PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Installers HELP!!!!!!

desertbird
10-13-2005, 01:52 PM
I am trying to help our HOA develop an installation method for Dishes that doesn't require drilling holes all over our condo complex. We are renovating the buildings, (wood repair and paint) and when the current dishes come down, we want a policy and method that can ensure all who want a Dish can have one, without the destructive installations from tenant to tenant.
Basically, I know that the dish can be mounted on a pole with clamps. Typically this is a vertical post installation. Any of you out there who install, is it possible to clamp on a horizontal post? Say 1.5" to 2" Galvanized pipe?
Check out below. The diagram is the backside of our parapets. Basically the condos are flat-roofed, with area of vaulted ceilings. The diagram is the back and side view of one of these pop-ups. If we were to mount the pipe horizontally with the fascia board, could a dish mast be clamped to it?
Your input is greatly appreciated.
-Geoff
(818) 618 8321
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2501DISH.JPG

desertbird
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Bump?

ROZ
10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Why not use rectangular stock instead of a tube an paint it the same color as the facia ? You can drill holes and tap it for a specific size screw... Make it known in the HOA rules what size the screw is... All the person has to do is mount their dish to your predrilled and tapped plate :)

AZKC
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Your hired :D

ROZ
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Do they have internet access? :D
Also, when the holes are not in use, you can use paint matched plastic plugs to cover them so you don't have a holey panel on your facia.

sam pioske
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
So you can use 1 dish and with sw's, run a wire to diff. receivers Mount one hidden somewhere chimny chase ? etc.and to a location for distrudution to all units we do this in apt.s and motels with indi. receivers

desertbird
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the input. I got to thinking about the round pipe deal, then read the idea about the plates.
How bout a Dish Shelf?
Check this one out:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2501DISH2.JPG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
PM me !!!
Maybe I can help a bit.....
I'm at lil' kid soccer right now and stealing a bit of bandwidth from the elementary school, so connection is way bad.....
Later,
CJG
:D

desertbird
10-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Bump for today.....