PDA

View Full Version : New Thread so we don't jack the Lavey vs Cobra Thread

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys for the back up, I PM'd Creator and we settled our differences....it's interesting that folks don't want to fight as much "out of the limelight of the sandbar". He said he worked in fiberglass and had seen his share of cracks in Kachinas and I should call him if we had any problems. I didn't want to jack that thread and turn it into..........well this! (hence the new thread)
I don't ready anything Jordy says anymore, the only way I see it is if someone quotes him. Deb Old Ass? that is kinda funny :jawdrop: LOL
As I said, I wouldn't have offered my opinon, except I noticed a few others offering their favorite brand of boat. I'm not a boating expert, I'm a tutor for kids that can't read well....but I know we enjoy our boat, and wanted to share that with others in the boating market. I'm not saying no one has ever had a bad experience with kachina, but we and several people we know love our boats and the company.
Like this is going to stop me from posting pics of my boat and recomending it to people that are looking for boats.................right................ :D
Whatever, if this is the worst thing that happens to me today, it's really ok..... :D
I just wonder how all the "haters" would do under the same sort of pressure....Someone slamming their boat ALL THE TIME :D
Anyone remember the Commander Thread? :rolleyes:

ahhell
10-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Dont go there Debbo........... :argue: ......... :wink:

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:33 AM
morning Deb, and Bob :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:34 AM
well in here we've got a combo of Kachina owner, Commander, and Cheetah :D
Probably the 3 most picked on out there...

OutCole'd
10-16-2005, 07:36 AM
well in here we've got a combo of Kachina owner, Commander, and Cheetah :D
Probably the 3 most picked on out there...
:D Nice
Can I hijack this thread? How's the new job Dan?

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Anyone that even owns a boat is OK in my book.*
:D
(*unless it's that guy on a PWC that ran into the side of my boat)

ahhell
10-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Morning Dan...is that a Cheetah :sqeyes: .......LMAO
hows the pup??

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:41 AM
:D Nice
Can I hijack this thread? How's the new job Dan?
Hey Bill...its going good, except that I'm here working on saturday (my 7th in a row)
The owner is under the impression that the Service Director (me) is supposed to "live" in the dealership :yuk:
Gonna try and hit the lake next weekend

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 07:41 AM
I was thinking............maybe ***boat should just create a forum for boat bashing..........like they did for the political junkies....... ;)
What escapes me (please explain this to me) is WHY would anyone CARE what you choose to buy and drive? If you are happy with your boat, it's no skin off their nose, I don't get it?
I do offer Kachina when people ask for information on purchasing a boat, but, ya know...............that ignore button works REALLY well.
Put me on ignore, and you won't have to read my posts (novel idea) :D
When I first joined this place, I got a LOT of heat for posting nonsense, yet I noticed that the gals that showed their bodies off, were left alone to post whatever nonsense they wanted too.
Attack my post content, attack my boat, whatever, I'm not going anywhere :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't care for that guy on the PWC either ;)

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Morning Dan...is that a Cheetah :sqeyes: .......LMAO
hows the pup??
yup, Cheetah it is :wink:
Pup is great, ornery little "baztard" though

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Bill...its going good, except that I'm here working on saturday (my 7th in a row)
The owner is under the impression that the Service Director (me) is supposed to "live" in the dealership :yuk:
Gonna try and hit the lake next weekend
OP6?

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:44 AM
I was thinking............maybe ***boat should just create a forum for boat bashing..........like they did for the political junkies....... ;)
What escapes me (please explain this to me) is WHY would anyone CARE what you choose to buy and drive? If you are happy with your boat, it's no skin off their nose, I don't get it?
I do offer Kachina when people ask for information on purchasing a boat, but, ya know...............that ignore button works REALLY well.
When I first joined this place, I got a LOT of heat for posting nonsense, yet I noticed that the gals that showed their bodies off, were left alone to post whatever nonsense they wanted too.
Glad to have you around Debbo :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 07:44 AM
OP6?
Probably Havasu

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Glad to have you around Debbo :D
Thanks!
Havasu?!?
Come on up to Lake Mohave!!!
I'm making chicken wings :wink:

JetBoatRich
10-16-2005, 08:00 AM
On the water and having fun should be the purpose of it all :wink:
By the way, we really like out Hallett :cool: the old JetBoat is fun as well :wink:

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
By the way, we really like out Hallett :cool: the old JetBoat is fun as well :wink:
Thats the truth alright :D
Glad that Hallett is working out for ya :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks!
Havasu?!?
Come on up to Lake Mohave!!!
I'm making chicken wings :wink:
maybe, but its an extra few hours of drive time for me as I'd have to go to Havasu first to get the boat

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 08:04 AM
...........said the Hallett owner :D

LaveyOne
10-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Hey HH,
you must have an awfully BIG BOOK !!! ;)

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey HH,
you must have an awfully BIG BOOK !!! ;)
Yeah...I guess it is.
One day when I learn to read (maybe Deb can teach me)...I'll actually go through it. Until then, I just like to look at the pictures!

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah...I guess it is.
One day when I learn to read (maybe Deb can teach me)...I'll actually go through it. Until then, I just like to look at the pictures!
I am available for private tutoring :rollside: .........(just not spelling) :rolleyes:

76ANTHONY
10-16-2005, 08:11 AM
PSSSSSSST, shhhhhhh i own a jetboat, dont tell anyone though :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 08:13 AM
I am available for private tutoring :rollside: .........(just not spelling) :rolleyes:
WoooHoooo!!! I'm not on the "ignore" list!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-16-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm just glad I got lucky enough to buy a brand that is "acceptable" to the experts. :rolleyes:
Seriously, I personally think some brands are better than others as far as quality and resale value, but I would NEVER say it publicly. Everyone thinks their boat is great (nearly everyone), so why would I bash their decision? 40-100K is a lot of money to spend on something to have another person say it is a peice of junk.
My opinion, of course, but I just think it's bad manners and low class.

76ANTHONY
10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
hey debbolas, i like your boat, and i also took a trip through your image center pics and you got some nice pics :crossx:

Man-de-lone
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
How about the hair? :p

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Sounds like the same guy who tried torpedoing my Taylor quite a few years ago (same M.O.). Guess my Taylor is a bit more maneuverable then a Cig. :wink:
It helped I saw him coming but was SURE he'd see my 18' of sparkling RED in the noon-day sun. :220v: Wanted to turn back & drown the bahstahd.
"STRESS - The mind overriding the body's desire to choke the living %#$@ out of someone who deserves it."

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Debbolas, you can post all the nonsense you want & I'm cool with it. 'Course, I'm cool with you posting pix of yerself too (boat too is OK). :cool:
PM me the really GOOD pix. :wink: :wink: :wink:

JetBoatRich
10-16-2005, 12:05 PM
My opinion, of course, but I just think it's bad manners and low class.
Very true :D

Charley
10-16-2005, 01:22 PM
i'm really hurt now big fella :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Debbolas
10-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the backup guys :D
Jordy deleted his original post......
Sincerely,
The Kachina Cheerleader
(formerly Deb Old Ass)

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the backup guys :D
Jordy deleted his original post......
Sincerely,
The Kachina Cheerleader
(formerly Deb Old Ass)
we're here to help ;)

Jordy
10-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back Deb. Me deleting it had nothing to do with you or anything you said. If you'd read the explanation, you'd understand, maybe. ;)
Then again, I'm on ignore, thankfully (although you certainly do seem to bring my name up alot... hmm). Maybe your friends can explain it to you. :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back Deb. Me deleting it had nothing to do with you or anything you said. If you'd read the explanation, you'd understand, maybe. ;)
Then again, I'm on ignore, thankfully (although you certainly do seem to bring my name up alot... hmm). Maybe your friends can explain it to you. :D
Jordy shouldn't you be on the lake? My only excuse is that I'm working :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Deb, I'm really sorry. I have been in a real bad mood lately (which has nothing to do with you), and maybe I am guilty of coming across a little harsh.
In reality, I like Kachinas. They are wonderful little boats that I really enjoy riding in. Perhaps one day, you can take me for a ride in yours?
Thanks for putting up with me during this rough time of the month.
Your pal,
Jordy

Jordy
10-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Jordy shouldn't you be on the lake? My only excuse is that I'm working :cry:
Heading that way right now for the full moon party. Even going to be hanging out with a *gasp* Kachina of all things. I'll take some pics because I'm sure nobody would believe me otherwise. :D

JetBoatRich
10-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy
Deb, I'm really sorry. I have been in a real bad mood lately (which has nothing to do with you), and maybe I am guilty of coming across a little harsh.
In reality, I like Kachinas. They are wonderful little boats that I really enjoy riding in. Perhaps one day, you can take me for a ride in yours?
Thanks for putting up with me during this rough time of the month.
Your pal,
Jordy
That there is funny :D

dicudmore
10-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Heading that way right now for the full moon party. Even going to be hanging out with a *gasp* Kachina of all things. I'll take some pics because I'm sure nobody would believe me otherwise. :D
cool, have a good time, tell Rob I said hi :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-16-2005, 04:35 PM
HH, too funny!

paradigm shift
10-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys for the back up, I PM'd Creator and we settled our differences....it's interesting that folks don't want to fight as much "out of the limelight of the sandbar". He said he worked in fiberglass and had seen his share of cracks in Kachinas and I should call him if we had any problems. I didn't want to jack that thread and turn it into..........well this! (hence the new thread)
I don't ready anything Jordy says anymore, the only way I see it is if someone quotes him. Deb Old Ass? that is kinda funny :jawdrop: LOL
As I said, I wouldn't have offered my opinon, except I noticed a few others offering their favorite brand of boat. I'm not a boating expert, I'm a tutor for kids that can't read well....but I know we enjoy our boat, and wanted to share that with others in the boating market. I'm not saying no one has ever had a bad experience with kachina, but we and several people we know love our boats and the company.
Like this is going to stop me from posting pics of my boat and recomending it to people that are looking for boats.................right................ :D
Whatever, if this is the worst thing that happens to me today, it's really ok..... :D
I just wonder how all the "haters" would do under the same sort of pressure....Someone slamming their boat ALL THE TIME :D
If you dig deep enough you will find someone that has had trouble with pretty much every manufacturer. We bought our boat with out doing a lot of checking. After I did I worried for a while. Well 8 years later I am more than satisfied with our choice. Obviously it would not have been the choice of some. Some boats are better than others and some do not meet everyones needs or taste so thankfully we have choices!
Boat a big bucket of resin we all pour money into. :wink:
I am with you too many haters out there.

No Name
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
:smile: Who cares, it is all in good fun anyway. :smile:

voodoomedman
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I just don't know why everyone has to disrespect eachother!!!!!!!
Yes, Deb I agree that plugging Kachina when the topic is about Cobra and Lavey may be a little out of line but I don't lose sleep over it. But in my post I also backed up and noted the fact that you stated since everyone else is doing it then you will do it too. There is an influx of freaking Dana plugs by many members lately. I have much more respect for the manufacturers on here that do not bash other boats and only talk about their own boats in their own thread or a thread where someone was asking a question or something about them.
Now when someone asks what kind of boat should I buy then of course everyone is going to have an opinion. And actually Deb never says Kachina is the best and you must buy. She actually says to just check them out at least because they are very happy with it.
It just gets me when people start being really mean to people on here. I have met Deb and Matt and they are super nice people and I can't see ever talking mean to them or about them over something so trivial as a Cowchina plug.

voodoomedman
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah and pretty much unless you buy a Skater then someone will have at least one bad thing to say about your boat.
Actually there is always someone to say something. Froggy will tell you that Something is wrong and that is why he made that particular thing better on the Trident.

Jordy
10-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah and pretty much unless you buy a Skater then someone will have at least one bad thing to say about your boat.
I heard that Skaters like to roll over at slow speeds. Never heard about a Kachina rolling over. Score: Skater-0. Kachina-1. :notam: :D
p.s. It's just the internet, and similar to life, not everyone has to like everyone else. ;)

voodoomedman
10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
p.s. It's just the internet, and similar to life, not everyone has to like everyone else. ;)
Agreed. You don't have to like everyone else but you don't have to go out of you way to say hurtful things to them unless they really did something wrong or hurtful to you. There was a certain person on this board who rubbed me the wrong way a few times and I just ignored it and now he dug his own doggie hole and is no longer here.

Debbolas
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, I'm getting my boat (up at Ahhells) right now....... :clover:
Looking forward to next weekend........stop by my boat for some chicken fingers/wings and beer......conversation, pictures....etc....
Jordy, let's have a beer and bury the hatchett (not in each other's back) :D
Debbolas<------------hoping Jeff will play the guitar Friday or Saturday night..........I'm thinking BBQ at our "mobile estate" :D
Thank you for everyone that stood up for me..... :D

voodoomedman
10-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Well, I'm getting my boat (up at Ahhells) right now....... :clover:
Looking forward to next weekend........stop by my boat for some chicken fingers/wings and beer......conversation, pictures....etc....
Jordy, let's have a beer and bury the hatchett (not in each other's back) :D
Debbolas<------------hoping Jeff will play the guitar Friday or Saturday night..........I'm thinking BBQ at our "mobile estate" :D
Thank you for everyone that stood up for me..... :D
You gotta bring that thing down to Havasu!!!

Debbolas
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
You gotta bring that thing down to Havasu!!!
Well, this is our last trip of the year, (probably) but next year, I hope to see more of the river (havasu included). This summer was sucky, my surgery, and Screams travel plans...next summer will be better :D
Ahhell, has some cute little puppies.....Yorkies :D
:rolleyes: If we only knew someone we could stay with at Havasu....... :rolleyes:
;)

Jyruiz
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Look at my boat (it is in my sig) and feel free to flame it, I don't mind, it gets me on the water. My next boat might be even worse, and I wil still put it in my sig. :)

BadKachina
10-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Actually there is always someone to say something. Froggy will tell you that Something is wrong and that is why he made that particular thing better on the Trident.
Ask an MTI or Nor-Tech owner what they think about Skaters. :) That's why we America is the greatest country on earth. In other countries their fighting over bread and potatoes.............. :argue:

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Debbolas<------------hoping Jeff will play the guitar Friday or Saturday night.......... :D
Don't hold your breath. I'm retired :D
Only the walls of my home get to hear me play nowadays. ;)