PDA

View Full Version : info on scarab 26cv

jtgilley
10-12-2005, 05:16 AM
hey hot boat,
i own a 1990 scarab 26cv. getting info from wellcraft is like pulling frog teeth. if you guys out there have any and all info on this particular group of boats i would be grateful for it. i can supply my hull number at a later time. thanx, tab :confused:

spectras only
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Is your boat like this ? ;)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/scarab%20CV.jpg

jtgilley
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
yes it is. there are a few differences. i have a padded deck on the back over the engine (454 magnum). my graphics are a little different on the bow deck and i don't have the scarab cv graphic on the lower gunwhale. instead i have a scarab logo on the upper gunwhale. it is a different font and slants forward as opposed to backward. it is about 5 inches tall and 12 inches long. by the way, i like your avatar. :D

spectras only
10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks , my boat is the same vintage as yours [ 1990 Mirage 257] and rare with twins since it's only a 24 footer without the built in swimgrid .

dlerch
10-12-2005, 04:20 PM
what info are you looking for?

jtgilley
10-14-2005, 01:12 AM
just about anything i can get. how many cv's were made in 90 and 91? is there anywhere you can find out any specifics about your boat using the hull number? just how rare are the cv's and how much are they worth on the market? what kind of conrigurations were they originally produced in? i can probably think of more later. i can tell you that wellcraft was no help. i called them and asked for info and they faxed me a spec sheet. hull number did no good cause apparently their records are no longer there. did this happen when they merged or were taken over by genmar? i gotta tell ya, i am pretty new to the boating world when it comes to hi-performance boats. i am really interested in scarabs and their pedigree because of the look and feel of the boat and because of the whole miami vice thing (so eighties!). the first time i put my foot in this thing i damn near had a heart attack. i'm a big time car guy but have rarely felt that kind of acceleration in a boat so i have gotten real curious about these boats. any info you have would be appreciated. thanx :eat: