PDA

View Full Version : Im Pissed

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
just got home from getting a few trucks mods,getting ready to start packing for glamis,my trailers ben here in front of my house for 2 days.I go to my front door,theres a ticket in there from the sheriff :mad: ,Illegally parking a RV in residential neighborhood!Comment on the bottom was citizen complaint.IM gonna find out who complained and make their life hell.Im heading over to the sherrifs office in a few,they lady over there said she would handle the ticket,she was real nice,I hate my neighbors!

Unforgiven
10-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm sure your neighbor hates you too....

riverbound
10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
just got home from getting a few trucks mods,getting ready to start packing for glamis,my trailers ben here in front of my house for 2 days.I go to my front door,theres a ticket in there from the sheriff :mad: ,Illegally parking a RV in residential neighborhood!Comment on the bottom was citizen complaint.IM gonna find out who complained and make their life hell.Im heading over to the sherrifs office in a few,they lady over there said she would handle the ticket,she was real nice,I hate my neighbors!
Sounds like the wrong neighborhood to live in.....when I was lloking for my house. I drove into the neighborhood and I saw people had boats and trailers hooked up to their cars so it was a BIG plus for me. I knew I wouldnt have those problems. Plus river and dirt people are so much nicer :)

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
true,from his side,your right,If it my nextdoor neighbor it really gonna suck,Ive helped him out with stuff all the time.I have a bad feeling its him

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
i want to move ,but finding property around here with land is over a million,weve looked.

76ANTHONY
true,from his side,your right,If it my nextdoor neighbor it really gonna suck,Ive helped him out with stuff all the time.I have a bad feeling its him
next time you help him out do a little sumthin sumthin :crossx:

MsDrmr
You poor thing, it's just not been your week has it, I sure hope it gets better for you. Find out who gave you that ticket and go kick some boodie......

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
my guess he is pissed cause we got a new puppy thats still barking a bit in the yard when we take her out to pee

Boa1277
10-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Dont you hate people who have nothing better to do than to make your life a little more miserable. I was replacing motor in my boat a couple of years back and I pulled it at my house in Tucson, it was maybe in the front yard for a whole 3 days when I started getting letters from the association. (I live on a culdesac at the bottom of a hill, I have nobody next to me or across from me) It just happens the old farts who like to walk the hill felt offended that I had a 80,000 dollar boat sitting out front. These things really tick me off, good luck with your ticket hopefully you can return the favor to your ugly neighbor.

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:32 PM
40$ ticket,id rather pay it and find out who it is.

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:34 PM
last week we did back to back havasu trips,so i brought my boat home for the first time ever,its never been here,it was here for 3 days,I wanted to detail it good for winter.I got a letter from the HOA......

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
her to pee next door starting nowhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371lucy1.JPG

ROZ
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I think it was Toby's going away present to you :D

Old Texan
10-13-2005, 02:40 PM
My so called upscale subdivision prohibits any form of transportation other than your daily driver to be on site/visible from neighboring property. No parking on the street at any time, no resident commercial vehicles in the driveway and so forth. It's a real pain in the ass.
The other side of the coin is my last subdivision with tarped project cars, motorhomes, commercial stepside vans with power cords running to them, and the trucker who liked to park the tractor in front of his gal's house overnight when in town. All houses were well kept and upper level dollar value but the congestion was abysmal.
In your case I'd think a good neighbor would be more lenient but neighbor's can smile to your face and be complete A-holes behind your back.
I say don't forgive, get even. :devil: :devil:

riverroyal
his flat trailer at his house about 4 weeks,i think someone here doesnt like me.Just because i was showing my 8 year old how to grind on his skateboard out front yesterday,I was tearing it up,old school board.Im a punk i guess

Creator
What really gets me is how quick people will run to the cops instead of walking over and asking how long a trailer is going to be parked in the street/yard. I guess it would just be too neighborly to be polite and ask a question instead of crying to the cops.

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
your on lake lanier!,,,almost bought something there 3 years ago,we almost left here

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
thats what i just talked with my wife about,all they had to do was ask,we are leaving friday morning.I really am a great neighbor,always helping out,im the only construction back ground person here,always helping with stuff

little rowe boat
10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Go ask him if he called the cops.

ROZ
10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I had a problem with a neighbor for a while. Any time I had something out front for more than a couple days she'd complain. While I was putting in my pool, the dog got outside by crawling through my gas and electric trenches, she called the pound. a while back she woke me up by pounding on my door to tell me my dog got out. The dog was sitting my the back gate. I gave her a piece of my mind... She left a note on my door a couple days later saying a bunch of bs and she'll contact the pound next time without hesitation.. A couple weeks ago her beagles were outside and her garage was open. I stood outside her house and yelled, " someone get the fukk out her and get these fukking dogs back in your yard before I call the fukking pound."
They don't even look our way when they pass by the house, I on the other hand, give a great big smile and wave :D

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
im leaving for the sheriffs dept in a few minutes,i will ask them,I think its public knowledge if I ask.Plus they are gonna write the ticket off,thats parts great,nice sheriffs

ACCEPTENCE
10-13-2005, 02:52 PM
A couple ways to look at it.
From a different point of view...
An airport is build on the outside of town, the town grows and houses are then built around the airport.
When you buy that pretty new house in the pretty new subdivision one of the rules was you get to listen to aircraft flying overhead.
Now today we don't like the rules and we don't want to listen to the aircraft overhead. So today were gonna piss, bitch, moan and make some new rules???
Or we realize we agreed to those rules???

riverroyal
10-13-2005, 02:54 PM
i knew moving in,just makes me mad is all.Trying to have a nice fun relaxing day getting ready for a desert trip,someone always has to cry.

ACCEPTENCE
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I agree, just thought I'd share a different view.
Kinda like when getting a speeding ticket.
We've all blown down the freeway exceeding the speed limit on numerous occasions.
Yet the minute we get a ticket, we bend our minds with frustration.
And if you think about it, we got away with it for a long time and surely had the ticket coming.
But no, me included get all pissy crooked and bent outta shape.
The point: Blow it off and have a great day despite some asshole neighbor.

Sleek-Jet
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Go ask him if he called the cops.
And then punch him in the face... :D :hammerhea

ROZ
10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe you should make copies of the statute in the guidelines about the 3 day rule and mail it to everyone who has access to your street. Let it be known that the rule is a rule and they are breaking the rules by being petty and filing a false complaint to the police. Karma will get them back ...
I'd turn in everyone for every petty HOA violation for a month or 2 :D

JB in so cal
10-13-2005, 03:33 PM
my guess he is pissed cause we got a new puppy thats still barking a bit in the yard when we take her out to pee
...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
My guess is a drive south is in our immediate future once I tell her.

JB in so cal
10-13-2005, 03:35 PM
her to pee next door starting nowhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371lucy1.JPG
You're in trouble, bro!

79 HUSTLER
10-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I agree, just thought I'd share a different view.
Kinda like when getting a speeding ticket.
We've all blown down the freeway exceeding the speed limit on numerous occasions.
Yet the minute we get a ticket, we bend our minds with frustration.
And if you think about it, we got away with it for a long time and surely had the ticket coming.
But no, me included get all pissy crooked and bent outta shape.
The point: Blow it off and have a great day despite some asshole neighbor.
Since when did you become Camp Counsiler Greg, with all these great ideas. Jackazz :D :D :D

Ziggy
10-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Maybe you should make copies of the statute in the guidelines about the 3 day rule and mail it to everyone who has access to your street. Let it be known that the rule is a rule and they are breaking the rules by being petty and filing a false complaint to the police. Karma will get them back ...
I'd turn in everyone for every petty HOA violation for a month or 2 :D
I was gonna say...most cities have a 72 hour parking rule....but legally all you have to do is manage to put 1/10 of a mile on the vehicle and repark it...it has not been idle then.
Might just be the reason the Sheriff signs off on it so quick....
dang neighbors......I will NEVER live in an HOA/CCR neighborhood, never. I like to choose my own house colors and vegitation. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Actually, Zig, all cities have CC&Rs. This is one of the biggest reasons we moved from Murrieta. That city actually has it in it's CC&Rs that you cannot work on your car in your garage, have your garage left open other than to take your car in and out basically, and you cannot have your RV parked in public view for more than 48 hours.
We had this same issue everytime we took our out. One neighbor would call code enforcement out. One time, we got it home at 11:00 and before noon the next day, we had a notice. Our neighbors didn't even give us time to unpack it. :boxingguy Now I have so much room, I even park all of my friends RVs on my property. :D

Big_Gunz_
10-13-2005, 05:45 PM
im leaving for the sheriffs dept in a few minutes,i will ask them,I think its public knowledge if I ask.Plus they are gonna write the ticket off,thats parts great,nice sheriffs
Hey riverroyal, call me I'll help you out. Check your PM for my number.

jailbird141
10-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Sleep with his wife. That will piss him off! :cry:

Captain Dan
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
riverroyal
the answer might not be in the CCR's, (which is controlled and enforced by the HOA in most cases, not the City/County/Sheriff, etc), but in the Municipal Code.
I just bought a 5th wheel and the day after my purchase, I had a note from a neighbor. I looked into the City Muni Code for Murrieta which allows the trailer to be there for 48 hours before and after every trip, BUT the kicker is - the trailer cannot be parked on the street for ANY period of time without being hooked up to the towing vehicle, and they even have a limit for any RV if it is over a certain weight.
Research the Muni Code so you know your rights, and then your CCR's to see if they are more stringent.

Big_Gunz_
10-13-2005, 07:04 PM
riverroyal,
I looked up the Muni Code for you. You should argue this parking cite because of the following. Here is the section you were cited for:
12.20.160 Parking or Standing of Mobile Living Units and Recreation Vehicles in Residential Districts.
(a) On Street: Except as provided in Section 16.08.080 herein, no mobile living unit or recreation vehicle shall be parked or allowed to stand on any street or portion thereof, in a residential district of the City. This provision shall not apply to unoccupied pickup/camper combinations, provided such vehicles are parked in a manner permitting the free flow of traffic.
(b) Off Street: No portion of a front yard or street side yard on any lot containing a single family or two family dwelling shall be used for the parking of mobile living units or recreation vehicles. This prohibition shall not apply to surfaced driveways providing direct access to a garage or carport, provided no portion of a vehicle parked thereon shall be:
(1) Allowed to overhang a sidewalk or encroach upon a public right of way.
(2) Located closer than three (3) feet to any lot line, main residence, accessory structure or other vehicle.
(c) Yard areas other than those specified in (b), above, may be used for the parking of such vehicles, provided:
(1) No portion of a vehicle parked therein shall be located closer than three (3) feet to any lot line, main residence, accessory structure or other vehicle.
(2) Unobstructed all weather access from the nearest street shall be provided to the affected yard area. Such access shall be of a width satisfactory to the San Marcos Fire Protection District.
(3) Use of such yard areas shall be incidental to the primary use of the lot as a place of residence.
(4) The registered owner of such vehicle shall be the owner in fee or lawful occupant of the lot on which said vehicle is parked.
(5) Affected yard areas shall be screened from view on adjoining lots and streets with a minimum 6 foot high, solid wood or masonry fence or by other adequate screening as determined by the City Manager and conforming to the setback requirements of the Zoning Ordinance.
(d) Nothing in this Section shall prevent arrangements for the group parking of unoccupied mobile living units and recreation vehicles within screened, secured compounds on lots zoned for multiple family dwellings, provided such use is not in violation of any other zoning or regulatory ordinance of the City.
(e) The setback requirement of (b)(2) and (c)(1) above may be modified or waived by the Fire Marshal, provided satisfactory measures are taken to prevent the transmission of fire from the vehicle in question to adjoining structures or vehicles.
(f) Nothing in this Section shall prevent the parking of unoccupied mobile living units and recreation vehicles within a completely enclosed garage or outbuilding in any residential district of the City. (Ord. No. 88-805, 1-10-89)
Now this is the section that allows you to park it for up to 48 hours:
16.08.070 Storage Allowed without Permit.
(a) Trailer coaches may be stored only as follows:
(1) Within an enclosed building
(2) On a lot or parcel of property on which there exists a lawfully established and maintained dwelling which is occupied by the owner of the stored trailer coach.
(3) On a lot or parcel on which there is conducted lawfully operated business for the sale, rental, storage or repair of trailer coaches and such storage is incidental to the operation of the business.
(b) No stored trailer coach shall be used or occupied and all water, gas, electric and sewer lines shall be and remain disconnected from the trailer coach at all times it is stored except that a stored trailer coach may be connected to the foregoing utilities for a forty eight hour period for the purpose of maintenance and repairs or for servicing prior to or upon the return from travel.
16.08.080 Uses Allowed with Permit.
No person shall use or occupy a trailer coach in the city except when authorized by and in accordance with a valid unexpired trailer coach use permit issued by the Building Official pursuant to the provisions of this chapter; provided, however, that no trailer coach use permit shall be required for the temporary use of a trailer coach while participating in a trailer roundup for which a permit has been issued by the Building Official pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 08:43 AM
thanks for all the help,,,im printing out big gunz post.Im thinking of making copies for every house on my street!

JB in so cal
10-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Just go to the desert and take that thing with you.

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 08:55 AM
you coming out?bring vodka,and dog cookies

ROZ
10-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Just go to the desert and take that the neighbor with you.
And don't forget to cover your tracks after you burry him :supp: :D

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:01 AM
snow shovel

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:08 AM
snow shovel
Big shovel, eh? Take the wood chippa and make sure to clean it, yea. ( in a Fargo voice) :D

tcook33
10-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I just went through the same BS in my neighborhood. I live in an association with a bunch of grumpy old people that have no toys. Im a kid with a boat, motorhome, enclosed trailer, harley, and dirt bikes. I think they are a little jealous. It seems Im on vacation every weekend so there seems to always be something parked in front of the house.
The CC&R's that I signed when I bought the house say that a recreational vehicle cannot be parked in front in front of your house for more than 48 hours in a 30-day period. What a joke. The city law says you are allowed 72 hours before and after a trip. In this situation, the CC&R's override the city law. I spoke with a lawyer regarding this and this was the conclusion.
It's a joke because most CC&R's conflict city laws. There needs to be a class action suit to change this.
Anyway, I met with the HOA board and they were very cool with the situation and pretty much said that as long as a recreational vehicle isnt parked in front of my house for more than 48 hours at a time, they would turn their head.
I have been battling with them for 3 years and it did no good to get nasty. I signed the CC&R's, therefore I'm liable no matter what. I fianlly realized that the best way is to be cool and sit down and negotiate and everything went good.
Good luck.

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:17 AM
my wife said that this morning"your kinda a stay home dad with summer and winter toys,no one likes a guy like that!"...im a dick,thats all :wink:

prosthogod
10-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I can park whatever i want on my acre horse property and have a minibike track and 6k worth of grass.

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:21 AM
RR, when entering negotiations with an HOA, walk tall and carry a big stick... :D

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 09:21 AM
That's Bull shiat....!! Alot of peep's in our neighborhood have motor homes in there drive ways..some in the streets. In our neighborhood bulletins there saying that our home's are starting to look trashy with them there and bringing down values!!!?? They also wanted people to park them somerwhere else!!! Fock that...it looks like a family oriented neighborhood to me.

tcook33
10-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I can park whatever i want on my acre horse property and have a minibike track and 6k worth of grass.
Your lucky.
I'm still searching. Problem is...I live in Ca. and I love it. I have to be lucky or a trillionaire to get something like I want. I hoping to get lucky with a little bit of $$$.

THOR
10-14-2005, 09:25 AM
I have a neighbor across the street that always makes a comment about my travel trailer on the side of my house. I always make it a point to illustrate that he has 4 f'n cars too and parks them all over the place. That fat pile of $hit knows better now and also knows that I will be all over him if he says a word to the PD.

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:26 AM
thats are issue,i want to move ,but in socal finding land puts us to far out of town,i dont want that,,,,need to win the lotto

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
The problem is that RR pays a GRIP to live in an area of town thats resident's $hit don't stink and when called out on something they whine, bitch, moan, and can become backstabbingly nasty...

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
thats are issue,i want to move ,but in socal finding land puts us to far out of town,i dont want that,,,,need to win the lotto
Valley center or Fallbrook are still affordable...

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
im about done in this hood,weve done what we wanted,made money.The same cry babies here already forced the motocross/go cart thing out of escrow.Its funny,people here think they are something special,like were del mar

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
im about done in this hood,weve done what we wanted,made money.The same cry babies here already forced the motocross/go cart thing out of escrow.Its funny,people here think they are something special,like were del mar
Ha! Idiot NIMBYS! By the way, you don't live in San Marcos... I've heard people say, " we live in east La Costa" , " we live in souteast Carlsbad, or " We live in San Elijo(with a snooty claim)". After I find out where they are, I tell them, "oh, you mean San Marcos. That's what the zip says.". They get a funny bent look on their face... They almost begin to twitch :D

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:48 AM
i hear it everyday.Its san marcos!,,,thats why its 200k less than carlsbad.im thinking north escondido next

JB in so cal
10-14-2005, 09:50 AM
i hear it everyday.Its san marcos!,,,thats why its 200k less than carlsbad.im thinking north escondido next
slum :cool:

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 09:51 AM
you know colorado got some serious snow,tell your better half thats off my list

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 10:14 AM
hows the traffic getting in and out up there?

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 10:15 AM
So where in Havasu do you want me to build your new (HOA less) home :wink:

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 10:18 AM
they building a nordstoms there?my wife will need it

JB in so cal
10-14-2005, 10:24 AM
you know colorado got some serious snow,tell your better half thats off my list
that's why it's on HER list. :hammerhea

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
they building a nordstoms there?my wife will need it
well the good thing for you is that the closest outlet/mall is in Laughlin :D
we could just put a Nordstroms sign in front of JC Pennys and fake her out :idea:

XTRM22
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I wish I had gotten a ticket on my box trailer. WHile I was outa town over Labor day It got stolen right out from in front of my Dads house in Phoenix. Right under the street lamp early one morning, hitch locks and all.
CHuck