PDA

View Full Version : Who's season is over?

ECeptor
10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I winterized my rig Sunday afternoon. I'm done boating until the spring thaw... :(

Carnivalride
10-13-2005, 03:28 AM
I winterized my rig Sunday afternoon. I'm done boating until the spring thaw... :(
Ed,
Why on earth would you do that??? Did you not see the forecast for this weekend? If you want I'll give you a call next time mine goes out (this year by the way). :D :D

Sweet Addiction
10-13-2005, 04:42 AM
What!!! What winter. I am picking up the boat this weekend. I don't think winter will interfer with my boating though. Last year my brother and I boated through the winter. Just wear some long cloths, a cap, and take some crown and coke and it will be alright.

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Loren - it was time. Nice weather, all day to do it at a lazy pace, and no distractions Sunday made it the right time. Everything with the engine and outdrive is ready for the long sleep. I'll buff and wax the gel coat sometime in the next month then forget about it till spring.
If you go out, let me know. I'll chip in for gas money...

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 05:35 AM
What!!! What winter. I am picking up the boat this weekend. I don't think winter will interfer with my boating though. Last year my brother and I boated through the winter. Just wear some long cloths, a cap, and take some crown and coke and it will be alright.
Damn, I'm jealous! Those are two things I despirately want to do - boat year round and boat more with my bro!

Sweet Addiction
10-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Damn, I'm jealous! Those are two things I despirately want to do - boat year round and boat more with my bro!
Lol, well, we have a good time. I am sure we will do it more often this year. Last year we went to a lake where our folks have a place, but it is hard to get off work to go that way now. Lake Travis will do just fine I am sure. If you are ever in the area look me up, you can come catch a ride with us.

Carnivalride
10-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Loren - it was time. Nice weather, all day to do it at a lazy pace, and no distractions Sunday made it the right time. Everything with the engine and outdrive is ready for the long sleep. I'll buff and wax the gel coat sometime in the next month then forget about it till spring.
If you go out, let me know. I'll chip in for gas money...
Ed,
I might give you a call but it won't be this weekend. :( Tammy wants me to take her to the Fall Festival in Haysville and I've got afew things I need to do around the house. I'm sorta shooting for the weekend of the 22-23. I'll let you know as it gets closer.
So now that your done for the year you can start the performance mods right! :2purples: :2purples:
Later,

Infomaniac
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Dude were taking the fast boat out tomorrow. Camping at the lake fri night w the family boat and taking the fast boat out again Sunday

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Lol, well, we have a good time. I am sure we will do it more often this year. Last year we went to a lake where our folks have a place, but it is hard to get off work to go that way now. Lake Travis will do just fine I am sure. If you are ever in the area look me up, you can come catch a ride with us.
I might take you up on that sometime. My gf would be very happy if I took her to Austin for a vacation!

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Ed,
I might give you a call but it won't be this weekend. :( Tammy wants me to take her to the Fall Festival in Haysville and I've got afew things I need to do around the house. I'm sorta shooting for the weekend of the 22-23. I'll let you know as it gets closer.
So now that your done for the year you can start the performance mods right! :2purples: :2purples:
Later,
Just call, I can usually find some time to get out.
We'll have to see if Santa brings me some $$$ for performance mods at x-mas...

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Dude were taking the fast boat out tomorrow. Camping at the lake fri night w the family boat and taking the fast boat out again Sunday
What lake? The water here was pretty darn cool last weekend.

Infomaniac
10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
What lake? The water here was pretty darn cool last weekend.
Keystone and Ft. Gibson. We don't intend to go swimming. :notam:

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Keystone and Ft. Gibson. We don't intend to go swimming. :notam:
I need to move to Tulsa...much better water in your neck of the woods.....

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Dude were taking the fast boat out tomorrow.
OK, given the kind of engines you build exactly what does a guy like you consider a "fast boat"???
I'm almost afraid to ask...

Infomaniac
10-13-2005, 06:38 PM
It our fast boat as compared to the Ultra family boat.
19' Cougar v-drive with 565 CID engine. Running on alcohol

ECeptor
10-13-2005, 06:50 PM
It our fast boat as compared to the Ultra family boat.
19' Cougar v-drive with 565 CID engine. Running on alcohol
After riding in Carnival Ride last weekend, I kinda understand how nutty fast that boat would be!
What's the top end? 130?

Carnivalride
10-14-2005, 03:39 AM
After riding in Carnival Ride last weekend, I kinda understand how nutty fast that boat would be!
Weenie! no such thing as "nutty fast" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D
What's the top end? 130?
Hell that would be great! :D :D I could be satisfied with that for a summer or two ...maybe. :devil: :devil:

DUECE'SDAD
10-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Im done, i washed and waxed mine to put her into hibernation, i will be pulling the motor hopefully saturday and should have it in my car by next weekend, as long as the family isnt too busy. Idont really like bundeling up to go to the lake. We went out this weekend to broken bow lake and rented a deck boat, and the hole blakets and kids wearing life jackets over the coats is kinda weird. Must fisherman that drowned do so b/c they have to much crap on to swim. . . And hopefully one of my big blocks will be sprouting a blower and possibly injection before next may ! ! ! !

Pee Dub
10-14-2005, 04:45 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2116004.jpg
Tenkiller 11' below normal, will not start coming back up til Feb.,season over.

Carnivalride
10-14-2005, 04:56 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2116004.jpg
Tenkiller 11' below normal, will not start coming back up til Feb.,season over.
Man you have a legitimate excuse there! :2purples: :2purples: Is that normal for them to drain Tenkiller that low?

Pee Dub
10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Final stages of drawdown for spillway addition. They said it needed to be down 6' and it was at that level before Labor Day. I guess they pulled the other 5' out for heavy rain insurance. Supposed to be filling back up sometime in February with normal levels before the spring boating season.

ECeptor
10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, that looks way more than just 11' below normal...
Drained that low would be a good time for any ramp repair.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Lowrider is done I think. She's in the garage in her winter spot, the block is drained, but not the oil just yet or anti-freeze. The motor is coming out one of these weekends(as is everything else) to flip her over to clean up her hull and blend the intake (lotta scars from ???? over 27 years, guess I learn how to spray gell haha). Lightning headers go on by spring, as well as a drive rebuild to take the extra HP from a NOS "Sniper" setup to replace the old MMM setup from 1979, a recarpeting too. "Winter Project III"

ECeptor
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Lowrider is done I think. She's in the garage in her winter spot, the block is drained, but not the oil just yet or anti-freeze. The motor is coming out one of these weekends(as is everything else) to flip her over to clean up her hull and blend the intake (lotta scars from ???? over 27 years, guess I learn how to spray gell haha). Lightning headers go on by spring, as well as a drive rebuild to take the extra HP from a NOS "Sniper" setup to replace the old MMM setup from 1979, a recarpeting too. "Winter Project III"
Busy winter ahead, huh? Sounds like fun!

Infomaniac
10-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Come on you guys. 9 drag boats at the Thurs night gathering.
IT"S NOT OVER !!!!!

Carnivalride
10-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Come on you guys. 9 drag boats at the Thurs night gathering.
IT"S NOT OVER !!!!!
I like the way you think! :D :D

olbiezer
10-17-2005, 08:51 AM
looks as if i am done for the year also......hard to take when its 85 degrees and sunny every day and the rez is down 4 feet looks something like that tenkiller pic.....took it down for herecane repair after katreena washed out some of the bank rocks and stuff no rain so not coming back till feb or march......waaaaaa waaaaa :supp: