PDA

View Full Version : City of San Diego: whats the skinny?????

Not So Fast
10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Before the game on Monday nite Chris Mortenson was saying stuff like the city is a mess finacially?? City council members are being accused of stealing money or something like that and that the mess will result in the Chargers moving to either Anaheim or L.A. because of some kind of conflict with the stadium???? Any San Diego folks care to clarify?? The Murph (yes, I still call it the Murph, screw QualComm) with out the Chargers????, bite your tongue :idea: NSF

BrendellaJet
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, I dont know the whole story, but to summarize the city is a mess. My Father in law just retired from working there 30+years. Instead of contributing to employee pensions the city has in the past continuosly chosen to underfund employee pensions so they could build a ballpark when they already had one (Murph). Corruption, greed and mismanagement have put them where they are now. Pension is severely underfunded and now they want to call back the agreements they made with employees who had foregone wage increases in return for better retirement. Not sure how they will get away with it, but thats what they are trying to do.

OutCole'd
10-13-2005, 06:48 PM
We have way too many corrupt polititions here in Vegas, so we sent some of our real scum to San Diego to teach them the fine art of accepting bribes. They seemed to learn well.

LUVNLIFE
10-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Before the game on Monday nite Chris Mortenson was saying stuff like the city is a mess finacially?? City council members are being accused of stealing money or something like that and that the mess will result in the Chargers moving to either Anaheim or L.A. because of some kind of conflict with the stadium???? Any San Diego folks care to clarify?? The Murph (yes, I still call it the Murph, screw QualComm) with out the Chargers????, bite your tongue :idea: NSF
But Bobby,,,,we don't want them here either :D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Didn't they recently have like 3 mayors in a week?
Yes, that is true.

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I dont know the whole story, but to summarize the city is a mess. My Father in law just retired from working there 30+years. Instead of contributing to employee pensions the city has in the past continuosly chosen to underfund employee pensions so they could build a ballpark when they already had one (Murph). Corruption, greed and mismanagement have put them where they are now. Pension is severely underfunded and now they want to call back the agreements they made with employees who had foregone wage increases in return for better retirement. Not sure how they will get away with it, but thats what they are trying to do.
Forget SAN DIEGO, Arnold is already trying to take his pension...
NO ON 74,75.76.77.78.79 HELL anything arnold backs, NO

Man-de-lone
10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
City has underfunded the pension fund by 1 billion dollars starting back in the 80's. They bought off the pension board by promising them extra retirement $$$. The benefits are way too large and we'll never get out of the hole of paying them.
LOts of behind the scenes illegal crap. Two councilmen indicted for bribe taking, old mayor resigned, the temp mayor is a lesbian.....
The whole thing :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: 's

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
the temp mayor is a lesbian.....
s
IS SHE CUTE

SDLifesaver
10-13-2005, 07:43 PM
There has been alot going on in the city the last 2 years. 3 corrupt council members taking bribes, 1 died and the other 2 had charges brought up on them so they had to resign. 1 of those members was deputy mayor so he had office for 1 day only and the charges were announced. The previous mayor stepped down because the heat was on and he was a retired judge so he didn't really need the money or the grief. The current, recently elected city attorney is un-covering all kinds of corrupt stuff that leads back to 1996 and the beginning of the pension system under-funding and proving the politicians then and currently chose to not pay the 75 million dollar installments to the pension fund and instead give salary and benefit increases to themselves and city employees. The president of the Firefighters Union was on the pension board and he and the other 6 pension board members voted to give themselves a complete retirement pension for their positions on the board as well as the retirement they already had from their current positions in the city or elsewhere. The newspaper showed some of the board members collecting as much as 11,000 a month from their pension board positions. The city attorney is throwing the book at these people and is basically telling everyone who has done the city wrong with bad deals or agreements that he will find you and prosecute you. Alot of people are running scared right now. The city council has spent over 1 milllion dollars recently of taxpayer money to represent themselves with legal council and the amount grows everyday. There is an election for mayor next month and the 2 candidates are equally retarded with all the BS they are saying in their campaign ads. Never been a better time to not live or work in the City of San Diego. The bummer of the whole thing is that San Diego is IMO the best city period. Weather, lifestyle, variety, surf, attractions, food, tourists, ect. The city has everything and you would think it would be cash rich because of the items I listed above but once again corrupt politicians have sunk this ship. All this actually started 10 years ago with Mayor Susan Golding and the Chargers ticket guarentee policy. The city agreed to buy every ticket not sold at every home game to keep the Chargers in town. This just went away last year. Some games cost the city over 1 million dollars. The city would give the tickets to charity, or employees, ect. Critics long ago said this was a bad plan but nobody listened. Oh well, just a little info to bring the people who are curious up to speed.

SDLifesaver
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey Kilrtoy, is LAFD going after the 172 money or just OCFA? Does the 172 money affect you or not?

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey Kilrtoy, is LAFD going after the 172 money or just OCFA? Does the 172 money affect you or not?
The city of LA and County of LA are not in the PERS program and dos not affect them,
I am in th epers system and it does affect me....
What you posted about the FD is total BS they should be prosecuted too....
That is criminal....

Ultrafied
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes on 74,75,76,77,78,79 Hell anything Arnold backs, YES!!

Miss Perfect
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
IS SHE CUTE
Oh HELL NO! :2purples:

SDLifesaver
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I am in the PERS system too so everything A'nold is supporting I am voting NO on. I just wasn't sure if you were affected by the 172 issues that are going on in Orange and LA. They are not currently on the ballet in San Diego County but I am sure they will be if it passes up there.

SDLifesaver
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
What do you mean the current deputy mayor is not hot. She is Janet Reno HOT.

SDLifesaver
10-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Figures a guy with an Ultra would support Arnold and his special interest programs.

C-2
10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I once served a Summons upon Mayor Golding. Held up a council meeting for about twenty minutes before she finally came out and took the damn thing. Funnier than hell.
I hear Kroll Associates is opening cans of whoop arse on the current and past officials.
What's even more amazing - this kinda crap takes place in every city. Not just a few bad seeds, but all of them. Kinda they way government works.

Old Texan
10-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately there seems to be a trend going on with retirement funds failure. Here in Atlanta, Delta is in bankruptcy and their pension plan appears to be in big trouble also due to underfunding. GM, airlines, and others all finding funding problems with boards of directors and CEO's sporting plush bonuses and retirement bonanzas.
The common worker is basically being screwed on a regular basis. The first thing the companies ask for is federal bailout. Now the taxpayer is being asked to take the brunt of it.
In many cases it doesn't appear the labor union leaders are doing their job to watch the funds. It should be open knowledge to insure retirement funds are properly funded each year as agreed. Looks like this is not the case.
With Social Security in jeopardy and private pensions going bad, it looks like a very serious problem is developing momentum.

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 06:29 AM
AHHH JUST LIKE HAVASU!!!!!!!!! :idea: :lightsabe :hammerhea

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Oh HELL NO! :2purples:
hey you got something against Lucadiaian, flower child, lezbo's :D

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 06:34 AM
IS SHE CUTE
ewwww....NO!!! you just made me forfet my breakfast :D

Miss Perfect
10-14-2005, 08:22 AM
hey you got something against Lucadiaian, flower child, lezbo's :D
Here ya go Kilr. Perhaps a new girlfriend for you and the Mrs?? Hmmm??? :devil:
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1103/3887571_200X150.jpg

pjones
10-14-2005, 08:47 AM
And I thought things here in Louisiana were ferked up...
Guess it's everywhere.

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 08:49 AM
tired of watching the news here,everyday its something about the city,it is messed up

ROZ
10-14-2005, 08:54 AM
tired of watching the news here,everyday its something about the city,it is messed up
Yea, glad I don't live there anymore...
The Frye's are crooked as hell, too.... Weren't her sons convicted of an antisemit hate crime? Think skip has been in the pokey, too.... Activists are wacky and should only be a voice in the political process, not at the top of a food chain...

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Here ya go Kilr. Perhaps a new girlfriend for you and the Mrs?? Hmmm??? :devil:
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1103/3887571_200X150.jpg
hey nothing a couple 40oz'er of ole english cant fix

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 09:38 AM
hey nothing a couple 40oz'er of ole english cant fix
I don't care how much she drinks I would still be Flacid :D

ROZ
10-14-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't care how much she drinks I would still be Flacid :D
Maybe he meant to hit her over the head with it..... :mix: :boxingguy :D

SDLifesaver
10-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Yesterday's Union Tribune stated the city council of San Diego agreed 5-1 to approve 500,000 more dollars to provide legal council to it's members in preparation for the Court drama that is going to take place with the pension fund disaster.