PDA

View Full Version : 16' Tahiti\Schuster

pitbull
10-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi I'm a new member looking for info on a boat I have recently aquired. On the registration it says 1970 16' Schuster and it has a Mercury 1350 OB but I have also been advised it could be a Tahiti.
I am quite perplexed as I can't find any info on this boat.
I am looking for any input about it that can be offered I would also like to find the gunnel decal for the boat to replace it.
Thanks for any help you may have,

bilgewiper
10-17-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi Pitbull, welcome to the boards. One of our most respected members "Old Rigger" has alot of info about your boat and most of the "splashes" of the day. Do a search of Tahiti or Schuster and you will come up with info. I did a quick one and came up with http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563&highlight=Schuster+tahiti unfortantly since it is a very old thread most of the pictures in the thread gone missing because "Hot boat" picture board crashed or got overloaded a while back and lost most of everyones pictures.

pitbull
10-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info. I will continue to search the treads for info on this boat. If anyone knows where I might get any additional info about a decal or just history I would appreciate it.
Also anyone know why I can not post a picture here the one I am trying to post is a 356KB jpg file and I get an error saying it is not a valid image. When I try to contact someone here I get an error getting to this contact page?

Oldsquirt
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
For decals, try PM'ing "Roostwear" on this board.
Dick Schuster was the man behind "Tahiti" boats. Even though my boat was a Tahiti, the Coast Gaurd plate showed the manufacturer to be "Schuster Boats".
That little 16' was available as a jet, I/O and outboard. It was also copied by a number of other manufacturers. As recently as the late 90's there was someone here in California producing 4cyl I/O version and calling it a "Sweet 16".
That pic is too big to include as an "attachment". Try uploading it somewhere on the net and then including it as a pic using the "image" function. Or you can e-mail me the pic and I'll put it up for you.