'm sorry to say.
I'm sceptical, but I'll keep an open mind. Good Luck. :D
Yeah this sounds open minded all right :(
Ya know Steel if he does show up at least this won't be another cookie cutter ride. It will definetily spice things up at bit, whether he runs a number that meets your standards or not. :sleeping:
Don

OMAHA 18
10-13-2005, 08:15 PM
he rides everyones ass like the god dam dean and wants to fukup whatever BAE intentions are. Haterplayer

OMAHA 18
10-13-2005, 08:18 PM
BAE trustme evrytime frank had a hater he just proved them wrong and it wasnt really like tony schumachers pits either calm cool and subtle.

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
No, and I have nothing against this guy. Never met him, just heard a lot about this project, all of which I take with a grain of salt. What I do know for a fact, is that it takes a long time to get a motor like his dialed in, even for the best in the business. How many real full passes do you see in a top fuel anything except dragsters? and even then?? If he gets it lit on the rope, I'm thinkin it'll make maybe one good pass in a weekend, and then probably hydraulic a head. Motors like this need a program to be anything but useless. A program of people, a program of parts, and a program of experience.
As far as seeing a Bad Ass jet, like I said, I feel that there are already jets that run as fast as he's going to run out there with much less motor, and a lot more success and consistancy, that are just as much fun to watch, and will make pass after pass. I think the reason you don't see many BFJ's any more, and I mean the real deals, is because they are just so underwhelming, when you think of all the power and effort and expense that has to go into one just to get it to make a full pass. A blown fuel anything that only runs 150-160 is just boring. IMO, this deal isn't going to be any different, I'm sorry to say.
And knock on wood, I've never held up the program, that I can remember, for more than my 10 sec. reaction times!! :D :hammer2:
For the record, William,...I hope I'm wrong, and you can come out with your shit together, and enough help and knowhow to make this thing work. I'm sceptical, but I'll keep an open mind. Good Luck. :D
How can you make an educated comment on my program when you virtually know nothing of what has gone into it. The more I see of these ignorant posts the less intelligence I see on this board. For me, this program has been an uphill battle from day 1, and for what reason. I never wanted to take it to the track but now that I have finally decided to do it, I am met with more resistance, and for what. I might cause delays at the rope, that adds a new piece to the puzzle. Let's review; "Don't take that boat on a public lake you might kill someone." Now it's "Don't take that boat to the track because you might cause delays at the rope." Like I said, if this is what it's all about, count me out. I'll be more than happy to continue my deal where I left off.

Cs19
10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
So we know whos racing, whos comin out to watch?
Steelcomp,RCB19,LGCdevil. Who else?

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah this sounds open minded all right :(
Ya know Steel if he does show up at least this won't be another cookie cutter ride. It will definetily spice things up at bit, whether he runs a number that meets your standards or not. :sleeping:
Don
Well, gee, guys, I guess I better get in duck step with everybody and just think like the rest of ya, and then I'll be OK, right? You guys have been involved in fuel programs and know what I'm talking about, right?? Everybody here is experssing their opinion, and all I did was the same. I didn't dis the guy, I didn't put him or his project down. I just vioced my viewpoint here, adn if it's not to your liking, then read something else that is.
Did ya read the part that said, "For the record, William,...I hope I'm wrong, and you can come out with your shit together, and enough help and knowhow to make this thing work. I'm sceptical, but I'll keep an open mind. Good Luck."
I'm sorry I said "shit"... :messedup:
The funny thing is, William probably knows I'm right, and that I'm not putting him down. I'm not questioning his knowhow, per se, but just the fact that even the very best in the business have a hard time with these things after years of doing it. This isn't a freekin big block Chevy, ya know.
And I'll ask this...what part of my post do you disagree with???
BTW...I think Bear was WAY outa line. There's something personal there, I'm guessing, and completely disagree with his "airing" out that way.

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 08:27 PM
WOW Steel, I sure hope that my boat gets all the way down the track. I don't want to get chewed on! I sure don't understand any of that? So in other words if your boat won't make it down the coarse every time, don't bother comming? What's up with that??
Dude, don't be a dick. If you think that's what i'm saying, then you didn't read what I wrote. Don't get all dramatic and make something outa what I said that's not there.

Bense468
10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I should be there...

BAE_557
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
As stated by a few I think BAE should be supported in his effort to get his boat to the track. It will be by far the safest enviorment that he can test it. I've sure seen alot of negitive post on the boards eveytime BAE post up. This is a beautiful boat with a ton of labor put into it. I for one wouldn't miss a chance to see it run at Ming. BAE I'll probably be going to Bakersfield also, most likely without the boat tho. I will be available to help you and Fleet anyway I can.
Don
Thanks for your support Don, but I just had a change in plans. You are one of a few on this board that has actually seen my boat and fully understand what it took to get it to this level.

Cs19
10-13-2005, 08:43 PM
but I just had a change in plans..
And what does that mean?
I agree Bense, you should be there.

sdpm
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I guess you told me? So which boat do you run STEEL? I'll keep a lookout for ya. I hope you are going to Bakersfield!

Bense468
10-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I can't tell you what I did yesterday or what I am doing tomorrow...let alone a week from now. IT HAPPENS..

steelcomp
10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I'll be there...no boat this time. Next year.
Yeah, I told you, right after you told me. :rollside:
Can we just chill here? Obviously what I wrote didn't get read like it sounded in my head when I wrote it.
I'm back out. :coffeycup

Cs19
10-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I can't tell you what I did yesterday or what I am doing tomorrow...let alone a week from now. IT HAPPENS..
I hear ya.
DJD is running his turd, ya gotta come out and watch.

Bense468
10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I hear ya.
DJD is running his turd, ya gotta come out and watch.
Yeah I know...Him and I need to stay away from each other this weekend or one of us is gonna die. We put down a lot of booze and beer the past few weeks together.

cyclone
10-13-2005, 09:18 PM
well this thread sure did go down the crapper fast. we almost had a guy with a very interesting boat come to the the track, where it belongs, which if you are keeping score, would have been a good thing, but now he's not. nice. :rolleyes:

Cas
10-13-2005, 09:32 PM
well this thread sure did go down the crapper fast. we almost had a guy with a very interesting boat come to the the track, where it belongs, which if you are keeping score, would have been a good thing, but now he's not. nice. :rolleyes:
and you have no idea what you're missing. BAE's boat is awesome! I have been following the build along with many other people but until I saw it....let's jsut say pictures don not do it justice.
William, I too would love to help you out in any way I can but the 21/23 of this month is out for me.....next year?
I'm thinking you at least figured out who Dose of Reality and the infamous Guest is ;)

RCB19
10-13-2005, 10:14 PM
RCB19 will be there foo shoo! :cool:

BigBlockOldsJet
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
How can you make an educated comment on my program when you virtually know nothing of what has gone into it. The more I see of these ignorant posts the less intelligence I see on this board. For me, this program has been an uphill battle from day 1, and for what reason. I never wanted to take it to the track but now that I have finally decided to do it, I am met with more resistance, and for what. I might cause delays at the rope, that adds a new piece to the puzzle. Let's review; "Don't take that boat on a public lake you might kill someone." Now it's "Don't take that boat to the track because you might cause delays at the rope." Like I said, if this is what it's all about, count me out. I'll be more than happy to continue my deal where I left off.
I've been following this project for sometime and would have loved to see it run at Ming. This board is a great tool except for the few whiney little girls and back stabbers that use it to take cheap shots.

mj680
10-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by steelcomp :argue:
A blown fuel anything that only runs 150-160 is just boring. IMO, this deal isn't going to be any different.
Sounds like you never seen a pair of real BFJ's or TFJ's run.And don't understand what it takes to run 160 MPH in a JETBOAT. :hammer2:

steelcomp
10-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by steelcomp :argue:
A blown fuel anything that only runs 150-160 is just boring. IMO, this deal isn't going to be any different.
Sounds like you never seen a pair of real BFJ's or TFJ's run.And don't understand what it takes to run 160 MPH in a JETBOAT. :hammer2:
Yeah, that's what it is...since you're an expert, why don't you tell us....what does it take to run 160 in a jet boat?? :sleeping:

superdave013
10-14-2005, 05:58 AM
I'm sure I'll be there to too.
Heck if BAE_557 is gonna even bring that wicked deal out and just fire it up I'll be there for sure. Hey BAE_557, if you show up I'd be happy to drive your tow rig (most suck a$$ job at the track).

sdpm
10-14-2005, 06:18 AM
I was hoping he would bring it and pit or just park next to us and teach me what he has learned so far about his engine. I am just starting my learning process from Chevy's to Hemi's and could use all the help I can get.
(most suck a$$ job at the track). Hey Dave, I don't mind picking him up at the out ramp. I park outside the fence and walk over to the grass and watch him come down the track. I love to hear the 3 speed go through the gears @ 9200 rpm and actually see how fast he is really going! :eek:

BAE_557
10-14-2005, 06:19 AM
and you have no idea what you're missing. BAE's boat is awesome! I have been following the build along with many other people but until I saw it....let's jsut say pictures don not do it justice.
William, I too would love to help you out in any way I can but the 21/23 of this month is out for me.....next year?
I'm thinking you at least figured out who Dose of Reality and the infamous Guest is ;)
Cas, thanks for the support. I've always had an inkling as to who the infamous "Guest" and "Dose of Reality" was, but this pretty much confirms it.

Squirtcha?
10-14-2005, 06:43 AM
All along the message was take it to the track, now that I am finally doing it, I still get grief.
Gotta agree with this statement. I've followed this saga enough to know that the general consensus was to take it to the track.
Even those that didn't disagree with him running it at the local reservoir, agreed that the track would be the safest deal.
The super safety conscious said it was the only place to run it.
Now with the opinion that he shouldn't run it there either?
I guess it's just supposed to sit in the garage/shop and be pretty........

Heatseeker
10-14-2005, 07:00 AM
In light of all the negativity that he recieved while building and for running his boat at the lake, you'd think that BAE would be welcomed with open arms to the track. Instead a few guys are bagging him for talking about bringing it out. I don't get it!
I don't understand where all the animosity(from a few) towards BAE comes from, but if I was him, I'd be done with this board. Who wants to be told no, it can't be done, you're gonna die, etc, etc, etc, over and over, no matter what approach he takes. And how does anybody on this board know who's in his camp as far as a tuner, etc? He's a sensible guy taking an analytical approach to a specific goal with driver(his own) safety always at the forefront. WTF is wrong with that? I just don't get it...
Too bad, the boat is an awesome work of art. It would make any "program" shine a little more, full passes or not.
I'm glad I didn't have all this negativity when I was asking for help with my blower motor build. The blower would still be sitting on the fireplace mantle!!!

Cas
10-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah, that's what it is...since you're an expert, why don't you tell us....what does it take to run 160 in a jet boat?? :sleeping:
funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

Willis
10-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your support Don, but I just had a change in plans.
I hope you change your plan back to give it a shot at the race course.
Lets see if the boat has what it takes to make believers out of the world :2purples:
Looking forward to see all those returning BGJ and new events, also any boats that wants to "just do it", bring it to the rope! :idea:
Willis

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 07:57 AM
do what jones tells you to do.
umm ... jones doesn't do that anymore ... jones is only doing the in-ramp ...

Jetboatguru
10-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I'll go ahead and post my 2 cents. I think where the hostility or animosity comes from is that all along the building process of this boat and engine people have been offering help or advice. All of this help was met with a stern, "I know what I am doing, but thanks none the less." He has a way of posting that comes off as being so sure that he will have this thing "dialed in" in no time and I think that pisses off the people that have struggled before him. Then BAE557 will post that he is going out to lake to test and gets people pumped up to hear the results and then never posts anything.
In the beginning, he was adamant about not running it at the track and the lake was the "place to be" doing all this testing. In my opinion, let the guy come out to the track and show what he he has learned. If it turns out to be an absolute debacle, then so be it. If it runs like scalded cat so be it. If he holds up the program I am sure he will hear it from the people on the rope. Steelcomp, I see what you are saying but you gotta throttle down a little.

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 08:21 AM
OK ... here's all I have to say about all of this ...
1) BAE ... I as a Board Member & Race Director would love to see you bring it.
2) Willis as a Board Member would love to see you bring it.
3) Cyclone, CS19, BP, and other NJBA regulars would love to see you bring it.
4) Different individuals are telling you not to bring it to the track now, they're not the same ones who were telling you not to run it at the lake.
5) Steelcomp isn't baggin' from what I see ... he's just stating that fuel programs usually don't run full passes during their first race.
6) This thread has been officially hi-jacked.
7) CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!
:hammer2:

sdpm
10-14-2005, 08:31 AM
BUTT OUT!! DOO GOODER!! Can't you see we would rather fight about it!! :hammerhea

Cs19
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
BAE, I just hope your changing your mind for other reasons than this internet BS. Thats weak if thats the case.
If you think you need more help in the pits, just say so. We will get you a crew,Sd013 already said he will drive the truck..Which IS the worst job in the pits, all you do is get yelled at even if your perfect.

LGCDEVIL
10-14-2005, 08:40 AM
BAE, I just hope your changing your mind for other reasons than this internet BS. Thats weak if thats the case.
If you think you need more help in the pits, just say so. We will get you a crew,Sd013 already said he will drive the truck.
I would like to see that animal run. Shout if you need help. Be in CS's pit.

BAE_557
10-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I'll go ahead and post my 2 cents. I think where the hostility or animosity comes from is that all along the building process of this boat and engine people have been offering help or advice. All of this help was met with a stern, "I know what I am doing, but thanks none the less." He has a way of posting that comes off as being so sure that he will have this thing "dialed in" in no time and I think that pisses off the people that have struggled before him. Then BAE557 will post that he is going out to lake to test and gets people pumped up to hear the results and then never posts anything.
In the beginning, he was adamant about not running it at the track and the lake was the "place to be" doing all this testing. In my opinion, let the guy come out to the track and show what he he has learned. If it turns out to be an absolute debacle, then so be it. If it runs like scalded cat so be it. If he holds up the program I am sure he will hear it from the people on the rope. Steelcomp, I see what you are saying but you gotta throttle down a little.
Tony,
Thanks for posting up, but I have to disagree on a couple of points.
I have never implied that this project would be on a short learning curve. I have been working on this project for over two years now and the positive results have come slow. I have learned so much during this project and will continue to learn throughout the process. This boat has slowly evolved into what it is today, the difference is like night and day from when I first started. For the most part, advice given from this board has been not to build or run this boat. Why would I want to follow that, when clearly this has been done before.
I post that I am going to test, I say exactly where I am going and when I will be running for those who want to see or for those who want to stand clear. You say I don't post results, I did initially but was met with more negativity, so why would I want to continue along those lines. If someone is that interested, they are more than welcome to come the to the public lake and watch.
It's been said many times over to not run this at the lake, now it is being said that I will hold up the program at the track and it will be boring to watch. For finally giving in and wanting to go the track this is the welcome I get.
Then someone has an attitude about TFJ/BFJ for whatever reason when obviously this boat passes the criteria for TFJ, maybe not in the capsule era, but none the less it is still a TFJ just the same. Maybe he ought to tell Eddie Hill he never drove a TFH because it didn't have a capsule.

superdave013
10-14-2005, 08:47 AM
If you think you need more help in the pits, just say so. We will get you a crew,Sd013 already said he will drive the truck..Which IS the worst job in the pits, all you do is get yelled at even if your perfect.
I got to drive the bus the other weekend so this truck driving should be a snap! LMAO

Jim Brock
10-14-2005, 09:09 AM
the name tfj, started coming down from nhra , tfd, tad. so ihba started calling there boats tfh , tfj etc. the name is only what you want to call it, i still call a jet, blown fuel jet,blown fuel hydro, there is no difference in the boat just the name. as far as running your boat,i wouldn't worry about any body else,you can learn so much more with the clocks 1/8 mi. etc. they will even let you run a couple of runs by your self, for safety, you can run up to 145mph without a capsule, its a lot safer to run one nice water and have a rescue boat handy. looking forward to seing you out there. Jim

sdpm
10-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Hi Jim, I tried to PM you the other day before the LB Swap Meet. Did you hear what happened to Jan @ Lightning? Was going to have you look for his parts. Neil

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 10:24 AM
BUTT OUT!! DOO GOODER!! Can't you see we would rather fight about it!! :hammerhea
Hey ... I'm just gimpin' around on my meds ... happy as can be!
I'm just glad people aren't hatin' on me anymore ...

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Good points Tony ...

Bense468
10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I Say run It

mj680
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Jim, I tried to PM you the other day before the LB Swap Meet. Did you hear what happened to Jan @ Lightning? Was going to have you look for his parts. Neil
What happened to Jan ? He ran one of the fastest BFJ / TFJ . :cool: :confused:

mj680
10-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Its a SECRET. :D :D :D

sdpm
10-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi Ron, his shop was broken into and alot of stuff was stolen. Some high end engine parts that could show up at the swap meets. I saw that Jim Brock was posting about the Long Beach swap meet that was comming up and was wondering if he was going and to be on the look out. He lost some personal items that he is very bummed about. I know how he feels! It sucks!!

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Ron, his shop was broken into and alot of stuff was stolen. Some high end engine parts that could show up at the swap meets. I saw that Jim Brock was posting about the Long Beach swap meet that was comming up and was wondering if he was going and to be on the look out. He lost some personal items that he is very bummed about. I know how he feels! It sucks!!
:idea:
wait a minute ... Jim's talking about building a TFJ ... and he's at the swap meet all of the time ...
:idea:
Just kidding Jim ...

bp
10-14-2005, 02:42 PM
umm ... jones doesn't do that anymore ... jones is only doing the in-ramp ...
and that stops him from telling people what to do? :confused: maybe you don't get to the inramp much :cool:

bp
10-14-2005, 02:44 PM
just a hunch scott, but after 30 years or so of actually doing it, pittsy probly knows a couple things more than you about doing it? chill...

BUSBY
10-14-2005, 02:53 PM
and that stops him from telling people what to do? :confused: maybe you don't get to the inramp much :cool:
Sorry ... I thought you were speaking of the new drivers meeting ...
and at the rate I'm going through engines & transmissions ... no, I don't get to the in ramp enough!

bp
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Sorry ... I thought you were speaking of the new drivers meeting ...
and at the rate I'm going through engines & transmissions ... no, I don't get to the in ramp enough!
no need for the sorry... i don't ever remember jones talking at a drivers meeting. rolf on the other hand... :D
bae, don't worry about the nonsense. if you want to run it, bring it. as far as holding things up, i can remember sitting on the rope with a jetboatguru for almost 3 hours in 95 degrees one time, 'cuz some fool :rolleyes: ran his brand new capsule boat up the hill and started a fire. a good time was had by all, and now mike has a better boat :D
anyway, if you feel up to it, hope to see you.

Cas
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey ... I'm just gimpin' around on my meds ... happy as can be!
got any extras? :220v:

sdpm
10-14-2005, 03:55 PM
'cuz some fool ran his brand new capsule boat up the hill and started a fire. a good time was had by all, and now mike has a better boat
Damn Bob, I am pissed that I missed that! I'm very glad that he was not hurt, but I sure wished that I had seen that. A few races ago, one of the crew guys from Andy Dements BAF saw Mike heading for the in-ramp sitting in his Capsule (all serious looking) grabed a lg plastic trach bag and started running beside him with the bag inflated yelling " PULL THE CHUTE, PULL THE CHUTE". I could not stop laughing. Way to funny. Looks like Mike is getting it dialed in. He's getting there. Good for him.

steelcomp
10-14-2005, 05:47 PM
just a hunch scott, but after 30 years or so of actually doing it, pittsy probly knows a couple things more than you about doing it? chill...Ya know, I'm not going to say much about what I was told in depth about this deal, by whom, or to waht degree it was said, but it came from a supposed Pro, and NONE of it was nice.
Now I'm beginning to wonder.
Funny...you sure seem to have changed your tune, Bob. :confused:
Just a hunch, Bob, but after working at Dart and for Alan Johnson, and others in between for collectively over ten years, face to face, hands on, at the races, in the shops, I was around more fuel parts, fuel people, fuel teams and fuel programs than most people you know. I'm no way near an expert, nor did anything I wrote imply that, so I don't know why the comment, but I have enough experience to know enough about what has gone into William's deal, or goes into any other fuel deal to say what I said. Again, it didn't come across as it was sounding in my head when I wrote it. I meant no disrespect, nor did I intend to dissuade William from moving forward with his project. I've posted this. I've backed up from what I said. I even sent William a PM trying to re-state what I was trying to say, and offered an apology. Clearly it was misunderstood what I was trying to say, and for that I'm sorry. Unfortunately, there's too many of you out there who couldn't find your own ass with both hands, have nothing better to do, and just love to jump a guy when you get the chance. You'll find what you need in (my, ot any) post to give you reason to beat your chests, and play attack dog, and feel real cool. Funny thing is, not one of you has challanged anything I said, you just don't like the fact that I said it. :cry: Actually, you just don't like HOW I said it.
Guru...you're right, and I made an effort to throttle back, but unfortunately, when the dogs are in "attack" mode, they don't want to hear it, and I'm not rollin over for something I didn't do. Again, I've apologised for what I said being taken the wrong way, but not for what I meant.
Busby...thanks for the comment...at least someone understood where I was coming from.
I guess what I need to do, from now on, is ask everybody's permission as to what I say and how I say it, so I can get in step and be "acceptable".
Yeah, right.
William, sack up and run that focker. :devil: You're too worried about what everyone is saying.

Cs19
10-14-2005, 06:08 PM
I dont get this "holding the show" thing.You paid your entry fee, you get a shot at making your lap. If it does not fire, so be it, you'll get a red light on the race course and your towed back to the inramp and life goes on.Dont listen to some asshole next to you on the rope whos all pissy about you not starting,or some asshole on the internet whos just stirring the pot.Run your own race.
Call Brad Anderson and tell em "We need those heads yesterday, theres guys talkin smack on ***boat and I wanna show em what up next weekend". Im sure he'll get right on it. :)

BAE_557
10-14-2005, 06:34 PM
William, sack up and run that focker. :devil: You're too worried about what everyone is saying.
Steel
I think you know me by now or atleast you know that I don't care what people say, it does tend to get a little old at times. If I was worried about what people said, this boat would have never came together. The bottom line is that I have an overall plan and nobody will ever persuade me to change it. I am going to complete what I set out to do over two years ago, no matter what it takes.

steelcomp
10-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Steel
I think you know me by now or atleast you know that I don't care what people say, it does tend to get a little old at times. If I was worried about what people said, this boat would have never came together. The bottom line is that I have an overall plan and nobody will ever persuade me to change it. I am going to complete what I set out to do over two years ago, no matter what it takes.
Cool...then, if you get your parts, we'll see you at the races, right???

BAE_557
10-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Call Brad Anderson and tell em "We need those heads yesterday, theres guys talkin smack on ***boat and I wanna show em what up next weekend". Im sure he'll get right on it. :)
That will go over real well, the first words back for them will be something like this, "Who am I speaking to again?"

cyclone
10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Ok forget all this bs nonsense. If everyone is feeling sooooooo helpful now then I could use help in my pit. i need a truck driver. i can offer beer after the racing is over and i promise not to makes a first round exit this time. lol
i just got back from elsinore and the motor is dialed! :crossx:

BAE_557
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Ya know, I'm not going to say much about what I was told in depth about this deal, by whom, or to waht degree it was said, but it came from a supposed Pro, and NONE of it was nice.
Now I'm beginning to wonder.
Funny...you sure seem to have changed your tune, Bob. :confused:
I am a little confused here myself, care to elaborate.

Squirtin Thunder
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
I am very Happy that you are concidering running at Ming !!!
William forget all the Bullshit and just do what we always do and just do it !!!
I would love to come out and help but I am not quite up for a trip that long right now. Just go out and give them a what for !!!

Cs19
10-14-2005, 08:50 PM
I was just over looking at the NJBA site and there are some good point races going on..
Is it possible for Bandy to catch Traylor? Hes 55 points behind.
A few of us are tied up for 3rd in PGJ. :hammer2:
Busby and Reider are in a close battle for the overall in TAH.
Constantino's also got a points battle in BGF with Sharp.

Squirtin Thunder
10-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Chris I haven't looked at the site in quite a while, but I believe from what you have posted there will be some good racin.

steelcomp
10-14-2005, 08:58 PM
I am a little confused here myself, care to elaborate.
I think I've said enough. :notam:

Bense468
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I drink bud light for breakfast mike, and hit the JD at night. :D

TRG
10-15-2005, 07:37 AM
"sometimes i rhyme slow, sometimes i rhyme quick!
busby heard about the situation hope you get to feelin better,... on another note, ive got some little yellows that are "OFF THA FENCE!" give me a holla if you need the candyman? :D :messedup: lol
Todd

cyclone
10-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Dude if you can back a trailer up straight on the Bud and not get my truck impounded then the job is yours. :D

BUSBY
10-15-2005, 07:59 AM
"sometimes i rhyme slow, sometimes i rhyme quick!
busby heard about the situation hope you get to feelin better,... on another note, ive got some little yellows that are "OFF THA FENCE!" give me a holla if you need the candyman? :D :messedup: lol
Todd
yeah ... gimpin' around sucks ... but it's all good ... I gotta hired gun coming in to shoe the boat next weekend!

Heatseeker
10-15-2005, 08:12 AM
... on another note, ive got some little yellows that are "OFF THA FENCE!" give me a holla if you need the candyman? :D :messedup: lol
Todd
Whoa!!! Uhm, Mr. Candyman... :D

TRG
10-15-2005, 08:24 AM
lol quick whitted!

Cs19
10-15-2005, 09:49 AM
yeah ... gimpin' around sucks ... but it's all good ... I gotta hired gun coming in to shoe the boat next weekend!
WTF happened Brian?

BUSBY
10-15-2005, 10:55 AM
WTF happened Brian?
While collapsing the engine hoist, the boom bolt wasn't in when I lowered the hydraulic jack and it slid out ... right onto my right foot ... it almost took off the toe next to my pinky toe ... but a quick trip to Irvine Med Ctr ... a few x-rays and stiches later ... all good! It broke the middle joint in 3 places ... it was only about 1 cm long to start with ... so you can imagine how small the little bone pieces are now ...
No biggie ... just a pain in the ass (or should I say foot ???) getting around ... nothing meds and a few cold ones can't take care of ... :)

Willis
10-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Brian,
Hope the foot heals quickly,
Willis

sdpm
10-15-2005, 03:27 PM
I can't believe that you guys are buying into the "Hurt Foot Deal". This is just his way out of " I didn't win high points cause I wasn't driving"! :D It's O.K. Brian, I know what's going on. My liver, head, and back hurts, but that won't stop me from having Mike still drive! :D You better not show up there with a Big O leg cast or splint. Hurt foot my as$. Racers don't whine...

Squirtcha?
10-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Dude if you can back a trailer up straight on the Bud and not get my truck impounded then the job is yours. :D
Getting kinda particular there Mike.
Ya want him to drive the truck, back the trailer straight, and not get it impounded.
Pretty damned demanding if ya ask me.

BUSBY
10-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I can't believe that you guys are buying into the "Hurt Foot Deal". This is just his way out of " I didn't win high points cause I wasn't driving"! :D It's O.K. Brian, I know what's going on. My liver, head, and back hurts, but that won't stop me from having Mike still drive! :D You better not show up there with a Big O leg cast or splint. Hurt foot my as$. Racers don't whine...
Okay you got me ... I'm just scared ...
Beleive me ... I'm tryin' all angles of "pedal down" ... even thought of puttin' the accelerator on the left foot!
Funny man ... funny, funny man!

UBFJ #454
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I thought the Points toward a Championship were Tallied by Boat, not the Driver? :2purples:

BUSBY
10-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I thought the Points toward a Championship were Tallied by Boat, not the Driver? :2purples:
They are Jak ... but Neil is just giving me a hard time ... which I probably desirve ...
Racers don't whine ... I was in the pits when Tony Pendregon had broken ribs and made a pass ... so Neil's right ... most racer's don't whine ... right?
Well ... maybe most don't ... but if my foot isn't feeling better ... I might!

bp
10-16-2005, 07:04 AM
hhmmmmm; pistons, trannys, turbo, bones????? did you piss off the wicked witch or something???

BUSBY
10-16-2005, 07:40 AM
hhmmmmm; pistons, trannys, turbo, bones????? did you piss off the wicked witch or something???
Tell me about it ... I feel like Peter Brady after he took that little Tiki god out of the cave when their family went to Hawaii ... cursed!

BUSBY
10-16-2005, 07:42 AM
turbo
The new turbo crapped out also ... currently they are working on it again ...
That's another story though ... one I'm not happy about! :mad:

Jetboatguru
10-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Brian,
I am bringing two boats to Bakersfield. One is a TAF that we are running as exhibition and the other is a pro category boat that will also run a bracket. There is only one boat in legal competition. We are within the boundary of the rules which state you may only race 1 boat in competition. (1 pro class and 1 bracket.) Last year I went rounds with Lisa when she told me I was racing two boats. I explained to her that by definition, an exhibition boat is just that. Roger Roadstrom finally stepped in and cleared it for us. Is this going to be a problem?
Tony

mj680
10-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Brian,
I am bringing two boats to Bakersfield. One is a TAF that we are running as exhibition and the other is a pro category boat that will also run a bracket. There is only one boat in legal competition. We are within the boundary of the rules which state you may only race 1 boat in competition. (1 pro class and 1 bracket.) Last year I went rounds with Lisa when she told me I was racing two boats. I explained to her that by definition, an exhibition boat is just that. Roger Roadstrom finally stepped in and cleared it for us. Is this going to be a problem?
Tony
TONY...Are they telling you that if you run 2 boats one in a pro category and one in brackets you need 2 drivers ? That doesn't make any sense to me. :cool: Ron

Jetboatguru
10-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Ron,
what they said last year is that since I had a 2nd boat there, I needed to have another driver. They said it is breaking their "can't be driving 2 boats in competiton" rule. I explained that the 2nd boat (TAF) is running exhibition therefore, not in competition. It was a big ordeal that shouldn't have been but Roger Roadstrom stepped in and cleared things up. I am just making sure we don't have to go through this again.

Cs19
10-16-2005, 10:54 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0421.JPG
WHAT ABOUT THIS GUY? IS HE GOING OR WHAT?

steelcomp
10-16-2005, 12:08 PM
I was wondering the same thing???? Where is that Nelson? Kidnapped and taken for ransom???

WUTWZAT
10-16-2005, 05:12 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0421.JPG
That guy looks a bit crazy, wish I had a boat to race :crossx: anyone heard from Nelson, last thing I heard was a report from across the Mexican border. But then again I have been AWOL for a while. I am torn, PSCA happens next weekend aswell. PSCA is closer (Fontana) but I know a bunch of cool people will be in Bakersfield. Does anyone need me on their drinking team, I mean pit crew?
Jason

BUSBY
10-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Brian,
Tony
Hey Tony ... no you won't have any problems ... If Lisa gives you a hard time ... tell her to come see me ... I'll handle her ...
If you're running one in a bracket & class ... and another as exibition ... no biggie ... totally legal ...
as a matter of fact ... I have to check but, I think that rule applies to the boat only ... not a driver ...
You cannot run a boat in more than one bracket or class ... I don't think it has anything to do with the driver
Come see me if you have any problems ...
See you next week ... :D
Brian

BUSBY
10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah ... what happened to my lawnmower dancin' friend?
Last race of the year ... have to have my party buddy ... Nelson, are you coming or not?

TRG
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah ... what happened to my lawnmower dancin' friend?
Last race of the year ... have to have my party buddy ... Nelson, are you coming or not?
Pal, i think you had better stay clear of lawn mowers!
would'nt want to hear anything about a lawnmower mishap, next we'll have to rig you up one of those throttle on the wheel dealies!
Good to see ya today gettin around a bit better!...as well as me! lol
Todd

BUSBY
10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Pal, i think you had better stay clear of lawn mowers!
would'nt want to hear anything about a lawnmower mishap, next we'll have to rig you up one of those throttle on the wheel dealies!
Good to see ya today gettin around a bit better!...as well as me! lol
Todd
Hey there ... wait a minute Todd ... handicap people should be able to race too right?
I figure a hand operated throttle might be in order ... at this point ... I would go for anything!
Just messin' around ... I need to think about getting my foot back into proper working order ... racing should take a back seat to my well being.
WHAT THE FOCK AM I SAYING??? RACING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING SINCE SLICED BREAD ... RIGHT???
I'll get my bearings straight before next weekend ... maybe I'm confused by all of those free meds that everyone dropped off this week ... :idea:
It was good getting out over the last couple of days ... please don't tell the Wardens (my wife & Doctor) ... I was supposed to be resting ...

TRG
10-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey there ... wait a minute Todd ... handicap people should be able to race too right?
I figure a hand operated throttle might be in order ... at this point ... I would go for anything!
Just messin' around ... I need to think about getting my foot back into proper working order ... racing should take a back seat to my well being.
WHAT THE FOCK AM I SAYING??? RACING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING SINCE SLICED BREAD ... RIGHT???
I'll get my bearings straight before next weekend ... maybe I'm confused by all of those free meds that everyone dropped off this week ... :idea:
It was good getting out over the last couple of days ... please don't tell the Wardens (my wife & Doctor) ... I was supposed to be resting ...
I could'nt agree with you more, but my warden's,.. wifey, Tommy and good ol' DOC told me that i am doing otherwise! lol
was really looking forward to this weekend but i guess spring will have to do!
but then again, i'll be in a new boat so that means i'll have more to look forward to!
hope all you guys are safe next weekend!
Have fun!

WUTWZAT
10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I could'nt agree with you more, but my warden's,.. wifey, Tommy and good ol' DOC told me that i am doing otherwise! lol
was really looking forward to this weekend but i guess spring will have to do!
but then again, i'll be in a new boat so that means i'll have more to look forward to!
hope all you guys are safe next weekend!
Have fun!
Todd, new boat? does this mean your boat has sold already? Or are you just going ahead with the new boat anyways. Congrats either way.
Jason

Cs19
10-17-2005, 08:54 AM
What kind of boat are you looking into Todd?

Jetboatguru
10-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Chris, you gonna try to put something together for the Parker 300 next year?

WUTWZAT
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I think Chris is welcome on the short bus if he is willing and with more than 10 days notice we'll have a few more boats with a little testing behind them by then.
Chris are you taking your drinking team to Ming this weekend? LMAO, Put me in coach I think I am up to the challenge!!!! ha ha ha.... :wink:
Jason

Cs19
10-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes. That looked like alot of fun.There are a few of us talking about putting something togethor.LGC has a 20' cruiser he wants to run and Cyclone's old Rogers is definatly a candidate, we are re-rigging it right now, we'll see what happens over winter.As of now nothing serious, just to do it for fun.
Im just 100% focused on Ming right now.I really want to get my set up somewhat sorted out by Sunday.
What boat are you running in the bracket and pro class?

Cs19
10-17-2005, 04:53 PM
I think Chris is welcome on the short bus if he is willing and with more than 10 days notice we'll have a few more boats with a little testing behind them by then.
Chris are you taking your drinking team to Ming this weekend? LMAO, Put me in coach I think I am up to the challenge!!!! ha ha ha.... :wink:
Jason
Jason, come on out. Like I told you the other night. YOUR HIRED.

WUTWZAT
10-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Jason, come on out. Like I told you the other night. YOUR HIRED.
What day and time you need a person there, is it a day trip deal or do we or I need a room. :D Who else is gonna be there? Should I bring a race boat?
Jason

Cs19
10-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Just whatever you want to do.Some guys stay the night, some just do the day thing.
Bring that daytona out and run it in RR. BTW I need a pic of that thing.

steelcomp
10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Brian,
Tony
Tony, is that TAF the one with the side mounted capsule?? I'd like an up close look at that one. Just curiosity.

TRG
10-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Just whatever you want to do.Some guys stay the night, some just do the day thing.
Bring that daytona out and run it in RR. BTW I need a pic of that thing.
Daytona??? did jason purchase an elim.?

Jetboatguru
10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Scott,
It is the TAF we race at IHBA. It is a Canyon All white # 535
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/thumbs/03_05_IHBA_LF_7654_535.jpg

sdpm
10-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Scott,
It is the TAF we race at IHBA. It is a Canyon All white # 535
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/03_05_IHBA_LF_7654_535.jpg
Looks like Tony drives RED X's too!

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Brian,
Tony
Okay ... here's the dealio ... had to wait until I had a clear "Coors Light free" mind :rollside:
Rulebook states:
Drivers are restricted to driving one category boat and one bracket boat per event.
But it says nothing about exhibition boats ... sooooooo ... if you're not running it in a class, you should be okay ...
see you out there ...

mj680
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Okay ... here's the dealio ... had to wait until I had a clear "Coors Light free" mind :rollside:
Rulebook states:
Drivers are restricted to driving one category boat and one bracket boat per event.
But it says nothing about exhibition boats ... sooooooo ... if you're not running it in a class, you should be okay ...
see you out there ...
So a driver can drive two boats also,as long as one in entered in a category and
the other is entered in a bracket.( not counting exhibition )Is that correct ? :confused:

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 01:37 PM
So a driver can drive two boats,as long as one in entered in a category and
the other is entered in a bracket.IS THAT RIGHT ? :confused:
I would have to say yes.
This is what it says:
A) Only the driver(s) signed on original entry prior to the close of registration will be eligible to drive the boat. Driver substitutes may be made only in the case of incapacity of the original driver as approved by the Race Committee. Failure to abide by this rule will result in disqualification of boat and number.
B) Drivers are restricted to driving one category boat and one bracket boat per event.
It clearly says one category boat and one bracket boat, so that tells me that a driver can drive 2 seperate boats, but they are limited to a total of 2 classes (one bracket and one pro). The only way that a 3rd boat is going to be accepted, is like in Tony's case, exhibition only.
Brian

NELSON#109
10-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I dont get this "holding the show" thing.You paid your entry fee, you get a shot at making your lap. If it does not fire, so be it, you'll get a red light on the race course and your towed back to the inramp and life goes on.Dont listen to some asshole next to you on the rope whos all pissy about you not starting,or some asshole on the internet whos just stirring the pot.Run your own race.
yea, what CShit head says... bring it out. we'll party with ya... you can pit next to me if i make it.... if not youll have to pit next to chris (CS19), just watch out, he's a little funny if ya catch my drift....

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
yea, what CShit head says... bring it out. we'll party with ya... you can pit next to me if i make it.... if not youll have to pit next to chris (CS19), just watch out, he's a little funny if ya catch my drift....
Oh, you live ... we figured a lot lizard had tied you up and left you for dead ...
you gonna make it out?