PDA

View Full Version : Quitting Smoking??

Wet Dream
12-31-2005, 07:21 AM
Anyone else going to give it a shot?
I'm really going to do it, but I'll feel sorry for the people around me for the next few days.

NashvilleBound
12-31-2005, 07:42 AM
lol....could be worse...I always feel sorry for the people around me :rolleyes: Good Luck.

HocusPocus
12-31-2005, 08:32 AM
there was a guy here who used hypnosis to quit.. at the time he said it worked great, not sure if its still working?

bigq
12-31-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm really going to do it, but I'll feel sorry for the people around me for the next few days.
My suggestion to you is to start drinking heavily! :)
That and pinch a Skoal when you get pissed, I have heard that works.

Redwing247
12-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Cold turkey 6 yrs ago, gain some weight as side effect. :mad:

Wet Dream
12-31-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm weighing in at 170 right now, and have been for the last 16 years. (35yr old) My heaviest has been 173, so if I push 180-185 and not in the right places, I might consider lighting up. I'll have to remember that Skoal thing.

canuck1
12-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Ask Hooligan.....

hoolign
12-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Ask Hooligan.....
Don't ask :mad:

canuck1
12-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Don't ask :mad:
Candy ass

SummitKarl
12-31-2005, 10:32 AM
I am going to give it a shot as well, it's been 20yrs now so it's time to let my last bad habbit from my youth go. wish me luck :)

al cole'holic
12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
I quit Dec 18th and feel really good! By far the worst was the first 2 days, I thought for sure it would just be another failed attempt at quiting but after that I was ok...now its just a little weird with that hand empty while drinking :) It is something I have been wanting to do for a while, glad I did it now...good luck to anyone going for a New Year's Resolution :)

INSman
12-31-2005, 02:59 PM
I am going to give it a shot as well, it's been 20yrs now so it's time to let my last bad habbit from my youth go. wish me luck :)
Karl
You can do it !!! I am sure it is not the easiest thing to do, but I lost my mom when she was only 50 due to lung cancer, obviously caused by those nasty coffin nails :mad:

Forkin' Crazy
12-31-2005, 09:58 PM
quiting smoking was easy for me ,lets not talk about the giving up beer :argue: :rollside: GOOD LUCK
No shit!!!! :D
Beer? NEVER!!!!! :crossx:
BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!! :220v: Best thing I have ever done... Everything actually smells... Plus... more money for BEER!!! :cool:

Panic Button
01-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Smoked the last one about 2 hours ago, we'll see how long it lasts.

FMluvswater
01-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Beware of 3's and 7's seriously! It's what I learned going through Canadian Cancer Society Fresh Start Quit Smoking program in 1997. 3rd (hour, day, week, month year, and 7th (hour, day, week, month, year and all multiples inclusive) those are times when you might be most vulnerable to go back tro smoking but if you know and plan ahead what you'll do you can win! :smile: It'll be 8 years for me on January 29th - also my birthday - best gift I ever gave myself. Much luck and strength to any and all attempting to beat the nic addiction. Never give up trying! Count even an hour without as a success and build from there! No self beatings. If you're making the effort you're doing great! :cool:

Flying Tiger
01-01-2006, 04:15 AM
Does nic-o-fit gum or patches help?

bigq
01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Might want to change the boat also.. :)

FMluvswater
01-01-2006, 09:28 AM
No shit!!!! :D
Beer? NEVER!!!!! :crossx:
BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!! :220v: Best thing I have ever done... Everything actually smells... Plus... more money for BEER!!! :cool:
Right on! Way to go FC! :cool: Congrats!

HOSS
01-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I quit for 13 weeks and went back. Been smoking round bout 8 months now. Doin it too. I set my goal on Monday. Just get the first day down. Then build from there.
Remember one thing,,,you can do whatever you want except smoke another cigarette for as long as you live. Ever.
At 4 bucks a day here and smoke more when boozing,,,I figure I save 250 a month from quitting and live life without coughing and sinus headaches.
They don`t do one GOD damn good thing for you either.

al cole'holic
01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
...how are you guys holding out here, be honest! I am actually fine, hell I played cards last night til about 3am and half the table was smoking...I really didn't want one and was ok :)

maxwedge
01-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I quit about five years ago for about the 500th time. That one finally took. Cold turkey, but I went to the gym a lot and ran, avoided smoker friends and bars, so I would feel better about getting in shape. Best thing I ever did and one of the hardest too. Impossible to explain to a non smoker. I will warn you, I was a pissed off asshole to everybody for the first month or so. But I Feel way better now at 34 than I ever did as a 16YO smoker. Great sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction knowing I kicked the habits ass. :crossx: Just do whatever it takes, pray for help, chew gum, join a class, get hypnotized, go talk with some people who are dying of emphasima and cancer, run a marathon whatever. Most important:DON'T EVER QUIT TRYING TO QUIT! It's worth it to you and your family to no you will be around a while longer. :)

Wet Dream
01-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Day 8, and I'm doing very well. I have no desire to start up again, but the first 4 days were HELL. It felt like I was drunk. My head was in a stupor.
I tried not to snap at people, and I held it all together. Not smoking has taken the wind out of my sails though. I don't have the desire to drink. Probably because when I drink, I like to smoke.

bigq
01-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Day 8, and I'm doing very well. I have no desire to start up again, but the first 4 days were HELL. It felt like I was drunk. My head was in a stupor.
I tried not to snap at people, and I held it all together. Not smoking has taken the wind out of my sails though. I don't have the desire to drink. Probably because when I drink, I like to smoke.
So you are saving your liver and lungs...nice job keep it up, it gets better day by day.

Tom Brown
01-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Don't. Taking care of yourself is one of the nicest things you can do for the people you love.
Congratulations on your current success and good luck. :cool:

Tom Brown
01-08-2006, 09:06 AM
BTW I quit smoking cigs last April from over 25 years!!!
You rock, FC. :cool:

mondorally
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
.....No self beatings......
Now is that if I quit smoking or if I don't? I mean, what you're demanding is really a serious sacrifice. I'll have to think this one through..... :) :rollside:
Justin

FMluvswater
01-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Now is that if I quit smoking or if I don't? I mean, what you're demanding is really a serious sacrifice. I'll have to think this one through..... :) :rollside:
Justin
If you quit and it don't stick don't beat yourself up regain your courage and quit again as many times as it takes until you identify yourself internally as an ex-smoker or even a non-smoker. You can do it. Many addicts have kicked THIS habit. In this case be a sheeple! :D

mondorally
01-08-2006, 04:22 PM
If you quit and it don't stick don't beat yourself up regain your courage and quit again as many times as it takes until you identify yourself internally as an ex-smoker or even a non-smoker. You can do it. Many addicts have kicked THIS habit. In this case be a sheeple! :D
What you're saying is exactly right. It's all in your head - and like you said - you may have to quit 100 times before it clicks that you can quit smoking. But I just couldn't help interpret the "self beatings" the wrong way! :rollside:
Justin

FMluvswater
01-08-2006, 05:40 PM
What you're saying is exactly right. It's all in your head - and like you said - you may have to quit 100 times before it clicks that you can quit smoking. But I just couldn't help interpret the "self beatings" the wrong way! :rollside:
Justin
:wink: Wrong way? :confused: :D LOL!