PDA

View Full Version : iPod

Havasu_Dreamin
05-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Finally going to break down and buy an iPod. But which one? Aside from knowing that Apple makes them I know nothing about them. :confused:

OutCole'd
05-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Depends on what you want to do. I just use mine for music, not movies and I don't have 20,000 songs so I got a 2gig Nano. Holds about 500 songs and hooks up to the boat stereo so no more CD's. Works great.

teamaquaholicks
05-11-2006, 09:38 AM
i have the apple 30gig i pod. it'll hold 7500 songs, all kinds of picts, and hours of video. they make a 60gig for about 100bucks more. might as well go big. you'll never run out of room on eithor one.

OutCole'd
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
If you have one IPOD and get all your songs from ITunes and you want to get another IPOD will it allow you to plug into the same ITunes library?
Yes, I believe up to 5 different ipods.
My kids & I use the same library & just make our own play list's.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Depends on what you want to do. I just use mine for music, not movies and I don't have 20,000 songs so I got a 2gig Nano. Holds about 500 songs and hooks up to the boat stereo so no more CD's. Works great.
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. I don't have 20k songs but I do have over 1k.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-11-2006, 09:58 AM
If you have one IPOD and get all your songs from ITunes and you want to get another IPOD will it allow you to plug into the same ITunes library?
Do you have to get your songs only from iTunes to use an iPod? I have over 1k songs on my laptop in .WMA or .MP3 format. I'd hate to have to buy songs I already have.....

OutCole'd
05-11-2006, 10:00 AM
This is EXACTLY what I want to do. I don't have 20k songs but I do have over 1k.
Get the 4 gig Nano. It will hold 1,000 songs.

Cole Trickle
05-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Buy the 30G video and be done with it.
I have the 4G Mini and like it alot but if I was to buy another one I would get one that I could never fill.
The nano is so small I would loose it.

TrojanDan
05-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I have the 4G Mini and like it alot but if I was to buy another one I would get one that I could never fill.
I agree, I bought the 30G video for a little more than the 4G Nano. I couldn't justify the cost of only having 4g vs. 30g for $50 or so more. Plus I download my pictures onto it also. The 30g does have it's drawback at the gym. It's a little bulkier than I wish.

h2oski2fast
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Damn, it would take me 3+ 60gig Pods to hold my full library.

h2oski2fast
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I agree, I bought the 30G video for a little more than the 4G Nano. I couldn't justify the cost of only having 4g vs. 30g for $50 or so more. Plus I download my pictures onto it also. The 30g does have it's drawback at the gym. It's a little bulkier than I wish.
I cured that problem, I stopped going to the gym. :) :) :)

Cole Trickle
05-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Damn, it would take me 3+ 60gig Pods to hold my full library.
So basicly we need to get you an 180gig Ipod. :p
I think those are called PC's and you could carry it around in a custom backpack.(Extension cord in your boat might be a problem!! :220v: )

phebus
05-12-2006, 07:52 AM
If I had the money, I would have more than one iPod. The 30g nd 60g are just a big hard drive, and because of that, they are somewhat fragile, and don't take the abuse that boating might hand out. The Nano, and smaller, don't have any moving parts, and can take a lot of abuse.
It would be nice to just download your playlist rather than your whole library on the iPod you wanted to use for the day (Nano), and not worry about the iPod breaking.
This all comes from one that is experienced in dropping a $400.- iPod and now getting nothing but a sad face on the display. And, it was just a short drop onto the carpeted deck :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-12-2006, 07:54 AM
This all comes from one that is experienced in dropping a $400.- iPod and now getting nothing but a sad face on the display. And, it was just a short drop onto the carpeted deck :mad:
DAMN that sucks. Good to know.

mondorally
05-12-2006, 01:44 PM
...Mostly jazz and classic rock.
Suggestions?
Freebird is always a crowd pleaser. :) :) :)
-Justin

cc322
05-14-2006, 06:02 AM
If I had the money, I would have more than one iPod. The 30g nd 60g are just a big hard drive, and because of that, they are somewhat fragile, and don't take the abuse that boating might hand out. The Nano, and smaller, don't have any moving parts, and can take a lot of abuse.
It would be nice to just download your playlist rather than your whole library on the iPod you wanted to use for the day (Nano), and not worry about the iPod breaking.
Great tip maybe thats why I have stayed with the head unit that plays mp3's I can fit a bunch of songs on one cd in the mp3 format and if it gets lost I am only out the cost of a cd But they still scratch and it's still a cd. Nano sounds like the way to go.