PDA

View Full Version : ok bad desert center drivers...

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
which one of you almost killed my parents sunday?My folks were driving home from my house sunday back to havasu,sometime in the afternoon.My dad said traffic heading west was bad.Some asshole decided he just couldnt follow people towing so he pulled out for the multi car pass.He didnt have enough power or brains to make it past everyone and got hung out,my dad saw it coming,did the typical light flashing etc,the truck couldnt get back in,the people towing boats could let him in,no room.So my dad slams the breaks,drives off in the dirt and nearly flips his honda......he said its the last time he will ever drive on desert center,it was that bad.So if your the dick that sent a gold honda accord into the dirt,F you!Pull your head outta your ass,dont involve innocent people,could be someones mom and dad!

WYRD
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
ahhhh the infamous Rice Road, I don't take that way anymore I go the 40. Gald everything worked out for you and your folks, could of been bad :idea:

Froggystyle
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, you are clearly pissed, and with great reason. However, that being said...
We are all boaters. The guy you are pissed at didn't have a boat behind him.
Sorry to hear about your folks. If I were you, I would take it up with one of the locals though...

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 11:52 AM
thats a good point,i could only guess it was a boating/river person.But true could be just a non boater A hole,,,,,,that road does suck,it amazes me how people pass on there,then you catch up to them in indio at carls jr,never fails

Froggystyle
10-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I went down that road once. Now I go the back way through Quartzite. It really doesn't take any extra time, the road is a whole lot nicer and you get the added benefit of going through Quartzite...
Double Whoopie...

ROZ
10-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Did he throw the shocker?

djunkie
10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Thats sucks. I've had WAYYYYY too many close calls on Rice Road. Thats why I go all the to Ehrinberg. Its a few miles farther but theres a lot less traffic and I feel safer on the 10. Usually takes about the same amount of time to get there too.

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
it was the reverse shocker,,,,I think may dad was pissed he got his 20s dirty,he wiped them down here before he left!

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
last 4 trips out ive stayed off rice road,only erinburgh now,its only 8 to 10 miles farther

ROZ
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
he got his 20s dirty,he wiped them down here before he left!
Well I'm glad to hear everything ended up alright :)
Hope he didn't damage the body kit :notam: :D

BajaMike
10-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I went down that road once. Now I go the back way through Quartzite. It really doesn't take any extra time, the road is a whole lot nicer and you get the added benefit of going through Quartzite...
Double Whoopie...
How do you go through Quartzite??
I like Rice Road....but not on busy weekends. I don't get the a**holes who are so impatient. That road is a nice, wide, well maintained 2 lane highway. Out of the 100 mile drive, there are about 5 miles where it's double yellow, because of curves or dips, and thats where the a**hole choose to pass. :confused: :confused:
I love it on a Thursday night at midnight in my BMW, turn on the radar detector, set the cruise at 90 mph, and it's a great ride....usually only see one or cars the whole way, and usually one is a CHP... :D :D

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 12:11 PM
from dana point,just stay on the 10 ,go over the river,1st exit is erinburgh,takes you to parker,near the chevy dealership,its straight and flat,theres a few areas you need to slow down in,going through crossroads areas etc

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 12:12 PM
ive had my boat home to socal once in years,i never tow it. :D

djunkie
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
last 4 trips out ive stayed off rice road,only erinburgh now,its only 8 to 10 miles farther
Exactly. I'll deal with the 55mph speed limit and the few extra miles just to know I won't have the desert center yahoos to worry about.

LAVEYSABRE575
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
My buddy saw that happen in front of them, he pulled over to see if your parents were alright. Im glad there safe he was pulling a 21 lavey xtski...derek

nhbuoy
10-12-2005, 12:18 PM
...boats...cars...dirt bikes...sand rails/buggies...motorcycles...golf balls...OMG...you guys can't drive anything!!!... :wink: ...jk...glad your 'rents made it home safely.......

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 12:21 PM
tell your friends thanks,my dad didnt say anyone stopped.He was pretty shock up over it,which for my dad being a socal driving native is scary.Im was pretty freaked out listening to him tell me about it.

OGShocker
10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
which one of you almost killed my parents sunday?My folks were driving home from my house sunday back to havasu,sometime in the afternoon.My dad said traffic heading west was bad.Some asshole decided he just couldnt follow people towing so he pulled out for the multi car pass.He didnt have enough power or brains to make it past everyone and got hung out,my dad saw it coming,did the typical light flashing etc,the truck couldnt get back in,the people towing boats could let him in,no room.So my dad slams the breaks,drives off in the dirt and nearly flips his honda......he said its the last time he will ever drive on desert center,it was that bad.So if your the dick that sent a gold honda accord into the dirt,F you!Pull your head outta your ass,dont involve innocent people,could be someones mom and dad!
Glad they're OK.
BTW, I was in Houston

BajaMike
10-12-2005, 12:30 PM
from dana point,just stay on the 10 ,go over the river,1st exit is erinburgh,takes you to parker,near the chevy dealership,its straight and flat,theres a few areas you need to slow down in,going through crossroads areas etc
Ok, I know the way....I came home that way last month when I heard Rice Road was flooded. :mix:
And you can always get off the I-10 at Rice road and enjoy the nice clean restrooms at the gas station in Desert Center...... :D :D :D

Tom Brown
10-12-2005, 12:34 PM
If I were you, I would take it up with one of the locals though...
... by randomly shooting at people on the road. It's the LA way. :cool:
RiverRoyal, I'm glad your parents are OK. :)
Almost killed means... not killed. Notice the 'not'.

Tom Brown
10-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Glad they're OK.
BTW, I was in Houston
We need to see a hotel receipt. :idea:

Tom Brown
10-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I'll deal with the 55mph speed limit and the few extra miles just to know I won't have the desert center yahoos to worry about.
Yahoos? :mad:

djunkie
10-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Yahoos? :mad:
Another word for freaks, punks, assholes........feal free to add your own. :D

2Driver
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Golf balls or full soda cans work on those F_holes :hammerhea
Kidding of course
Had it happen to me coming back from the Grand Canyon, only I was the guy he push off the road to get back in line so as to avoid a head-on.
I caught up to him, took pictures of him and his car while he watched, then told him he was going to be F'd big time. He looked pretty scared after that. DPS was supposed to have nailed him on I40 heading west, but I never got a call.

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
ive actually done that,one of those corners is kinda flat,maybe even off camber a bit.Ive drifted at 65ish in a stock truck.Glad you didnt get hit

riverroyal
10-12-2005, 01:16 PM
wasnt making excuses for the guy,trust me on that.Wasnt a little girl named madison hurt from a rice road accident at the start of summer??? anyone have updates?

2Driver
10-12-2005, 01:22 PM
"serious" boaters don't tow thier boats home, they leave them at their river house and they never drive home on sundays :cool: - keyes
yeah right :rolleyes: