PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Team Dana

Jetboatguru
10-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Wanted to say thanks to Tyson for throwing me the keys to the Dana in the Parker 300. Great ride and great people involved. I had a blast and we battled our asses off to get the MSD problems handled.
Thanks to Greg, Jim, WrightNow, Hustler, Lance Oster, and a couple other guys (I didnt get their names) for all the help.
Tyson, you have a perfect river/race boat and I appreciate you bringing me along for the ride. Sorry if it became a thrash. Congrats to Shocker and the others from the boards that finished well. If you guys passed me once more I was gonna launch an anchor at you!! :cool:

jackpunx
10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Wanted to say thanks to Tyson for throwing me the keys to the Dana in the Parker 300. Great ride and great people involved. I had a blast and we battled our asses off to get the MSD problems handled.
Thanks to Greg, Jim, WrightNow, Hustler, Lance Oster, and a couple other guys (I didnt get their names) for all the help.
Tyson, you have a perfect river/race boat and I appreciate you bringing me along for the ride. Sorry if it became a thrash. Congrats to Shocker and the others from the boards that finished well. If you guys passed me once more I was gonna launch an anchor at you!! :cool:
LMAO...
Thanks.. it was dumb luck.. and it was an honor to be involved on any level..

Jetboatguru
10-12-2005, 09:35 AM
LMAO...
Thanks.. it was dumb luck.. and it was an honor to be involved on any level..
No such thing as dumb luck in racing. You don't finish where you did without solid preparation. It was a blast!

flat broke
10-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Tony,
Thanks for stepping up on the driving duty and helping get Hacker that replacement MSD to keep going. Being able to feel that everyone was in good hands knowing you were there, made things a lot less stressful back at home. If you need an $$ for anything that went swimming during the race, shoot me a pm or give me a call.
Hacker has already issued me an adamant demand that I must not procreate between now and February/March to ensure that I'll be available come out next October :D I'd also like to thank my dad, Waxer, Wrightnow and anyone else that helped out the 02 boat. Unfortunate that something as silly as the MSD took you guys out for so long, but you can bet your ass, it won't happen next year; and I hope to god there is a next year for this event.
I'd also like to throw a little thanks out to Maximus because a little bird told me how you stepped up to make sure there was even a race to run. Sorry I didn't get to heet/hang out with you, but we'll catch up next year. ;)
Chris

hack job
10-12-2005, 12:50 PM
happy to have you.
and your more than welcome to drive again next year. i personaly cant wait . it was a blast hanging out with you ( that brought a lot of people by our pits) i want to express the fact that you kept in mind what i wanted and you did every thing you could to keep her out safely. and i really was happy that when the issue came up you were right to the trailer. thanks very much again . and we will see you next year for sure!!!! :wink:

MAXIMUS
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I'd also like to throw a little thanks out to Maximus because a little bird told me how you stepped up to make sure there was even a race to run. Sorry I didn't get to heet/hang out with you, but we'll catch up next year. ;)
Chris
It was my pleasure... Your boat was very nice! Tony did a very good job taking care of it out there! Next year will be a great one for sure...

flat broke
10-12-2005, 03:33 PM
It was my pleasure... Your boat was very nice! Tony did a very good job taking care of it out there! Next year will be a great one for sure...
I wish I could say that is my boat. Tyson and his fiance have the sole privelege of calling that theirs. I just help with the stupid little stuff and nag him when he gets in a hurry ;) I've probably asked him 5 times already if he wan'ts to run my Spectra instead next year, and each time he just says, "we'll run the Dana".
Chris

waxer
10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Tony; It was a priveledge to hang with you this weekend. I can say the entire team had a blast. We learned alot, & wil be there next year for sure.
It was great to see Hacker drive the boat on the final session & he really drove the boat on that 1st lap like he stole it.
You are truly one of the nicest people I've met & look forward to pitting for you next year.
Waxer / Greg

Jetboatguru
10-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Greg,
You were a huge help the whole time. It's all about having fun and Tyson got to get some laps in near the end of the day so that made it worth it to me. He was hauling ass in the crappy water. Thanks again!!
Tony

Cs19
10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Team Dana did an awesome job, I was busting up when I saw Tony take off and instantly get on the place diverter trying to get it freed up, Im sure he was looking for a pedal instead of a handle. :cool: Looked like after a lap or so he had the boat pretty much figured out.
Good job guys.

Jetboatguru
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
So you saw that!! It took me most of the day to figure out what to do with my left foot. His diverter reacted quickly to the button and worked like a down pedal. I was surprised at how well the boat ran in rough water. Next time maybe a vertex? :p

Moneypitt
10-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Tony, I offered you a vertex to use on Saturday after the second failure!!!..MP

hack job
10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
i dont know if your chevy vertex would work in my ford . lol although i do appericate it!;)

Moneypitt
10-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Adapt and overcome..........LOL............