PDA

View Full Version : oh F*#k

v-drive
10-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I was just getting ready to winterize my boat and noticed discoloration in the fibreglass along one of the stringers. I then noticed a crack at the base of the stringer at the floor and it goes the whole length almost. I wanted to have the boat painted this year but it looks like I will have to gut it and get really serious here. who should I take it to? :eek: v-drive

EXTREMEBOATS
10-14-2005, 03:22 AM
ANY ONE YOU CAN TRUST TO FIX THE PROBLEM.... :messedup:
Mike

v-drive
10-14-2005, 04:28 AM
ANY ONE YOU CAN TRUST TO FIX THE PROBLEM.... :messedup:
Mike
Funny, and if you weren't so far away how do I know that you are trustworthy :wink: v-drive

dmontzsta
10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
I took my Lavey to CLM. The floors in my Lavey were SHOT!. It sounds like yours are not too bad. PM SmartAss (the name with all the weird characters and K13 in the avatar). Or his brother Nucking Futs. They should be able to give you a reasonable price.

old rigger
10-14-2005, 07:10 AM
I'd take it to Kenny at BK boat repair in Bellflower. He's just about the best glass man on earth and he's a v-drive guy too. 562 925 7111
Sal at Orange County boat repair would be my second choice, he's in Stanton. 714 827 6247.
I was just getting ready to winterize my boat and noticed discoloration in the fibreglass along one of the stringers. I then noticed a crack at the base of the stringer at the floor and it goes the whole length almost. I wanted to have the boat painted this year but it looks like I will have to gut it and get really serious here. who should I take it to? :eek: v-drive

EXTREMEBOATS
10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Funny, and if you weren't so far away how do I know that you are trustworthy :wink: v-driveV-Drive thats the best question I have ever seen posted any where. :cry: So nows when I get the chance to explain.. In the years I have been involved in this trade, I have like many had to make that decission. By saying what I did in no way was implying im the man. Only sharing my own history. That is how I am now in this business from learning all I could and still am to be sure I get and give what I would expect. There are lots of great people to help you and by asking for honest help you have the best chance of finding some one your comfortable with for years to come. :idea:
Mike

v-drive
10-17-2005, 07:52 AM
I tried to call Bk on Friday but with no luck, I have alot going on at work so the times I called could have been bad. Monday is another day and I will try again, I just hate the thought of tearing this thing apart. After alot of thought I have decided to do it the same way(color scheme)as it is an old lavey and we actually like the way it looks. I have only been able to put a picture in the image center so tell me what you guys think if you would. Thanks
:D :coffeycup :coffeycup v-drive

Nucking futs
10-17-2005, 09:03 AM
this one?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/28862005_0709Image0016.JPG
Swing it by and we can take a peek at it.
Tim

v-drive
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
That would be the one. Thanks Tim.. :D :coffeycup v-drive

dmontzsta
10-17-2005, 10:11 AM
That would be the one. Thanks Tim.. :D :coffeycup v-drive
Ben,
Tim knows all about these boats, he just tore mine apart and restored the entire floor.