PDA

View Full Version : WTF is Los Angeles city gonna do next

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:17 PM
The jews have a holiday comming up and they complained to the city that their religious beliefs don't allow them to work, This includes pushing a CROSSWALK button to changed the light to a walk sign.....
Los Angeles City response,
They are sending out crews to accomodate the jewish community so they dont have to WORK, I mean push crosswalk buttons........
How much money is this gonna COST.
THIS IS TOTAL B.S. :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Jyruiz
10-13-2005, 07:18 PM
How f'n stupid is that?? No need to answer, I already know.

GHT
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
That is the real story? There is no other side? It seems to f'ed up to be real... WTF?? :confused:

Man-de-lone
10-13-2005, 07:29 PM
No, they can't do that. The ACLU would sue if the city favors one religion over another. Button pushing would be illegal.
The government can't recognize that holiday.

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
No, they can't do that. The ACLU would sue if the city favors one religion over another. Button pushing would be illegal.
The government can't recognize that holiday.
Well somebody better call the ACLU, CUz they are out there doing as i write this....

JetBoatRich
10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
they take XMAS off as well :mad:

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:34 PM
they take XMAS off as well :mad:
That is awhole other story, how they get more holidays than anyone else....

OGShocker
10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
The jews have a holiday comming up and they complained to the city that their religious beliefs don't allow them to work, This includes pushing a CROSSWALK button to changed the light to a walk sign.....
They are sending out crews to accomodate the jewish community so they dont have to WORK, I mean push crosswalk buttons........
THIS IS TOTAL B.S. :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
So, pulling some overtime to help the Zionist are you?

JetBoatRich
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
That is awhole other story, how they get more holidays than anyone else....
THEY never refuse the time off work :yuk:

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:43 PM
So, pulling some overtime to help the Zionist are you?
I wish......
Maybe LOWRIVER2 is ....

OGShocker
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
I wish......
Maybe LOWRIVER2 is ....
Tactical crosswalk button pushing? hut hut hut hut hut :wink:

OliverM5
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Dude - Who/What is the source of your story? I'm a Jew, living in Beverly Hills, and nobody is pushing any buttons for anyone in my area or in any other area in Los Angeles......
As for not working on the holiest Jewish holiday of the year, that is a crock of shit.....the true story is that the religion does not allow the use of anything using electrical power on the High Holy days, and a crosswalk button is one of them (that's why they all walk and don't drive)....I'm not that religious, so I don't follow that rule, but that is the story behind it....

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Dude - Who/What is the source of your story? I'm a Jew, living in Beverly Hills, and nobody is pushing any buttons for anyone in my area or in any other area in Los Angeles......
As for not working on the holiest Jewish holiday of the year, that is a crock of shit.....the true story is that the religion does not allow the use of anything using electrical power on the High Holy days, and a crosswalk button is one of them (that's why they all walk and don't drive)....I'm not that religious, so I don't follow that rule, but that is the story behind it....
DUDE- I said the CITY of LOS ANGELES, last time I checked, BEVERLY HILLS is in the COUNTY of Los Angeles, NOT THE CITY......

OliverM5
10-13-2005, 08:01 PM
DUDE- I said the CITY of LOS ANGELES, last time I checked, BEVERLY HILLS is in the COUNTY of Los Angeles, NOT THE CITY......
I drove through several main LOS ANGELES intersections where there are large Jewish communities and saw nothing....WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

JetBoatRich
10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
I drove through several main intersections where there are large Jewish communities and saw nothing....WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?
The internet :eek: helps to move rumors :eek:

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I drove through several main LOS ANGELES intersections where there are large Jewish communities and saw nothing....WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?
Channel 9 NEWS so it will be on at 9pm 10 pm and on channel 2 news at 1100
and they were filming live and interviewing the jewish community.....

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I have nevere EVER EVER been part of ANY internet gossip :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

termiteguy
10-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I have nevere EVER EVER been part of ANY internet gossip :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
never ever? hmmmmmmmmmmm! :lightsabe

OliverM5
10-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Channel 9 NEWS so it will be on at 9pm 10 pm and on channel 2 news at 1100
and they were filming live and interviewing the jewish community.....
I've been watching and have seen nothing on the Ch 9 news so far.....anyways - let's say for the sake of arguement that this is true....so is it wrong when the city spends the money to deploy police officers to control the crowds for a Christmas or Thanksgiving parade?

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 08:23 PM
I've been watching and have seen nothing on the Ch 9 news so far.....anyways - let's say for the sake of arguement that this is true....so is it wrong when the city spends the money to deploy police officers to control the crowds for a Christmas or Thanksgiving parade?
NO, Because there are people who attend with no other intent , than to cause trouble, so they are there to protect the rights of the lawful citizen an dinsure they have an enjoyable experience........
next question....

OliverM5
10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
NO, Because there are people who attend with no other intent , than to cause trouble, so they are there to protect the rights of the lawful citizen an dinsure they have an enjoyable experience........
next question....
I'm not here to get into a pissing match.....most of my friends celebrate Christmas and the other holidays, and I usually celebrate with them.....what sucks is that you made the Jews sound like a bunch of lazys who are too good to push a button cause they dont want to lift a finger which is bullshit....otherwise I wouldn't give a fawk....

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm not here to get into a pissing match.....most of my friends celebrate Christmas and the other holidays, and I usually celebrate with them.....what sucks is that you made the Jews sound like a bunch of lazys who are too good to push a button cause they dont want to lift a finger which is bullshit....otherwise I wouldn't give a fawk....
Sorry You feel lazy, I did not make this CRAP up, YES it is crap...
Go to kcal 9 website and watch the video for yourself, YOUR OWN PEOPLE MADE YOU FEEL LAZY , NOT ME....Don't crap so personal I did not say OliverM5 is lazy....

Debbolas
10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I saw the news report, but I thought they (LA City)were going to "watch" the intersections and change the lights for them by remote.....using those cameras..... ;)
I guess because of their religion, they can't "work" and pushing the button to cross the street would be work........this one lady said she would just jaywalk and sometimes get a ticket.........................
I don't know...................

Sun burners
10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
There used to be a wire rope above the street lights on Fairfax surrounding the Jewish community. Most intersection controllers where programed to go to a WALK phase during these sabitical days. When a intersection would not work or a light would be out there would be ALOT OF PHONE CALLS to get it fixed fast!
Mike,

C-2
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I saved a bunch of money by switching to Geicko...

Scape Goat
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
how can a religion say no use of electronics etc, when the guys who wrote these books etc had no electronics.
religious people always finding bullshit to complain about.
No only the Jewish this is why I find it hard to believe any of them.

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Dude - Who/What is the source of your story? ..
I take it you found the video.......
:yuk:

core attitude
10-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I found the video and watched it.......I didn't catch the part about "they complained to the city" or "They are sending out crews to accomodate the jewish community"
The whole thing is simply a computer program that turns the cross walk sign to “walk” on the green instead of one needing to push the button to activate it. The computer is programed with the jewish high holy days and I think controls the 51 intersections that are effected without any need for human monitoring, seems pretty cost effective to me..........must have been thought of by a jew. :D
Pete

Kilrtoy
10-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I found the video and watched it.......I didn't catch the part about "they complained to the city" or "They are sending out crews to accomodate the jewish community"
The whole thing is simply a computer program that turns the cross walk sign to “walk” on the green instead of one needing to push the button to activate it. The computer is programed with the jewish high holy days and I think controls the 51 intersections that are effected without any need for human monitoring, seems pretty cost effective to me..........must have been thought of by a jew. :D
Pete
You are right, it never said they complained, BUT the city is so nice it is going out of there way to think of these nice things... SOmeone complained that is how it got to this point.....i did miss the part about the computer and i did see it the second time around...

core attitude
10-13-2005, 10:12 PM
You are right, it never said they complained, BUT the city is so nice it is going out of there way to think of these nice things... SOmeone complained that is how it got to this point.....i did miss the part about the computer and i did see it the second time around...
Are you sure that “over compensating or sympathizing” isn't the genesis here? With so much over sensitivity in the past few years, I can see a cities desire to “accommodated” large segments of their population to avoid confrontation. In this case, the L.A. Jewish community is fairly large and if the fear of possible negative impact is considered they might see it as a simple way to head off any possible issues that could arise from the orthodox community.
IMHO, I think the city desires to be every bodies “friend” when it comes down to race, religion etc. just to help mitigate the countless frivolous lawsuits that occur, most which we probably hear nothing about.
Pete

mbrown2
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Kilr, it is computer controlled; and their religion asks that they stay away from using electronics for the day....how could you miss those parts of the news release since they pretty much kill your rant....it's futile to argue with someone's religion and downloading some program to traffic lights is not going to kill anyone...they are always programmed that way in NYC....people don't have to worry about pushing buttons.

core attitude
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
No shit.........here are two right here. :D
they take XMAS off as well
THEY never refuse the time off work

moneypit
10-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Then this would mean that they couldnt even use the assistance of an electrical device like a cross walk. But its ok for them to use if someone pushes the button????? How stupid is that? I bet they use their cell phones. :D

moneypit
10-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Sorry You feel lazy, I did not make this CRAP up, YES it is crap...
Go to kcal 9 website and watch the video for yourself, YOUR OWN PEOPLE MADE YOU FEEL LAZY , NOT ME....Don't crap so personal I did not say OliverM5 is lazy....
Look at killer getting all type :( huffy n' shit... The guy said that the way you made your statement affiliated the Jews as being lazy. He's appears to be right.

core attitude
10-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Then this would mean that they couldnt even use the assistance of an electrical device like a cross walk. But its ok for them to use if someone pushes the button????? How stupid is that? I bet they use their cell phones. :DNot stupid at all, a cross walk is not an electrical device, it's asphalt. They simply are trying to follow common law by crossing when the cross walk sign reads “walk”, which is activated by an electrical device. That's why they will not push the button.........and I'll take you up on the cell phone bet. :D
Pete

JetBoatRich
10-14-2005, 03:31 AM
No shit.........here are two right here. :D
exactly :squiggle: notice the use of "THEY" :frown: which I don't always agree with and making a point

LOWRIVER2
10-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Well,
since my name was mentioned,...
Remember, the new mayor of LA (Villaraigosa) (His last name is a combo of his and his wife's maiden name-really!-lol) Is a past president of the LA chapter of the ACLU. Remember this Kilrtoy and you'll save yourself the time of starting a thread next time you see the city cater to a specific group based on ethnicity, gender or lifestyle. Get ready for more.
As for the jewish community in LA, there are two large Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods, one in Hollywood, the other in West LA. These groups are very traditional and most likely will abide by all traditions of their religion during their holidays.
Is it interesting that this act is done in light of the fact most public schools can't display Xmas trees or sing certain Xmas carols anymore?-yes. Is that aspect thought about at LA city hall?-of course not. It's politics, plain and simple.
But let's remember K-toy, When the gunman at LAX international terminal began firing in July, 2002, it was the unarmed JEWISH employees of El Al who tackled and defeated the gunman, not the Airport police who were nowhere to be found.
(Low-always twisting threads back to certain truths-River)

Old Texan
10-14-2005, 04:54 AM
All this over crossing the street. And we wonder how wars get started.

superdave013
10-14-2005, 05:37 AM
kinda like someone complained that the LA schools were not safe. And look, now you got a job out of that deal. :cool:

Seadog
10-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Nothing I have seen here is reason to start acting like anyone is being intolerant. Somebody had to complain because no government official has the brains to come up with something like this. I would imagine that most of the orthodox jewish community are just as ticked about this as anyone else. I also think that if most of them would say that the restriction on the use of electrical devices does not apply here The rule is that machines that save labor are not allowed. Since pushing the button is not a labor saving device, but a safety device, most rabbis would say that it is exempt from the rule. The same as if a person was on a ventilator.
The whole situation is a political crackpot idea that the media has gotten ahold of and distorted even further. Both the politicians and the media seem to have failed to do their research.

haulina29
10-14-2005, 05:59 AM
The Jews in west LA drive there electronicaly controlled Mercedes Benzs on the Holidays also known as Jew Canoe's

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2005, 05:59 AM
The whole situation is a political crackpot idea that the media has gotten ahold of and distorted even further. Both the politicians and the media seem to have failed to do their research.
Don't forget to add Kilrtoy, the intolerant, to this list. :hammer2:

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Wow...sounds pretty stupid to me IMO.... whats the point of not using electronics for a day???? Does it save your soul or something???? :D Bye the way..im not religous nor will I ever be... :cool:

OGShocker
10-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Wow...sounds pretty stupid to me IMO.... whats the point of not using electronics for a day???? Does it save your soul or something???? :D Bye the way..im not religous nor will I ever be... :cool:
The electronics thing started over 2000 years ago. Kind of a long story.
Bye the way..im not religous nor will I ever be... :cool:
I guess you'll never be in a foxhole then.

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 06:12 AM
I saw the news report, but I thought they (LA City)were going to "watch" the intersections and change the lights for them by remote.....using those cameras..... ;)
I guess because of their religion, they can't "work" and pushing the button to cross the street would be work........this one lady said she would just jaywalk and sometimes get a ticket.........................
I don't know...................
get a ticket, this would be fun if LE handed them a electronic pen to sign that ticket with :sqeyes:
and BTW............So. Cal SUX hard :messedup:

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 06:28 AM
Dont quite get the foxhole thing????? :confused: Maybe Im to young for that saying.... :D

riverbound
10-14-2005, 06:40 AM
.....what sucks is that you made the Jews sound like a bunch of lazys who are too good to push a button cause they dont want to lift a finger which is bullshit....
They aren't?? :confused:
Just kidding....most of my family members are practicing jews, so dont get pissed it was a joke. If you did take offense to this and feel you need to retaliate, relax....it was a joke.

76ANTHONY
10-14-2005, 06:47 AM
oh what day is this that they cant use electronics, my g/f is jexish? i would love to see what see does when i turn off the electric in the house :idea: :devil: :devil: :D

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
oh what day is this that they cant use electronics, my g/f is jexish? i would love to see what see does when i turn off the electric in the house :idea: :devil: :devil: :D
Your fockin cruel.....DO IT!!!! :crossx:

76ANTHONY
10-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Your fockin cruel.....DO IT!!!! :crossx:
OH I WILL IM PRINTING THIS THREAD AS WE SPEAK, SHE'LL KILL ME SHE SAYS I GET WAY TOO MUCH INFO OFF THIS WEBSITE ALREADY :D :D :D :hammer2:

76ANTHONY
10-14-2005, 06:54 AM
kiltroy, i dont care what happens in this thread im gonna THANK YOU for the info, this should get her back for the 30 or 50 day xmas thingey :D

core attitude
10-14-2005, 07:10 AM
It's not a matter of being "Jewish", it's a matter of being "Orthodox", which if she isn't, (my guess) it won't do anything but be an inconvenience to both of you........don't stub a toe. :)
Pete

76ANTHONY
10-14-2005, 07:18 AM
It's not a matter of being "Jewish", it's a matter of being "Orthodox", which if she isn't, (my guess) it won't do anything but be an inconvenience to both of you........don't stub a toe. :)
Pete
wheres the fun in that, shes maybe unorthodox huh? ah come on this would be funny.... im gonna do it anyways, i just gotta find something to do all day with no electric, i'll work :D :hammer2:

nhbuoy
10-14-2005, 07:18 AM
ktoy....OY VEY!!!... :chi:

WYRD
10-14-2005, 07:36 AM
or in bed with a smokin hottie :idea: :D

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 07:37 AM
or in bed with a smokin hottie :idea: :D
You have already seen me in bed with a smokin hottie!!! :jawdrop: :D

desertbird
10-14-2005, 08:52 AM
I saw this last night on the Channel 4 News! I was looking for the story this morning because I wanted to hassle all of my Heeb friends. (joke) I have a number of "Jewish" friends who are only Jewish becasue their parents were. Most of them think this kind of shit is as ridiculous as we think it is!
:wink:

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Plain and simple fixing lights to accomodate a specfic religion is B.S. What next.
I did state I missed the part about the commputer asisted controls. But someone has to deviate from their normal duties to accomodate these one day.
If anyone can show me where in any religius book it says you can't push a button, that helps you get to worships services. I will apologize.
Political correctness is killing this country
What does a shooting at the airport have to do with fixing lights.
About the same as the three striker who stuffed his 45 in the cashiers head at Fig/wash, where was metro then, watching the laker game at staples.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Inaddition religion is a choice not something that you cant change,
example being born blind, you cant change that, believing in a specific reason is by choice....

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 09:39 AM
You have already seen me in bed with a smokin hottie!!! :jawdrop: :D
But not two at a time

core attitude
10-14-2005, 09:50 AM
If anyone can show me where in any religius book it says you can't push a button, that helps you get to worships services. I will apologize.
Political correctness is killing this country
Apologize for what, is your opinion or view any less significant then anyone else who posts in this thread. Speaking only for myself........I don't see your opinion on this as offensive, bowing to the political correctness you speak of and forsaking your already stated position on the topic and the political correctness issue isn't needed here. You said what you said.....now own it. I'd respect that a lot more then a retraction and or apology on this matter.
Pete

NOTALENT
10-14-2005, 09:50 AM
But not two at a time
Toucshe.... :(
Inaddition religion is a choice not something that you cant change,
True that...I was born Catholic, Went to church every sunday and catacism...etc.. After alot of thought process and big event's in life. I chose to be atheist.

haulina29
10-14-2005, 10:01 AM
No apologies necessary Kilrtoy is correct its BS the political correctness has gone way to far . For tax payers to have to pay a nickle for a religious believe is wrong religion is a choice .

AirtimeLavey
10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
All this over crossing the street. And we wonder how wars get started.
Exactly. :mad: :hammerhea:

core attitude
10-14-2005, 10:11 AM
For tax payers to have to pay a nickle for a religious believe is wrong religion is a choice .
If you are referencing this topic I have yet to see anything about a cost being involved. It would be my guess that the program was done by an hourly or salary employee during the normal course of business. The program activates itself when needed in accordance with the calender. The statement below is incorrect.
Pete

mbrown2
10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
No apologies necessary Kilrtoy is correct its BS the political correctness has gone way to far . For tax payers to have to pay a nickle for a religious believe is wrong religion is a choice .
I am pretty sure certain religious organizations and churches get tax breaks due to being run as religious or non profit organization. This means that us tax payers or our companies pick up the slack for them. Is that wrong as well based on your reasoning?

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Apologize for what, is your opinion or view any less significant then anyone else who posts in this thread. Speaking only for myself........I don't see your opinion on this as offensive, bowing to the political correctness you speak of and forsaking your already stated position on the topic and the political correctness issue isn't needed here. You said what you said.....now own it. I'd respect that a lot more then a retraction and or apology on this matter.
Pete
I think you miss understood, I stand by what I said, but if the bible, koran or any other religious book that is recognized in the world and it states you can not push a crosswalk (ELECTRONIC DEVICE) as that is work, I will apologize....

core attitude
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I think you miss understood, I stand by what I said, but if the bible, koran or any other religious book that is recognized in the world and it states you can not push a crosswalk (ELECTRONIC DEVICE) as that is work, I will apologize....
Got it.

haulina29
10-14-2005, 01:03 PM
If you cant have religious artifacts in Goverment buildings than why should the goverment change anything for the purpose of religion it cant go both ways. Yes churches should be taxed. Do I care if there is religion mixed with state no I do not . Should any church build a 4 million dollar tax free unit no way .

LOWRIVER2
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Actually K-toy,
Metro was assigned to crowd control that night, mobile field force as you may have been trained (oh yeah, by metro/lol!). We were in the parking lot north of the center. And held back by a chump commander. We finally bumped past him and took care of business, albeit to a loss of a central cruiser.
I suppose your mighty school police stop all crime on campus, all the time right?
Actually, we both know you were off when those incidents happened since they were at night. If you were merged, we could have used you for some real police work....oh well, enjoy your weekends off, we'll all somehow get along out there on weekends and nights without you/lol!
As for the airport, you know why I posted it, to play with ya/lol.
One question that's school police oriented:
What's gonna happen to the Belmont learning site? I'm sure your guys must have to do patrol checks on it. Are they gonna level it or what?

Blown 472
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Dont you know jews rule the world?? jew hater.

uvindex
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I think you miss understood, I stand by what I said, but if the bible, koran or any other religious book that is recognized in the world and it states you can not push a crosswalk (ELECTRONIC DEVICE) as that is work, I will apologize....Just to answer Kilr's question, not trying to get in the middle of this thing! :)
"In Shabbat law, opening and closing electrical circuits is related to the kindling and extinguishing of fires. Kindling fire is the only one of the thirty-nine major categories of forbidden labors on Shabbat that is spelled out." (Google "orthodox jew using electricity" to see lots of info on this topic.)
So, those Jews who follow this can't even turn on switches during certain periods. (They even buy things known as "Shabbat Timers" to turn appliances on and off during Shabbat.) This is definitely not me, by the way. I like to use my switches all the time, thank you very much.
OK, back to your discussion now. :)

Jordy
10-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T F UCKING ROLL! Shomer shabbos! :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually K-toy,
Metro was assigned to crowd control that night, mobile field force as you may have been trained (oh yeah, by metro/lol!). We were in the parking lot north of the center. And held back by a chump commander. We finally bumped past him and took care of business, albeit to a loss of a central cruiser.
I suppose your mighty school police stop all crime on campus, all the time right?
Actually, we both know you were off when those incidents happened since they were at night. If you were merged, we could have used you for some real police work....oh well, enjoy your weekends off, we'll all somehow get along out there on weekends and nights without you/lol!
As for the airport, you know why I posted it, to play with ya/lol.
One question that's school police oriented:
What's gonna happen to the Belmont learning site? I'm sure your guys must have to do patrol checks on it. Are they gonna level it or what?
We all know you are knowledgable, but why do you insist on putting down every agency other than the blue wrecking crew. I dont get it.
And Im well aware of how understaffed you guys were that night and I am very aware of the clowns at the top that stopped you from doing your job, especially some clown LAPD captian that left me stuck in the fire two weeks ago when I put out a help call and he ordered a motor stike team to stand down. Even after a Lt told him that I needed help, he stood firm and did not send back up, THANKS LAPD...
Now I was talking about fig and wash, yes the night of the laker game in 01, when the eight-trey who was just parolled from prison for ADW with a fireman on a P.O., more specific a S/E crash officer 6 years earlier, decided to take hostages and then rob the chevron with his 45 auto.
After I chased him for a 1/4 mile , and of course got him, Metro tried to take the caper and claim it as theres :hammer2:
We all know your bitchen, but when you constantly put every agency down in So Cal, it just re-enforces what every one thinks about the LAPD.....

HM
10-14-2005, 06:15 PM
After I chased him for a 1/4 mile , and of course got him,......
Did he fail to yield to your crossing guard sign? :D
We all know your bitchen, but when you constantly put every agency down in So Cal, it just re-enforces what every one thinks about the LAPD.....
PIG FIGHT!!!
I'm taking odds on the guy in blue. ;)

Jordy
10-14-2005, 06:17 PM
PIG FIGHT!!!
I'm taking odds on the guy in blue. ;)
Wait a minute, is the bitch slap lady going to be there? That could change the outcome substantially. ;)

HM
10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Wait a minute, is the bitch slap lady going to be there? That could change the outcome substantially. ;)
I agree! She's got more moves than Bobby Fischer! O.k. maybe it appears she has got more moves with the whole head weaving action and finger shaking. :D

Cs19
10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
First the Fuc*ing Mexicans thread, now the jew's are lazy and Lowriver sucks thread.
when i grow up i wanna be perfect like Kilrtoy.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2005, 07:00 PM
First the Fuc*ing Mexicans thread, now the jew's are lazy and Lowriver sucks thread.
when i grow up i wanna be perfect like Kilrtoy.
When you learn to read correctly, you will be on the first step in your quest

CARRERA
10-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I heard it on the news yesterday and said the same "WHAT A CROCK OF
$H^T"

CARRERA
10-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey, I wanna get back to the foxhole thingy.
Rio :D
What's with the Foxhole thing?

LOWRIVER2
10-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Get it right K-toy>>>
The ONLY agencies I criticize (EVER) are the specialized police agencies in LA CITY.
That's
LA School police
LA port police
General Services police
LAX police
LA Park Police
And as for the critiques, has'nt been about officers, it's been about their (agency)policies
They need to all be condensed, I've said the same message on this site over and over and over again. Don't try to bring other city/county agencies to your side buddy, only the "specialized dept.'s" in Los Angeles city are what should be consolidated.
Are you even 830.1P.C. status?,....or some 830.2222 or something else.
Too much duplication of effort and different chains of command to make things more complicated than they are.
Naw, we are'nt the best , never said that. But let's remember what calls/tasks city/county guys do on a regular basis compared to you and the specialized agency guys. Your work load ain't there to justify your dept's need to exist. At least the spec. dept.'s for LA City. If it did, our detectives would'nt be handling/filing cases for your agency.
And if you were consolidated, you would have been on the SAME frequency for a back up call and had a FASTER response from many more units. That issue alone is worth the consolidation.
That being said,
If we're so bad, how come you posted that photo of your bike next to an LAPD hybrid with LAPD door symbol displayed and the school police stickers on your bike hidden? Coincidence??..... Just wondering here.

LOWRIVER2
10-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh, one more question you never answered from another thread Kilr,
Were your school police BMW motors purchased as used units? Or were they brand new?

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I just found this!!!!! Holy crap!!!!!!!
I figure somebody to "religious" (read as "lazy") to push a crosswalk button must be too lazy to open his/her front door to leave the farking house!!!!!!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 11:57 AM
I won't call all jews too lazy to push a button on a holliday, BUT........ I will call any jew who IS to lazy to push the button but wants someone hired/paid/provided for him/her so they have no sacrafice to make REALLY FARKING LAZY. :hammer2: :hammer2:
I take stupid crap like this on a case-by-case basis and don't generalize. :cool:
Generally. :D :D :D :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 12:18 PM
What's with the Foxhole thing?
OK, the "foxhole thingy" refers to an old saying in the military (mostly the Army & the Marine Corps that:
"There are no athiests in foxholes".
It refers to the "assumption of fact" that (since foxholes are a primary shelter during an artillery barrage) sooner or later (likely sooner) while hiding from an Arty Barrage, everyone begins speaking to god looking to get out of this troublesome spot alive. Athiests would of course, never speak to god so nobody in a foxhole is an athiest.
Air Force Security Forces are more than passingly familiar with foxholes too. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, at least the computerized system saves the vision I had of people having to man crosswalks. hahahaha. Wonder why I didn't figure it would be set up that way? Just amazed at the idea, and I had heard of Shabbat before. :D

HighRoller
10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
My only question is where is the ACLU? Could you imagine if the city were asked to make this accomodation for Christians? The ACLU lawyers would be at City Hall before the ink dried on the request crying "violation of Church and State".
As far as the atheist thing and believing in God, here's my take:
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no explanation is possible.
It blows me away that someone could look around at our world and our bodies and nature in general and believe it was all created by "accident" when two rocks collided in space. But if you showed them a Ferrari and told them it was created in a recycling pile when some steel and aluminum collided, they'd call bullshit!! :jawdrop:

core attitude
10-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I won't call all jews too lazy to push a button on a holliday
I'm not sure how adhering to one's religious beliefs equates to one being lazy.......I understand how you might see it that way but it doesn't compute with me. Are Orthodox Jews usually seen as or thought of as lazy by gentiles'?

core attitude
10-16-2005, 02:33 PM
My only question is where is the ACLU? Could you imagine if the city were asked to make this accomodation for Christians?
They do something similar, how about the street closings for the various Christmas parades that take place every year?

MagicMtnDan
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Around here ignorance is frequently bliss.
You may not want the city to do anything for "special groups" - when does "the public" become "special groups?" How many members of the public does it take to be a group?
Calling people lazy because YOU don't want to understand or respect their religious beleifs is intolerant.
in·tol·er·ant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tlr-nt)
adj.
Not tolerant, especially:
Unwilling to tolerate differences in opinions, practices, or beliefs, especially religious beliefs.
Opposed to the inclusion or participation of those different from oneself, especially those of a different racial, ethnic, or social background.
Hey Jordy, Shabat Shalom! :D

Wet Dream
10-17-2005, 06:40 AM
"In Shabbat law, opening and closing electrical circuits is related to the kindling and extinguishing of fires. Kindling fire is the only one of the thirty-nine major categories of forbidden labors on Shabbat that is spelled out." (Google "orthodox jew using electricity" to see lots of info on this topic.)
:)
I'm just reading this watching it go back and forth. Some of the things that I want to say would probably get me kicked off of the boards. ;) I won't drop that bomb yet.
So from what is written into their belief is that if these fu(kers are living in the northern United States during the winter and its cold, they'll either freeze their asses off or break their religious code by lighting a fire or cranking up the thermostat and "firing up" the furnace? So many sinners out there, huh? Total bullshit for any religion to pull this kind of crap. Get with the fu(king times. We have Amish around here like you can't believe. Even they know how to work with what the 21st century has thrown at them. They're not stupid, and definately NOT lazy. They still stack their corn stalks which is cut by hand. These people are amazing, but the food...bland. YUCK.

uvindex
10-17-2005, 11:20 AM
So from what is written into their belief is that if these fu(kers are living in the northern United States during the winter and its cold, they'll either freeze their asses off or break their religious code by lighting a fire or cranking up the thermostat and "firing up" the furnace?Found this after a little Googling:
"Changing the temperature of the thermostat:
When the boiler is in operation, it is prohibited to alter the temperature of the thermostat. However when the boiler is not on, some Poskim allow the thermostat to be adjusted to a lower temperature but not to a higher temperature."
So, yes, they would freeze their asses off. However, they get around this by planning ahead (setting the thermostat to a comfy temperature the day before while it's still allowed. :))

HighRoller
10-17-2005, 11:54 AM
They do something similar, how about the street closings for the various Christmas parades that take place every year?
And the ACLU is all up in arms saying that calling it a "Christmas" parade is unconstitutional. Notice how schools have a "Holiday" or "winter" break now instead of Christmas break? Oh, and crosses are offensive but crossdressing is freedom of speech and should be protected!!!

core attitude
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Wasn't this country based on the freedom of religion concept? Predominately white, Christian at the time. So thank a white Christian for what freedom that you do have as I can't remember any Muslim, Hindu, or Jew signing the Dec.of Ind. ( I could be wrong-but I doubt it).
You're joking right? Are you aware of the rights afford to Jews prior to that time... or immigrant rights in general? Of course they didn't sign it.......this country wasn't “ Predominately white, Christian at the time ” all on it's own.
Think of what kind of reception we'd get in Israel if we went over there and twisted it around a bit.).
Who is twisting what? The Jews? The Gentiles? The media? The ignorant? Since the single news story, I've seen anything on this in the media what so ever.......I guess it really wasn't much of a story at all. And as for going to Israel, I thought the topic at hand was an issue born from religion not ethnicity, so why go to Israel?
If I'm standing at the signal waitin for a light and you ask if I could push a button for you-NO PROBLEM, BUT if you think that I'll "pay" so YOU can practice YOUR religious beliefs> GFYS !
Rio
Here is a perfect example of “twisting” if you are referring to the topic thread. There hasn't been any reference or evidence of anyone having to "pay" anything relating to this at all.
Just a few irrelevant thoughts running lose.
Ditto. :D
Pete

core attitude
10-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Riodog, This is some funny stuff, I really enjoyed the personal attack, classic. Having never met me I'm in awe at your innate ability to so inaccurately disseminate so much about a person from a simple innocuous post, absolutely magnificent. Let me try to reply but please excuse my inadequacies in doing so as I am obviously inept when it comes to comprehension and communication. Please bear with me.......
Core, go back and reread the entire thread from beginning to end and if you still don't comprehend what you've read maybe someone will translate for you. Basically, not one of your comments apply to anything I posted nor do they apply to what was posted in the prior posts.
I've read the entire thread, hence I am not reiterating incorrect information days after it has been corrected. As for my comments not applying to earlier posts, that would be correct..... that is why I did not quote any post previous to yours.
[QUOTE=riodog]Better luck next time at trying to take an opposing view and I won't go back and debate you point by point as I'd only embarass you.
Didn't I say these were just random thoughts?
I wasn't taking an opposing view but merely stating my “ random thoughts” as well. I enjoyed what you had written and it elicited thought that I in turn posted, simple as that. The fact that you didn't like it and felt it's only value was as an “opposing view” is a legitimate interpretation and I respect that. As for you embarrassing me, don't pat yourself on the back so quickly. Your feeling or action towards me or anything I may post doesn't have an emotional affect on me. Don't give yourself so much credit to think someone you don't even know cares what you think about them.......this someone sure doesn't.
"Of course they didn't sign it.......this country wasn't “ Predominately white, Christian at the time ” all on it's own."> What does this mean?
Just the facts of history...... immigrants were not afforded the same rights as those born in this country. That's the way this country was run, it was a purposeful act to protect the rights of U.S born citizens and the country.
"Who is twisting what?"> No one said anyone was twisting anything.
Think of what kind of reception we'd get in Israel if we went over there and twisted it around a bit.).
This comment seems like an inference to me that the issue was being "twisted" here and I was simply throwing out random thought as to how it might be getting “twisted” here.
"There hasn't been any reference or evidence of anyone having to "pay" anything relating to this at all."
>They are sending out crews to accomodate the jewish community so they dont have to WORK, I mean push crosswalk buttons........
How much money is this gonna COST?
This is false, there are no “crews” doing anything........it is a computer program that controls the signal. It showed this on the news cast and was even clarified in an earlier post.
Now don't get your panty's in a wad. I'm not really anti anything except people that can't understand what is actually written, that jump in with both feet over what they mistakenly think is written, and reveal their lack of personal developement (reading comprehension) to everyone else.
If you feel I am one of these people, please feel free to point out what I seem to not understand or comprehend, otherwise you might want to take a reread yourself as the corrected information that was added was somewhat difficult to extrapolate and it appears you might have missed it.
People that exhibit traits such as these shouldn't be engaging in any activity that could develop into an emergency as they don't have the ability to assess the situation quickly and accurately enough to be able to respond with the appropriate action within the required time.
I wasn't aware that posting on a public message board constituted this type of activity, is there some type of license I should apply for or something?
Your other posts need work also. I'm not a paid educator but I believe Ms. Debbolas can help you with your reading comprehension.
That sounds great, maybe we would be able to get a cut rate if she were able to help you with your spelling.
Good luck,
Rio
:wink:
Thanks Rio, with you looking over my shoulder I almost feel like forever I will have an angel on my wing.

wilpower
10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
so kilrtoy sees part of a news report (they last anywhere from 60 - 90 seconds. obviously much longer then his attention span) he immediately jumps on this forum and starts to berate Jews & denigrate their religion calling them lazy & worthless. he also incites others on this board to post additional anti- Jewish statements as well as assaulting each other verbally. then I find out he is a Police Officer one of L.A.'s finest. (I guess I shouldn't be to surprised.) But wait his concern is over the money the city will waste in reprogramming the light to automatically change to walk without pushing a button. I don't see his outrage and concern over cost when a certain group of people destroyed part of L.A. when the cops who beat Rodney King were acquitted. How much did the city of L.A. spend on that. or for a more current event how about in Ohio. I was amazed as I watched this group of people stand down a bunch of Nazis. Only after scaring them off they proceeded to destroy their own neighborhood. I just heard on the news that 12 Police Officers were injured during the riot. one is in critical condition. why aren't you on here berating those people. why aren't you calling them lazy & worthless. Why aren't you angry over how much money is wasted on this
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
Its a waste of your time and it pisses off the pig.

78Eliminator
10-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Walter, you're not even Jewish!!!!

LAPII
10-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Hopefully everyone can remember this (but from previous posts I guess not) for the last Fing time Kilrtoy is not LAPD, never has been. He is a LA school campus officer. If he was LAPD, from some of his posts (controversial) over the last year or so he would be suspended so much from the job, he'd be looking for another one. Remember Kilrtoy=LA school officer, thanks and goodnight.

Kilrtoy
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
WILPOWER,
Bigots popping up everywhere,
And yes wilpower so are jackasses and I see you have arrived.....
When you learn to read come back on here and we can chat
Rodney King, what does he have to do with setting signal lights for a religious holiday. Most people on here are very aware of what I think about that incident.
As for the Ohio incident, I only heard a news FLASh, but I think its bullshit that these people did this to their own city.
As for the NAZI's I do not agree with there views in any way shape or form, But if we are gonna allow million man marches, Holiday crosswalk signal changes, we have to let them march.....
As for the city, they can not tell me that I cannot disagree with their actions, This is still america.

Kilrtoy
10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Hopefully everyone can remember this (but from previous posts I guess not) for the last Fing time Kilrtoy is not LAPD, never has been. He is a LA school campus officer. If he was LAPD, from some of his posts (controversial) over the last year or so he would be suspended so much from the job, he'd be looking for another one. Remember Kilrtoy=LA school officer, thanks and goodnight.
I think LOW RIVER would be further ahead of me in that line....

AzMandella
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Well all I can say about this is that the ACLU is F@#king this country up big time.Hell we can't even call Halloween halloween anymore because it is politically incorrect.All I want to know is what ever happened to "Separation of Church and State" something our forefathers started to avoid all this shit!And California and New York seem to be the two major culprits in starting all this B.S..The city,state,and federal governments have no buisiness getting involved in any of this shit.

LOWRIVER2
10-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Sorry K-toy,
The controversial comments against minority groups on this site rest solely with you. The only controversial topics I write about (hardly) are those pertaining to the merging of specialized police dept.'s in LA city. If that happened (merger), you would'nt have as much time to keep jumping into the hot water you keep finding yourself in on this board.
Sure, I did debate the initiative things, but no longer on this site.
I also found out Orthodox Jews don't have to sign citations issued by LAPD on fri's/sat.'s as to observe their beliefs. They are still held to answer like everyone else. Does it really matter that they don't sign or cost the city more money? No. Does it show the PD can work with the community in a positive light? sure.