PDA

View Full Version : My Sunday

carreraelite
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Started at around 5 a.m., after getting home at about 1:30 a.m., with a phone call from the Peoria Fire Dept. They were letting us know that the g/f's 17 y/o daughter was in a serious auto accident and was on her way to St. Joesephs Hospital by ground ambulance.
It seems that instead of being at her friends house, her b/f (19y/o) and his cousin had picked her up to go to a party. They came back aroud 4 a.m. and picked up the truck, then headed over to the cousins house.
She apparently dosed off and drifted left, which starteld her, then she over corrected right. After going across all 3 lanes, they then hit the guard rail at an angle with the left front. The truck then hit the rail with the left side,spun off of it then rolled 3/4 of a turn, comming to rest on the left side. She was ejected from the truck, her b/f wasn't as lucky. He made it out far enough to be pinned between the pavement and the left rear cab pillar, by way of his head. They both had cuts and bruises, no broken bones or internal injuries. She was released late sunday night, he was supposed to be released last night.
In all accounts these were two very lucky kids!! She is starting to understand just how much trouble she has caused to her mother and father , as well as the b/f, his family and all of their friends. Now it's a matter of what the legal system will do.
She had been warned about alcohol and the things that could happen. She now knows that it's not just going to happen to somebody else,because now it's happened to her.
I relay this story so that others can pass it on, so they too can see it's a reality!! It can happen to you!! You may be that somebody else!!

76ANTHONY
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
wow they where lucky, that sucks

MsDrmr
10-12-2005, 01:58 PM
My gosh, thats horrible. Glad she was okay, but lucky is right..this time

core attitude
10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Glad to hear all is going to be O.K. and hopefully this learning experience will help them make better decisions in the future.......so they may have a future.
Pete

dicudmore
10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
wow Glenn...glad to hear they are ok

ROZ
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
They're lucky they didn't strike another car....
Count your blessings they weren't severely hurt, and I hope this lesson changes their pattern of thought.
Good luck :)

JetBoatRich
10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
sounds like they will be OK :rolleyes: which is the main thing :D
Did I miss something, was there alcohol involved or did she just dose off?

carreraelite
10-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Alcohol is possable, as they were at a party.

C-2
10-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow,
Sorry to hear that Glen. Thank god they're o.k. - I almost stopped reading the post when I saw the part about being pinned via his head. Lucky, lucky, lucky.