PDA

View Full Version : Advantage or Lavey

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 09:22 AM
So here's the deal.... Advantage Party Cat 28 XL, or the Lavey Prowler 28???
Has them..who's riddin in both?? Getting ready to pull the trigger, just so many choices...

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Both are great boats , we were very interested in them , but ended up gettting a different boat .
Laveys fit and finish Is very Nice , I think compared to Advantange , Better quality look and Tooling. I did like the fact that Lavey does Vaccum Bag .
Customer service on my end from advantage (dealer) Bill@ specialtyboats was a bit better .
Dont forget to go big on the power, big heavy boats.
Check out BadASSChevys New Prowler , very nice

LHC30Victory
10-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Conquest!!!!

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Conquest!!!!
Thats were we would be if purchasing a deckboat. Keith Sayre from Conquest is a great Guy to talk to .. :cool:
Check out E-ticket , Or Howard also

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I almost bought the Lavey a while back and did reserch for ever. I think it's the best as far as quality, handling rough stuff, staying dry, and speed.
I owned an 02 26 ft Partycat and it was junk. I do like the customer service and convinience of Advantage being in Havasu. If you dont leave the boat there I guess it would not matter.

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Conquest are nice, but I like the deeper style boats, that's why I've narrowed down to the 2... I like the built in coolers on the Lavey, opposed to dragging a cooler onboard the advantage... going with the 525 with whichever I go with, unless anyone thing the 600SC would be better. I like the Ilmor/Teague package too, but I fear finding service service in Havasu for it...

RiverToysJas
10-13-2005, 09:33 AM
I have been on both boats, both will get you across the water. The Lavey though is the hand's down winner in fit, finish, and rigging. Jeff and Larry are really on the cutting edge with the gels these days too. Lavey is a great family run shop too.
Good luck with your search for the boat that fits your needs best.
RTJas :D

Jordy
10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Damn RTJ, post #7??? You have a rough night or something??? :jawdrop: :notam:
PS, I'd strongly recommend checking out the Kachina. ;)

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 09:39 AM
I like the Ilmor/Teague package too
I spoke to advantage this last weekend at the LB boat show and they had told me they dont have the engine configuration to adjust to the new Ilmor as of yet in the 27' or 28'
Rule of thumb that was told to me when it comes to motors ...
Figure on what you can afford and go 1 if not 2 steps up from there. Its a hard pill to swallow but very well worth it in the end . Those are big heavy boats .

rivercrazy
10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
IMHO - Lavey has the edge on gelcoat execution, rigging, hull design, layup, tooling. And dealing with a tight family run organization is also a big plus. Not sure but I would think the Lavey would cost more but would be worth the $$$

RiverToysJas
10-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Damn RTJ, post #7??? You have a rough night or something??? :jawdrop: :notam:
PS, I'd strongly recommend checking out the Kachina. ;)
I was actually in this thread first thing when my beeper alerted me to another Lavey question. I could have been #2, but chose to wait....it was purely a political move. ;) :D
Everyone should shop Kachina first. :crossx:
RTJas :D

MayDaze
10-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I hear Shockwave is coming out with a new 28ft Deck Boat by the LA Boat Show.... :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I like the Ilmor/Teague package too, but I fear finding service service in Havasu for it...
I believe Alco in Havasu is the Ilmor authorized service center in Havasu.

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 10:07 AM
It's only a 12k upgrade to the Ilmor or 600SC, when your in for 120K +/-, what's a little extra?? Anyone have a Kachina?? Ridin in one??

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Upgrade from what ? How much from the standard engine they give ..Is that with the teague drive also ?
I hear the 600 is not worth the money for the upgrade.
I would go Ilmor all day, Actually we did ........... :rollside:
Anyone have a Kachina?? Ridin in one??
I think the kachina thing was a Joke . :)

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone have a Kachina?? Ridin in one??
Apparently my attempt at sarcasm failed. :(

Garrddogg
10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
:hammerhea Apparently my attempt at sarcasm failed. :(
:hammerhea

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
My bad...didn't get the sarcasm... hard to work and play and daydream at the same time... Mr. Harley.. what kind of boat do you runt the Ilmor in?? How do you like it?? Problems??

dicudmore
10-13-2005, 10:15 AM
My bad...didn't get the sarcasm... hard to work and play and daydream at the same time... Mr. Harley.. what kind of boat do you runt the Ilmor in?? How do you like it?? Problems??
his is still in the works...but its gonna be bitchin' :D
nashville bound has the Ilmor in a 28' Magic deck and it runs well

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Mr. Harley.. what kind of boat do you runt the Ilmor in?? How do you like it?? Problems??
Dcb F-29..........Cant really say other than what I have read and got from a Few Members here . My boat is barely about to hit the mold.
I would contact Nashvillebound , He can give you some 1st hand opinions on his Motor (Ilmor) in His Magic 28ft deck.
Are you thinking about the 550 or 625?

dicudmore
10-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Rule of thumb that was told to me when it comes to motors ...
Figure on what you can afford and go 1 if not 2 steps up from there. Its a hard pill to swallow but very well worth it in the end . Those are big heavy boats .
Take it from a guy with underpowered boats (me)
This is VERY good advice

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 10:20 AM
The 625... the 12k is an upgrade from the 525... I hear they sound funky but awesome... I actually put a deposit on the Advantage at the LB show, but stopped by Lavey and just saw a whole different light with the construction of the boat. Hard descision.... :hammerhea

MR HARLEY
10-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Take it from a guy with underpowered boats (me)
This is VERY good advice
Respects to Mr. Kilrtoy right there . I cant take credit for it .
his is still in the works...but its gonna be bitchin'
Thank You Sir !!
I heard the Ilmors sound like Indy Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boa1277
10-13-2005, 10:40 AM
The 625... the 12k is an upgrade from the 525... I hear they sound funky but awesome... I actually put a deposit on the Advantage at the LB show, but stopped by Lavey and just saw a whole different light with the construction of the boat. Hard descision.... :hammerhea
If I was going to purchase a 28ft deck I would buy the new Howard, I would power it with a Whipplecharged 565 by Paul Pfaff, 850hp,(see Shaken Not Stirred motor setup, do not use his drive) I would mate it to a Imco 4x4 drive if I wanted to save a few bucks I would go with the Imco Sc drive mated thru a tranny. That just my dream setup. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Holland
10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Dumb question... Did you look at Hallett's 28?

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Another Issue... just called Teague and they told me that Savage is the Ilmor service center in Havasu... so that just guaranteed a 525 for me, unless Alco is in fact the alternate choice. I will NEVER do business again with Savage...
long story... just can't stand the fools....

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Maybe you should go for twins. :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01150.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Picture_044.jpg
Twin Mercury Mercruiser 496 H.O. Engines w/ XR Drives and Imco Full Power Steering w/ Hydraulic Helm (85 mph!)
░ $138,900
:D

Holland
10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Twin Mercury Mercruiser 496 H.O. Engines w/ XR Drives and Imco Full Power Steering w/ Hydraulic Helm (85 mph!)
░ $138,900
That is sooooo F'IN nice Matt... Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 10:51 AM
That is sooooo F'IN nice Matt... Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I am just trying to help out me4drvr. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
10-13-2005, 10:55 AM
That came out awesome Matt!

Garrddogg
10-13-2005, 10:57 AM
░ $138,900
Matt that boat looks sofa king good! cant wait to see it on the water.. :D

me4drvr
10-13-2005, 11:00 AM
That boat is bitchen too Matt, but I'm trying to stick with 1 engine... the lavey with a 525 supposedly rolls 78, and a tad more with the Ilmor or 600 package... Congrats on the new boat... we'll have to hook up after whatever I build gets done and throw down some silver bullets...

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I heard AFTERSHOCK is having a fire sale as we speak.....
Im J/K relax people :rollside:

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 11:02 AM
That boat is bitchen too Matt, but I'm trying to stick with 1 engine... the lavey with a 525 supposedly rolls 78, and a tad more with the Ilmor or 600 package... Congrats on the new boat... we'll have to hook up after whatever I build gets done and throw down some silver bullets...
Sounds good to me. :)

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
I heard AFTERSHOCK is having a fire sale as we speak.....
Im J/K relax people :rollside:
lol
That is wrong.

LHC30Victory
10-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Matt, is that 138K with or without that killer sound system????
If so, I have an Advantage 30 for sale - fast!!!

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Matt, is that 138K with or without that killer sound system????
If so, I have an Advantage 30 for sale - fast!!!
Without, but I purchased all the stereo stuff separately.

WYRD
10-13-2005, 11:26 AM
What ever boat you decide on make sure you call it the "SHOCKER" so we know who you are :D

OGShocker
10-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Has them..who's riddin in both?? Getting ready to pull the trigger, just so many choices...
E ticket or MAGIC.

mbrown2
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Lavey or Howard, but since you did not mention Howard....Lavey
Although the E-Ticket seems like a well put together boat, personnally I would not do the twin setup on the E-Ticket if I could do a single with a 625 that is going to run right in the same MPH area for cheaper out the door. Too much headache and service $$ with twins. In addition, although I like the Conquest and Magic, you will look like 7-10 boat owners on Havasu running either of those boats...."every weekend is a regatta"...
I would not even consider the Advantage to the Lavey...look at the construction, layup and rigging, and you will see why. In fact go look at some used boats that 6-8 years old from each builder and you will see why.

BADAXE
10-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Lavey or Howard, but since you did not mention Howard....Lavey
The above is right on the money.
If I were looking for a deck boat I would shop the new Howard, the new Hallett 285 and the Lavey. All three are top quality. I must say without bias the Howard is the best looking of the bunch.
But, if you have narrowed it down to Lavey or Advantage I would say no contest, it has to be Lavey.

BADASS38CHEVY
10-13-2005, 02:14 PM
We love our lavey deck.Lavey is actually 30 1/2 feet long.Power to power Lavey is a little quicker boat because it is bolsa cored and bagged.Lavey only has 2 short stringers for the motor mounts, making for a stronger and lighter boat.Lavey comes pretty much loaded with options for standard package.Thats just my opinion.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showgallery.php?ppuser=2760&cat=500

Essex29
10-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Talk to Shaken Not Stirred, he sells boats for Advantage! :D

Supultlbich
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I have to second the quotes regarding quality and rigging. We love our Lavey and will buy another when we sell our current 24. (Need more room) There is no comparison between the two. None. Jeff and everyone at Lavey will bend over backwards for you and the quality of the rigs is right there at the top of the list. I vote for the Lavey.
If you have any questions about the new Howard deck boat, PM Sdlifesaver, he took a ride in it a few weeks back and had to smoke a cigarrete afterwards he was so exited.

Boa1277
10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
We love our lavey deck.Lavey is actually 30 1/2 feet long.Power to power Lavey is a little quicker boat because it is bolsa cored and bagged.Lavey only has 2 short stringers for the motor mounts, making for a stronger and lighter boat.Lavey comes pretty much loaded with options for standard package.Thats just my opinion.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showgallery.php?ppuser=2760&cat=500
I do not know who sold you on the short stringer concept, but it is not stronger, maybe lighter but not stronger. Full length stringers are the way to go if you want something that is going to hold up for 30yrs, then again if you plan on racing and selling the boat reasonably soon (within 10yrs) maybe the short stringers are the way to go.

Man-de-lone
10-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I do not know who sold you on the short stringer concept, but it is not stronger, maybe lighter but not stronger. Full length stringers are the way to go if you want something that is going to hold up for 30yrs, then again if you plan on racing and selling the boat reasonably soon (within 10yrs) maybe the short stringers are the way to go.
Maybe he meant "stronger" as opposed to no stringers.... :hammerhea :p

Man-de-lone
10-13-2005, 03:49 PM
PM Sdlifesaver, he took a ride in it a few weeks back and had to smoke a cigarrete afterwards he was so excited.
LMAO :p :p :p

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-13-2005, 06:01 PM
░ $138,900
Hell ya!! This is the shiat!! Don't let anyone tell you different about twins!! I thought this boat was way more than this!! Bob Teague told me just the other day the E-Ticket is the ticket hands down. I don't care if you like him or not but I don't know anyone who has driven more boats. For an extra 10 Grand this boat is the only answer. With my twin Hos my insurance is only $300 a year and 87 gas. Add that up against the too expensive service crap!!

BADASS38CHEVY
10-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Maybe he meant "stronger" as opposed to no stringers.... :hammerhea :p
Thanks for correcting me on that one!!

INSman
10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Why not take a look at the new Howard and the Cobra Python ??
I think both of those should be in the running over an Advantage, just my .02c :idea: :D

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Hell ya!! This is the shiat!! Don't let anyone tell you different about twins!! I thought this boat was way more than this!! Bob Teague told me just the other day the E-Ticket is the ticket hands down. I don't care if you like him or not but I don't know anyone who has driven more boats. For an extra 10 Grand this boat is the only answer. With my twin Hos my insurance is only $300 a year and 87 gas. Add that up against the too expensive service crap!!
Who do you use for insurance? That's a steal. I did get a good one myself though considering how hard it is with the cats.

INSman
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Who do you use for insurance? That's a steal. I did get a good one myself though considering how hard it is with the cats.
There is something very wrong on an insurance premium of $300 on ANY boat, much less a Cat or Deck w/ twins :2purples: :hammerhea

OutCole'd
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
If the choice is between Lavey & Advantage, I would pic the
E Ticket. :D

mbrown2
10-13-2005, 07:38 PM
This coming from a guy who bought a twin engine cat to go 80....; probably could have bought a single engine cat with stock motor and go quicker...:):):)
Also, not sure where you are getting the 10K diff from....In real world pricing I would see it more like 20-25diff....The E-Ticket is a real nice boat though...
$300 a year for Insurance....You must get your insurance from this guy...
:):)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23sunkloot.jpg

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
I have allstate and I have like 6 other lines through them too. House,auto,life,umbrella,rhino,etc... That might explain the cheaper rate but thats what I pay. I have the absolute hightest liability and all the good stuff too. I did go with the $1000 deductible as well. Then again I have the Baja with them too and that might be part of it.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
This coming from a guy who bought a twin engine cat to go 80....; probably could have bought a single engine cat with stock motor and go quicker...:):):)
Also, not sure where you are getting the 10K diff from....In real world pricing I would see it more like 20-25diff....The E-Ticket is a real nice boat though...
$300 a year for Insurance....You must get your insurance from this guy...
:):)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23sunkloot.jpg
Hey dummy!!! My boat goes 90!!! It handles awesome with twins and the price of those boats with 525's are around 125 decked out. I don't need to go any faster than 90 and waste all the cash on gas and payments for insurance.

mbrown2
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey dummy!!! My boat goes 90!!! It handles awesome with twins and the price of those boats with 525's are around 125 decked out. I don't need to go any faster than 90 and waste all the cash on gas and payments for insurance.
Calm down and have Heiny:):):)...since you are saving all that insurance money from your agent.

GAME TIME
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I'd say check out Domn8er as well. Their deck boat is a bit heavier than most but it is very user friendly. A LOT of room and built in ice chest (as some one mentioned they liked). This one is a little wild...http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1914DOMN8ER_PICTURES_28_DECK_BOAT_BOBS_BOAT_010.jp g

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Calm down and have Heiny:):):)...since you are saving all that insurance money from your agent.
OK I feel beter now!! :hammerhea

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 08:23 PM
I'd say check out Domn8er as well. Their deck boat is a bit heavier than most but it is very user friendly. A LOT of room and built in ice chest (as some one mentioned they liked). This one is a little wild...http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1914DOMN8ER_PICTURES_28_DECK_BOAT_BOBS_BOAT_010.jp g
The stereo sound very good on this one too.
I hope Domin8er doesn't splash mine exactly like they splash the last Eticket though! :argue:
I have some friends who have one also and checked them out before I bought mine.

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
If the choice is between Lavey & Advantage, I would pic the
E Ticket. :D
lol. Good choice.
I also like your sig. lol :D

GAME TIME
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
The stereo sound very good on this one too.
I hope Domin8er doesn't splash mine exactly like they splash the last Eticket though! :argue:
I have some friends who have one also and checked them out before I bought mine.
Yeah, I saw that. :devil: It was on their first 25 deck boat. But at least the same guy did it... :D Being that he lays them for about 7 different manufacturers.

Phat Matt
10-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I saw that. :devil: It was on their first 25 deck boat. But at least the same guy did it... :D Being that he lays them for about 7 different manufacturers.
Then I guess that would make two. I was refering to this new one.
http://www.eticketboats.com/Luxury_Cat/2005_gallery2/images/05-luxury_cat_deck_boat.jpg
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b5ce29b3127cce985485f2f2c100000037108AaNWzFizbNu

No Name
10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Apparently my attempt at sarcasm failed. :(
No we got it, but I think it is getting old.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL, don't you know that nothing gets old around here??? These guys each have a stick for every dead horse in this joint. You automatically get a stick for your 1000th post. They gild it for you when you hit 10K.
Yes, I got one also, I just choose not to use it often. Only for special occasions :p

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow, with 28 posts you got it, and you think it's old? Just wait till the it's suggested with every post of any boat manufacturer question (and not by me, and not joking), and with pictures. Then you'll understand the full joke. :notam: :D
Right now, I still don't think you get it. ;)

No Name
10-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Wow, with 28 posts you got it, and you think it's old? Just wait till the it's suggested with every post of any boat manufacturer question (and not by me, and not joking), and with pictures. Then you'll understand the full joke. :notam: :D
Right now, I still don't think you get it. ;)
Wow you’re fast,
This is my second Kachina I have bought in five years. The first one I had was a 26 force, had it for three years and lost only five thousand when I sold it. Not bad for three years. Hopefully when I decide to sell this one I can buck up and get a nice boat like yours. Then maybe you will let me tie up with you a your gang of high rollers.
LOL,
No Name. :sqeyes:

FOUNTAINATLAST
10-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow you’re fast,
This is my second Kachina I have bought in five years. The first one I had was a 26 force, had it for three years and lost only five thousand when I sold it. Not bad for three years. Hopefully when I decide to sell this one I can buck up and get a nice boat like yours. Then maybe you will let me tie up with you a your gang of high rollers.
LOL,
Man he has weedwackers thats not high roller.... :D

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Hopefully when I decide to sell this one I can buck up and get a nice boat like yours. Then maybe you will let me tie up with you a your gang of high rollers.
LOL,
Wow, being a dick is one way to go about it I suppose. When did I ever say my boat was better than anyone elses? Go ahead and put words in my mouth/keyboard because you don't get it. :rolleyes:
Once again you have missed the point. I don't have a problem with Kachinas tying up to me. It's a long running joke based on a particular Kachina owner with a tendency to Kachina up any thread having to do with ANY boat manufacturer. For example, someone could start a thread and ask about a 28' Howard Bullet, or a 21' Schiada, and this un-named individual will chime in with a big "You need to check out Kachina. Here are some pics of our boat" which is great, but doesn't help the thread. Now do you understand or do I need to further explain my sarcasm. I guess getting your feelers all hurt is one way to misunderstand it. :notam:

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Man he has weedwackers thats not high roller.... :D
Exactly. If I was a high roller, my boat would have a beak, I'd have a big gold chain and a combover. There you have it. I'm not a high roller, nor have I ever claimed to be. Hoever, I can whip up a hell of a daqueri on the back of my boat. Two flavors at the same time too. ;)

FOUNTAINATLAST
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Exactly. If I was a high roller, my boat would have a beak, I'd have a big gold chain and a combover. There you have it. I'm not a high roller, nor have I ever claimed to be. Hoever, I can whip up a hell of a daqueri on the back of my boat. Two flavors at the same time too. ;)
I knew you were jealous, but you too can buy a combover... :D :D :D
Two flavors at one time, are your talents never ending? :confused:

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Ready for some more humor? I'd hate to have to explain myself again, but at least it looks like you got the free YMCA lesson that seems to be standard with the purchase of a Kachina:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3078Picture_344.jpg
Paul must be a higher roller than you as he got the full support crew of back up dancers:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23villagekachina.jpg
:D :D :D

No Name
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Wow, being a dick is one way to go about it I suppose. When did I ever say my boat was better than anyone elses? Go ahead and put words in my mouth/keyboard because you don't get it. :rolleyes:
Once again you have missed the point. I don't have a problem with Kachinas tying up to me. It's a long running joke based on a particular Kachina owner with a tendency to Kachina up any thread having to do with ANY boat manufacturer. For example, someone could start a thread and ask about a 28' Howard Bullet, or a 21' Schiada, and this un-named individual will chime in with a big "You need to check out Kachina. Here are some pics of our boat" which is great, but doesn't help the thread. Now do you understand or do I need to further explain my sarcasm. I guess getting your feelers all hurt is one way to misunderstand it. :notam:
Jordy,
I am just playing, you of all people should know this man. I don’t take anything personal and believe or not I have herd you say some good things about Kachina boats. To me a boat is just something to have fun in and meet cool people like yourself. So don’t take it the wrong way I was just trying to get a rise out of you and it work like a charm.
It’s all good,
Mark. :smile:

Jordy
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
So don’t take it the wrong way I was just trying to get a rise out of you and it work like a charm.
No rise here. It's the internet and I'm all about having fun and pushing buttons. I've never lost any sleep over anything posted, however I have had people call my house, register my address as a screen name, as well as other veiled threats. Apparently that's why I make the big bucks on here. ;)
p.s. when we play on here, we use some of these as they don't cost anymore and I make comission on them: :D ;) :cool: :p :cool: :smile:

No Name
10-13-2005, 10:47 PM
p.s. when we play on here, we use some of these as they don't cost anymore and I make comission on them: :D ;) :cool: :p :cool: :smile:
Then I will start using them. Maybe if you make enough commission form them you can buy a Kachina and then you can tie up with some real high rollers.
:boxed: :rollside: :idea: :confused:

No Name
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jordy]Wow, with 28 posts you got it
By the way it’s 34 posts.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

reb939
10-14-2005, 04:41 AM
I have owned an Advantage and a Lavey. Lavey is by far a better quality product. Fit, finish, gelcoat, rigging are all bettter. Both of the boats are V bottoms so I can't comment on the cats performance differences.

BADAXE
10-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Ahhhhhh........another "Jordy versus the new guy" thread. :D ;)
Bad(I got it the first time)Axe

Jordy
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Ahhhhhh........another "Jordy versus the new guy" thread. :D ;)
Bad(I got it the first time)Axe
C'mon now, that stuff never happens. :D :D :D

BADAXE
10-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I have owned an Advantage and a Lavey. Lavey is by far a better quality product. Fit, finish, gelcoat, rigging are all bettter. Both of the boats are V bottoms so I can't comment on the cats performance differences.
Actually the boats in question are deck boats and both cats. :) But your right about the quality issue. :)

That Guy
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I will give you the one sided Advantage view. We bought an Advantage last year. We have had 0 problems and the service/sales experience at Advantage has been second to none. They have gone and picked up my boat for me, met me on a weekend to put mufflers on my boat, etc.
In my book this is like trying to pick between Pam and Jenna.....hard to go wrong.... :crossx:

Jordy
10-14-2005, 02:16 PM
In my book this is like trying to pick between Pam and Jenna.....hard to go wrong.... :crossx:
I don't know, Pam has the Hep C rockin' these days and Jenna... Was that Pam now, or Pam 5 years ago?? :idea:

Big Warlock
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Lavey.....no question about it....... :mix:

Big Warlock
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Your ok. I like you.
Don't pick on Jordy.......... :boxingguy
You can tie up with us anytime. We have special bumbers to use when a Kachina comes in for the tie up. We'll pull them out for you.....(and maybe Paul since his relatives are usually on my boat) :boxingguy

Big Warlock
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Get some sleep!!! Send me the webpage of this thing this Saturday at Bartlett. I am getting the crew together and we need to get the crowd together to make this a great night on the water!!!\\Anyone else up for a afternoon and night of boating and concert and sleep over at Bartlett?
:)

me4drvr
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok... went with Advantage... I think the layout of the 28 is just too awesome.. if you look at the sales pics, advantage has 8 people on boat with a whole lot more breathing room, and the Lavey has a tight 7. I do say the Lavey has awesome workmanship, but so far Advantage is being cool... They are both bitchen boats and people, but the final word came from the wife who wanted the extra space. Someone had to decide :idea:

frdvschvy
10-14-2005, 03:52 PM
░ $138,900
The new boat looks awesome! Good choice on the gel design and color scheme. I thought I saw your Commander in the channel in Havasu this past weekend. Were you there with it, or did you sell that thing?