PDA

View Full Version : Best "Docking/trailering" Story

Legal Chemistry
05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I've heard of people bringing their jets straight passed the trailer and through the back of the truck (two weeks ago at launch #6.) :skull:
Here's mine: A few weeks ago my wife :argue: was bringing the "new" boat to the trailer. She was going to fast, and didn't seem to "care" about slowing down nor my wellfare or well-being. I finally gave her the "cut it" sign at 75' feet out and she drifted right in, at an angle just over the top of my trailer and near perfectly to the one next to us (sorry babe wrong truck and trailer, lol.) Luckily the fella next to us laughed his arse off as I tried to save it, and also lucky that my trailer was ~30ft in the water and his was ~15' -it gave her enough room to slow down. Lessons learned -she needs to practice a few more times.
What's your story? :cry:

LAFD
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
first time ever taking the boat out bringing the boat back in to put on the trailor and steered the wrong way in reverse and got hung up on the trailor fender. so i just shut it down and put it on the trailor. nuthin damaged and im nmuch better now.

Wally_Gator
05-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Elsinore last year right after the floating RV, when the ramp was slick as hell.
Went to guide the boat onto the trailer and slipped and fell straight on my ass and couldn't get up because it was soo slick..

jpeaston
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
at a popular Memorial Day lake, there a women that could not back down, she was driving because he was drunk and the cops were loading people up coming off the lake, making her even more nervous than the 10 people honking behind her. I couldn't take it and once she got the trailer behind the truck, I looped around under her and back down between two other trailers about 15 feet apart, dropped and pull out in one swoop in about 35 seconds.
There was a drunk redneck in handcuffs sitting on the ramp, he yells out "thats a trailer backin' motherf'er right there", stands up, turns around and gives me two thumbs up.
I can't remember if it was funnier then or when we re-enacted it around the campfire about 25 times.

NautiTwins
05-11-2006, 12:57 PM
My wife at PIRU. I never back the truck down. I take care of the boat. Well there was a guy having major problems getting lined up to go down the ramp. AT the time the water was way down and the launch ramp was pretty tough. She walked up to the guy, hopped in his truck and backed it down first try. She is the queen of trailer backing up.

SHIFTY
05-11-2006, 01:02 PM
at a popular Memorial Day lake, there a women that could not back down, she was driving because he was drunk and the cops were loading people up coming off the lake, making her even more nervous than the 10 people honking behind her. I couldn't take it and once she got the trailer behind the truck, I looped around under her and back down between two other trailers about 15 feet apart, dropped and pull out in one swoop in about 35 seconds.
There was a drunk redneck in handcuffs sitting on the ramp, he yells out "thats a trailer backin' motherf'er right there", stands up, turns around and gives me two thumbs up.
I can't remember if it was funnier then or when we re-enacted it around the campfire about 25 times.
OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Hallett19
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Saw a HOT chick backing down a ramp, picking up her boyfriend in his raced out flattie at site six, she could not get the trailer to come down right and by the 10th attempt, her boyfriend was screaming and yelling and going nuts !!! Finally I got out and helped her back it down after I got my boat on my trailer and secure. There were a ton of people around, she was so pissed. As I was walking along the side of the truck holding the wheel to back it down she was saying how she hates him and he always makes her feel bad and asked me if I have a girlfriend and what I was doing tonight.... good times :)
And not to toot my own horn, but froggystyle and I one night did a litteral 30 second trailer job, I back it down fast, got the boat on with everyone still in it, wes jumped out on the deck, cranked the boat up and we were off, its was pretty slick.

bighead
05-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Last summer after finishing repairs I was so excited I forgot to unhook the tie down straps when I backed it in, crowded ramp and lots of comments followed that one, I felt like a Bayliner owner on his first trip.

Konabud
05-11-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm at Neah Bay WA fishing last summer, I moor my boat up there for 4 months a year but for some reason this year the resort screwed up and rented out my slip for the night. The owner lets me have half of his 50' commercial slip while his boat is out because the marina is full. (I'll get my spot back the next day).
The fishing day is done so I grab my Corona and walk about 20' down the dock to have my evening entertainment watching the boats load out for the day at the boat launch. Here comes a brand new 20' aluminum boat loading in with someone behind the wheel as they're backing down. He hits the water pretty fast and the driver jams the brakes sending the boat about 10' out into the bay with about a 15 knot crosswind blowing him into the rocks as he cranks madly trying to get the boat started before his brand new boat goes aground.
It starts with about 5 feet to go and luckily he is pointed kind of in the right direction when it starts but he has blown behind the first finger of the pier and is headed right for the corner of the dock (wind blowing him into the dock of course) I'm watching ... thinking should I help or not.... NAAAA!! it's an aluminum boat! HE'S GONNA HIT.. HE'S GONNA HIT ....... he missed by about 1 inch. About that time I take a look at my Corona, notice it's empty and head back to my boat shaking my head.
I get back to the boat, crack another Corona, kick back and look about 50 yds down towards the end of the pier thinking life is pretty good (at least I'm not parked next to the idiot right??) when who should come around the corner but the guy in the brand new aluminum boat. Looking around I'm noticing that I do not see a bunch of open spots except the one right in front of me...... So I watch in anticipation having visions of this guy dragging his boat down the side of mine trying to get to the spot in front of me.
Well to his credit and survival instincts he didn't hit my boat but he's coming past me at a pretty good clip when BAM!!! he hits the dock at about a 45 degree angle, shuts the motor off, grabs a dock cleat with one hand while he rummages around the bottom of the boat and comes up with a ski rope to tie off the back end. Then he reaches up to the next cleat while he rummages around for the other end of the ski rope. Then he starts looking around the boat and comes up with a lone fender to put in the middle of the boat, pulls up his pants and heads off to parts unknown...........
I crack another Corona, throw some fresh halibut on the barbee and thank the fish gods………

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I have seen almost every thing.... 2 of them come to mind..
One was a lady backing up her boat with a lifted jeep. She back one of the wheels up on to the dock and fliped the boat and the jeep on its side...
The other was a a guy backing down a very large boat with a older import truck... he forgot to undo the tie downs and the boat still hooked to the trailer( now floating) lifted the back wheels of the truck off of the ground. The guy could not move... he had to stay in the truck ( standing on the brake) while I go inthe water started up his boat and use the boats motor to push the truck back so that his tires would tuch the ramp.
I use to make it a point to go out to the ramps on memoral day with a 6 pack and a sandwitch and watch ppl try to back thier boats in the water....
Then there is "Make It Happen' Capt'n"

whiteworks
05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Last summer I was up at park moabi kickin by the beach launch. this guy in a toyota 4x4 with a 16' 1960 lookin trihull outboard is getting ready to launch and take the kids out on the river for some good family fun. well the kids are like 12 and 8 and he throws them in the boat and backs it down aways and then hops out of the truck and into the boat and messes with it for a bit and gets it fired up. he then proceeds back to the truck to back it in deep enough to float it. this in when it became entertaining. he starts yelling at the kid to put it in reverse and back it off, the kids asking how to do it and the dads getting pissed and freaking out yelling at the kid directions on how to operate the boat. at this time it was quite apparent that the kid had no clue what to do or how to do it. the whole time the dads sitting in the truck yelling cussing and just losin it. Oh yeah the entire truck is in the water on a sand beach launch. so then the kid starts freakin and finally gets the thing in reverse and off he goes. then the dad starts yelling new directions from the cab of the truck the kids idleing around in reverse just terrified. and finally gets it out of reverse and going forward toward the beach at about a 45 drgree angle hit the bottom with the prop and the boat is just sitting there with the motor jumping all around from running while in gear banging off the bottom. the dad is in full freak out mode yelling and screaming at the kid while he drives the truck out of the water and parks it he continues to yell and scream all the way to the parking area and as he walks back down to the boat. so the kid just kinda freezes and is staring off in the distance while the boat is running on the beach and the dads yelling. so the dad gets in the boat throws it in reverse and backs it off the beach and off they go for a fun filled day at the river. poor kid I bet he never takes his kids boating when he grows up.

poncho-pwr
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Let's face it guys, there is just nothing better than launch ramp humor.

robk
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I used to ride the surf on my jet ski out of Dana Point Harbor -- that has to be one of the most entertaining launch ramps I've ever been to.
Brand new Mercedes SUV with two brand new Yamaha 3-seaters on a trailer behind it, paper plates and all. The guy tries to back the trailer like some kind of hero and gets the trailer crooked, slams on the brakes, and the two brand new skis slide right off the trailer and tumble down the ramp.
Another time I saw the exact same thing with a center-console 21' fishing boat. There was a guy in it, ready to back it off the trailer; the guy driving the truck slammed on the brakes and the back end of the boat did a digger right into the cement.
Rob

Racer277
05-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Pulling into Site 6 on a big weekend (many years ago...), I warned the wife it can get "interesting". Drop her off at the dock to get the truck so I set and wait.
She gets into the loop, looks at about 100 people in lawn chairs heckling and generally abusing the drivers, puts it in park (trucks lined up behind her too..) and walks down to the shore to give me "The Look". :squiggle:
I just laughed, swapped places with her, and we were out of there.
She's no slouch either. I watched her tell one of my macho buddies to "move over", and proceeded to back his trailer down first try, after he tried 10 times on a long ramp at Isabella. He was red from the neck up. :)
She just wasn't having any of that Site 6 crowd. :D

Racer277
05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I can picture that Sean...lol
I don't remember her saying anything, just giving me 'The Look' as in "Get your ass up here and back this truck so these stupid MF'ers won't say a damn word" Look...
:)

boats&bars
05-11-2006, 08:53 PM
was at elsinore last season watched some guy with a two ski trailer trying to put his ski on it, gets it on ,and is standing where the other ski goes (feet on the ground) . also drunk and yells vaminos his wife hits the gas his legs were cought in the trailer and she drug him underwater and up the ramp before someone stopped her bumpin 99.1 she had no idea she almost killed her sancho.... there were about 20 people just standing around laughing , it was the best I have seen so far, the asian guy that jacknifed his trailer and boat and drug it down the side of the sherrif patrol boat at elsinore was pretty fiunny too....

wetterwith3
05-11-2006, 09:21 PM
was in my boat waiting for room to get up to the dock to get out and retreive my truck, while was waiting this guy was holding to brand new seedoos while the wife tries to back down the ramp with a brand new no plates yet z-71 the wife jacknifes the trailer so far the front lockdown bar hits the side of the bed and leaves a really big dent and broken taillight. She was pissed because she couldn't do it and scare of hubby who was yelling his ass off at her. :crossx:

shaun
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
This memory is from back when i was like 12. The boat was having serious problems, wasn't running right, my mom was driving and it was a pretty busy weekend. She was having to feather the throttle to keep it running. The launch ramp was full and my dad was waiting for this guy with 2 seado's to move. Well this guy was one of those idiots who pulls out his seado's then sits on the launch ramp and starts them reving them doing whatever. My dad walks down there says "hey my wife is stuck out there, the boats not running right can you pull up and do that up in the parking area". The guy says something cocky back at my dad and jumps in his truck and pulls away. My dad backs down the ramp, we get the boat out and now were in the parking area. Next thing i remember is i see the guy come flying in front of us with his truck and 2 seado's, slams on his breaks and jumps out of his truck with a hammer. His girlfriend/wife is screaming no and goes to take a few steps toward my dad. My dad sees all this too and the next thing i know my dad is charging this guy. Remember this guy has a hammer, the guy is now walking/running backwards and my dad is kicking at his thighs while chasing him. My dad ends up with the hammer, the girlfriend/wife comes running up and luckily my mom is screaming and pulling on my dad. The guy jumps in his truck and takes off. Never saw the guy again :p

BigDoug
05-12-2006, 06:03 AM
Boy, what people will do for the love of boating !!!

UNCLE SAM
05-12-2006, 06:19 AM
My wife & I are now in our second season of boating & are greatful to have not had any such incidents due to something we saw on one of our first trips out.
We are watching a couple load up a brand new Crownline, the one with the checkerboard flag stripe down the side. I am not sure what it is called. She is backing down the ramp for the 1st time in her new Toyota Sequoia paper plates an all. The sun has just gone down. She does a fair job & gets the trailer just about the right depth, sets the brake & gets out. My wife comments hey that wasn't too bad. I agree & then the show starts. "Chad" (we will call him) hollers in a drunken slur BACK IT IN FURTHER. So she get in , moves it back about 6 inches. He hollers MORE. This happens 2 or 3 more times. Then he hollers I CAN'T SEE DO SOMETHING!! She get out & opens the hatch on the Toyota. He commences to browbeat her about when I tell you to back the g.d thing in farther I mean farther. He is really actin like an ass. NOW BACK THE GD THING ALL THE WAY IN. So she does. Water all the way up to the winch, back of her brand new Toyota is in the lake. He hollers PERFECT ABOUT F>>>IN TIME. And hammers the throttle. BAM he stabs the bow right into the winch tower. Gets out like all is cool. Hooks the bow eye up . Then our buddy Chad jumps in the Toyota & jerks kis boat out of the lake leaving the wife standing on the ramp. The boat crashes down on the bunks. He walks back to tha ramp chewing her ass from across the parking lot as he goes. There is a lull in their conversation as they pass us . She looks at us wiyh a please help me look. I can no longer contain myself. I look at her & say I would tell the dumb son of a bitch that he might want to turn the boat off. You should have seen her face. It was priceless. His was horror. She turns around & looks at Chad. He is just frozen, looking 25-30 yards away is his new waterlogged Toyota , Crownline with a hole in the bow
sitting on the trailer idleing. She says in the sweetest voice you ever heard. Did you hear the man honey. Go turn you boat off. YOU FUC>> RETARD.
Chad runs to the boat. He is so busy for a while her never saw her make a call on the cell & have someone come & get her.

Mr. Crusader 83
05-12-2006, 01:20 PM
site six, labor day weekend. 8:30 at night. we all know the area. pitch black.
husband backs the trailer in the water. (a little too deap) the wife has 3 other girlfriends in the boat. with the stereo blastin. so as she comes up to the trailor and brand new tahoe. she is going about 25 miles an hour. right up the trailor into the back window of the brand new tahoe. broke the back window and folded up the roof.
"RAMMIN SPEED" everyone yelled out.
F*&K i love site six on holiday weekends. give me a chair a 12 pack and a pack of smokes. its always a good laugh. especially when the guys are out there with the score cards.

Mrs.Racer277
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I don't remember her saying anything, just giving me 'The Look' as in "Get your ass up here and back this truck so these stupid MF'ers won't say a damn word" Look...
:)
What "LOOK"???????? :p :p :rolleyes: :p
Love ya babe :)