PDA

View Full Version : Any word on R-I-M

Boatmaster
10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Whats up this time.

deltarat
10-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Yesterday morning I heard he was having problems with his boat eating belts. That was the last thing I heard.

Jetboatguru
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I heard that his carburetor bearings took a shit and he had to swap them out. Then, he ran out of prop wash and lost his best propeller. On the way down to Havasu he ran out of blinker fluid and was stuck on the road for hours. He needed a 5 gallon bucket of steam but could only find a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. One of his seats came loose and needed a #12 wood screw tap to fix it but couldn't find one. He said the motor was down on power so he went to buy a can of compression to hop her up but that didn't work either. Oh the irony.

PINSTRIPER GIRL
10-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Tony, you are the best at making me laugh! Luv ya! :D

Boatmaster
10-16-2005, 08:29 PM
I heard that his carburetor bearings took a shit and he had to swap them out. Then, he ran out of prop wash and lost his best propeller. On the way down to Havasu he ran out of blinker fluid and was stuck on the road for hours. He needed a 5 gallon bucket of steam but could only find a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. One of his seats came loose and needed a #12 wood screw tap to fix it but couldn't find one. He said the motor was down on power so he went to buy a can of compression to hop her up but that didn't work either. Oh the irony.
At least it was'nt as bad as the last trip then. :hammerhea

LUVNLIFE
10-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Sounds like he had a worse day than me :confused: :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.topthat.net/webrock/images/schlep.jpg

abraman1326
10-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh my freakin god. If you can't laugh at that, you need to turn your ass around and go home, you don't have a human bone in your body. That is some funny crap.
BRA

Rock-it man
10-19-2005, 10:13 AM
You guys are Killin me !!!!!!!! here!!!
Ya ! had some challanges
Trip was perfect no traffic and only 17 hr drive.Got the boat in the water Fri AM and found that the blower belt had a fray on it then found that the Alt pully had backed off a little .Aaron at Absolute loaned me a puller to remove and repair it ,so then headed out on the lake . put on the 16.5 x 31 prop and set the blower up for aprox 23 lbs boost. As soon as I hit the throttle the trans gave out ,now this was the rebuilt one I just got back from BAM . I can only think of two reasons why it would go out either there was still a problem with the trans or the motor is just putting out more torque than I thought and I was to hard on it. The trans went out in the same way it did at Pittsburg so it may have just been my driving ,will be sending back this week for another rebuild.
I am notgiving up just yet ,plan on another trip to the delta to try again in a couple weeks then droping the boat at Washed Ashore's shop for some gell coat work. Hope the weather holds down there. Then will freshen the motor and sell it. Never had any challanges at 10 lbs so will tune dowm the motor a little for someone else. Any takersoutthere ???
my new boat for 2006 is being built now so if anyone interested in a Datona call me !!!!!

deltarat
10-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Ya ! had some challanges
Trip was perfect no traffic and only 17 hr drive.Got the boat in the water Fri AM and found that the blower belt had a fray on it then found that the Alt pully had backed off a little .Aaron at Absolute loaned me a puller to remove and repair it ,so then headed out on the lake . put on the 16.5 x 31 prop and set the blower up for aprox 23 lbs boost. As soon as I hit the throttle the trans gave out ,now this was the rebuilt one I just got back from BAM . I can only think of two reasons why it would go out either there was still a problem with the trans or the motor is just putting out more torque than I thought and I was to hard on it. The trans went out in the same way it did at Pittsburg so it may have just been my driving ,will be sending back this week for another rebuild.
I am notgiving up just yet ,plan on another trip to the delta to try again in a couple weeks then droping the boat at Washed Ashore's shop for some gell coat work. Hope the weather holds down there. Then will freshen the motor and sell it. Never had any challanges at 10 lbs so will tune dowm the motor a little for someone else. Any takersoutthere ???
my new boat for 2006 is being built now so if anyone interested in a Datona call me !!!!!
RIM sorry to hear that you drove all the way down there only to break your boat again.

DCBob
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
RIM sorry to hear that you drove all the way down there only to break your boat again.
Yeah, no kidding :( Hats off to you RIM, you can take a lickin & keep on ticken :D Keep the faith, you'll giterdone

Moneypitt
10-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Tony you forgot to mention the part where his family and keys got locked in the truck, took hours for AAA to get them out..................MP

jackpunx
10-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Ya ! had some challanges
If you want to beat the 144 record.. I'll sell you my boat :D

ELIMINAT THIS
10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
If you want to beat the 144 record.. I'll sell you my boat :D
LMAO :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea Can you give RIM a ride in your boat so he can atleast say he has gone that fast,just not in a daytona.

acatitude
10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
LMAO :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea Can you give RIM a ride in your boat so he can atleast say he has gone that fast,just not in a daytona.
LMAO

jackpunx
10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
LOL>.
I’m done going that fast.. to dangerous.. Once was enough.
but with a smaller pully.. and some race gas.. its a done deal :)

TUNNEL T
10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
RIM sorry to hear that you drove all the way down there only to break your boat again.terry i really think this boob is more of a truck driver than a f@#!in boat driver ! jet boat guru your the best,that shit is funny but you forgot his best line yet (i left my best prop in the truckand it got stolen) sometimes this idiot is fun to laugh at but most of time he's boring b.s.
TUNNEL T

DCBob
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
terry i really think this boob is more of a truck driver than a f@#!in boat driver ! jet boat guru your the best,that shit is funny but you forgot his best line yet (i left my best prop in the truckand it got stolen) sometimes this idiot is fun to laugh at but most of time he's boring b.s.
TUNNEL T
That's some harsh ass sheit TT :hammer2: You'd think it was your prop he left in the truck that got stolen :cry: :D

stoker2001
10-21-2005, 01:10 PM
That's some harsh ass sheit TT :hammer2: You'd think it was your prop he left in the truck that got stolen :cry: :Dya ,TT what he said,never a dull moment with RIM around,did you get caught in RIMs roost at one time :D call me if you are free this week as me and the 22 Daytona will try to blow our junk up this weekend,probably sat

NICE PAIR
10-21-2005, 01:13 PM
ya ,TT what he said,never a dull moment with RIM around,did you get caught in RIMs roost at one time :D call me if you are free this week as me and the 22 Daytona will try to blow our junk up this weekend,probably sat
Where you guys headed? Maybe you need someone to follow, in case you need a tow. :D

DCBob
10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Next lunchrun???/ tis saturday weather permitting?????????????????
BC said something about Sat. I can play for a while Sat. but I have to come in early and go to a friends housewarming :) I'll be expected to show up sober & get drunk :messedup: Not show up drunk & pass out :notam: So Sunday works better for me, but I'll go either way :D

HP350SC
10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
terry i really think this boob is more of a truck driver than a f@#!in boat driver ! jet boat guru your the best,that shit is funny but you forgot his best line yet (i left my best prop in the truckand it got stolen) sometimes this idiot is fun to laugh at but most of time he's boring b.s.
TUNNEL T
Take it easy Tunnel T, you must not know Wayne very well. He is one of the nicest people I have met from the boards. A little grandstanding when you are trying to break a record is no big deal. BTW, I would love to be as dumb as this "idiot". :D

BLEWBAYOU1
10-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Take it easy Tunnel T, you must not know Wayne very well. He is one of the nicest people I have met from the boards. A little grandstanding when you are trying to break a record is no big deal. BTW, I would love to be as dumb as this "idiot". :D
Ditto. :cool:

stoker2001
10-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Where you guys headed? Maybe you need someone to follow, in case you need a tow. :DSteve and Scott (afterburner22) want to show there boss the whole entire delta in one day :eek: i have to get a hall pass or maybe agree to cruise slow for the little women if she tags along :argue:looks to be nice warm weather on sat, will try to call you tommorrow

Boatmaster
10-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Steve and Scott (afterburner22) want to show there boss the whole entire delta in one day :eek: i have to get a hall pass or maybe agree to cruise slow for the little women if she tags along :argue:looks to be nice warm weather on sat, will try to call you tommorrow
You guys suck I have to work!!! :confused: Have fun see ya next time.

TUNNEL T
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
you guys are gonna make me cry! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

hulshot
10-22-2005, 03:47 PM
JP I already tried to sell my boat to him, he said he wanted to beat the record in his boat not mine, Oh well. So I sold it anyway. I am now boatless for now ;)

MOBrien
10-23-2005, 08:50 AM
JP I already tried to sell my boat to him, he said he wanted to beat the record in his boat not mine, Oh well. So I sold it anyway. I am now boatless for now ;)
You focken sold it?? WTF...seems like you just got it set up the way you wanted it?? What's next?

deltarat
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
You focken sold it?? WTF...seems like you just got it set up the way you wanted it?? What's next?
Don't ask!!

acatitude
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Don, you should get a second job as a boat broker...... maybe you already have :D

HP350SC
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Don't ask!!
He posted it, I'm asking. WTH Don?

acatitude
10-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I see something with 2 bbc in (dons) that young jedi warriors future

hulshot
10-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I may just make some boat shows this year to see whats out there that need to go FASTER. lol I kept the motor and may be building a sister to it to drop into a boat. but havent 100% sure deceided. I think a 28-34 with twin 600's will run out good.

ELIMINAT THIS
10-29-2005, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=hulshot]I may just make some boat shows this year to see whats out there that need to go FASTER. lol I kept the motor and may be building a sister to it to drop into a boat. but havent 100% sure deceided. I think a 28-34 with twin 600's will run out good.[/QUOTE
So twin 600's what kinda speeds would you be looking for mid 70's maybe touch 80 on a real good day. :hammer2: :coffeycup

deltarat
10-29-2005, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=hulshot]I may just make some boat shows this year to see whats out there that need to go FASTER. lol I kept the motor and may be building a sister to it to drop into a boat. but havent 100% sure deceided. I think a 28-34 with twin 600's will run out good.[/QUOTE
So twin 600's what kinda speeds would you be looking for mid 70's maybe touch 80 on a real good day. :hammer2: :coffeycup
You know Don, as long as it does 65 he will have a good time!

HP350SC
10-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Here's my guess.
Don builds a scary fast Stoker.
Wife says: too dangerous, you better get a bigger boat.
Don winks at us and says, good idea honey :D
Hey since this thread was about Rock-it man, I wonder how his BIG project is coming? oops almost spilled the beans :eek:

P P R
10-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I hear Rock-it-man is going to try to run 230mph.

DAVEO
10-29-2005, 07:12 PM
In what an indy or f-1 car.

DAVEO
10-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, no kidding :( Hats off to you RIM, you can take a lickin & keep on ticken :D Keep the faith, you'll giterdone
Just like a good watch, you can beat the hell out of it but it keeps comming back for more.

hulshot
10-29-2005, 10:20 PM
On will get a good boat that willout do the Stoker. What it is I dont know.
whatever it is it should be good. Rockit - man's new boat will be impressive for a V-bottom, What do you think HP. My boat is gone tomarrow after breakfast.
So HP what is the bottom line for Your boat???????????????/ My bud is still looking for a boat. :hammerhea

HP350SC
10-30-2005, 10:21 AM
On will get a good boat that willout do the Stoker. What it is I dont know.
whatever it is it should be good. Rockit - man's new boat will be impressive for a V-bottom, What do you think HP. My boat is gone tomarrow after breakfast.
So HP what is the bottom line for Your boat???????????????/ My bud is still looking for a boat. :hammerhea
Yeah, Wayne will have the fastest houseboat around!
I figured you spun your neighbor into your boat. :)
Now you know that is a great deal already on my boat, cash always talks!